The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 12th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Yep, Mewtwo is still catchable. Also, which thing is he still saying about the egg? Is it a phone call dialogue that I missed, or is it something he says in the lab? That will make it quicker for me to go to it and change it.

EDIT: Oh wait, he does mention the egg at one point after you get it from the Daycare couple. I think he or the daycare couple are supposed to indicate that they talked about it to explain why he knows.
I don't think it's a phone call .I think it's Elm's line that you forgot to change( in his lab), i think , After giving me the masterball in his lab he said to me" how is that egg doing ?" or something like that
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo
I know at one point he is supposed to say something about the egg, since you get a Togepi egg from the day care couple now the first time you talk to them. Like, I know if you call him after it hatches (you call HIM, not him call you) he will say "what? the egg hatched?" or something similar, since that is probably what you would be calling him about. Basically, its probably not really a bug you guys are seeing, just something I should have explained a bit better.

Old July 13th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

ok then. But it seemed odd to me since i never talked to day care !
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Okay, well then that one is probably still a mistake, he should only do what I'm thinking of if you actually hatch the Togepi egg. I'll do another play through and see if I can catch it and fix it.

Old July 13th, 2012, 05:05 AM
godlesplay

I can't change accuracy when battle with mewto because it once used mist and after more than 10 turns it is still working so I can't catch it (I changed hp to 1)
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Awesome reference in vermilion port "Are you looking for the truck ? They moved it recently"
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
godlesplay

I caught articuno,zapdos,moltres,ho-oh,lugia,celebi,mewto are there any other legendaries ?
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@godlesplay - Well you can get Mew in the gamecorner, and Suicune Raikou and Entei are still wandering around Johto like they were in original Gold.

@gam3r! - Haha yep. Thought I'd have some fun and toss in references like that.

Old July 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

I guess this reference goes to the truck that if you interacted with it you would get mew. This truck will be in SaR right ?
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

@gam3r! - Absolutely. I kicked around a few ideas for that one, and even thought about including the actual truck and mew but decided to go with that one. After all, if SaR is Red Version "The way WE PRETENDED it was supposed to be", then Red would have already found Mew, so he couldn't still be under the truck.

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

And why having a truck without a mew?
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Haha that's what we always wondered in Red. It was always there, but you couldn't even legitimately get to it unless you went really out of your way to get CUT without the boat leaving, then coming back with surf (You could lose a trainer battle on the ship after you got CUT, or you could have one of your mates trade you a Pokemon that knew CUT already and just avoid going on the boat all-together until you had surf).

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Gawerty
Community Supporter

so whats up with this bug...? i was playing this version and beat the elite four and stuff, so i was in johto and faced surge, misty, erika, and sabrina. i went to get my kanto music pass
when i got it it said, "recieved EXPN Card!" but it didnt appear in my pokegear, and i cant continue without not only that, i reloaded my state and played through the elite four and all again, and i got back to it, i didnt use the fastforward function this time and got the pass and it still just dissappeared, im using a psp emulator called Master Boy 2.10

it didnt do this on any other pokemon game like gold or silver or crystal so im kind of curious did i do something wrong or was it a bug on your part?
Old July 16th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgj View Post
so whats up with this bug...? i was playing this version and beat the elite four and stuff, so i was in johto and faced surge, misty, erika, and sabrina. i went to get my kanto music pass
when i got it it said, "recieved EXPN Card!" but it didnt appear in my pokegear, and i cant continue without not only that, i reloaded my state and played through the elite four and all again, and i got back to it, i didnt use the fastforward function this time and got the pass and it still just dissappeared, im using a psp emulator called Master Boy 2.10

it didnt do this on any other pokemon game like gold or silver or crystal so im kind of curious did i do something wrong or was it a bug on your part?
Did you get the radio card from Goldenrod City? If you didn't, that is your problem, but basically all the EXPN card does is add at least 1 new channel almost at the right-hand side of the radio, which is PokeFlute.

Seriously though, this is a really well-made hack. I'm in Kanto right now and I've just beaten Brock and Misty. My team is Typhlosion, Poliwrath, Noctowl, Pikachu (trade and shiny), Celebi and an egg that my Male Eevee (not happy about that) and my Ditto made. This is actually the second egg I've gotten so far because the first one was a Male.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by Seraphimon-sama; July 16th, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Seraphimon-sama is correct. Just like in the original games, you have to get the normal Radio Card in Johto for the EXPN card to do anything.

Glad to see you're enjoying it, and sorry on your problems finding a female Eevee. Best of luck to you!

Old July 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Seraphimon-sama

Quote:
Seraphimon-sama is correct. Just like in the original games, you have to get the normal Radio Card in Johto for the EXPN card to do anything.

Glad to see you're enjoying it, and sorry on your problems finding a female Eevee. Best of luck to you!
Yeah I ended up giving up on getting a Female Eevee and just evolved my original one that I got from Bill. I did want a Female Glaceon but oh well. Too late now.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Sad day. Well, there's more than one Ice Shard around, so you can still get a female Glaceon later if you ever end up with a female Eevee.

Old July 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Superjustinbros

This is looking like one intense hack. Great Job. Might have to try it soon.
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy it when ya do!

Old August 24th, 2012, 03:06 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

This is a great game but I have a really stupid question how do you get past the ice block to get to the 4th gym. I am guessing you need some kind of hm?
Old August 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I'm assuming you already beat Whitney. Did you battle the Hiker next to the ice block, who gives you the TM "Flame Ball" after you beat him? If so, just teach Flame Ball to a pokemon and melt the block. If not, go beat the Hiker. Cheers!

Old August 25th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Myc Shredder

Thoroughly enjoyed playing this one! Not that many great Gen 2 hacks out there so my hat's off to you Mateo!

Old August 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I'm assuming you already beat Whitney. Did you battle the Hiker next to the ice block, who gives you the TM "Flame Ball" after you beat him? If so, just teach Flame Ball to a pokemon and melt the block. If not, go beat the Hiker. Cheers!
Is that a move that would be needed elsewhere in the field? Since TMs break, and that could be the only instance of it available, you could end up blocking a player in somewhere unable to proceed several Routes later if they replace the move with another unless you have the TM available somehow later on (like in the next town for purchase for 1,000 coins). It might be better to make it an HM in that case.

If that's the only place with the move needed, carry on and ignore me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 25th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Is that a move that would be needed elsewhere in the field? Since TMs break, and that could be the only instance of it available, you could end up blocking a player in somewhere unable to proceed several Routes later if they replace the move with another unless you have the TM available somehow later on (like in the next town for purchase for 1,000 coins). It might be better to make it an HM in that case.

If that's the only place with the move needed, carry on and ignore me.

Cyclone
It works the same way Rock Smash did. In GSC, Rock Smash was a TM instead of HM. Once you get the first one from the Hiker, more can be purchased in the Dept. Store in Goldenrod City. The same is true of Headbutt as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myc Shredder View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed playing this one! Not that many great Gen 2 hacks out there so my hat's off to you Mateo!
Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it!

Old August 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
It works the same way Rock Smash did. In GSC, Rock Smash was a TM instead of HM. Once you get the first one from the Hiker, more can be purchased in the Dept. Store in Goldenrod City. The same is true of Headbutt as well.
Good to know, that could have been called an indirect bug otherwise.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here