The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Lvl.100 Mewtwo
Pokemon > Life.

Nature: Bashful

Advertise here
By far my favorite would have to Be Haxorus.
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Loner_grunger

Nature: Lonely
I hate Garbodor, not only because it' poison type, but also because it reminds me of every time i have to take out the garbage xD(seriously). I also don't like alomomola, it looks like a pair of gloves sewn together to me. In the other hand, I like a lot of the new pokemon. Samurott is awesomely cool, and serperior too. Haxorus and Hydreigon are just draconic power and emolga is cute :3 Also, cryogonal's desing is pretty elaborate IMO so it's nice
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Chris41279
Beginning Trainer

I would have to agree with some in this thread!

That Conkeldurr is by far my fav! Granted, there are some seriously wicked designs in Gen V. I can understand many not liking them, but if Pokemon (as a genre) is to "Evolve" (no pun intended (or is it)), then so must the variety of Pokemon.

But anyways, Conk just looks SUPER imposing to me! I can just imagine him standing there saying "CONK SMASH!!!" (In his best Hulk immitation LoL)

As for my least favorite? Hmm, thats a good question... I am very open to new design. So i can't say i hated any. I thought Gothita was a bit aweful honestly. I named her Stripper and put her in my PC to collect dust and rot. And her evolutions? All they did was take the bra and multiply it.. Gothita has 1 bra, Gothorita has 2 and Gothitelle has 4.... I mean, come on now.. Seriously? If Pokemon had a brothel, it'd be infested with Gothorita's.. LOL Kinda poor taste IMO. Although im sure there's a group of young boy's out there with a Gothorita fan club! LOL
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris41279 View Post

As for my least favorite? Hmm, thats a good question... I am very open to new design. So i can't say i hated any. I thought Gothita was a bit aweful honestly. I named her Stripper and put her in my PC to collect dust and rot. And her evolutions? All they did was take the bra and multiply it.. Gothita has 1 bra, Gothorita has 2 and Gothitelle has 4.... I mean, come on now.. Seriously? If Pokemon had a brothel, it'd be infested with Gothorita's.. LOL Kinda poor taste IMO. Although im sure there's a group of young boy's out there with a Gothorita fan club! LOL
well Gothita and Gothorita are based on the Gothic lolita concept and Gothitelle based on the gypsy fortune teller
And those are not bras but bows

Old May 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Chris41279
Beginning Trainer

Well, while they may be bows. They were surely placed strategically enough, and shaped appropriately to be the other. Or then again my mind could just be too mature minded for its own good sometimes LOL
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
GoombaGeek
what does this box do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris41279 View Post
Well, while they may be bows. They were surely placed strategically enough, and shaped appropriately to be the other. Or then again my mind could just be too mature minded for its own good sometimes LOL
Considering they don't have any straps and have that big obvious middle knot then yes, I think this one is entirely your fault.
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Chris41279
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoombaGeek View Post
Considering they don't have any straps and have that big obvious middle knot then yes, I think this one is entirely your fault.

Well, unfortunately i am going to have to call you out on this one. There is definitely ZERO visibility of ANY form of a knot.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ok%C3%A9mon%29

Nowhere does it show a knot. It shows the two oval shapes coming together.
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Nesferxty
*90s Kid Forever*

Nature: Quirky
My favs are a toss up between Liepard (reminds me of my Bengal cat haha!) and Deerling for the cutness and colour changing in the seasons.

I HATE Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe...I dont really appreciate having a pokemon that looks like an icecream
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM
JD_Kurosaki
Beginning Trainer

I hate most of the designs in 5th gen, but there are a few I kinda like. My favourite would have to be Oshawott, although I hate Dewott and Samurott. I also like Trubbish, but really really dislike Garbodor.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
despite what most people say, i like all of the pokemon in 5th gen, but i will admit that they could have been made with a bit more care and a bit more effort, then we would have seen the true pokemon masters making their masterpiece!

