The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old August 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateo

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Good to know, that could have been called an indirect bug otherwise.

Cyclone

It actually was, at one point :p

Goldenrod Dept. Store checked for the wrong flag at first, so you could get stuck like that. I fixed that one a good while back though.

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:34 AM
RubyHacker

Nature: Quiet
I suppose this hack is complete, just downloaded. Haven't played it yet, but congrats, it's rare to find a full hack.
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Yep, this hack can be considered complete. I guess it's always possible I may decide in the future to add another post-story quest or something, but as of now it is complete.

Old August 29th, 2012, 07:42 AM
RubyHacker

Just played it. I have some questions, will send a PM asap. All I can say, is that it's not good as others, but it deserves a go. The dialogues, characters are awesome. Also i like the map changes, like
Spoiler:
South Isle
. I like it, if you do an update on this, you have my support.
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

If by "not good as others" you mean "it doesn't completely change everything" then yeah, I see your point. The idea was not to be a completely new game necessarily, but more like an "alternate third version" sort of like if Crystal was combined with Platinum, but at Christmas Time. Glad you still enjoyed it though.

EDIT: Any suggestions you might have? Things that should be done differently, things that would be cool to see added in an update?

Old August 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
RubyHacker

That's not my point. My point is that other hacks are mostly total conversions, where 99.9 percent is changed. (the only 0.01 is the pixelated graphics, lol ). It's still good and it's worth a go.

Suggestions: I think you should change the trainer Pokemon's levels(all of them). Also I think you should put some legendaries in some places you edited ( South Isle etc.)
I'll think of more.
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Sounds like it would be a good thing to look into, possibly re-work their teams as well. Also,
Spoiler:
There are 4 legendaries available in South Isle if you come back for the Legend Festival. To activate the festival, you need to find Flannery in Fuchsia City and she will tell you about it.

There is also Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, and there is a Celebi Event in Ilex Forest once you take the GS Ball to Kurt.

Old August 29th, 2012, 11:14 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

I have just completed everything in the game except the festival thing it was also very hard to do the last rival fight since my strongest was level 57 and weakest 55 but I did it barely but I succeeded.
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

When you say final rival, do you mean Kris or do you mean Leaf? Just curious. Either way, congrats on getting it done!

Old August 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Leaf and thanks for the congrats also to get to pewter I needed to check a gold guide since its been years since I played and beat it.
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nice. And haha, yeah that happens sometimes. Even having played it as many times as I have, I still pulled out the guide when I was working on it as a reference.

Old August 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Nice Work Mateo.

Haven't Played it yet But i Plan to~

~~
i Also am in Skeetendo Lol

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man

Last edited by rpg man; August 29th, 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: a good reason!
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Awesome, hope you enjoy it!

PS- I laughed at your "reason for editing", I'm not gonna lie.

Old August 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
I hope i enjoy it too.

Reply to the PS.

Thanks

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

By the way everyone, I made a couple of support banners and put them in the first post. I think the second one looks best personally, but of course you can use either one of them, or make your own if you wish.

Old August 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM
RubyHacker

Thanks for the tips man. Can't wait for more updates, keep it up!
Don't read if you plan to pass the GAME!!!
Spoiler:

I just finished it.
Before I share my honest opinions, I 2 questions:
- Is there a way to get to the Brick Town that was mentioned by Leaf?
- I beat Leaf, and also got Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, + Mewtwo and Lugia. Is that all I can do?

Now my opinions:
- This hack is great. It gets a + because it's complete, so I can enjoy it to the end.
- South Isle and all the edited places were great.
- Leaf and Red was also a great add. Loved it.

Suggestions:
If it's possible, make a longer version of it.
- I know this sounds big, but Hoenn as a region would be a dream come true ( for me at least ). I don't want the Hoenn Pokemon, Johto and Kanto ones would be great too.
- I suppose Leaf is the "Red" of this hack. But what about Lance? You should add him too somewhere.
- Where's "YOU" in the hack? I'm not talking about where to meet you, but the battles. I would have loved to fight you more.
- If you plan to put more battles with you in the hack, put in you favorites! I'm not sure if the Pokemon you had in the hack are your favorites, but if they aren't, take my word!

One more question: Is Flannery you girlfriend( Joking of course) in the hack?

Last edited by RubyHacker; August 30th, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old August 30th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyHacker View Post
Spoiler:

I just finished it.
- I beat Leaf, and also got Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, + Mewtwo and Lugia. Is that all I can do?

Now my opinions:
- This hack is great. It gets a + because it's complete, so I can enjoy it to the end.

