Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Champions League

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2012 (07:34 AM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
More awesomeness. :D
Howd you get it level 72?
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old March 17th, 2012 (08:15 AM).
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Erm, Steven. I was doing a solo-run with an Aggron and it bull-dozed its way through his team. Nah, I'm kidding. It was ridiculous since not many attacks were actually super-effective so most hits were neutral and given his team has high Defense to start with, it was tough. I did manage to get to his Metagross, which was sure to kill me off since Aggron has a 4x weakness to Earthquake. Nevertheless, I pushed through and we exchanged hits. I was hoping for a critical, but that never happened. But I did survive the hit with 4 HP left. I brought his Metagross to only halfway, but that was enough for me to kill it.
Old March 17th, 2012 (08:52 AM).

Nature: Quiet
I did a lot of training after the first time I beat the E4, managed to get my team of Blastoise, Zapdos, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Mr. Mime, and Snorlax up to around level 66 to 71 each with Blastoise aka Undine being my strongest Poke. Those rematches can be really tough sometimes lol.
Old March 17th, 2012 (11:36 AM).

The higher leveled E4 was definitely one of the strongest parts of FRLG. Blue's team got insane after the rematch, especially with that Tyranitar. When I first battled, I got screwed since I didn't know he had it so I lost and it demolished my Mewtwo and Charizard combo... But I got a Dragonite with Earthquake and I did fine afterwards.
Old March 17th, 2012 (02:24 PM).
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Name: Buzz Buzz
Friend: Cynthia
Partner: Braviary
Reason for Joining: You guys seem like a lot of fun. I've been waiting for a club like this and I'm so glad it's finally here that I wanted to join.
I like champions a lot, mostly because they are (or are supposed to be) the strongest trainers in their region. I always feel bad when I defeat them and never look at myself as the new champion.
I chose Cynthia because I like her the most (Jay for the only female champion) and because I think she's the strongest (she gave me a lot of trouble). I know her Braviary isn't exactly a member of her Champion's team, but I honestly love it.
SR - Mr. Mime - X
Random Pokémon - Heart Gold
Duo Species - Furret & Linoone

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red (Fire Red, Ruby, Platinum), Yellow (White 2)
MT - Bug (Fire Red), Grass (Platinum), Normal (X), Steel (Platinum)
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old March 17th, 2012 (03:01 PM).
silhouette of the past

Welcome to the club! Braviary was used in black and white, so it counts

Old March 17th, 2012 (10:13 PM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Rematch Cynthia, or Blue's rematch in FRLG. Even though Cynthia had her team retained with just some level-ups, I can still remember the fun she brought me. Hardest battle I ever fought. It was just a 1 v 1 already, no more restoration thingies. My Empoleon is down to less than 20 HP, her Roserade is not yet even half. I knew I was faster, but I also knew my drill pack would not OHKO it, but wth. I tried, and boom. Crit hit. And Platinum finished.

Blue, on the other hand, is just pure awesomeness.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 18th, 2012 (03:12 AM).
silhouette of the past

Quote originally posted by miltankRancher:
Rematch Cynthia, or Blue's rematch in FRLG. Even though Cynthia had her team retained with just some level-ups, I can still remember the fun she brought me. Hardest battle I ever fought. It was just a 1 v 1 already, no more restoration thingies. My Empoleon is down to less than 20 HP, her Roserade is not yet even half. I knew I was faster, but I also knew my drill pack would not OHKO it, but wth. I tried, and boom. Crit hit. And Platinum finished.

Blue, on the other hand, is just pure awesomeness.
Let this be a lesson- Empoleon is great in the clutch!

Old March 18th, 2012 (03:57 AM).

Thanks!
Cynthia would've been the most difficult, or Lance. They are the only two I have battled with a fairly decent team. Meaning I defeated the other champions on Solo runs or other challenges.
Cynthia's Milotic and Garchomp gave me the most trouble. Garchomp was the only reason I had brought my Gyarados with Ice Fang. Spiritomb was a pain too, but only because he has no weaknesses at all.
I remember having only one Pokémon left, I don't know which one it was, and Cynthia only had Garchomp left. Murphy's law sprang into action and with Garchomp down in the red, I lost.
Of course you can get lucky too, but that's still not everything. If you hadn't dared to use Drill Peck, you might not have won. But then again, Empoleon is a beast.
I never rematched any Champion yet, so I probably should get to it.
SR - Mr. Mime - X

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Leaf Green, Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum), Blastoise (Blue), Butterfree (Fire Red, Gold), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raticate (Leaf Green), Arbok (Heart Gold), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Dugtrio (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Arcanine (Leaf Green), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Golem (Sapphire), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Vaporeon (Platinum), Omastar (Leaf Green), Zapdos (Silver, Sapphire), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Houndoom (Leaf Green), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Ho-Oh (X), Swampert (Fire Red, Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Absol (Leaf Green), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Abomasnow (Black), Chesnaught (X)
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old March 18th, 2012 (05:37 AM).

