The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Hmm, I can't say much for the 5th Gen since I don't know enough about how they can battle to really say they are the most powerful and cute Pokemon, although I have to say, Victini seems to be one of those craftly little buggers with a lot of power in a tiny body :3

I'd say that some Pokemon with a lot of potential would be Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone. Put all four of those in a team, raised well, and you'd have a pretty decent team. OF course, that's just my opinion.

I've actually made Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone as main Pokemon in my team once and they fared pretty well in most battles, but I had other Pokes with me to make up for any weakness they had.

I have Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~

Last edited by MonoSpectator; December 23rd, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Victini. All the way. It's just, most Pokemon that are depicted as cute Pokemon, are either first stage Pokemon or Pokemon that are just supposed to be weak, however Victini kinda broke that by being overly powerful. Of course it depends on which Pokemon you find cute, since some may find some of the stronger ones to be cute, however since this is our personal opinion, I'm going with Victini, out from personal experiences. I haven't ever used that Pokemon that much or even know much about it, however the few times I've used it in Pokemon Online, it's been amazing, and definitely the strongest Pokemon which I've found to be cute.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
@MonoSpectator - Off topic, but that's one really long gif you got in your sig. It had me on edge, and I applaud whoever had the time to make it.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
@MonoSpectator - Off topic, but that's one really long gif you got in your sig. It had me on edge, and I applaud whoever had the time to make it.
XD haha, yes it's a wonderful animation. The guy who did them has about 4 more, one that's a full battle, and others that are 1 x 1 battles. They are very well done :3 I'm sure if you google 'animated pokemon battle' you could find the link to his thread with all his animations in it :3

Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoSpectator View Post
Hmm, I can't say much for the 5th Gen since I don't know enough about how they can battle to really say they are the most powerful and cute Pokemon, although I have to say, Victini seems to be one of those craftly little buggers with a lot of power in a tiny body :3

I'd say that some Pokemon with a lot of potential would be Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone. Put all four of those in a team, raised well, and you'd have a pretty decent team. OF course, that's just my opinion.

I've actually made Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone as main Pokemon in my team once and they fared pretty well in most battles, but I had other Pokes with me to make up for any weakness they had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Victini. All the way. It's just, most Pokemon that are depicted as cute Pokemon, are either first stage Pokemon or Pokemon that are just supposed to be weak, however Victini kinda broke that by being overly powerful. Of course it depends on which Pokemon you find cute, since some may find some of the stronger ones to be cute, however since this is our personal opinion, I'm going with Victini, out from personal experiences. I haven't ever used that Pokemon that much or even know much about it, however the few times I've used it in Pokemon Online, it's been amazing, and definitely the strongest Pokemon which I've found to be cute.
Hmm... Anyone think Victini is just too cute for that? Maybe Victini just wants to have fun and hence is too powerful for its own good. But that's a good thing, no? But I want it to stay that way xD
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho

Well I think the fact that it might be overpowered and would rather be more lax kind of adds to Victini's background and character. I don't know if this is just me, but I love imagining different back-stories for a large chunk of the Pokemon I encounter since it makes my game more interesting overall.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Old December 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Glad I saw that gif when I did... I mean, uh...

Actually, I like imagining back stories too, so you're not alone there. However, I do it on an individual basis, and not per species or for legendaries only. But hey, it's still fun.

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:16 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Sometimes it's fun to explore "backstories" that you make up while you're dreaming. Don't you agree? *hugs Victini*
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

I'm not sure backstories are that relevant to cute Pokemon only though. I think it might be something that's better to discuss in, say, Legendary club, considering part of what makes a lot of the legendary Pokemon interesting are their backstories and such.

And I think I agree on Victini, however I'm not sure it's actually such a good thing. Victini was most likely granted it's powers because it needed to protect something, however considering its playful nature, and how little it appears to actually use its powers (looking at the movie), I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be honest. It could be that it didn't take its own strength into consideration while playing, and accidentally ended up hurting other Pokemon in play. Not very likely since it should probably know its own powers, but it's still a possibility. I just don't really think a playful nature together with great strength is a very good combination.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

That depends on what you imply by backstory, though.

