The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old August 5th, 2013 (01:47 AM).
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Although it's not really of relevance but if you change boxes then catch Pokemon the pokemon will disappear and not be in the box. Any way to fix it or nah?

Great hack also!
Old August 5th, 2013 (06:20 AM). Edited August 5th, 2013 by Mateo.
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
I can't say that I've ever seen that happen...

EDIT: I just tested this and can't replicate your problem at all. Changing boxes and catching Pokemon works fine. Can you be more specific as to what happened?

Old August 7th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
CrystalMarina

Nature: Quiet
This looking so neat! And that's so cool that you guys were able to add an ability in Gold! I didn't think that was possible :o

Umm also maybe I missed this not sure but will any events be different between the boy and the girl? Or just the other player when he shows up? Either way is fine just wondering
Old August 8th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks! And yep, I thought it was neat that we pulled that off. To answer your question though, it won't be super different if you play as the boy or the girl. Some NPCs will say different things based on which gender you are, and a few other little things but the story will be the same for both players.

Old August 8th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
CrystalMarina

Ok! It would be neat if more was different, but i guess its okay because then we won't miss anything.
Old August 8th, 2013 (08:40 AM).
Darkrai666
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
Suggestion:
You should make the hack star Articuno
And Add the walrein Family too

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 8th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I guess that would make sense, but I already have the way you catch Articuno done (Part of the Legend Festival on South Isle). But at the same time, I feel like Delibird and Stantler both make more sense, what with Delibird being the one that delivers Christmas presents and with Stantler being a Reindeer.

Old August 9th, 2013 (10:30 AM).
CrystalMarina

If you wanted to you could still make Articuno do things before the festival, since that doesn't happen until after you go to Kanto
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:25 PM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I guess its possible. I'm already redoing larger things so adding in smaller things (comparatively) like Articuno-related events might work. What sort of things were you guys hoping to have going on involving Articuno? I don't guarantee I'll add all of them but if you suggest some things I might go ahead and add them while I'm working on the other thigns.

Old August 9th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Biblioteca13

First working HACK ROM from Silver/Gold i see
Old August 9th, 2013 (11:53 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblioteca13 View Post
First working HACK ROM from Silver/Gold i see
It seems you haven't heard of miksy's hack...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 13th, 2013 (10:34 PM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I've been working on scripts lately, and also I went in and updated another tileset:

I actually did that the other day, but I just realized I never posted it here, only on RHO and Facebook.

Also, after thinking about the response I got on Facebook to that and the other revamped graphic screens I've posted, I've posed a question. Would you guys prefer that I:

- Release it when events are done, same graphic look it had for the last release
- Release it in December when it makes sense, and update the rest of the maps and graphics to look nicer.

So far on the Facebook page the vote has been unanimous for Christmas Release + New Graphics. But I thought I would post it here too to let more people vote and know what was going on.

Old August 14th, 2013 (12:39 AM).
markcuyugan

I want you to release it on Christmas Day, December 25, 2013 as a gift hack to us!
Old August 16th, 2013 (12:56 AM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Well, obviously you're the only one to reply here but everyone that has replied so far (everywhere) has voted for waiting until Christmas + Updated maps/graphics. So I'm going to do that one then. I'll post updates as I have them, and expect a release in December.

Old August 16th, 2013 (09:35 PM).
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Well ... all I have to say is that I missed the poll I was away for holiday. I really like the idea of the new version so go ahead. The only thing is that we'll wait more time but It will be better that way. I'll be waiting for further updates
Old August 16th, 2013 (10:49 PM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

In all honesty a Christmas release always made more sense I guess. I've tried to not just make this a gimmick hack, to be one that you can enjoy any time of year, but it is still a holiday theme and makes more sense to be released then.

