The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
STICKERS! I'd probably end up saving them, and barely using them. :[ Just because they would be too good to use!

To be honest if we were to get more than figurines, I'd like a poster with it. Didn't have to be to promote the upcoming movie, but a poster that promotes the actual games would be nice.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Forever
let it go

Well if there's a poster, I think that'd be a good incentive, but only if like, it's holographic on the side of the game you have? Like, if it's of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem and depending on what game you pre-ordered, it's... holographic on that side. :3
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I'd rather stickers to come with the preorder if anything was to be added with a figurine. A poster wouldn't be that bad, really, maybe with like, the protagonists and the rival on it with all of the Pokemon revealed so far on it, much like the artwork in Coro Coro Magazine.
I'm most anxious about when other places will start allowing preorders to be made.
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:07 AM
PokeFreak201306
Pokemon Master

Send a message via Skype™ to PokeFreak201306
Im for sure gonna preorder Black 2 once it get avaiable in a Gamestop near me or something like that, if i have a job by then i might preorder Both :D
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Katniss Everdeen
Just another tribute.

Nature: Serious
I was going to order the Japanese versions just to have them, but I think we'll be pre-ordering the English versions instead. [Black 2 for me & White 2 for my hubby since I got White the first time. ♥] I know there will be guides I could use and everything, but I'd rather be able to understand what I'm doing/reading like most people in this thread. x3

PhasePrimdeviantArtPeetaTrade Thread
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Like most people here, I will not pre-order a Japanese version of B2/W2. I'll probably browse online for the new features, Gym Leaders, characters and any other additions that just couldn't wait, but I won't play the game. It's not because I wouldn't understand it, I just like these games in English more. That being said, I won't be pre-ordering an English version either. I don't have any means of pre-ordering at the moment.

I would love a poster or a figurine from the pre-order, sure, but that doesn't change anything. I'm still going to be broke and unhappy.

Besides, I can wait. I'll earn money, then I'll buy them.
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I'm going to wait till about 1-2 months before the release date to secure my copy of B2/W2. Same as what I did when I pre-ordered White last year. I have no plans to pre-order the Japanese version.
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM
JJAttacker
None Shall Pass

Nature: Adamant
Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone has bought either of the two. I'm thinking of buying one of them in Japanese and just wondering if anyone else had.
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Nope. I think they come out next month in english though, unless they pushed it back. I'll be buying them then for sure lol
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:06 PM
JJAttacker
None Shall Pass

Nature: Adamant
It says on Play Asia that it comes out in Japan next month and October for the US. I'm still gonna get the English version, just thinking of getting it early even if it's in Japanese lol.
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Charlie Brown
twisted logic

Nature: Sassy
It comes out mid to late June in Japan and sometime in the Northern Hemisphere Autumn in English. A release date for the US, Australia, Europe, etc hasn't been confirmed yet.

We're a small (but growing!) Pokemon forum with a tightknit community. Click here to check us out!
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
It comes out mid to late June in Japan and sometime in the Northern Hemisphere Autumn in English. A release date for the US, Australia, Europe, etc hasn't been confirmed yet.
Well, it's coming this autumn in US, Europe and this Spring in Australia. The release date is going to be in October-November 2012, so I really don't know where did you get your information...

also, I preordered japanese b2

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

I will buy it in October-November 2012 in English from a shop
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Kelranox
Beginning Trainer

Dunno why I'd forego purchasing it. I'm quite curious as to what the storyline will be, as compared to B/W. I'm -hoping- that you'll be allowed the opportunity to retake control from your character in B/W as opposed to using a new character...because it will basically be like playing B/W all over again if that route is taken. Hoping Gamefreak stay true to the idea of a 'sequel'.

I made that mouse thing up there. Also, I sometimes get the girl.
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I will get it when the English versions come out. I am not that 'hyped' for the new versions, so will just wait.
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Charlie Brown
twisted logic

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post

Well, it's coming this autumn in US, Europe and this Spring in Australia. The release date is going to be in October-November 2012, so I really don't know where did you get your information...
that's exactly what I said, lol? I said that it's coming sometime in the northern hemisphere autumn in the English language (ie autumn in the us, Europe) and thus at the same time for Australia (ie Australia's Spring). Though an actual date has not been confirmed, nor has a month, so although it is likely it will be released in October or November in English, this is not confirmed by any means so you can't really go around claiming it as fact like that ._.

We're a small (but growing!) Pokemon forum with a tightknit community. Click here to check us out!
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
My biggest surprise is at how The Pokémon Company is insistent on unifying the release dates.

Nintendo itself doesn't seem to give a damn.

But given HG/SS's trend, I wouldn't be surprised if the games see a simultaneous worldwide release. Australia would probably see it a few days after every other Western country does.

Incidentally, EB Games and GameStop have had them open for preorders for a while now.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I don't preorder, because I won a preorder on another Pokémon forum I frequent. English versions, that is. Speaking of the release dates, it's probably only a good thing, no?
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm sure they wont sell out in stores nearby, some might but rather than Pre-Order I'll wait till an English release date and go in a few days before and try and reserve one like I did with White last year.

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

the gamestop in my area always sells out of pokemon games, you either have to go there sometime early after it opens or preorder, so i started preordering with HG/SS, i hope we get something for preordering!

I never get games in Japanese, but my friend does because Japanese is his second language lol

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM
jackalmf
Beginning Trainer

I pre-ordered both today so I can speed through and start breeding/working on new stuff for my pokemon team as soon as possible. I've been getting really into breeding decent pokes and then ev training them lately . Saves problems of having to trade for access to Landorus's and Tornadus etcs new formes.

I'll definitely be looking for trade/breeding partners for the Japanese games when they are first released if anyone is interested?
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I highly doubt that BW2 will run out on opening day in the UK. I'd put money on it, in fact. Not a lot... but I'd definitely put money on it. Because of this, I'm probably not going to pre-order the game; it's a very rare occasion when I pre-order anything, and since I'm probably not even going to get these straight away, there's no real need for me to pre-order now. I'm happy to wait even if the freak occurrence of a sell-out actually happens.
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:57 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
I personally will not be pre-ordering these. For me, there would no point in performing this action. I've yet to complete Black & White 1, so pre-ordering would just be me taking away from those whom are truly excited for their release. Plus, I doubt these games will sell out.
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
MrsNorrington
Lady Loki

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
I preordered it. All the hate on importing is so annoying. It's not dumb to import. As for me it's dumb not to because by the time the English game comes out, I would have seen every single spoiler online. I'm always online so I can't avoid it. It's not worth it to me to have the entire game spoiled by the time I get the game. So I need to import. These aren't the days of Red, yellow and Blue, where I was 7 yrs old and didn't have a computer.

Anyways, for anyone that did pre-order and import the first game, how long did it take to arrive? The release date was Sept 17th, how close to the release date did yours arrive?

FC: 1977-0654-1609
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links