Quote originally posted by Cosmotone8:

Let this be a lesson- Empoleon is great in the clutch!
Nah, that was luck I guess. I used Infernape once, and I never had a problem with Cynthia. Torterra on the other hand is a whole new story. Even Milotic walls it.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 18th, 2012 (06:03 AM).

I raped Cynthia's team with Torterra by the time it got to level 67 lol. Who would have thought Wood Hammer and Earthquake would be so deadly together lol. Infernape's not too bad against Cynthia either, takes care of Lucario and Roserade for me with ease so it's cool yeah.

This was during my run in Diamond though with my team being Torterra, Infernape, Steelix, Gyarados, Weavile, and Staraptor all around level 63 to 68 each at the time lol. And yes Milotic was a giant pain in the ass which would have probably beaten me if not for the combined efforts of my Torterra and Gyarados at the time lol. Basically had Gyarados sponge up the Ice Beams for me and by the time it ran out of PP I switched to Torterra, took a Surf, and KO'd with Wood Hammer lol.
Old March 18th, 2012 (07:39 AM).

Her Garchomp is so annoying... I demolished her team with a Scizor and a Gallade, so Gallade could Leaf Blade a few things and Scizor cleaned up. Garchomp was the biggest problem because I couldn't land any Super-Effective hits.
Old March 18th, 2012 (09:30 AM).
silhouette of the past

I always have Swords Dance+ Avalanche for Empoleon, so the only problem with garchomp was his deadly earthquake

Old March 18th, 2012 (03:11 PM).

Quote originally posted by Xulek:
I raped Cynthia's team with Torterra by the time it got to level 67 lol. Who would have thought Wood Hammer and Earthquake would be so deadly together lol. Infernape's not too bad against Cynthia either, takes care of Lucario and Roserade for me with ease so it's cool yeah.

This was during my run in Diamond though with my team being Torterra, Infernape, Steelix, Gyarados, Weavile, and Staraptor all around level 63 to 68 each at the time lol. And yes Milotic was a giant pain in the ass which would have probably beaten me if not for the combined efforts of my Torterra and Gyarados at the time lol. Basically had Gyarados sponge up the Ice Beams for me and by the time it ran out of PP I switched to Torterra, took a Surf, and KO'd with Wood Hammer lol.
I had nothing decent enough to back up my Torterra. Milotic IIRC outspeeds it, and always OHKO my Torterra. I managed to defeat it when I decided to lose on purpose so I can get out, revamp my WHOLE team [yes, my first playthrough was revamped] dumping two of my players [IIRC, it was a Lopunny and a Drifblim] so I can put in a spot for a previously trained Magnezone and a traded in from my brother's Platinum, an Earthquake Snorlax. When I faced her again, Luxray OHKOed it with a Thunder.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 19th, 2012 (02:34 PM).

I can post new topics right? The other one is as good as dead xD

If all the champions entered in a tournament, who do you think would win?
Old March 19th, 2012 (05:17 PM).

Hmmm... Let's see. Tournaments are not exactly a measure of one's power, since it randomly matches you up with another person. The two strongest champions may be matched up at Round 1, and we end up losing the second strongest, with a weaker one placing second. [Single Elimination Style]

However, if pitted against one another in a Royal Rumble, I am guessing it is a tie between Cynthia and Steven.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 19th, 2012 (05:58 PM).

Quote originally posted by miltankRancher:
Hmmm... Let's see. Tournaments are not exactly a measure of one's power, since it randomly matches you up with another person. The two strongest champions may be matched up at Round 1, and we end up losing the second strongest, with a weaker one placing second.
The tournament was simply an analogy for saying, "Who is the strongest champion?" I didn't want to pose that question, however, looking back, I probably should have. But I despise such generic questions.

I also thought Cynthia would probably be at the top, probably followed by Red or Steven.
Old March 20th, 2012 (10:51 AM).
silhouette of the past

Red would be the one who came out on top, followed by Steven. Blue would come next, then Wallace, then Cynthia, then Alder.