But don't worry, I won't just disappear until the holidays, I'll be working on it and posting updates as I go. And I can't remember if I posted this before or not, but I'm going to include the new routes that Heart Gold added. I was already thinking about it, since I still have some unused maps that could easily be used for them, and I already added the Cliff Cave in the last version even though it didn't let you go anywhere. Since I'm going to be updating maps and graphics anyway I may as well add them in while I'm at it. I don't know if I'll be able to make the Safari Zone work or not, but there will be a point in going to the new routes, they won't just be random empty areas or something stupid like that :p

I'm also going to remove Mew as a Game Corner prize (he seriously never made sense as a prize. Since he is supposed to be super rare, what was he doing as a coin exchange prize?) so he will now be an event Pokemon in the new version, and it won't be on Faraway Island like he was in Fire Red and Emerald -- he will be somewhere in Johto (but I won't say where yet).

Anyway, like I say I'll post more updates as I have them.

Old August 17th, 2013 (10:05 AM).
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
Faraway Island was never in FR, it was only in Emerald.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 17th, 2013 (10:26 AM). Edited August 17th, 2013 by Mateo.
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD490 View Post
Faraway Island was never in FR, it was only in Emerald.
Ah, right! It was Birth Island that appeared in both (and also Navel Rock, maybe some others). My mistake. But wither way, that still won't be where Mew's event will be in this hack

Old August 17th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
CrystalMarina

I missed voting too, but I would have voted for december anyway so its fine with me :D

I hate to wait more because I'm impatient but it looks like it will be really great if you keep updating things like you have been And I like that you are changing Mew, It would take way too long to save up 9999999 coins or whatever it was.

Also, I have a little comment on the boat house. It looks nice, but I think having the plants there messes it up a little. It makes it look like its either a really small boat or really big plants. But other than that it looks great as always Looking forward to more updates!
Old August 18th, 2013 (01:19 PM). Edited August 18th, 2013 by Mateo.
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I never noticed that with the boat house, but you have a point! I'll see what I can do to make it look better.

Also, I don't have them inserted yet (because I'm still working on scripts) but here are some of the building designs that will be happening in the New Bark/Cherrygrove area (and also Pallet Town/Viridian. I'll be going with the Heart Gold idea of using the same types of trees in both regions, and several types of buildings and things).

Here you can see the small houses, player's house, Pokecenter/Mart design, Elm's Lab, and the North/South Route Gate design.

This has some of them used again, along with trees and grass. I'm thinking that to make this look more snowy, I'll make most of the grass background white instead of normal green, but make it look like the tufts of grass are sticking out of the snow. I'll post more screenshots once I have them in the game and have them in colour.

Also, I had originally been working on these graphics for a future project, so I'll have to modify them to be snowier. But you can still get the idea.

Old August 25th, 2013 (09:53 PM).
physiq

Thank you. I've downloaded it.
Old August 26th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
CrystalMarina

The new graphics you posted look nice :D They kinda look like gold and fire red had a baby

With the trees Ithink they both look nice, it might help to see how the new ones would look snowy though.
Old August 27th, 2013 (08:50 PM). Edited August 28th, 2013 by Mateo.
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

That's kinda what I was going for with them And you have a point, it would help you guys to tell better for me to make snowy versions of them (and have them in-game, not just black-and-white mock-up images in TLP's image viewer). I'll try to get some of those up soon.

EDIT: Personally, I'm leaning toward the snowy trees I already have and using those for something else. But I'll still make a snowy version of the Ruby trees and we'll see how they look.
EDIT2: Here is the Gym design. Snowy, and I took the time to give it the right colours. It isn't in the rom yet, but it uses the same colours the game does.

Old August 29th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
CrystalMarina

Ooh I like that new Gym :D

Also, how are the other things coming? Like the parts that aren't graphics? :p
Old August 29th, 2013 (12:58 PM).
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks! I thought it turned out pretty well too.

The other stuff is coming along too. I don't have a lot to really show screenshots of, but I've been working on some of the not-graphics parts too. I went in the other day and worked on some of the TM/HM stuff, making sure everyone can learn Flame Ball that needs to, and other things. I've done some scripting in Kanto, and I've also been doing some bug fixing along the way (like the Goldenrod Underground having blue plants instead of green like they were supposed to be, for example). I'll try to get some new screenshots up soon though.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links