The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
MonoSpectator's Avatar
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Drifting through a river of possibilities
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Hmm, I can't say much for the 5th Gen since I don't know enough about how they can battle to really say they are the most powerful and cute Pokemon, although I have to say, Victini seems to be one of those craftly little buggers with a lot of power in a tiny body :3

I'd say that some Pokemon with a lot of potential would be Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone. Put all four of those in a team, raised well, and you'd have a pretty decent team. OF course, that's just my opinion.

I've actually made Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone as main Pokemon in my team once and they fared pretty well in most battles, but I had other Pokes with me to make up for any weakness they had.
__________________


I have Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~

Last edited by MonoSpectator; December 23rd, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
  #302    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Victini. All the way. It's just, most Pokemon that are depicted as cute Pokemon, are either first stage Pokemon or Pokemon that are just supposed to be weak, however Victini kinda broke that by being overly powerful. Of course it depends on which Pokemon you find cute, since some may find some of the stronger ones to be cute, however since this is our personal opinion, I'm going with Victini, out from personal experiences. I haven't ever used that Pokemon that much or even know much about it, however the few times I've used it in Pokemon Online, it's been amazing, and definitely the strongest Pokemon which I've found to be cute.
__________________
  #303    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Nature: Sassy
@MonoSpectator - Off topic, but that's one really long gif you got in your sig. It had me on edge, and I applaud whoever had the time to make it.
__________________

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

  #304    
Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
MonoSpectator's Avatar
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Drifting through a river of possibilities
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
@MonoSpectator - Off topic, but that's one really long gif you got in your sig. It had me on edge, and I applaud whoever had the time to make it.
XD haha, yes it's a wonderful animation. The guy who did them has about 4 more, one that's a full battle, and others that are 1 x 1 battles. They are very well done :3 I'm sure if you google 'animated pokemon battle' you could find the link to his thread with all his animations in it :3
__________________


I have Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~
  #305    
Old December 25th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoSpectator View Post
Hmm, I can't say much for the 5th Gen since I don't know enough about how they can battle to really say they are the most powerful and cute Pokemon, although I have to say, Victini seems to be one of those craftly little buggers with a lot of power in a tiny body :3

I'd say that some Pokemon with a lot of potential would be Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone. Put all four of those in a team, raised well, and you'd have a pretty decent team. OF course, that's just my opinion.

I've actually made Ralts, Mawile, and Cubone as main Pokemon in my team once and they fared pretty well in most battles, but I had other Pokes with me to make up for any weakness they had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Victini. All the way. It's just, most Pokemon that are depicted as cute Pokemon, are either first stage Pokemon or Pokemon that are just supposed to be weak, however Victini kinda broke that by being overly powerful. Of course it depends on which Pokemon you find cute, since some may find some of the stronger ones to be cute, however since this is our personal opinion, I'm going with Victini, out from personal experiences. I haven't ever used that Pokemon that much or even know much about it, however the few times I've used it in Pokemon Online, it's been amazing, and definitely the strongest Pokemon which I've found to be cute.
Hmm... Anyone think Victini is just too cute for that? Maybe Victini just wants to have fun and hence is too powerful for its own good. But that's a good thing, no? But I want it to stay that way xD
__________________
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
  #306    
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM
MonoSpectator's Avatar
MonoSpectator
Neighborhood Psycho
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Drifting through a river of possibilities
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Well I think the fact that it might be overpowered and would rather be more lax kind of adds to Victini's background and character. I don't know if this is just me, but I love imagining different back-stories for a large chunk of the Pokemon I encounter since it makes my game more interesting overall.


Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
__________________


I have Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Friend Code: 4785 - 5940 - 4980 (Poison Friend Safari Kakuna/Ariados/Muk - PM me to add me!)

~Tumblr/Youtube/FictionPress/FIMFiction/deviantART/GPXPlus/Figment Writing Profile ~
  #307    
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Nature: Sassy
Glad I saw that gif when I did... I mean, uh...

Actually, I like imagining back stories too, so you're not alone there. However, I do it on an individual basis, and not per species or for legendaries only. But hey, it's still fun.
__________________

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

  #308    
Old January 1st, 2013, 02:16 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Sometimes it's fun to explore "backstories" that you make up while you're dreaming. Don't you agree? *hugs Victini*
__________________
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
  #309    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
I'm not sure backstories are that relevant to cute Pokemon only though. I think it might be something that's better to discuss in, say, Legendary club, considering part of what makes a lot of the legendary Pokemon interesting are their backstories and such.

