Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > New Staff Lounge (archive)
Reload this Page Inactive forums and forum pleads.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

New Staff Lounge (archive) This forum was used in PokéCommunity's 2012 April Fools Day prank. All content in this forum is fabricated for the entertainment of the reader.

Old March 24th, 2012 (08:04 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Even if you're only deleting 10 forums, that is still a colossally dramatic change that still gives the impression of a toxic atmosphere! Even just one less trafficked forum being deleted will cause members to be up in arms and scares away the rational and intelligent members who counteract the horribly n00bish members that so greatly agitate staff members! The horribly n00bish members would be the only ones who remain! I don't know about you, but I'd be deterred from a site populated by such n00bs if it were my first time stumbling across it!

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 24th, 2012 (08:25 PM).
→ you're here, aren't you?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave

hi i'm drew and this is my alt account
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old March 24th, 2012 (08:44 PM).
highly-functioning sociopath

Good riddance. And how about we ban all the members with odd number of posts because it doesn't look good. And don't forget the members with numbers in their usernames.

Old March 24th, 2012 (08:47 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Lerroux:
Maybe you should consider taking a step down if you can't handle an LoA. Not having any restraint is something that I don't think's good in a moderator. I'll remove CBC if I see it's appropriate to remove it, however.
I am handling my LoA perfectly fine. I see a report there which I have no intention to do, so you should be pleased with me. This is such an important matter that I have to post about, so yeaaaaaah. Either way, CBC is a community, and a great place for new battlers. ;x I'll try to say this nicely - PLEASE DON'T RUIN THIS.
Old March 24th, 2012 (09:00 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nica, don't bother. >__>

Erica, why are you agreeing with him? Wow.

Lerroux,
honey, baby, sugar pie, etc.

What the fuck?

I doubt you think highly of me, so I've got nothing to ruin anymore.

I'm sorry, but PC functioned just fine with us handling things, and it's done so for years. It's got all the admins that it needs, and honestly why would you wanna fix something that isn't broken? The forums work just fine as they are.

paired to Antemortem
Old March 24th, 2012 (09:45 PM).
For my next trick...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
As long as you don't touch my precious clubs, I'm fine with getting rid of some of those inactive forums. And I don't see why B+W should be exempt from this ruling, if it were truly active and popular enough, it would have the posts required to be safe from this.
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:10 AM).
Ruler of PC

Quote originally posted by Alternative:
As long as you don't touch my precious clubs, I'm fine with getting rid of some of those inactive forums. And I don't see why B+W should be exempt from this ruling, if it were truly active and popular enough, it would have the posts required to be safe from this.
I already explained why. Please read my post again.

Quote originally posted by EntwinedSilence:
Nica, don't bother. >__>

Erica, why are you agreeing with him? Wow.

Lerroux,
honey, baby, sugar pie, etc.

What the fuck?

I doubt you think highly of me, so I've got nothing to ruin anymore.

I'm sorry, but PC functioned just fine with us handling things, and it's done so for years. It's got all the admins that it needs, and honestly why would you wanna fix something that isn't broken? The forums work just fine as they are.
The forum can be improved. You'll see exactly what I mean when I'm done.

Quote originally posted by Forever:
I am handling my LoA perfectly fine. I see a report there which I have no intention to do, so you should be pleased with me. This is such an important matter that I have to post about, so yeaaaaaah. Either way, CBC is a community, and a great place for new battlers. ;x I'll try to say this nicely - PLEASE DON'T RUIN THIS.
Well good for you, now I do suggest you return to your LoA and leave me to my business.

Quote originally posted by Logiedan:
Good riddance. And how about we ban all the members with odd number of posts because it doesn't look good. And don't forget the members with numbers in their usernames.
Good idea. I'll get back to you on that.

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Even if you're only deleting 10 forums, that is still a colossally dramatic change that still gives the impression of a toxic atmosphere! Even just one less trafficked forum being deleted will cause members to be up in arms and scares away the rational and intelligent members who counteract the horribly n00bish members that so greatly agitate staff members! The horribly n00bish members would be the only ones who remain! I don't know about you, but I'd be deterred from a site populated by such n00bs if it were my first time stumbling across it!
You over-analyse far too much. It will be fine. It's for the better.
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:24 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Emulation has more than double the 'necessary' posts, so it's totally safe, but I'm posting to show my disagreement with this, as I have with most of your other posts, Lerroux. I'm not arguing, as that clearly isn't going to work any more- I'm just making sure my opinion is heard, before you take THAT away.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old March 25th, 2012 (07:11 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

Well good. NU/W is almost at 200,000 posts so not much for me to worry about. xD I feel bad for those forums that might have to be merged/deleted. Honestly, the majority of the forums deserve to stay. Maybe if we could promote more activity in those forums, they can reach the 100k mark and be exempt for merge/deletion?

Quote originally posted by Logiedan:
Logie. I don't know you, but I hate you already.
Old March 25th, 2012 (09:53 AM).
Crystal Tier

Ahahahahah..

I'm nearly completely done with this.

paired to Antemortem
Old March 25th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
OKAY NEW TOPIC FOR THIS THREAD

Let's talk about something more productive and helpful for the community: Gira's Cyndaquil. Isn't it cute?
Old March 25th, 2012 (11:03 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

You over-analyse far too much. It will be fine. It's for the better.
I'm not over-analyzing. I've seen this **** happen at tons of other formerly active forums, then they die within the year because the memberbase was pissed off and decided to go to a site that would let them categorize their discussions in a tidy fashion.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:24 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

What section is that?
If you knew how to read, you would know. But since your head is so far up your ass you have no light to read by, I'll point it out for you: Fanfiction and Writing. It's the only section I care about.

