The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
A Pixy
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
That new Heavy mini gun is dumb and overpowered on Payload. Heavies just hug the cart and you can't get near it. The new sapper was good, then they nerfed it one day later. The new Pyro weapon is right up there with the Razorback and the Cow Mangler in the 'Worst Weapon in the Game' competition. The new Scout thing is hella fun to use if you can aim your Sandman.
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Nature: Timid
It sounds to me like the only good weapon implemented from this update was the Flying Guillotine. That explains why Pen asked me for some Mad Milk. :3 I'm still sorry that I didn't have any. ._.

Anyway, I decided to upload a replay that I saved a few days ago, a 15-second one-on-one with a friend of mine on Viaduct. Check it out here, if you'd like.

Last edited by Taro Tanaka; August 9th, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
well, I think that the new sapper was a bit overpowered. you'd always win against an engineer in a sapper duel. it is interesting though, even after nerfing. that Guillotine for the Scout is a great idea, specially with the sandman. though it does feel a tad unfair taking a chunkload of damage at long range from a scout plus bleedout. feels like he's interfering with sniper territory. that aside, whoever thought the Pyro sign was a good idea didn't balance it correctly. it isn't even supposed to have the attack penalty and should get an attack up, since it can't even touch Puff and Stinging.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Guys...something big is going on in the world of Tf2...

So, we already know of the secret robot pictures in Foundry and Doomsday, right?

And some of us know of the "Tobor" texture. It has been in the game for quite a while now...

And now, Valve recently added THIS image to the game...ROBOT HEADS OF THE CLASSES!

To add to this, while looking at the old promo for the Engineer update a while back, people noticed, around 0:08 of the video, you can see a Robot Demoman head. Meaning that they have been planning for this YEARS ahead of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5tM-eW1vDU

And finally, if you click on the blood splatter at the top left corner of the website...

The third son of Mann...Gray.

Cloud GRAY be the man thats shredded up?

And finally finally, if you pay attention to some of the maps...you can see a logo for a company...

MIND! BLOOOOWNNNN!

And just as icing on the cake, here are pictures of these Tank-Like things that mysteriously appeared in 2fort, Doublecross, and Granary.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...2ED4FCDBE88D3/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...786BE7F383990/

http://i.imgur.com/kTzJc.jpg

Some people also compiled the tanks to their actual size, and some reports from people who claim they clipped through the map to see it, say its huge! As you see in the picture, its almost as big as a map. Its so big, you could probably fight in it.

So wait, the two known brothers of mann started companies named after the colours "Red" and "Blue". There was a third brother who also started a company named after his name, "Gray". He must have created the tanks, and possibly the robots. So all that must mean...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! And I just wasted my time...
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmette View Post
To add to this, while looking at the old promo for the Engineer update a while back, people noticed, around 0:08 of the video, you can see a Robot Demoman head. Meaning that they have been planning for this YEARS ahead of time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5tM-eW1vDU
Actually, that's a Heavy's head, pretty easy to tell. But 2 Demo heads can be seen seconds later in the background.

If I had to speculate myself, I'd say that this supposed Mann vs. Machine update will be the new Halloween event this year. Releasing it soon before Halloween would make this year look like it was an amazing year for Valve. But that's just my guess.
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

that's some mad stuff they have for the third class. and half of me wonders if GRY might be playable eventually. Three classes would be interesting, but I'm scared how broken the robot snipers might be ;A;

also, this is on the second bloodstain.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannwill/

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H29s...re=context-gfa

I don't wanna explain it all...so here is a video. srslygaizthisisgonnabeawesome
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

So Gray Mann decided to build all of this to destroy Mann Co. and everyone in it?

Gentlemen....we're ****ed.

EDIT: I checked the Valve store right after the trailer was released. They put up a new accessory, but quickly took it down. And I've gotta admit, I want it badly. I couldn't retrieve the actual image or the link, but a quick search gave me the exact same thing they're selling, and it's only 25 bucks:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Taro Tanaka; August 13th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

Ohh, you beat me to the punch.

