The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:12 AM
thatdudewiththepokeballs
Beginning Trainer

Hey trainers,

So, my team as of now looks like this:

Togekiss - lv 89
Scizor - lv 55
Dragonite - 71
Infernape - lv 100
Gyarados - lv 70
Lucario - lv 86

I love my Lucario, but at this point I feel like it's getting glossed over in my team. Since my Togekiss already knows Aura Sphere, and my Infernape will punch the heck out of stuff with close combat, the fighting spectrum is pretty much covered. Lucario also knows Aura Sphere, by by Gyarados's Bite is getting to be stronger.

Looking at the types of pokemon on my team, does anyone have a good idea for what Pokemon would fill that 6th slot?
I've been thinking maybe my Meganium... or Gengar.... or Jolteon.
Ideas?
Thanks.
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM
2RandomStudios
Angry Jigglypuff

Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to figure out what Pokemon to fill the last of my team with (Note that I just reached Nimbasa City, White Version).

My current team is as follows:
Dewott - lvl 24
Tranquill - lvl 21
Darumaka - lvl 21
Blitzle - lvl 21
Timburr - lvl 21
Sandile - lvl 20

As for my preferences, I like my Pokemon to hit hard, but be sturdy.

Now for my questions, which of the following Pokemon are better? Please do not base your reasoning on looks or feelings. Hard facts only please.

Gigalith, Krookodile, or Excadrill? (In place of Sandile)

Conkeldurr, Machamp, or Throh? (In place of Timburr)

Zebstrika or Elektross? (In place of Blitzle)

Archeops, Braviary, Sigilyph, or Unfezant? (In place of Tranquill)

Please reply with your vote!
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RandomStudios View Post
Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to figure out what Pokemon to fill the last of my team with (Note that I just reached Nimbasa City, White Version).

My current team is as follows:
Dewott - lvl 24
Tranquill - lvl 21
Darumaka - lvl 21
Blitzle - lvl 21
Timburr - lvl 21
Sandile - lvl 20

As for my preferences, I like my Pokemon to hit hard, but be sturdy.

Now for my questions, which of the following Pokemon are better? Please do not base your reasoning on looks or feelings. Hard facts only please.

Gigalith, Krookodile, or Excadrill? (In place of Sandile) They're all great pokemon, really. I would check out Bulbapedia to compare their move sets, but you can't go wrong with any one em! Excadrill is a beast, but gigalith has Sturdy.

Conkeldurr, Machamp, or Throh? (In place of Timburr)
Once again tough call. It kinda comes down to preference, and moves.

Zebstrika or Elektross? (In place of Blitzle)
Elektross is a much better pokemon, however it's a little on the slow side, and pretty tough to level up it's first form.

Archeops, Braviary, Sigilyph, or Unfezant? (In place of Tranquill)
Another tough one. I would take out Unfezant. Not a bad pokemon, but doesn't stack up to the rest, imo. I would Braviary is a great pokemon, However, I can see that you're missing a psychic type so I would go with Sigalyph.

Please reply with your vote!
There ya go. Read the red. The B/W league isn't too tough, just make sure your levels up are there. Be sure to make use of the Lucky Egg when you get it!!
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM
2RandomStudios
Angry Jigglypuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
There ya go. Read the red. The B/W league isn't too tough, just make sure your levels up are there. Be sure to make use of the Lucky Egg when you get it!!
Well unless someone else replies, I think I've made up my mind.

I'll go with Krookodile as I have heard it can beast the e4, and online. Conkeldurr, because it seems to have a tad better stats and moves than the others. Elektross, because of its apparently beastly stats compared to Zebstrika. And finally I'll use Sigilyph because it fills a type I'm missing, seems to have pretty good stats, because Braviary is much later in the game, and finally because Archeops is a bit of a glass cannon.

Thanks for your help!

Well I'm back with some more decisions to make.

Which Pokemon would be better for my sixth slot?
1. Samurott
2. Sigilyph
3. Conkeldurr
4. Excadrill
5. Darmanitan
6. Elektross, Galvantula, Escalavier, or Ferrothorn?

Last edited by Black Mage; April 24th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
KLuning
Trainer

ok here is my competitive team for pokemon white. please rate and make adjustments as needed

garchomp- jolly nature fully ev trained for atk and spd

hydreigon- modest fully ev trained for satk and spd

lucario- modest fully ev trained for satk and spd

jolteon- modest fully ev trained for satk and sp

aerodactyl naughty fully ev trained for atk and spd

alakazam/scizor/infernape i need a 6th team member
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Black Mage
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RandomStudios View Post
Well unless someone else replies, I think I've made up my mind.

I'll go with Krookodile as I have heard it can beast the e4, and online. Conkeldurr, because it seems to have a tad better stats and moves than the others. Elektross, because of its apparently beastly stats compared to Zebstrika. And finally I'll use Sigilyph because it fills a type I'm missing, seems to have pretty good stats, because Braviary is much later in the game, and finally because Archeops is a bit of a glass cannon.

Thanks for your help!

