Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 3rd, 2012 (03:30 AM).
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Liepard, defiantly. I really liked it's design, as a lot of people have said. But I found it wasn't good at all and was a major let down. However, in game it did pull some wins for me when the other Pokemon in my team weren't doing much.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (06:27 AM).
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Reshiram - I just couldn't get on with it. Despite it's typing it looks so much like other legendaries out there.
Liepard - I liked it's design, but I didn't like it.
The klink line -

Old April 3rd, 2012 (06:40 AM).
Bladedancing sniper, yeh seems right
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Liepard, i hated it when i saw it the first time, though i gave it a try and it failed hard...
Old April 3rd, 2012 (07:08 PM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Blitzle was a let down, just not as strong as I thought it would be. And as much as I love the design/concept, Jellicent just wasn't as good as I expected. Really slow which just hurt it too much (at least on my team) Still love the design though :/
Old April 4th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
✧ leave it to me!

The only one I was really looking forward to using, but ended up being disappointed in, was Reuniclus. I'm trying to think why that's the case, and it may be because it's so slow. Yet I was perfectly fine with using Amoonguss, which has the same base speed stat...
Old April 4th, 2012 (06:06 AM).
carcinoGeneticist
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Zephele:
The only one I was really looking forward to using, but ended up being disappointed in, was Reuniclus. I'm trying to think why that's the case, and it may be because it's so slow. Yet I was perfectly fine with using Amoonguss, which has the same base speed stat...
I didn't find Reuniclus disappointing, I tried one out and it was awesome.

Amoonguss really didn't live up to my standards, it didn't suit my battling style.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old April 4th, 2012 (06:32 AM).
✧ leave it to me!

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
I didn't find Reuniclus disappointing, I tried one out and it was awesome.

Amoonguss really didn't live up to my standards, it didn't suit my battling style.
I think it's because I set up (relatively) high expectations for it based purely on its design when it was first revealed (which is silly, I know). Don't get me wrong; when it worked, it worked really well. But I think the frustration I got from it dying repeatedly (from being out-sped) while I was levelling it up sort of compounded until it evolved, then I just stopped using it. I'll likely give it another chance if I reset my game for another playthrough, though.

Amoonguss is definitely not my style either, since I prefer fast, 'sweeper'-type Pokemon in-game, but I was surprised with how well it did in my mono-Grass playthrough.
Old April 4th, 2012 (07:07 AM).
Emulation Noob

My friends and I figured out our teams based off the sprite sheet that was online before the game even came out and i'd say the most disappointing pokemon for me would be:
Reuniclus (It's stats didn't fit well for an offensive battling style later on in the game)
Zebstrika (I gave up on it, it just was not powerful enough to deal out the damage required to pokemon at higher levels)
Dieno (I was so pumped for a dragon that evolved higher than 55, but it's ability (and it's second evolutions ability) hurt it's value on my team greatly, anything that sacrifices accuracy for me is a giant no no.
Pignite (I thought maybe they would revamp the moves with the third consecutive Fire Fighting final starter evolution, but no)

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old April 4th, 2012 (07:49 AM).
Spider-Man
Silver Tier

Purrloin/Liepard. Really cool looking cat Pokemon that are sadly a real trial to train and use.
Old April 4th, 2012 (09:12 AM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
After my first playthrough, I was disappointed in my Reuniclus, but then I checked the nature: it was Adamant. After that letdown, I tried one again and was blown away by the PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (Sorry about that).

As for actual disappointments, Samurott was definitely one worth mentioning. It just wasn't strong enough later in-game, but then again, there weren't many Water-types in this generation. Once I beat that run-through, I decided that Samurott was definitely the worst Water starter.

Druddigon and Liepard were awfully disappointing as well, looking cool, but in actuality being quite weak.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old April 4th, 2012 (10:12 AM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I was disappointed with it my first time through the game, but once I got to post game, and obtained another Solosis to train for another chance I suppose, I thought it was amazing. It's meant to be a Trick Room star, so it's not as fun to use in-game I don't think. Especially if you like speedy Pokemon, like me.

Purrloin is such a cute and classy looking Pokemon, and Liepard as well. I was really, really disappointed with it. It's a pain to train and use, but it seems like everyone else in the game has one that's awesome. Like...idk if mine sucked a lot or if NPCs just haxed me, but that ain't fair. Same goes for Zebstrika. I was happy to get a zebra Pokemon, and it just...didn't do anything for me. I can't even stand seeing it on people's teams cause I just think "...WHY. THERE ARE BETTER ELECTRIC TYPES!!" :( And, like Liepard, some NPCs have kick ass Zebstrika and I'm wondering if they cheated.

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old April 4th, 2012 (10:47 AM).
Banned

Nature: Brave
Poor Liepard. Guess I'll never use one.
Old April 4th, 2012 (11:32 AM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Honestly... Reshiram and Zeckrom.

As far as legendaries go, they're easily the worse, and to have two games based around them, they are very disappointing. (Based purely on design.)
Old April 4th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Timid
Garbodor...I'm probably like the only person in the world that loves its design, but when I actually used one, I was disappoint at it's shallow movepool. Seriously, it's a physically offensive pokémon with nothing but special attacks. D:

It also looks like it should be a lot bulkier than it really is. >_>
Old April 4th, 2012 (02:28 PM).
carcinoGeneticist
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Elgyem:
After my first playthrough, I was disappointed in my Reuniclus, but then I checked the nature: it was Adamant. After that letdown, I tried one again and was blown away by the PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (Sorry about that).

