The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 15th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless

Advertise here
Some of us like modding our games. By doing so, we could change almost anything, whether it be characters, weapons, locations, you name it! So, tell us--have you ever modded any video games? If so, which? What does this particular mod do? How long did it take for you to actually have it implemented?
Old March 15th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Euphoric
Indefatigable

Nature: Modest
I haven't modded much, sadly, I love the customization opportunities. Probably the extent of my capabilities was going into Civ 4's XML and changing up city names and leaders' traits.
Old March 15th, 2014, 09:34 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
I haven't modded in quite awhile. Last thing I was messing around with was probably San Andreas, adding Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 models to it(x

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
I already had GTA 4 and Skyrim for my PS3 but I still got them for PC just to get mods. I probably have over 20 mods installed for Skyrim (none of them are texture packs) and just the one installed for GTA 4.

For Skyrim I can't really remember the name of every mod, but I have a couple of weapon packs, a companion mod, one that adds hypothermia and weather and other realism mods.

For GTA 4 I only got a zombie mod called Left 4 Liberty.

I have bought Operation Arrowhead for ArmA 2, which is needed for DayZ to work but unfortunately I haven't installed it yet through Steam.
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I messed around a lot with Tiberian Sun when I was 12-13 years old. I mostly edited the strength and costs of units aswell as changing team colors. The same went for Red Alert 2 but it was slightly more difficult as you cannot change the names properly without getting a huge bunch of text.

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Scandalice
i quit

Once I tried a Tron-based mod for Team Fortress 2. It looked cool, but I uninstalled it in the end. All I use now is a custom HUD.
Old March 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
While I have not made any game mods myself, there are some that interest me. For example, in the Half Life series there are mods that have replaced Alyx Vance with any of the following: Zero Suit Samus, Princess Zelda, Hatsune Miku, and Renamon. One KotOR mod that interests me is The Sith Lords Content Restored Mod. As for Skyrim mods, one mod that interest me is the Call of Madness mod. The mod includes a new Shout whose words are Random, Insanity, and Cheese! It also includes several items in a chest that is labeled Sheogorath's Fun Chest of Fun.
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
As for me, only game I have ever modded is Minecraft. I'm not that much of an expert when it comes to this, so... yeah. xD" Aside from that, there's nothing else. Grand Theft Auto would come close, though. I would use cheat codes every now and then to spawn weapon, vehicles, and change character model. This isn't exactly modding, but, you know.
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Mirari

I used to LOVE modding Guitar Hero around, not only changing songs but trying to change anything I could xD Texts, models, stages, colors... I started on GH2 and then moved to GH3, first using random songs, then using in-game songs not playable on PS2 (as in 360's exclusives, DLC, gameshark-only and etc.). It was fun, but eventually I got tired of burning so many discs and not having much luck ;_; Most of my games were "incomplete", buggy or even corrupted all of a sudden :c
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Lord Scalgon
What title?

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Lord Scalgon
Skyrim, I guess. Notably the Thomas the Tank Engine mod for the lulz...and some other random mods I threw in for the hell of it.

YouTube (mostly uploads of bullet hell shmups) || Extreme Perplexity - Dodging Hell (demo game created by me)
[may need voice actors for my puzzle game...VM me if interested]
Old March 17th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Goo
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Goo
I've never modded because I'm lazy but I've always been impressed at some of the mods people can create. I helped a friend test a mod for the Myth series (Bungie) when I was younger and I found that fun. I got to try it before anyone else in the community.

Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.
Paired with Wiilio
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here