Well I'm back with some more decisions to make.

Which Pokemon would be better for my sixth slot?
1. Samurott
2. Sigilyph
3. Conkeldurr
4. Excadrill
5. Darmanitan
6. Elektross, Galvantula, Escalavier, or Ferrothorn?
Ferrothorn is a solid choice on any team with its many resistances, gargantuan defenses and decent attack stat. Escavalier has a massive attack and great defenses. Its movepool is lacking though and its one of the slowest Pokemon in the game. Galvantula is a speedy mofo with a good ability (Compoundeyes) and a good movepool. And Eelektross has no weaknesses thanks to its ability and an awesome movepool. Of the four I'd go with Eelektross. It's difficult to obtain but it wrecked everything in its path when I used it!

Also don't double post! n_n
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM
2RandomStudios
Angry Jigglypuff

I'm almost done with the main story (white version), and I have 8 good Pokemon, but I'm not sure which 6 to use.

- Samurott (might switch to Jellicent)
- Conkeldurr
- Sigilyph
- Excadrill
- Ferrothorn
- Eelektross
- Chandelure (also have a Darmanitan, but I'm having such a hard time deciding)
- Haxorus

Which 6 of these would make the best team?
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Vsjester13
Former battler

Nature: Naive
Out of the team you have i suggest something like this since your most likely up to the E4 so heres a good idea of a team you could use.

Sigilyph is a great choice since it's duel typing comes in handly when facing Marshal but if you want a better chance at taking him on and the other E4 members then you should go with Chandelure since it can take on the ghost and Psychic E4 members.

Haxorus is a great choice against both the E4 and N thanks to the fact that it can have a great moveset so i highly suggest using him.

Excadrill is very great against N and maybe the dark type member of the E4.

Eelektross can be handly against N and Catelin if it has a good moveset.

Ferrothron Makes a great pokemon to use since not many of the E4 can deal with it and with a good moveset can beat most of there teams.

Other then that i can't really tell which one out of the last few choice have for you to use since i myself have never used Conkeldurr and i don't really find Samurott to be that great so i suggest Conkeldurr to be your last team member since the Dark type user is easy when using any fighting type
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM
2RandomStudios
Angry Jigglypuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsjester13 View Post
Out of the team you have i suggest something like this since your most likely up to the E4 so heres a good idea of a team you could use.

Sigilyph is a great choice since it's duel typing comes in handly when facing Marshal but if you want a better chance at taking him on and the other E4 members then you should go with Chandelure since it can take on the ghost and Psychic E4 members.

Haxorus is a great choice against both the E4 and N thanks to the fact that it can have a great moveset so i highly suggest using him.

Excadrill is very great against N and maybe the dark type member of the E4.

Eelektross can be handly against N and Catelin if it has a good moveset.

Ferrothron Makes a great pokemon to use since not many of the E4 can deal with it and with a good moveset can beat most of there teams.

Other then that i can't really tell which one out of the last few choice have for you to use since i myself have never used Conkeldurr and i don't really find Samurott to be that great so i suggest Conkeldurr to be your last team member since the Dark type user is easy when using any fighting type
I'll probably go with your suggestions for my competitive team, but use Sigilyph and Jellicent as members only when I need those types.
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Vsjester13
Former battler

Nature: Naive
So yeah i recently brought the White version of pokemon and i got up to ChargeStone Cave and really can't pick what pokemon i should keep or add to my team and which ones should i get rid of so heres the team.

Emboar.
Simisage
Ferroseed (New Catch)
Crustle
Vanillite
Duosion
Throh
Cofagrigus
Archen

And thats it please help me choice which Pokemon to use.
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsjester13 View Post
So yeah i recently brought the White version of pokemon and i got up to ChargeStone Cave and really can't pick what pokemon i should keep or add to my team and which ones should i get rid of so heres the team.

Emboar.
Simisage
Ferroseed (New Catch)
Crustle
Vanillite
Duosion
Throh
Cofagrigus
Archen

And thats it please help me choice which Pokemon to use.
Well it kinda depends what you want. Generally fighting types are useful in Unova, so I'd keep Emboar. Since it's weak to water maybe Ferroseed to help out that water weakness, Cofagrigus to help out the ghost weakness and basically Ferro's steel covers Cofagrigus' dark weakness. As for the others I'd just go for your favourites or things in general, as extra coverage, Crustle for bug/rock coverage, Duosion for psychic coverage and Vanillite for ice coverage.

However you could go with Throh > Emboar, then swap Ferro for Simisage though you'd have a few more things to worry about weakness-wise.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:38 PM
THoffz
Beginning Trainer

I'm not worried about movepools yet, as I'm still only ~ level 20 and in the process of trying to catch the rest of my team. Here is my desired team composition:

Ninetales- For decent special damage and type coverage, via extrasensory. One of my favorite Pokemon.

Nidoking- Type coverage, my jack of all trades. His movepoop will reflect my weaknesses.

