The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Ghetsis was more challenging, but I like Alder as a champion better. He appeals to me a lot for some reason.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old March 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Alder had that weird guru-champion look going on. Maybe it was his hair or something, but he was still an easy Champion. Ghetsis had a sick team.
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Alder feels like more of a final gym leader than a champion. Do you think alder will be replaced in BW2?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Veteran, Oracle, Harbinger

Nature: Quiet
TBH I'm expecting Cheren to be champion in B2W2 but it probably won't happen, oh well lol.

Hmph, have you begun to understand pain?
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:52 AM
miltankRancher

Very unlikely. Cheren is a character in BW whose role is somehow little. There is little to no chance at all for Cheren being the Champion. If ever there is a revamp of the league, I think Drayden or Grimsley will most likely fill the spot.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Very unlikely. Cheren is a character in BW whose role is somehow little. There is little to no chance at all for Cheren being the Champion. If ever there is a revamp of the league, I think Drayden or Grimsley will most likely fill the spot.
Maybe Marshal or even someone from a different region. That would be interesting.

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria

Sadly I can't disagree with that, maybe Cheren will end up becoming the 8th Gym Leader of Unova like Blue was with Kanto during HG/SS but that's probably unlikely as well unfortunately. I can see Drayden becoming the champion though tbh heck maybe Drayden will be the champ in B2 while Iris will be the champ in W2 coincidentally enough lol. Hope they have differing teams this time around though.

Maybe if Alder can be battled in the same fashion as Steven was in Emerald he would have a revamped team such as replacing Vanilluxe with Gigalith for example. Just putting that possibility out there too lol.

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
miltankRancher

I'm pretty sure that if Alder is somehow ousted in BW2 as the champion, he will be incorporated somewhere in the postgame. Alder is just too much of an important person to be left out in this generation.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
psyanic

That possibility seems remote to begin with. Alder practically has to be the Champion. Look at how much he "helps" your throughout. Actually, I won't be surprised if he turns out like Steven from Emerald. It would be an awesome storyline discovering who the other Champion would be, I'll give you that. But I hope they change his team.
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
That possibility seems remote to begin with. Alder practically has to be the Champion. Look at how much he "helps" your throughout. Actually, I won't be surprised if he turns out like Steven from Emerald. It would be an awesome storyline discovering who the other Champion would be, I'll give you that. But I hope they change his team.
Or maybe N will turn good at the end of the game and help you defeat Ghetsis and become the champion or something...
I thought Alder had a unique team. I felt that with him it was Pokemon that he chose, not just the strong ones.

Old March 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
psyanic

I'm all for playing with Pokemon you like. I played a FireRed run where I didn't evolve the Eevee because I thought it was cute. Sure its stats were horrendous, but I just liked it that way. Champions are different though. I feel like they should be more of a challenge, so their team should reflect as such. More than half his team was murdered by Stone Edge, so I think that's just a glaring issue when his team is supposed to be "diverse".
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
I'm all for playing with Pokemon you like. I played a FireRed run where I didn't evolve the Eevee because I thought it was cute. Sure its stats were horrendous, but I just liked it that way. Champions are different though. I feel like they should be more of a challenge, so their team should reflect as such. More than half his team was murdered by Stone Edge, so I think that's just a glaring issue when his team is supposed to be "diverse".
All of Stevens team could be murdered with Blaziken. All of Lances team could be murdered with a Feraligater that knew Ice Fang. All of Walleces team could be easily murdered too. What's the difference?

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria

Just to nitpick there Cosmotone regarding Blaziken vs Steven since Steven's Claydol can presumably take a hit from Blaziken and KO it with Earthquake if they're around the same level each at the time. But if it's just plowing through the champion's team with a level 100 you can pretty much do that with almost any Poke barring guys such as Sunkern lol.