As for actual disappointments, Samurott was definitely one worth mentioning. It just wasn't strong enough later in-game, but then again, there weren't many Water-types in this generation. Once I beat that run-through, I decided that Samurott was definitely the worst Water starter.

Druddigon and Liepard were awfully disappointing as well, looking cool, but in actuality being quite weak.
Druddigon has good Attack and nice defenses but the Speed is a letdown.

Liepard I 100% agree on, I trained one and it was difficult.

Samurott actually did well for me, mine may have had a Serious nature but it was still good.

So sad for your Adamant Reuniclus though, my brother caught a Jolly Solosis once.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old April 4th, 2012 (07:18 PM).

When I saw the sprites for the first time, Eelektross looked amazing to me (It still does) but it ended up not being all too good

Beheeyem too
Old April 4th, 2012 (10:09 PM).

Quote originally posted by Elgyem:

Wtf are you talking about dude?s&murott.
- x scissor
- megahorn

Name another water starter rhat can defend itself to a grass with spd priority. But the whole reason I decided to 'scald' you is that I also agree in it be%ng a disapointment.

Why?
Its final evolution looks like a 5th evolution more than a 3rd how the hell did a shell bearing otter turn into a slowking slaying salty sea dog in 19 levels
Old April 5th, 2012 (01:17 AM).
Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!

Mine was......I guess Archeops. It looked epic, but when I saw the ability, I was like "did Nintendo really need to ruin this guy?"

Samurott was also rotten. (LOL)
I used it as my first starter because it's quite balanced stat-wise, but all of it's moves where physical-based, while my special stat was higher......After that, I reset my game.

......What are you staring at?
Old April 5th, 2012 (03:01 AM).

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by WasSollDas:
Samurott was also rotten. (LOL)
I used it as my first starter because it's quite balanced stat-wise, but all of it's moves where physical-based, while my special stat was higher......After that, I reset my game.
next time try to swap the moves
i have 2 of it, a modest with Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Scald
and training an adamant Sword Dance Samurott...both are powerful, but i like the physical so much :D

btw the worst is Blitzle/Zebstrika. nice speed, special and physical stats, but the Def is terrible. just used to capture the stationaries with flash and paralyze :D

never tried Purrloin/Liepard...

Platinum FC: 0003 8568 4922
Heartgold FC: 3525 7235 4391
Black FC: 1249 3888 2710
Old April 5th, 2012 (06:25 AM).

Sorry to be contoversial but i liked liepard! It's great, mine had a anture that lowered its special attack and raised its defence, and i gave it defence and sp defence ev's so it wasnt as frail!

Also my swoobat was great aswell, it swept ghetis at level 50, appart from hydregion

My biggest letdown was Gigalith, if it had higher special attack it would be great, as it can learn power gem, solar beam etc, but it has a narrow physical movepool

Also alomomola...again due to low special attack
Old April 5th, 2012 (07:50 AM).

One PKMN that I really liked since the beginning was Gardobor, when I saw his move pool that was disapointing... I still like the design and so, it deserved a better move pool.
Old April 5th, 2012 (10:12 AM).

Lots of people say Purrloin/Liepard are disappointing... but they are one of those Pokemon which evolve quickly and become useless quickly as well. There should be nothing good to expect from Pokemon available from beginning of game and which evolve to final stage at lv 20.

I think Trubbish/Garbodor are disappointing because of their garbage movepool lacking of physical attacks.
Old April 5th, 2012 (10:16 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Well the elemental monkeys come to mind due to rather bland design, forgettable movepool, and mediocre stats in general, at least imo anyways.

Also Druddigon, my god was that thing a letdown when I used it in the Opelucid City Gym at the time but what made it such a burden for me was its god awful special attack and speed which didn't allow for much flexibility sadly imo.
Old April 5th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by DipKicks:
When I saw the sprites for the first time, Eelektross looked amazing to me (It still does) but it ended up not being all too good

Beheeyem too
I actually thought Eelektross was a really good Pokemon. It had good stats and a great ability, and I used it on my first playthrough and really liked it. As for Beheeyem, it lived up to my expectations as an alright Pokemon. It's main problem is that it was shunted to the middle of the Psychics of Generation V, being stronger than Musharna, Swoobat, and Gothitelle, but weaker than Reuniclus and Sigilyph.

I'm restarting my White soon, and I'm going to give Samurott a second chance. I'm going to try for a better nature.

Another disappointing Pokemon from this region was Golurk. I used it recently, and it was surprisingly unable to take hits. It also had a hard time beating anything, despite it's decent moveset. My Golurk's nature wasn't even bad (It was just a wildcard nature). It really let me down, and I definitely won't be using one again.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old April 5th, 2012 (11:31 AM).

Nature: Careful
Serperior was so bad. I, after 6 months of waiting, traded a Lillipup for an Oshawott, who is now level 97 and has sent my Serperior to the storage box.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)