Well, heres one last thing I found.

http://medicluigi.tumblr.com/post/29...eavy-and-scout

Notice how the Spy, Heavy and Scout are all looking at the Engineer? Those are the 3 classes that were in the Secret Rooms in Foundry and Doomsday. They are all staring at the only man who could have created the Robots. And the Robot Heads in the Engie Tease video help too.

And the tanks that mysteriously appeared are Blue, so they can't be owned by Gray. The Blu Engie, perhaps?

So...could the Blue Engineer be the one who made the Robots?
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

It's a possibility considering in the comics:
Spoiler:
I feel that this is a spoiler, the BLU engineer is rumoured to have built a third life-extender machine for the third son. Which is very likely.
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

I was about to disagree and consider that Gray had the life-extending machine build by Radigan and the robots built by himself, but then I remembered this little number from the Engineer Update:

Spoiler:

But something that still irks me the wrong way is that the robot heads found in the game files, and in the Engineer Update teaser, don't actually match Gray's robots. My prime example being the Pyro. Look closely and you can tell that one's a simple reskin of its head, whyile Gray's design is far more detailed than that.
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
double trouble!
Psyduck

The music is so catchy.
I'm going to try it out now.
Edit: Long queue :/ no time for it
Got to play today, but my game crashed :/

Last edited by double trouble!; August 17th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old August 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Well, the second Saxxy Awards were announced a bit back. I was thinking of trying to work on a project solo, but SFM is too laggy on my computer to actually get any work done. I hope I can assemble a team to work on something together. XD;;;;;
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tanaka View Post
Well, the second Saxxy Awards were announced a bit back. I was thinking of trying to work on a project solo, but SFM is too laggy on my computer to actually get any work done. I hope I can assemble a team to work on something together. XD;;;;;
I could help, once I get enough SFM practice.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
I could help, once I get enough SFM practice.
Wonderful! I'll link you to my Steam Profile so we could keep in touch on the project. But to be honest, having you as the only animator might put you in some stress, so if we don't get a second person and you feel we come down hard on you, just let us know.

Also, if anyone has any ideas or items of interest to contribute, don't hesitate to ask me for an invite. I want this to be a group effort so we could all win Saxxies. X3
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
A Pixy
Skipping over water.

Nature: Bashful
SFM is really good for loadout posters.

Spoiler:
Not that I made that picture.
Though, that is my loadout.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
So I bought myself a RoBro for my birthday. Weeeee!

On the downside, I just unboxed a Strange Sandman, when I was kind of hoping for a Scattergun or hat. :/
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Man, I'm loving my Pocket Purrer! makes me feel like a daddy in Pyrovision. >:3
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tanaka View Post
Man, I'm loving my Pocket Purrer! makes me feel like a daddy in Pyrovision. >:3
I picked up one the other day. I was hoping to unbox the Scout's Track jacket (whatever it's called), but the purrer should get some exposure when I play Battle Engie.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

this page needs some more life! anyone excited for the Saxxys?

Old November 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
BrainWave
A new idea sprouts

Man, I haven't played tf2 for a long time. Do you guys usually play together?
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Well I play TF2 practically everyday. I joined the PokeCommunity group on TF2, but I never actually played a game with them
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Man, playing MvM is awesome. But the only thing I hate is receiving items that I have no actual use for. So, with that said:

Trading away a Silver Botkiller Stickybomb Launcher Mk. II (plus a Dueling Mini-game as a sweet) for a different Silver Botkiller Mk. II. So long as it isn't a Demo one, I'm fine.
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Elephantomsk
Unhatched Egg

Spy is best class. Every other class is overpowered.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:47 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I like medic a lot, it's my favorite. I like pocket healing my friend who plays as a soldier or demoman. We're also practically indestructible when we go medic train
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links