The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2012 (05:01 PM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Welcome to the club! Hopefully you'll be here to stay as your user name says. Make sure you contribute to the topics, including this new one.
How do you think that Champions rise to their standing atop the Pokemon League?
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 17th, 2012 (07:39 PM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

Nature: Jolly
Well, that's obvious. Working hard and training your pokemon till you reach the top. Don't stop believing in yourself or your pokemon.
Old August 17th, 2012 (10:01 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well as it's seen in the games, the one who beats the Elite 4 and the current champion will gain the title as champion themselves, though honestly, I think there should be a bit more to it. For example, it's shown in the anime that Aaron from the Sinnoh E4 was battling Cynthia, so it may be that the E4 members, following the anime, battle against each other for the title of champion. This of course means that you'll have to be part of the E4 to have a chance at becoming champion, so the road to becoming a champion is probably to become a well-known trainer, shown to have the skills that are required to become an E4 member, possibly by being a gym leader beforehand like Koga, and then once they're offered the position, battle their way to champion. Of course this is a really cluttered way of doing everything, so if you follow how it actually is, all you have to do is beat the E4 and the current champion lol
Old August 18th, 2012 (04:29 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post

Well as it's seen in the games, the one who beats the Elite 4 and the current champion will gain the title as champion themselves, though honestly, I think there should be a bit more to it. For example, it's shown in the anime that Aaron from the Sinnoh E4 was battling Cynthia, so it may be that the E4 members, following the anime, battle against each other for the title of champion. This of course means that you'll have to be part of the E4 to have a chance at becoming champion, so the road to becoming a champion is probably to become a well-known trainer, shown to have the skills that are required to become an E4 member, possibly by being a gym leader beforehand like Koga, and then once they're offered the position, battle their way to champion.
This is what I was getting at. Or you could have the tournament style that's also seen in the anime gathering all the best trainers. Personally I think that would make more sense than having the Elite Four.

Old August 18th, 2012 (05:04 AM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

That's true. I was thinking about how you get there. Not how you literally become it. But yeah, that does make a lot more sense. I agree.
Old August 24th, 2012 (01:50 PM).
allaurarenee
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bashful
Name: allaurarenee
Friend: Blue
Partner: (Ifrit)
Reason for Joining: I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. (:
Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

Current Topic: How powerful do you think Iris is? Where does she rank among her peers (other champions)?

Still waiting for BW2 so I haven't been able to battle her as a champion. However, as a Gym Leader she was one of the toughest to beat in B&W!

I bet she'll be a tough one to beat compared to the other champions, dragon types are one of the most powerful in the game. And just by recalling how tough it was to defeat Lance, what with his Dragonites, I have no doubt she'll be hard to beat once I play Black2.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 1635 9711 3368
Old August 26th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaurarenee View Post
Name: allaurarenee
Friend: Blue
Partner: (Ifrit)
Reason for Joining: I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. (:
Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

Current Topic: How powerful do you think Iris is? Where does she rank among her peers (other champions)?

Still waiting for BW2 so I haven't been able to battle her as a champion. However, as a Gym Leader she was one of the toughest to beat in B&W!

I bet she'll be a tough one to beat compared to the other champions, dragon types are one of the most powerful in the game. And just by recalling how tough it was to defeat Lance, what with his Dragonites, I have no doubt she'll be hard to beat once I play Black2.
Your form has been accepted. Lance was actually quite easy to beat for me due to the fact that I spammed my Feraligatr's Ice Fang a bit extremely. But Iris's team seems a bit more balanced with more Pokemon that aren't Dragon type so you can't just sweep her team with one Pokemon.

Old August 26th, 2012 (10:48 AM).
allaurarenee
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Your form has been accepted. Lance was actually quite easy to beat for me due to the fact that I spammed my Feraligatr's Ice Fang a bit extremely. But Iris's team seems a bit more balanced with more Pokemon that aren't Dragon type so you can't just sweep her team with one Pokemon.
Haha I always picked Typhlosion, so there wasn't exactly an Ice or Dragon type move I could use. ): I'm really really excited to play BW2 and take her on as champion!

Old August 26th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Yeah me too. Though her sprite looks very....interesting, to say the least. But yeah, Iris as a champ was a pleasant surprise since Alder didn't exactly live up to expectations...

Old August 26th, 2012 (11:34 AM).
allaurarenee
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Yeah me too. Though her sprite looks very....interesting, to say the least. But yeah, Iris as a champ was a pleasant surprise since Alder didn't exactly live up to expectations...
I agree with what you're saying about her sprite, I think it's too detailed. Maybe it's just her overall redesign that I don't like, not sure. But the animation is really, I'm not sure how to explain it, just something's off about it that bothers me. (:

And I liked Alder, I liked how he was a pretty big part in the game, but I'm really happy with Iris being champ. (: I mean, in the first game she's a child prodigy who is a gym leader at the age of 10, and in BW2 she's champion by the age of 12. What could be more inspirational? :3

Old August 26th, 2012 (11:38 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

I was mostly talking about the animation. It looks like she's constapated a little bit.

See?

Old August 26th, 2012 (11:44 AM).
allaurarenee
Beginning Trainer

HAHAHA xD yess. I see that. Oh my goodness that's funny. (:

Old August 29th, 2012 (04:14 PM).
<Challenger>
Stay Dandy, baby.

"BRING ME MY LAXATIVES!" I can hear her shouting it out to the 'honorable' E4! XD
Old September 17th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I was mostly talking about the animation. It looks like she's constapated a little bit.

See?
... Ahahahahahhahahahhhahahaha, hahahahaha, omg, hhahahahaa, lmao, omg, hahahaha.

... Pahahahaha. xDDD

*ahem* Yeah, I have to agree with you there lmao. Maybe the stress of being the new champion is too much for her? xD Omg, how could they not have seen that whilst making the sprite lmao.

So what's Iris's champion team like anyway? I haven't see it yet but I'm betting it'll be good! Is it mainly dragons? o3o

Edit: Omg lol that sprite
Old September 17th, 2012 (01:00 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

...xDDDD

I have no idea how you reached this kind of discussion, but my god it's hilarious. It'd certainly be an awkward situation for her, but I guess as a good champion she shouldn't turn a challenge? xD Either way, I guess it's just an outburst of excitement for the battle she's showing, though I'd laugh if the people working on the sprites really didn't notice that xp

I remember watching the battle at one point, but I don't actually remember the team. I suppose she has at least Haxorus and possibly Dragonite, however it's not certain since that was exclusive to her character in the anime.
Old September 17th, 2012 (04:28 PM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Its half dragons I think. The others include Aggron and Lapras, forget what the final Pokemon is.

Old September 29th, 2012 (05:28 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
~Club closed due to owner's request so it can be remade by someone new in the future.

Sponsored Links