And I think I agree on Victini, however I'm not sure it's actually such a good thing. Victini was most likely granted it's powers because it needed to protect something, however considering its playful nature, and how little it appears to actually use its powers (looking at the movie), I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be honest. It could be that it didn't take its own strength into consideration while playing, and accidentally ended up hurting other Pokemon in play. Not very likely since it should probably know its own powers, but it's still a possibility. I just don't really think a playful nature together with great strength is a very good combination.
__________________
  #310    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Nature: Sassy
That depends on what you imply by backstory, though.

It's the difference between telling you my own backstory versus the backstory (history) of the human race. I know you mean the latter in this case, but I dunno if everyone's talking about the same thing because there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity.

Also, going by what you said, I'd also doubt Victini wouldn't be aware of its own strength after a while unless it was scatterbrained.
__________________

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

  #311    
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:24 AM
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Name: CourageHound
Favorite Pokemon Game: My first ever pokemon game was mystery dungeon red rescue team and it and PMD2 have been my fav pokemon games...until black 2 came out. Now they are both tied.
Why I'm Joining: Aside from the obvious factor that cute pokemon are adorable i'm also interesting to view the opinions of others as to see if we all have the same view on whats "cute" or not.
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Tepig(Dynamite) and Munchlax(Goble)
Current Topic: Which is your favorite cute pokemon? Has it Changed? (at least I think that's the topic X: )
Almost each gen I've had a new favorite cute pokemon. In Gen 1 it was bulbasaur, gen 2 cyndaquil/quilava, gen 3 cynda/quilava still reined supreme, 4th gen...came Munchlax...oh gawd munchlax. Hes like the absolute CUTEST thing ever!! That was until 5th gth came and tepig was introduced, now Tepig is my fav. Even so there's and extremely small margin between them. Like:
Spoiler:

Cuteness Factor: over 9000!!! Chance of Resistance: Null Original Artist: Nooby-Banana
I'm interested to see what gen 6 brings us
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
  #312    
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I'm not sure backstories are that relevant to cute Pokemon only though. I think it might be something that's better to discuss in, say, Legendary club, considering part of what makes a lot of the legendary Pokemon interesting are their backstories and such.

And I think I agree on Victini, however I'm not sure it's actually such a good thing. Victini was most likely granted it's powers because it needed to protect something, however considering its playful nature, and how little it appears to actually use its powers (looking at the movie), I'm not sure it's such a good thing to be honest. It could be that it didn't take its own strength into consideration while playing, and accidentally ended up hurting other Pokemon in play. Not very likely since it should probably know its own powers, but it's still a possibility. I just don't really think a playful nature together with great strength is a very good combination.
Hmm... yeah, but we're also talking about something that is cute and playful at the same time. Perhaps I'm a bit loose or something, but I do love myself some slightly not-quite-right topics here, if only to promote topic diversity and activity.

Victini... well, I've always thought that there might be something behind it, but apart from the movie, I've always made it more of a side... thing. Besides, I think I find myself preoccupied with staring at its funny-looking face. Especially when it's smiling.

Sounds like something... a disaster waiting to happen? I hope not. *gulp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
That depends on what you imply by backstory, though.

It's the difference between telling you my own backstory versus the backstory (history) of the human race. I know you mean the latter in this case, but I dunno if everyone's talking about the same thing because there doesn't seem to be a lot of clarity.

Also, going by what you said, I'd also doubt Victini wouldn't be aware of its own strength after a while unless it was scatterbrained.
Who knows? Maybe Victini really is a scatterbrain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Name: CourageHound
Favorite Pokemon Game: My first ever pokemon game was mystery dungeon red rescue team and it and PMD2 have been my fav pokemon games...until black 2 came out. Now they are both tied.
Why I'm Joining: Aside from the obvious factor that cute pokemon are adorable i'm also interesting to view the opinions of others as to see if we all have the same view on whats "cute" or not.
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Tepig(Dynamite) and Munchlax(Goble)
Current Topic: Which is your favorite cute pokemon? Has it Changed? (at least I think that's the topic X: )
Almost each gen I've had a new favorite cute pokemon. In Gen 1 it was bulbasaur, gen 2 cyndaquil/quilava, gen 3 cynda/quilava still reined supreme, 4th gen...came Munchlax...oh gawd munchlax. Hes like the absolute CUTEST thing ever!! That was until 5th gth came and tepig was introduced, now Tepig is my fav. Even so there's and extremely small margin between them. Like:
Spoiler:

Cuteness Factor: over 9000!!! Chance of Resistance: Null Original Artist: Nooby-Banana
I'm interested to see what gen 6 brings us
Tepig. Tepig. TEPIG! But I like Quilava a lot, too. But-but-but-Tepig is so chubby and the like~

I'm torn if I have to pick between these two. There's a reason why I want a Victini - no way to pick, huh? xD
__________________
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
  #313    
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Yea victini is pretty cute. But idk, i just have this thing about legendaries...
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
  #314    
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Nature: Sassy
So yeah, I found this somewhere. I'm not a MLP fan, but I'm big on you-know-who. Attached because I saved it to my harddrive, and I don't recall where I got it anymore, but its got a sig, so credit goes to them.