Heracross- My physical sweeper... Enough said. I love this guy, but he seems to train much slower than everyone else so far. :\

Gengar- I haven't caught my ghastly yet, but I will. I want him for my Special sweeper. I couldn't decide between him or Alakazham... Figured this guy would be better off due to movepool and resists?

From here, at first I was considering going Feraligator / Pidgeotto... But the more I think on it the more I consider replacing both for a Gyarados and maybe grabbing an Ampheros, or a tanky grass to add to the mix. Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

OK this before elite four!!(2nd round)
Pikahcu lv 80
Venasuar lv 80
metagross lv 80 (traded)
Parasect lv 80
Umbreon lv 80
Mew lv 80 Event Plz rate good bad suckish

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
xdom
Jaguar Skills

Nature: Hardy
i wondered if someone could trade me a wailord for one of my pokemon
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdom View Post
i wondered if someone could trade me a wailord for one of my pokemon
I'm sorry to tell you this but you have two Water-types.

Doubling up on types is a no-no. I recommend you keep Jellicent.

I don't personally recommend Cofagrigus cos of its low Speed and shallow movepool. A good Psychic-type like Reuniclus or Beheeyem can help you since they each get Electric attacks among their learnable TMs (Thunder and Thunderbolt respectively) and all both can learn Shadow Ball which can cover for a Ghost attack so Cofagrigus isn't even necessary.

Test Beheeyem and Reuniclus and then see which one you like best.

As for a good Flyer, try Archeops. Despite its ability it can hit hard and pull off a few 1HKO's thanks to its high offensive stats.

I was proud to have used Archeops myself and it never let me down despite my initial hate of its ability. That's why I am recommending it. It can also use Acrobatics which does massive damage if you aren't holding an item plus you can teach it Fly so it can fly you around.

Keep the others, they're alright.

And my work here is done...

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Last edited by Hikamaru; May 11th, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:21 AM
xdom
Jaguar Skills

Nature: Hardy
i think i'll drop jellicent and Cofagrigus and replace Cofagrigus with Sigilyph and zebraika for jellicent.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Mr155555

Nature: Adamant
Don't Use Zebstrika It's Really A Bad Pokemon and it Has Horrible Defences

Try Galvantula It's Bug/Electric Type That Can Be A Good Special Attacker

You Can Get It's Pre-Evolution Joltik in Chargestone Cave But Make Sure That Galvantula Has The Comboundeyes Abillity and You're Good to go
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM
mcflurry777
Beginning Trainer

So I have this battle against my friend which has a "no legendary pokemon rule" but we can have pseudos. My problem is I have 2 spots available in my team and I still don't have a pokemon that has a water move and a pokemon that has electric moves. I prefer these pokemon having a good special attack and speed since I already have metagross and salamence as my physical damage pokemon. I just need to 1-hit ko or atleast damage to red pokemon who are weak to electric and water moves in 1 turn.

My team is composed of metagross, salamence, scizor, and gengar.

Thanks!

I'm new here btw, call me Flurry.

(Please no harsh comments.)
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
If it's Gen V, you should try Choice Specs Rotom. While it won't be as fast as if it was scarfed, it can do massive damage on Volt Switches. Or you can just trick the Specs to one of your opponents physical attackers.

Since you appear to still have one more spot left, use Volcarona there. If you can get a Quiver Dance off, you should be able to take out any pesky steel types that might ruin your Slamence's sweep.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:53 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Looking an online battling Umbreon in white. Starting over. Need to know best natures and moves for it

Current Umbreon: Moves: Confuse ray, Moonlight, Shadow Ball, Psychic
Nature Quiet.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:41 PM
nikesonmyfeet
starmie.

Lanturn is both, and he can paralysis and confuse .
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Looking an online battling Umbreon in white. Starting over. Need to know best natures and moves for it

Current Umbreon: Moves: Confuse ray, Moonlight, Shadow Ball, Psychic
Nature Quiet.
Well Umbreon is there for supporting a team and from your other thread it sounds like you wanted a specially attacking one. :( So yeah, not the best Pokemon for that. However, due to Umbreon's great defenses, its terrible attacking stats don't matter as much. As mentioned, Careful is the best nature since your only attacking move is usually Payback due to the limitations of its movepool and such. As for the other attacks, wish - to be able to heal the other Pokemon, heal bell, to heal them/yourself, and protect or toxic, so that you can protect yourself while getting wishes, or toxic to stall out the opponent. :3
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM
SimenBoman
Beginning Trainer

My Pokemon Firered team need one more pokemon to be complete.
I Now have:

Jolteon (lv. 32)
Snorlax (lv. 32)
Hitmonlee (lv. 27)
Charizard (lv. 52)
Lapras (lv. 30)

i have no idea on what could be a good last pokemon. I have thought on using my moonstone to get nidoking, but i don't think it would be very smart since i have snorlax and hitmonlee.

Any suggestions?
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Are they useful or can be useful?
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Are they useful or can be useful?
By that you mean neutral ones like serious yeah? Well no they aren't useful and instead your stats aren't as great as they could be. Instead everything is decided by IVs and EV training if you choose to do so.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links