Suggestions:
- I know this sounds big, but Hoenn as a region would be a dream come true ( for me at least ). I don't want the Hoenn Pokemon, Johto and Kanto ones would be great too.
- I suppose Leaf is the "Red" of this hack. But what about Lance? You should add him too somewhere.
- Where's "YOU" in the hack? I'm not talking about where to meet you, but the battles. I would have loved to fight you more.
- If you plan to put more battles with you in the hack, put in you favorites! I'm not sure if the Pokemon you had in the hack are your favorites, but if they aren't, take my word!

I finished it too before a long time.. but one question...what to do hoenn region without hoenn pokemon :O ?

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old August 30th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyHacker View Post
Spoiler:

I just finished it.

Now my opinions:

Suggestions:

Well to answer your questions:

Spoiler:
-There is no way to get to Brick Town in this hack. You can get there in the latest demo of Secrets and Rumours though (Check my sig for a link).
-There are still Ho-oh and Celebi, plus the three Dogs (if you haven't caught all of them yet).

-Adding a third region would be a LOT of work, plus I don't currently know how to go about adding a third region map. So Hoenn is not likely to happen, although I could add more places to Johto and Kanto in an update, for example:
Spoiler:
the Routes added in HG/SS that are currently blocked off by the bit of fence, and some other places. I might try to make the battle tower more functional in an update as well. However, some of my ideas for new places in Johto and Kanto will show up in this hack's prequel, "Pokemon Spirits and Legends", aka "The Halloween Hack" although I don't know if I'll have it done by Halloween, what with classes and everything.

-Lance is said to be training in the Unova region, and Gary is off in Hoenn, why neither of them make an appearance.

-I could add in another battle or two with my NPC, that wouldn't be a problem. I didn't want to go too far to town on it though, since I already felt like Flannery and I were everywhere haha.
Spoiler:
My team in Burned Tower is basically the team I had at that point during testing once. I remember around Christmas when Volmise did a let's play of it, she freaked out at my first Pokémon, but was laughing by the time I was sending out really under leveled Pokémon. During testing especially I have a habit of Grinding my starter up and ignoring everyone else lol. But I would add in more of my favorites if I add more battles with myself.

-Speaking of that, while I never actually say it in so many words, I guess I did manage to strongly imply that Flannery and I are dating in the hack. The entry on the Pokehacks wiki (not written by me) lists Flannery as my girlfriend.

On a side note:
Spoiler:
I do have notes written down for a GBC hack that would take place in Hoenn, but it only exists on paper and is too early to really say anything about it or whether it will ever really exist or not. But since I see there is at least some demand for a Hoenn-centered Gold hack, I will probably get to it when I finish my other projects (Whenever that is).

Last edited by Mateo; August 30th, 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added information to one of the spoilers
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
-Speaking of that, while I never actually say it in so many words, I guess I did manage to strongly imply that Flannery and I are dating in the hack. The entry on the Pokehacks wiki (not written by me) lists Flannery as my girlfriend.
Lol mateo is a lucky guy Also i really look forward for that hoenn styled hack.( ahhhhh ancient emerald where are you ?)

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Lol mateo is a lucky guy Also i really look forward for that hoenn styled hack.( ahhhhh ancient emerald where are you ?)
Haha for real lol.

And yeah, glad you mentioned Ancient Emerald. Because that hack exists (even if it is somewhat in limbo right now) this would NOT be an RSE remake, but a new story taking place in Hoenn. The way my notes are right now, it would take place 3 years after RSE (so the same time as GSC) and you would play as someone other than Brendan/May. But that's all I'll really say about it right now, since I have so little planned out yet, and I'm not officially announcing it or anything. Haha. Plus, I don't want to accidentally get us off-topic.

Last edited by Mateo; August 30th, 2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: "Plus, I don't want to accidentally get us off-topic."
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

I think you have mentioned about a hiker in this hack whose lines were a reference to the song round and round by ratt. were is he ?

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Spoiler:
In Diglett's cave, there is a new underground area and access to the abandoned underground path (that was originally left out from Gold and Silver). He is down there.

Old August 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Cool. Thanks i know there are lots of doctor who referances in your hacks too I think that's what makes hacks good. The referencial power ! :D

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old August 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Yeah, I like to have fun with references to things. Whether that is another game, TV, a movie, etc. I try to keep it mainly in side things, unless its something Pokemon related like the Pokémon 2000 References. I try to do it so that if someone gets the reference, they will think its cool, but if they don't get it they will just go on about the game and not feel lost.

Old August 30th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

yeah like the "all your base belongs to us" in pokemon secrets and rumors.But the "i'm out here slacking like a boss,that's just how i roll !" line was one of the best in this game
Or the celadon mansion which is the Skeetendo inc. hq (which was nitendo's in g/s/c )
For the referances , you have a point i remember playing snakewood recently which is full of referances , i didn't understood some of them and i was kinda lost

\m/ KYUSS \m/

Last edited by Dimebag; August 31st, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here