Old March 20th, 2012 (12:35 PM).

I actually consider Wallace to be one of the weakest champions. His team isn't that much of a threat and his battling prowess is a bit hindered since he's a big supporter for Contests and focuses on beauty rather than power and he's also a Gym Leader, though that doesn't necessarily drag him down at all. The only real "powerhouse" on his team is Milotic, and maybe Gyarados to an extent.

And I'm wondering where Lance is on the list, since he got beat by both Red/Blue so that already places him pretty far down in terms of the Champions. Though, in context to the anime, I'd consider him to be one of the strongest. Although this isn't a fair measurement since he got a lot of screen time in Johto, whereas Steven had an episode and Wallace only appeared for a contest.
Old March 21st, 2012 (09:40 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty

Name: Sector Revenge

Partner: Milotic

Reason for Joining: Big fan of Lance, and LOOOOVEE Cynthia. Champions are the best!

I'm honestly surprised you didn't add the champion Pokemon from the older Pokemon Games...Blue also had Magneton, the three Eeveelutions of Jolteon, Vaporeon & Flareon, Sandslash, Ninetales, & Cloyster from Pokemon Yellow

Lance had Salamence, Garchomp, Altaria as rematches in HeartGold/SoulSilver. In Pokemon Stadium 2 he also uses Tyanitar & Steelix for round 1, as for round 2 he uses Feraligatr, Arcanine & Kangaskhan.
Old March 21st, 2012 (11:00 AM).
silhouette of the past

Quote originally posted by Sector Revenge:

Name: Sector Revenge

Partner: Milotic

Reason for Joining: Big fan of Lance, and LOOOOVEE Cynthia. Champions are the best!

I'm honestly surprised you didn't add the champion Pokemon from the older Pokemon Games...Blue also had Magneton, the three Eeveelutions of Jolteon, Vaporeon & Flareon, Sandslash, Ninetales, & Cloyster from Pokemon Yellow

Lance had Salamence, Garchomp, Altaria as rematches in HeartGold/SoulSilver. In Pokemon Stadium 2 he also uses Tyanitar & Steelix for round 1, as for round 2 he uses Feraligatr, Arcanine & Kangaskhan.
Welcome! I will add those when I get around to it.

Old March 21st, 2012 (11:11 AM).

To answer the question I believe that Cynthia would end up winning the rumble although Steven would come in a close second imo.
Old March 21st, 2012 (11:39 AM).

It would be a close call between Cynthia and Steven, but Cynthia would probably win. Her Pokémon only share two types twice, Water and Ground. Steven has three rock types, three steel types and two psychic types. They are combined with other types but still.
SR - Mr. Mime - X

Completed
Persona - Sacred Gold
Old March 21st, 2012 (11:55 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Buzz Buzz:
It would be a close call between Cynthia and Steven, but Cynthia would probably win. Her Pokémon only share two types twice, Water and Ground. Steven has three rock types, three steel types and two psychic types. They are combined with other types but still.
That is a good observation.(Although Gastrodon is a joke, they could had given her Magnezone instead! lol) But Garchomp could handle half of Steven's Pokemon. Aggron would get 1HKO'd, Metagross would get jeopardize by it. Elecktross has flamethrower, there goes the Steel types. Lucario's Aura Sphere could easily knock out half the part as well, especially those two fossil Pokemon. Spiritomb could fend off Claydol.

The only thing Cynthia has to worry about from Steven is Claydol..I don't see how Steven is so close to Cynthia. Steven's party is way to mono-typed up to even be considered a close call with her. Cynthia has been the most difficult of the champions I've ever faced. Steel is has the most resistences yes, but Cynthia has many ways to defeat them, such as Garchomp, Lucario, Eelektross and Togekiss(if he could learn Flamethrower as well). That's just my third degree..
Old March 21st, 2012 (01:27 PM).

Quote originally posted by Sector Revenge:
Steel is has the most resistences yes, but Cynthia has many ways to defeat them, such as Garchomp, Lucario, Eelektross and Togekiss(if he could learn Flamethrower as well). That's just my third degree..
Lucario's Aura Sphere won't take down Armaldo because it's a Rock-type; it's also part Bug-type so that weakness ceases to exist. Its only weaknesses are Rock and Water, I believe, so Garchomp wouldn't take it down either.

I'll rephrase the question since we're all talking about the games and ignoring every other source of media, like the manga/anime. If Steven had that full team in other media as did Cynthia, who would win? Actually, if all the Champions had their in-game teams in other media, who would be victorious?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)