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

All of Stevens team could be murdered with Blaziken. All of Lances team could be murdered with a Feraligater that knew Ice Fang. All of Walleces team could be easily murdered too. What's the difference?
Wrong argument here, bro. Alder's team is not diverse, yes. However, comapring them to monotype teams liek Lance's, Steven's, and Wallace's... They are two sides of the story.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Wrong argument here, bro. Alder's team is not diverse, yes. However, comapring them to monotype teams liek Lance's, Steven's, and Wallace's... They are two sides of the story.
The truth is that they arent that much different. All are champions, all should have the same expectations.

Old March 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
psyanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

The truth is that they arent that much different. All are champions, all should have the same expectations.
Erm, no. They're different classes of champions. See, you didn't try comparing Alder to Cynthia or Blue, which you should be doing. Why? Because their teams share the same themes: diversity. Cynthia and Blue both had pretty well rounded teams and not one type attack could take out most of their team. However, Alder does not display that and it makes him easier. Monotype champions are completely different because one type can demolish most of their team.
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Yes, but Alder is virtually a monotype due to the fact that his team can be taken out a rock type and that half of his team is bug type.

Old March 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM
psyanic

There's no such thing as virtually monotype. It's monotype or bust. He's not a monotype. He has a few other types as well, namely Normal and Dragon. It's a team flaw that he has three bug types, but that doesn't make him a monotype for bug because not all of his team are bugs. Yes, he has a glaring weakness to the Rock-type, and I believe that should be fixed since that makes him easy.
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Why can't virtually monotype exist? Lance had two Pokemon that werent dragons, yet he is considered a monotype. Same goes for Steven. They are virtually monotypes, just like Alder

Old March 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
psyanic

Yeah, Steven was a master of the Steel-type. GameFreak wanted to keep the Pokemon native to their region they're in, otherwise it's kind of weird. It makes more sense for the champion to use their region's Pokemon. There were 9 Steel-types (fully-evolved, that is) during Gen III. Steelix, Scizor, Magneton, Metagross, Skamory, Aggron, Foretress, Mawile, and Jirachi. Obviously, Jirachi is a legendary so they didn't give him that. Steelix, Scizor, and Foretress are native to Johto so there's no sense in them being there. Mawile is pitiful, and is not fit for a Champion's team. That leaves Magneton, Metagross, Skarmory, and Aggron. That is not enough for a team so they cheated a bit and gave him fossil Pokemon and Claydol and took out Magneton.

The same goes with Lance. He had only the Dratini line for dragons. That's one species. They simply didn't have the Pokemon to supply Lance with actual Dragon-types, so they gave him the next best thing: draconic Pokemon.

Alder is different. He doesn't have a main theme or a type that he follows. He's just Alder, simply diverse.
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
miltankRancher

Agree here. Steven and Lance are considered also as their types because, look, most of their Pokemon are metallic or draconic in appearance and nature. Alder's Pokemon on the other hand is just diverse. There is no commonality between all of them, just diverse. Random choices for a champion's team.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 17th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Still, just because of the appearence it doesnt change the fact that they can still be swept easily. Alders team may not have a common look, but his team has as many bugs as Steven did steel.

Old March 17th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria

Okay new question.

WHICH CHAMPION DID YOU HAVE THE MOST FUN BATTLING AND WHY???

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Cynthia. Definetly Cynthia.
I had one Pokemon left. No revives. She had just her Milotic. I had just my Empoleon with half HP, PP all gone except for Drill Peck, which had 11 pp left. Empoleon used Drill Peck three times, bringing it down to half HP. She kept using Ice Beam, I kept using Drill Peck until she got down to red. She used a Full Restore, and I kept using Drill Peck, which at this point had 6 PP left. I brought it down to yellow again using five more drill Pecks, but at this point ice beam had taken its toll and I was in red. I had one pp left for drill peck. It wouldn't kill it, but I had no choice. Empoleon used drill peck, and It critical hit, giving me the victory.

It was pure awesomeness.

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria

That's awesome dude.

For me it was Blue/Gary and his Arcanine going up against my Blastoise with those 2 being our final Pokes each, my Blastoise survived 2 critical hit Extremespeeds and KO'ed Arcanine in 1 shot with Hydro Pump in the sun without a critical, and it was level 72 at the time lol.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links