You come in here claiming to know everything but you still don't know what sections are moderated by whom.
Old March 25th, 2012 (03:55 PM).
of pallet town ★
CS

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Went:

Let's talk about something more productive and helpful for the community: Gira's Cyndaquil. Isn't it cute?
I find it absolutely adorable! :'D
Old March 25th, 2012 (04:01 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

I find Gira's Cyndaquil absolutely......smashing.
Old March 25th, 2012 (07:02 PM).

Quote originally posted by Meganium90:

Logie. I don't know you, but I hate you already.
Don't you lie to me, I know you hate those numbers too.

Old March 25th, 2012 (07:09 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

I actually hate them, but I have learned to deal with them. I am not that desperate like some people here.
Old March 25th, 2012 (07:28 PM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
I'm considering removing or condensing and merging some forums. Any forum with less than 100,000 posts sets a poor example and impression on new members interested in joining active sections. We have a steady join rate, but the amount of people who stay aren't very high when you compare the numbers. It's obvious that the post count in forums don't satisfy the new members, so that's why I'm planning to do this.

Since people didn't take too kindly to my mod reviews (which are still in progress, I'm nearly done. I just need a few more things and then I'll post the results for all of you to see.), anyone with a forum less active than 100,000 posts should plead your case here.
So by that token we should remove you as well? Hey lets join a site were there is some huge tyrannical guy that acts like only what he says goes. Wow sounds like a magical wonder land!

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 27th, 2012 (04:59 PM).

I actually hate them, but I have learned to deal with them. I am not that desperate like some people here.
I feel uneasy when the numbers are around me as we are co-workers. Remove thy numbers this instant.

Old March 28th, 2012 (05:36 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

lern2respect, Logie. With name changes disabled, that would be impossible, and I can't leave staff just so I can go on a new account.
Old March 28th, 2012 (06:10 AM).
Ruler of PC

Quote originally posted by giradialkia:
Emulation has more than double the 'necessary' posts, so it's totally safe, but I'm posting to show my disagreement with this, as I have with most of your other posts, Lerroux. I'm not arguing, as that clearly isn't going to work any more- I'm just making sure my opinion is heard, before you take THAT away.
Your forum is fine. That's the only forum you have any kind of say regarding. Please don't exhibit this kind of behavior again. Keep your head down and focus on your forum. Thanks.

Well good. NU/W is almost at 200,000 posts so not much for me to worry about. xD I feel bad for those forums that might have to be merged/deleted. Honestly, the majority of the forums deserve to stay. Maybe if we could promote more activity in those forums, they can reach the 100k mark and be exempt for merge/deletion?
We've had more than enough time to focus on promoting activity in these sections. Now it's time to end them. They obviously aren't going anywhere.

Quote originally posted by EntwinedSilence:
Ahahahahah..

I'm nearly completely done with this.
Please don't post here if you don't intend to contribute. As a super moderator, you should be setting an example for the rest of the staff to follow.

Quote originally posted by Went:

Please don't post here if you don't intend to contribute. As a super moderator, you should be setting an example for the rest of the staff to follow.

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
I'm not over-analyzing. I've seen this **** happen at tons of other formerly active forums, then they die within the year because the memberbase was pissed off and decided to go to a site that would let them categorize their discussions in a tidy fashion.
That might be true for other forums, but that isn't at all true for this forum. I appreciate your concern, but I know what I'm doing.

Quote originally posted by Astinus:
If you knew how to read, you would know. But since your head is so far up your ass you have no light to read by, I'll point it out for you: Fanfiction and Writing. It's the only section I care about.

You come in here claiming to know everything but you still don't know what sections are moderated by whom.
I don't really have the time to memorize the moderator list or forum names. That's not what I'm here for.

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
So by that token we should remove you as well? Hey lets join a site were there is some huge tyrannical guy that acts like only what he says goes. Wow sounds like a magical wonder land!
This doesn't really concern me. This concerns the activity of the forums and the community as a whole.
Old March 28th, 2012 (10:22 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

How about no, Ley-roo? Yes, I'm calling you that because I'm not spelling out your name.

You should be the one helping us and contributing with your ideas but instead you're just making things worse. Many forums such as Pokemon Anime, Game Development, and Black & White are almost at their 100,000 mark. They won't make it till then because of your plan. I say let the mods of those sections promote a bit more activity. I'm positive they'll make it.

and I don't care if my post is not *contributing* as you said in other similar posts. This is my honest opinion and I as a moderator of this community have the right to voice it.
Old March 28th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
Crystal Tier

And as an admin, you should know when to step off and politely stop trying to change a place that doesn't need the changes you're trying to give it. You're like a presidential candidate that has most of the public pissed off, with a small group that in the end hopefully be out-voted, going "WE'LL FOLLOW WHATEVER YOU SAY". Meanwhile the rest of us are sitting here going "BULL****". My god, can I just leave? Would that bother anybody? If I stay on staff I'm just fight with this guy, unless I ignore his topics, which in all honestly would be more than half of the eventual staff forum. Jesus christ.

paired to Antemortem
Old March 28th, 2012 (08:42 PM).

This thread is silly enough to post anything in.

Meganium. Your numbers make you atrocious, and I'm starting to feel ashamed because I'm on the same team as you. Make a new account or leave, for **** sakes..

Old March 29th, 2012 (12:12 AM).
Crystal Tier

Hmmm, I guess we can breathe easy for now.. I'm glad we're all still.. intact, and here. xD;

Also, jesus mean to Megan much? :x

paired to Antemortem

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links