Just trying to liven it up in here.

*stares at the thumbnail for a while* ... fffffssssshhhhhhakmdlkasahnoisosjpamlacnn ohh good gosh it's too darn cute! I'd take her over every other Pokemon anywhere ever all the time! *gets belted over the head with a steel pipe, and is slowly dragged out of the topic, possibly to an asylum*
Attached Images
File Type: png 1356701486_spotty-servine_nidoshy.png‎ (272.7 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
__________________

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!


Last edited by Patrick; January 9th, 2013 at 07:02 PM.
  #315    
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
New topic:
Who's the cutest of the XY starter bunch?

Post images to support :3
__________________
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
  #316    
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Fennekin is the cutiest imo, by a lot. tho I'm still picking Froakie because of its water typing
Warning: Large Images
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I rest my case.
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.


Last edited by Cosmotone8; January 10th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
  #317    
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:38 PM
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Who's the cutest of the XY starter bunch?

Looking at their artwork, overall public opinion, and the post above I will not contest that fennekin is arguably the cutest of the three. All three are cute, but Fennekin has that adorable fox trump card up its sleave. My future X/Y starter being froakie I would contest that he's just as cute or even cuter than Fennekin. Arguably, he is but i'm just gunna leave it Fennekin being cutest as Froakie is overuled by the general population of Fennekin lovers.
But what I think Froakie trumps Fennekin in is its more interesting design.
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
  #318    
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Patrick's Avatar
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Nature: Sassy
I guess the fox thing sorta wins by default, I get the feeling we're dealing with a stacked deck, here.

I like the frog better, though. It's cuter to me in the sense that it's unique looking. I feel like the others have a "been there, done that" design to them.
__________________

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

  #319    
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Who's the cutest of the XY starter bunch?

Looking at their artwork, overall public opinion, and the post above I will not contest that fennekin is arguably the cutest of the three. All three are cute, but Fennekin has that adorable fox trump card up its sleave. My future X/Y starter being froakie I would contest that he's just as cute or even cuter than Fennekin. Arguably, he is but i'm just gunna leave it Fennekin being cutest as Froakie is overuled by the general population of Fennekin lovers.
But what I think Froakie trumps Fennekin in is its more interesting design.
Peer pressure shouldn't effect what you're going to say. :)
And Froakie is still cute and my starter of choice, he's just not as cute as Fennekin.
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

  #320    
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Lol its not peer pressure. I'm just simulating my perception of the starters without any pre-concieved notions or bias and I do think fenneken is a tad bit cuter than froakie. Now with those thoughts in mind, I will in fact say that froakie is alot cuter. But even so, I do think your pics will trump any artwork i've seen so far of froakie.
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
  #321    
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
I think I want to Chespin now. Why? He's pretty cute :3 I like Grass types too, so I guess it's Chespin land for me. Chespin chespin che?

Image OVERLOAD

But still...

Every. Single. One. They're adorable!
__________________
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
  #322    
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sindria
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Who's the cutest of the XY starter bunch?

Hm... I think they're all really adorable. But Fennekin will probably take the top since it's small and fluffy, which are all popular traits among fans. They're all really adorable though, I mean come on! Look at 'em:

Spoiler:


Who can say no? *~*
__________________

pair clubs
family twin
my star
  #323    
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Yea this gen came up with some adorable starters. Fennekin has that cute charm about itself. Froakie not only is a frog but also has that giant irresistable eyes factor. Chespin's cute cuz it looks so adorable and happy.
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
  #324    
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
I find Chespin to be the cheerful guy in a lot of fanart.
__________________
Hey, it's Twiggy here. Or Twiggy, if you prefer. I like Servine and Noivern a lot. I'm paired with Kip. I like Katy Perry. I want a Chespin plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
Links
  #325    
Old February 5th, 2013, 07:20 PM
CourageHound's Avatar
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
They all seem to be cheerful and happy. Common in alot of depictions for starter pokemon(excluding snivy aka smugleaf). think their anime apearences will possibly influenc weather or not people view them as cute. More so for froakie I guess
__________________
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.