The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old June 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Nature: Relaxed
Hey Mateo, seeing all this stuff... I have only one word.

Excellent.
Old June 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
Glad you like it. And thanks again for all the help you've been giving me with these bug reports along the way.

Old June 19th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Glad you like it. And thanks again for all the help you've been giving me with these bug reports along the way.
No problem! Thank you for this game!

By the way, I'm actually interested in the whole Johto Legacy game history. Will we see the Halloween hack anytime soon?
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Hard to say, honestly. I don't have much of any real work done on it right now, but I have a lot of notes written down about things such as storyline, features, etc. I've been waiting until I finish this hack before I really get started on that one, though.

I figured if I tried to work on both of them at the same time, they would probably both end up buggy at best, and unfinished at worst because I tried to take on too much at once. So once I finish this one, there will probably be a thread for that one soon after.

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Ok, great! Keep me informed!
Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:58 AM
CrystalMarina

Nature: Quiet
So I was thinking about this today, and I started wondering: If there is a chance to be a boy or a girl now, does the one that you don't pick show up anywhere? I mean I know they aren't like your rival because that is Kris's job, but just wondering if the other one will be a part of the story too
Old July 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I was planning to have them at least show up, but they probably won't play a huge part in the storyline.

Old July 8th, 2013, 01:00 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

I found what appears to be an error, I am replaying the game, this time with a grass starter, the problem is no one can learn flame ball so I cannot continue, I did not notice last time cause I had a fire starter and used up all the coins to get Mew.
Is there a wild Pokemon before the ice block that can learn flame ball?

Old July 8th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

There should be wild Growlithe in the grass West of Violet City, and there are Vulpix in Union Cave.

Also, to make it a little less annoying, in this next release I will make it so the ice block stays gone once you melt it the way Sudowoodo did. The others will stay normal, but since that one blocks a major intersection it makes sense to have it stay gone I think. Unless people object to that change :p

Old July 21st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Hi Mateo... It's me. AtecainCorp. from Skeetendo. What with Rejishan plot?
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thought I would bump this post and add some new screenshots. Not quite sure when the release will be, since I keep finding things I want to tweak, but I'm hoping it'll be in a week or two. But I can't say for sure. Anyway, here are some new screenshots:

Oh you know, just a new area.

Whichever player you didn't chose in the intro will still be around and do things.

A little update to Elm's Lab.

Pocky and Rocky.

Well, it doesn't seem to be actively snowing and its sunny, so I guess it works.

An incense burner. Unlike the ones in houses, you can actually use these.

Also, I took the time the other day to update a tileset that I always felt was lacking, even though it isn't all that important you still see it used all over.

Sorry the pic is so large, its the same one I enlarged to post to the Facebook page.

I think it looks a lot better than the old ones:

Old July 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Yeah the new tileset is way better than the old one. Also I'm surprised to see that blue pokéball in elm's lab ( I wonder what it could be )

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Yeah the new tileset is way better than the old one. Also I'm surprised to see that blue pokéball in elm's lab ( I wonder what it could be )
That blue Pokéball was actually there in the 2012 version, it has Kris's Marill in it :p But there is something else new about the lab in that screenshot.

Also, I'll try to get a few more screenshots up soon.

Old July 25th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
That blue Pokéball was actually there in the 2012 version, it has Kris's Marill in it :p But there is something else new about the lab in that screenshot.

Also, I'll try to get a few more screenshots up soon.
Really ? I didn't quite remember it ( it's been a long time since i have played it )
Old July 25th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

It's cool :p It was added there to help explain where Kris's Marill came from, but nobody really talked about it or anything so it was easy to miss. (And for this version, I modified Elm's text a bit during that part so the he explains why you can't pick it.)

Also, a little something I was working on today:

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Also, a little something I was working on today:

A Red/Blue styled viridian gym ?! Great ! I remember that in G/S the spinning puzzles were missing.
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:25 AM
markcuyugan

Hi Mateo. When you will release the final version of Pokemon Christmas? I'm excited to play it again because I've played the 2012 version. And I think my last trip was battled Leaf in the Cerulean Cape and there's a huge rock that goes through Brick Town?
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Hey there markcuyugan. I don't for sure when it will be, but it will be soon. Probably in the next week or two, but I won't make any promises (you never know what you might run into in testing and have to fix, etc.) But it should be soon.

Also, yeah Leaf is the "Final Trainer" and you can't get to Brick Town. I do realize it was confusing though, as a lot of people ask how to get to Brick Town in this one. So I will make it more obvious that you don't go to Brick Town for the next release.

Old July 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Hey Mateo, nice screenshots! I will check this thread every day to see when the game is released!
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks Dr.James!

Also, I have a question for you guys. I've been thinking about making it so that Pokémon you receive in trades will always obey you. Do you guys like or dislike that idea?