It's the difference between telling you my own backstory versus the backstory (history) of the human race. I know you mean the latter in this case, but I dunno if everyone's talking about the same thing because there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity.

Also, going by what you said, I'd also doubt Victini wouldn't be aware of its own strength after a while unless it was scatterbrained.

Old January 4th, 2013, 07:24 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Name: CourageHound
Favorite Pokemon Game: My first ever pokemon game was mystery dungeon red rescue team and it and PMD2 have been my fav pokemon games...until black 2 came out. Now they are both tied.
Why I'm Joining: Aside from the obvious factor that cute pokemon are adorable i'm also interesting to view the opinions of others as to see if we all have the same view on whats "cute" or not.
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Tepig(Dynamite) and Munchlax(Goble)
Current Topic: Which is your favorite cute pokemon? Has it Changed? (at least I think that's the topic X: )
Almost each gen I've had a new favorite cute pokemon. In Gen 1 it was bulbasaur, gen 2 cyndaquil/quilava, gen 3 cynda/quilava still reined supreme, 4th gen...came Munchlax...oh gawd munchlax. Hes like the absolute CUTEST thing ever!! That was until 5th gth came and tepig was introduced, now Tepig is my fav. Even so there's and extremely small margin between them. Like:
Spoiler:

Cuteness Factor: over 9000!!! Chance of Resistance: Null Original Artist: Nooby-Banana
I'm interested to see what gen 6 brings us
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I'm not sure backstories are that relevant to cute Pokemon only though. I think it might be something that's better to discuss in, say, Legendary club, considering part of what makes a lot of the legendary Pokemon interesting are their backstories and such.

And I think I agree on Victini, however I'm not sure it's actually such a good thing. Victini was most likely granted it's powers because it needed to protect something, however considering its playful nature, and how little it appears to actually use its powers (looking at the movie), I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be honest. It could be that it didn't take its own strength into consideration while playing, and accidentally ended up hurting other Pokemon in play. Not very likely since it should probably know its own powers, but it's still a possibility. I just don't really think a playful nature together with great strength is a very good combination.
Hmm... yeah, but we're also talking about something that is cute and playful at the same time. Perhaps I'm a bit loose or something, but I do love myself some slightly not-quite-right topics here, if only to promote topic diversity and activity.

Victini... well, I've always thought that there might be something behind it, but apart from the movie, I've always made it more of a side... thing. Besides, I think I find myself preoccupied with staring at its funny-looking face. Especially when it's smiling.

Sounds like something... a disaster waiting to happen? I hope not. *gulp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
That depends on what you imply by backstory, though.

It's the difference between telling you my own backstory versus the backstory (history) of the human race. I know you mean the latter in this case, but I dunno if everyone's talking about the same thing because there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity.

Also, going by what you said, I'd also doubt Victini wouldn't be aware of its own strength after a while unless it was scatterbrained.
Who knows? Maybe Victini really is a scatterbrain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Name: CourageHound
Favorite Pokemon Game: My first ever pokemon game was mystery dungeon red rescue team and it and PMD2 have been my fav pokemon games...until black 2 came out. Now they are both tied.
Why I'm Joining: Aside from the obvious factor that cute pokemon are adorable i'm also interesting to view the opinions of others as to see if we all have the same view on whats "cute" or not.
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Tepig(Dynamite) and Munchlax(Goble)
Current Topic: Which is your favorite cute pokemon? Has it Changed? (at least I think that's the topic X: )
Almost each gen I've had a new favorite cute pokemon. In Gen 1 it was bulbasaur, gen 2 cyndaquil/quilava, gen 3 cynda/quilava still reined supreme, 4th gen...came Munchlax...oh gawd munchlax. Hes like the absolute CUTEST thing ever!! That was until 5th gth came and tepig was introduced, now Tepig is my fav. Even so there's and extremely small margin between them. Like:
Spoiler:

