The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2012 (09:42 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
In Pokemon Black and White, the C-Gear was given to you in Striaton City by Fennel and had few features: Xtransceiver, IR functions, Dream World functions and battle/trade functions as well as surveying functions. Not a lot of people would have taken heed of those functions, but what about in B2W2? How do you think you'll get the C-Gear? Will there be new features implemented? Will others be removed? Will you use all of the features to their potential? Discuss.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old April 12th, 2012 (09:46 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Well considering the C-Gear was a new and main feature to Black & White it's quite possible that they could expand on it, there are many possibilities that they could implement.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old April 12th, 2012 (09:51 AM).
dannyboy601
Musician-in-Training

My guess is that they'll include some kind of C-Gear V2 (or something along those lines), and you probably won't receive it from Fennel, seeing as Striaton City is located on the opposite side of the region as Hiougi City. I think there probably will be some new features included. What I'd like to see is a radio of some sort that broadcasts shows and gives out information such as weather and swarms (essentially removing the need to travel into gates and watch the screen). It'd also bee cool if they merged the VS recorder and the C-Gear so you could watch battle videos on it.

Old April 12th, 2012 (12:50 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
C-Gear has those special C-Gear Skins you can get on Global Link. Then add a small number of buttons on top.

1. Trade! - searches for another DS to trade with.

2. Re-Match - Operates like the VS. Seeker item.

Stuff like that could be at the touch of a button.

Or just have the HGSS menus as an option in the Options Menu
Old April 12th, 2012 (06:24 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy601 View Post
My guess is that they'll include some kind of C-Gear V2 (or something along those lines), and you probably won't receive it from Fennel, seeing as Striaton City is located on the opposite side of the region as Hiougi City. I think there probably will be some new features included. What I'd like to see is a radio of some sort that broadcasts shows and gives out information such as weather and swarms (essentially removing the need to travel into gates and watch the screen). It'd also bee cool if they merged the VS recorder and the C-Gear so you could watch battle videos on it.
Ooh, rewatching in-game matches on the C-Gear would be amazing, and as for the radio... idk they already have ~the gates~. But VS recorder on it, defs want.
Old April 12th, 2012 (07:56 PM).
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
I like the Vs. Recorder idea very much.

The Wifi option, I felt, was very limited for the C-Gear. Maybe add a random battle/trade feature to it?

And oh god, hope of the removal of the Feeling Check. In my opinion a wasteful feature.
Old April 12th, 2012 (08:02 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Id like to be able to use the C-gear to trade over wi-fi and battle outside the Pokemon Center, Id also like them to fix Entralink to work over wi-fi.
Old April 12th, 2012 (08:50 PM).
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

I think they should take some ideas from D/P/Pt's poketch because some of the apps were pretty awesome.
Old April 12th, 2012 (09:09 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
IF, IF the game was compatible with the 3DS, the SD card could hold multiple battle videos. Only one per cartridge is not enough.
Old April 13th, 2012 (05:24 AM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
I'd love if it was changed significantly, as bar local wifi things I never found it very useful, and suspect this is the case for many other people. Stuff in the likes of DPPt for instance would be nice - some of those features were pretty neat and actually were used by myself in normal gameplay.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old April 13th, 2012 (05:31 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Favouring a HG/SS-styled menu with the C-Gear promoted alongside it? That's how I'd like to do my wireless gaming.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 13th, 2012 (06:42 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Favouring a HG/SS-styled menu with the C-Gear promoted alongside it? That's how I'd like to do my wireless gaming.
Pretty much this. idk what they were thinking with BW's menu system, but having it all right there would be nice, as is having more uses out of it, like more wifi options for those that use them.

It'd also be nice to see an improvement to the 1 fps xtransceiver calls you make on wifi with the 10 seconds of audio.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I want something more useful on the bottom screen in this game. Whether that be the menu proper, or an enhanced C-Gear that borrows some ideas from the D/P/Pt Poketch, I just would like an app that's useful at places other than anime/gaming conventions.

If they could make the menu the primary part of the bottom screen, with an option to switch the C-Gear on (instead of the other way around like in B/W) that would be great. Also, things like a Vs. Recorder, Vs. Seeker, a few of the Poketch apps (like the step counter and daycare apps), and maybe a radio like in HG/SS integrated into the C-Gear functionality itself would make the C-Gear seem less like dead weight. XTransceiver should also be a part of the C-Gear instead of a separate key item since much of its use (outside of the few storyline instances) is based upon wireless/wi-fi.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:21 AM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

I hated the C-Gear, I opted to have the item finder thing on the bottom screen as much as possible.

I mean... I don't even use wifi, especially whilst I'm casually playing the game and not looking for battles/trades - so why have it active the whole time? Waste battery? Blah.

Maybe give an option on what is seen on the bottom screen as you walk around - aka pokemon summaries, item dowser, clock, notepad, etc.
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

I miss my bottom screen menu. If anything I would like the option to have the menu showing when the C-Gear is turned off, because mine was always off and the bottom screen ended up being a waste.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 13th, 2012 (10:34 AM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
IF, IF the game was compatible with the 3DS, the SD card could hold multiple battle videos. Only one per cartridge is not enough.
DSi and DSiXL have SD cards as well. If they could have done that before they would have with Black and White which were DSi compatible thanks to Xtranceiver.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links