The way I see it, the feature made sense on the real games. It was to keep you from cheating by having a friend trade you a level 100 Mewtwo at the start of the game so you could pwn everyone. But on emulators where its much more annoying to trade, all this feature really does is make it annoying to use the Pokémon you get in trades from NPCs. So I think it may as well go away personally.

Old August 1st, 2013, 03:13 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

yeah you should implement this " feature ". I remember playing gold and trading for an onyx in one of the first towns and training it to beat falkner. Then it didn't obey

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Yeah, the trade in Violet City is really one of the only ones this causes problems for since Azalea (I think) lets Pokémon up to Lv30 obey you and you don't usually have Lv30+ Pokémon when you fight Bugsy. But it looks to be simple enough to remove the checks entirely and just make everyone obey.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:28 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Just bumping this a little. Still working on it, don't have it ready for release yet (I know I said it'd probably be in a week or two, but it isn't yet) because I keep finding things to tweak. And recently I found a part of the story that I decided is still too much like Gold that I forgot to overhaul. So I'm going to be working on planning/fixing that up in the next few days. (Remember how in the 2012 version Mahogany Town's rocket event was almost identical to Gold? Yeah, just gonna completely redo that whole thing into something new the way I've already replaced the Lighthouse/Jasmine stuff with something new). So I'll keep you guys posted on updates as I make them.

-----------------------------

Also, I've decided to go ahead and announce what the "secret" involving Zigzagoon and Linoone is that I've been hinting at for a while:

Thanks to help from Miksy91, they have had the "Pickup" ability added to them, the way they did in Ruby and Sapphire. You might be like, "but wait, there weren't abilities in Gen II" And you would be right. We haven't taken the time to add all the other abilities in, that's a lot more work that we wanted to do. But since that was Zigzagoon and Linoone's main gimmick, I felt like they needed to keep that ability when I brought them to Gen II.

So in the new version, any Zigzagoons or Linoones you have in your party will have a chance of picking up an item after any battle is over. The list of items they can find is based more on Ruby and Sapphire than on Emerald (so its fun). I'll release the list of items that they can find when the release is out, but since it is similar to Ruby you know they can find things like Potions and Great Balls and such.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Quote:
Just bumping this a little. Still working on it, don't have it ready for release yet (I know I said it'd probably be in a week or two, but it isn't yet) because I keep finding things to tweak. And recently I found a part of the story that I decided is still too much like Gold that I forgot to overhaul. So I'm going to be working on planning/fixing that up in the next few days. (Remember how in the 2012 version Mahogany Town's rocket event was almost identical to Gold? Yeah, just gonna completely redo that whole thing into something new the way I've already replaced the Lighthouse/Jasmine stuff with something new). So I'll keep you guys posted on updates as I make them.

-----------------------------

Also, I've decided to go ahead and announce what the "secret" involving Zigzagoon and Linoone is that I've been hinting at for a while:

Thanks to help from Miksy91, they have had the "Pickup" ability added to them, the way they did in Ruby and Sapphire. You might be like, "but wait, there weren't abilities in Gen II" And you would be right. We haven't taken the time to add all the other abilities in, that's a lot more work that we wanted to do. But since that was Zigzagoon and Linoone's main gimmick, I felt like they needed to keep that ability when I brought them to Gen II.

So in the new version, any Zigzagoons or Linoones you have in your party will have a chance of picking up an item after any battle is over. The list of items they can find is based more on Ruby and Sapphire than on Emerald (so its fun). I'll release the list of items that they can find when the release is out, but since it is similar to Ruby you know they can find things like Potions and Great Balls and such.
Just figured a new, neat idea related to this which would however, require a bit of additional coding :D
I think you'll like the idea (but perhaps, not implementing it).

I don't think it works like this in gen III, but wouldn't it be nice if the items they found were somewhat based on the level of the zigzagoon/linoone? Okay, it wouldn't be a bad thing if you found stuff such as Super Potions or Great Balls in the beginning of the game, but they could be made to find more useful stuff at higher levels which would be irrelevant to be able to be received in early game.

For example, expand that "item table" you've got there to have more items in it and remove the possibility of getting the rarest items (in other words, the items/values at the end of the table) at lower levels. This could be done simply with a couple of level checks and for example, if the level would be higher than 30, use one add instruction to "double" the value of register a (for loading the value from table in position hl + a). If the level would be higher than lv50, perhaps use two add instructions for making it possible to get items at even closer to the end of the table.

Not sure if you catch the idea since I'm bad at explaining it in these kind of terms, and in english too.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I think that in some of the games (I forget if it was this way in Gen III or if they added this later) it is based on level, and has different tables that it loads from based on level.

I also had another idea recently that involved multiple tables, but was based on where you were instead of what level Zigzagoon was. I'll discuss it with you outside the thread though!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links