The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
pokemonlover493
Trainer

Nature: Lax
So there is going to be 2 hacks that I'm gonna be looking forward to near the end of the year. This and Pokemon Prism.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mattysoxfan

Nature: Naughty
Have we gotten to the point of a halloween game? I definitely enjoy these 2nd generation hacks the most and cant wait to play the updated game so I can add a scizor to my team.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Halloween Hack won't be out until at least next year, since I'm going to start on it after I finish this update to Christmas. (It also won't be called Halloween, its name is "Pokemon Spirits and Legends" and I have a lot planned for it I just don't have it really started yet, it only exists as notes and some sprites and things right now.)

Also, I know I haven't posted many updates lately. I was focusing on helping Freako finish Pokemon Bronze there for a few days. But now that Bronze is finished, I'm back working on this more regularly and I'll start getting some updates in this thread.

Old October 7th, 2013, 07:01 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
This is probably the best GSC hack I have played ( no kidding).Whenever I want to play Pokémon gold version which is my favorite game I always decide to play this game instead. I love the mapping skills especially the icy grass. I enjoyed the team rocket takeover of the battle tower and the Event in south isle against the legendary birds. This hack makes it possible to catch celebie which was a Pokémon only available for a limited time for some event. When I used to play gold I used to get annoyed when I used to give Kurt an apricorn but this Christmas hack has made it possible to Buy them off him :D :D ut what I love the most is the ice Pokémon available in the game... especially glaceon and the battle against BLUE the female protagonist of pokemon fire red and leaf green. It was a complete surprise !!!

Mateo I must really commend you for making this amazing hack. I'm really looking forward to you finishing the Joht legacy series and especially secret and rumors.

bTW I HAVE PLAYED THIS HACK 3 TIMES ALREADY :p
Cheers from India

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@sako -Awesome! Glad to hear it

Also, even though a lot of things will be updated in the new release this December, the things you mentioned are all still there along with all the new stuff being added. You can see a lot of the new additions that will be in it by looking at the other posts of course, but I'll try to be more thorough with them when its ready.

----------------

Also, a little update while I'm here. I don't have any new screenshots to post right now but I have been working on this. I've added trainers to Ice Path (always felt weird that it didn't have any). I've also restored the second floor of all Pokémon Centers, and I've changed it so the Name Rater can be found in every Pokémon Center in the upstairs. I think that is better than having to go to Goldenrod every time. I'm also going to put the Move Deleter up there as well, unless you guys all have a problem with that for some reason haha.

Right now, I'm working on completely redoing the Mahogany Town events (more Christmasy, not Team Rocket. But there is a Team Rocket event on South Isle now, so that makes up for it.) I'm also going to put the Global Terminal back in Goldenrod, since it was always in a really random place on South Isle. The Time Capsule that used to be in the upstairs of the Pokémon Centers will be moved to the gate of the Pal Park in Fuchsia City. I think that's all the important updates for right now.

Old October 8th, 2013, 03:51 AM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
oh yeah i remember playing this hack late last year...
it has that 4chan vaporeon reference or something like that
above all this hack is very pretty
nice to see this still being updated!

Old October 30th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thought I would post some previews over here. They are in black-and-white for a couple of reasons.
1) less of a spoiler, since it leaves more to imagination
2) some of these tilesets are still being finalized so I don't have them set up in the game yet.

Anyway, seemed like time to bump this thread a little. I haven't posted here much, but I've been working on the the tileset updates lately. Here are some previews of a couple of things.

The Pokemon Center design. Very similar to what it was in the last update, since I'd already messed with that tileset, but nicer. Credit for the heal machine goes to RED, all other devamps/customs are by me.

The upstairs for Route Gates. I'm planning to add these back in for the ones that had them in Gen I and III if I have time/maps. Not super important, but for continuity's sake it feels weird to have an entire floor of a building disappear between generations. All devamps/customs by me. A few tiles taken from original Red Version.

Cycling Road concept. Still working on this a bit. All devamps by me.

The snowy Pokemon Center design. And a snowy house. Devamps/customs by me.

I have more done too, but I don't want to spoil all of it before release. I'll show off more later, and I'll have actual in-game shots closer to release instead of these black-and-white previews while I'm still finalizing designs.

Old November 1st, 2013, 08:53 AM
CrystalMarina

Nature: Quiet
These look great! Only problem I see is on cycling road is that maybe it should have more of a border or something between the road part and the dirt looking part.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks! After your suggestion, I made a border tile really quick and I think it looks better than without it. What do you guys think?

Old November 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM
RPD490

Nature: Relaxed
Dude those concepts...awesome ouo

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
Ahhhh this all looks awesome :D totally gonna download it! Love ice pokemon so Froslass and Glaceon will be must haves on my team! Thank you for this amazing creation!

Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
Old November 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM
CrystalMarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Thanks! After your suggestion, I made a border tile really quick and I think it looks better than without it. What do you guys think?

That looks a lot better to me
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM
CrunchBuggy

Nature: Calm
Hey man, I love the hack.
I'm just curious, where do I get Mudkip? And what level does Piloswine evolve?

Old November 1st, 2013, 09:26 PM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Quote:
[center]

Pokémon Christmas
Trainin' in a Winter Wonderland
I find this WAY too funny.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old November 1st, 2013, 11:37 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@CrunchBuggy - In the 2012 version, you receive Mudkip in a trade in Pewter Museum. However, Mudkip's family are removed from this year's version. It didn't feel right to add 1 line of Hoenn starters without adding the other starters, and there wasn't a good reason for them to be there anyway. If I remember Piloswine evolves at level 42 or so in the 2012 version. I've altered the levels that the Swinub family learn moves and evolve for this year's release though, because you can find them at much lower levels than you could in Gold so it makes sense for them to learn things around the level you find them. I'll try to remember to comment on the updated level that he evolves when I release this year's version.

@Winter Wonderland - Ha! I'll be completely honest, I didn't know you existed when I came up with that tagline :p It was based completely on the song "walking in a winter wonderland". That's pretty funny though.

Old November 2nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Quote:

@Winter Wonderland - Ha! I'll be completely honest, I didn't know you existed when I came up with that tagline :p It was based completely on the song "walking in a winter wonderland". That's pretty funny though.

Oh, I know. I just thought it was hilarious. I sung it that way, too. "Traaainin' in a win-ter won-derland"

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old November 9th, 2013, 06:49 PM
jacobk11

Nature: Hardy
Is it possible to post a rom hack of this?
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobk11 View Post
Is it possible to post a rom hack of this?
I'll be posting it in December when its ready

Old November 10th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
This brings back memories of my childhood
I'll be sure to play it this december release!
Old November 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Negaman

The nostalgia that comes from the familiar Team Rocket battle theme is palpable.
Anyway, this hack is great. More power to you, Mateo.
Progress: Just beat the Pokemon League.

Old November 10th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negaman View Post
The nostalgia that comes from the familiar Team Rocket battle theme is palpable.
Anyway, this hack is great. More power to you, Mateo.
Progress: Just beat the Pokemon League.
Glad you're enjoying the current version. Hopefully you'll enjoy the new release even more when it comes out!

Old November 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
illpoke

Started playing and pretty cool. Using weavile, manoswine, glaceon, and quilava. What are glaceon moves?
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by illpoke View Post
Started playing and pretty cool. Using weavile, manoswine, glaceon, and quilava. What are glaceon moves?
In that version, let's see. I think I tried to give him a similar moveset to what he can learn in the games he existed in, using moves that were around in Gen II. I think I've changed it a bit since the last release though so hard to say for sure what he knew in the 2012 version. When I release the new version mid/late December, I'll also post the skillsets for all the added Pokemon as well as info on Pokemon with new or updated evolutions to avoid confusion. Something I should have done with the last version, but its a little late for that now.

------------------------

Also, while I'm here, let me post some more teaser pics that I shared on Facebook earlier:

As you can see, its the inside of the Ruins of Alph chambers. I've also drawn the tiles in such a way that you can walk behind the top parts of those walls (like I described in my "[Gen II] Walk Behind Things" tutorial that should be posted on PHO.)

And here's another tileset teaser for you guys:

This would be used for the Power Plant, Dept. Store Basement, a couple of gyms, that kind of thing. It doesn't show off everything the tileset can do though but like I say, its a teaser

Also, What do you guys think of this cave tileset I'm working on? Does it look good, bad, ugly, etc? The dirt/ground would be brown, and the mountain/rock parts would be grey.

Here is another thing from the Cave tileset, for the cliff gate in Cianwood City. Not sure how I feel about the huge sign though. I know it had one in HG/SS, but it feels like it will be out of place here almost. (In the 2012 version, I just used a Pikachu poster on the wall in that map).

And here is one last teaser: The research building at the Ruins of Alph (this can be considered a beta map, it might look a bit different in the final version).

I think that's all the new teaser images I have lying around for right now. Let me know what you guys think if you don't mind.

Last edited by Mateo; November 17th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Nature: Relaxed
Hey Mateo! I'm back and I'm waiting for this hack to be completed.

I am waiting for this and for Prism. Unfortunately, Prism won't be finished this year. Do you have any date for this hack? Perhaps this Christmas?

Thanks!
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I can't say any particular date, but my goal is to have it ready a little before Christmas. In the past I tried to release a beta on Christmas but with different time zones and other things its hard to release it at a time that is satisfactorily "Christmas Day" for everyone. Plus delays can come up. So I'm shooting for a little before Christmas, maybe around 20 December or so. But hard to say for sure.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links