Cuteness Factor: over 9000!!! Chance of Resistance: Null Original Artist: Nooby-Banana
I'm interested to see what gen 6 brings us
Tepig. Tepig. TEPIG! But I like Quilava a lot, too. But-but-but-Tepig is so chubby and the like~

I'm torn if I have to pick between these two. There's a reason why I want a Victini - no way to pick, huh? xD
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
CourageHound

Yea victini is pretty cute. But idk, i just have this thing about legendaries...
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

So yeah, I found this somewhere. I'm not a MLP fan, but I'm big on you-know-who. Attached because I saved it to my harddrive, and I don't recall where I got it anymore, but its got a sig, so credit goes to them.

Just trying to liven it up in here.

*stares at the thumbnail for a while* ... fffffssssshhhhhhakmdlkasahnoisosjpamlacnn ohh good gosh it's too darn cute! I'd take her over every other Pokemon anywhere ever all the time! *gets belted over the head with a steel pipe, and is slowly dragged out of the topic, possibly to an asylum*
Attached Images
File Type: png 1356701486_spotty-servine_nidoshy.png‎ (272.7 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Patrick; January 9th, 2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

New topic:
Who's the cutest of the XY starter bunch?

Post images to support :3
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Fennekin is the cutiest imo, by a lot. tho I'm still picking Froakie because of its water typing
Warning: Large Images
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I rest my case.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; January 10th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:38 PM
CourageHound

Looking at their artwork, overall public opinion, and the post above I will not contest that fennekin is arguably the cutest of the three. All three are cute, but Fennekin has that adorable fox trump card up its sleave. My future X/Y starter being froakie I would contest that he's just as cute or even cuter than Fennekin. Arguably, he is but i'm just gunna leave it Fennekin being cutest as Froakie is overuled by the general population of Fennekin lovers.
But what I think Froakie trumps Fennekin in is its more interesting design.
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

I guess the fox thing sorta wins by default, I get the feeling we're dealing with a stacked deck, here.

I like the frog better, though. It's cuter to me in the sense that it's unique looking. I feel like the others have a "been there, done that" design to them.

Old January 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post

Looking at their artwork, overall public opinion, and the post above I will not contest that fennekin is arguably the cutest of the three. All three are cute, but Fennekin has that adorable fox trump card up its sleave. My future X/Y starter being froakie I would contest that he's just as cute or even cuter than Fennekin. Arguably, he is but i'm just gunna leave it Fennekin being cutest as Froakie is overuled by the general population of Fennekin lovers.
But what I think Froakie trumps Fennekin in is its more interesting design.
Peer pressure shouldn't effect what you're going to say. :)
And Froakie is still cute and my starter of choice, he's just not as cute as Fennekin.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
CourageHound

Lol its not peer pressure. I'm just simulating my perception of the starters without any pre-concieved notions or bias and I do think fenneken is a tad bit cuter than froakie. Now with those thoughts in mind, I will in fact say that froakie is alot cuter. But even so, I do think your pics will trump any artwork i've seen so far of froakie.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I think I want to Chespin now. Why? He's pretty cute :3 I like Grass types too, so I guess it's Chespin land for me. Chespin chespin che?

Image OVERLOAD

But still...

Every. Single. One. They're adorable!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid

Hm... I think they're all really adorable. But Fennekin will probably take the top since it's small and fluffy, which are all popular traits among fans. They're all really adorable though, I mean come on! Look at 'em:

Spoiler:

Who can say no? *~*

pair clubs
family twin
my star
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
CourageHound

Yea this gen came up with some adorable starters. Fennekin has that cute charm about itself. Froakie not only is a frog but also has that giant irresistable eyes factor. Chespin's cute cuz it looks so adorable and happy.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I find Chespin to be the cheerful guy in a lot of fanart.
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
CourageHound

They all seem to be cheerful and happy. Common in alot of depictions for starter pokemon(excluding snivy aka smugleaf). think their anime apearences will possibly influenc weather or not people view them as cute. More so for froakie I guess

Sponsored Links

Advertise here