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Chardregionite
Beginning Trainer

Favorite non-legends: Hydregion, Zoroark, Eelektross, and Chandelure
Favorite legend: Kyurem
Least favorite non-legends: Stoutland, Scoliopede, Basculin, Beheeyem, Stunfisk, and Durant
Least favorite legend: Terrakion

Sorry I couldn't narrow it down to one in each category! lol
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:07 AM
KivaSnS
Beginning Trainer

Gothita, Gothorita, and Gothitelle are my favorites and I dont have a least favorite.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cyru
-

Am i the only one that likes Garbodor? I don't agree with many non-animal Pokémon but this one i liked, just because of how creative it was! I mean sure, the movepool was a bit strange, but i loved it! If there had to be a pokemon i disliked, it'd have to be Druddigon, what a disappointment that was. It was just ugly...
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
realdonnyv

Favourite- Krookodile. Also, am I the only one who likes Sigilyph?
Least Favourite- Vaniluxxe. It's an ice cream. Also Id throw Emboar in because Darmanitan and Chandelure are so much better
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
farihazach
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
My favorite is definitely Oshawott. It's a baby otter, so how could you not love it?

Least favorite would be Amoonguss. Whereas Foongus is kinda cute, Amoonguss just looks silly.

Everything is coming up Milhouse, guys.

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:20 AM
alphabeast18
Beginning Trainer

so far my favorite is liligant. with the right move set she is amazing and her design is awesome. i think my least favorite is vanillite and its evolutions....
Old May 21st, 2012, 02:54 PM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
Galvantula is amazing! STAB Thunder that's 91% accurate, plus it has a cool design (IMO).

Least favorite... I found Purrloin and Liepard to be pretty "meh" worthy. Just kinda forgettable.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Charvisioku
Psyduck Fanatic

I'm not really a fan of Gen V. BUT I absolutely love Accelgor's design. He is one cool mofo. Palpitoad is another favourite - I love the weird little head wobble animation he has in-battle. And Conkeldurr is awesome. Okay so there were some gems in G5.

As for least favourite... the Simi trio. Wtf, seriously? Fire monkey, grass monkey, water monkey? What were they trying to achieve there, exactly? Just... fail.

Very intrigued to see Gen VI, just for comedy value. I reckon it'll be quite funny. I laughed my head off when I saw Woobat and Swoobat. Good lord...

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdonnyv View Post
Also, am I the only one who likes Sigilyph?
Nope, Sygilyph is pretty cool xD

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Charvisioku; May 22nd, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:11 PM
SethGallahad
Knight of Legends

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SethGallahad Send a message via Skype™ to SethGallahad
I like Haxorus and Serperior.

Stunk fish was extremely disappointing. So was Emboar.
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
ixin
Beginning Trainer

As you might be able to tell from my sig, my favorite pokes of gen V is the reuniclus line. They just look so great. Duosion may be one of the only middle stage pokes in all gens that I really like.

Old May 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
LadyFaust
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFaust
Favourites: Serperior, Litwick (& evolutions), Munna, Meloetta, Audino, Deerling, Vanillite
Least Favourites: Amoongus, Foongus, Stunfisk.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Plusleminun
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
Favorites: Haxorus, Zekrom, Trubbish

Least favorites: Can't think of any xD I used to dislike Watchog because how it looks, but now I think it's a an awesome Pokémon catcher (mean look + super fang + false swipe) and Basculin because it appears everywhere. However, I like to EV train my Pokémon these days, and often in speed, so I need Basculin to appear everywhere now.
Old May 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Bika
lmfao

Favorite: Hydreigon~

Least favorite: Beartic. I just think it looks weird and awkward...
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Favorites:

Probably my favorite of them all! It's both cute in its own way and cool at the same time.

I chose the Spring design because of the pink flowers. Lol.

Very simplistic, but at the same cute. Not fond of its evolutions at all, though.

Least favorites:

I'm okay with Oshawott, and Samurott is actually a very neat design, but this one? No... It's just... I don't know how to put it. Lame? Yes, that's the word: Lame.

Likewise, I feel the same about the monkey trio's final evolutions, as well as Tepig's evolutions.

Tornadus and the other legendaries like it aren't for me either.
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
DarkAbsolX
Pokemon World Champion 50Times

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkAbsolX
It's my turn now.

Favourites (not by order) :

Just like it.

It looks badass.

Who doesn't like this viper?

Kinda reminds me of an Aerodactyl with feathers.

Love the design.

My favourite in the Black/White games. It's awesome. Wonderful design.

I love dragons.

I love dragon.

I like the design.

I find it funny

And i don't like these:

And the other gear pokemon. They are stupid.

And the evolution. A garbage bag? Come on, we want real pokemon.

It starts as an ice cream ball, to a two ball ice cream with one cone and then a two ball ice cream with three cones . Lack of creativity.

Last edited by DarkAbsolX; May 30th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here