The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2012 (12:08 AM).
Comerion
DGXZ

My least favorite were Reshiram, Zekrom, Serperior, Beartic and most of all Scolipede.

I hated the legendaries mainly because of their design, especially reshiram, it was just horrible to look at something which is entirely white!

As for serperior, being a snake I thought it would have high attack or atleast sp. attack, but it turns out it was the opposite. It has terrible offensive stats and moveset, and being a starter it should be able to hit harder. Restarted the game when I got to the 2nd gym.

On to Beartic, it completely disappointed me hugely, it was too slow and needed better defenses. It just kept dieing, and being outsped by like everything. Its learnset is also crap, by the time you have caught it all it learns is ice and normal moves(and rest).

Lastly is Scolipede. It looks baddass, but when I got round to using it it was too slow to level up and is too weak later in the game. It also learns crap moves, and with that has no defense or attack. All it has is speed which is useless considering its moves and the rest of its stats. One of my least favorite pokemon ever.
Old April 6th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
GarretCZ
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to GarretCZ
Vanilluxe. It fainted everytime it got hit by a attack and it never destroyed foes Pokemon by one hit.
Old April 6th, 2012 (03:52 PM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretCZ View Post
Vanilluxe. It fainted everytime it got hit by a attack and it never destroyed foes Pokemon by one hit.
I don't find Vanilluxe disappointing, it has very well-balanced stats.

It can even raise its Defense with Acid Armor. It's actually a very good Pokemon.
Old April 9th, 2012 (01:21 AM).
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Pokemon I found disappointing:

Blitzle & Zebstrika
A Zebra Pokemon was something I always wanted but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Blitzle's defenses are so low it falls easily so guys, if you are training one please give it an Exp. Share. After evolving, Zebstrika's defenses are finally patched up but a lack of good moves was bad. Mine was able to beat Elesa's whole team though cos I did an Attract + Shock Wave + Flame Charge strategy. At least the design is awesome.

Purrloin & Liepard
Its defenses are so frail and all its stats suck apart from Speed. Also, it starts out really weak offense-wise and takes way too long to learn Night Slash. Definitely the worst of the cat Pokemon IMO.

Trubbish & Garbodor
These Poison-types really stink, don't use them. They are physical-based but the problem is the only physical STAB move they learn is Gunk Shot which is so inaccurate. And the Garbodor with Weak Armor are even worse. Hate Garbodor...

Foongus & Amoonguss
These Pokemon are so crap, they are really sluggish and their attacks don't do much. I didn't really enjoy them a lot cos of that.

Stunfisk
One word, derp. Very slow and its like a terrible novelty Pokemon.

Heatmor
Definitely the worst of the Unova Fire-types.

Klink, Klang & Klinklang
I love these gears, they were OK. The problem is they are physical attackers and they don't have the right movepool to pull it off.

Pidove, Tranquill & Unfezant
I love the design, but the movepool is terrible. Physical based but the only physical Flying-type attacks they can learn are Fly, Pluck and Aerial Ace. I still enjoyed using Air Cutter/Air Slash on a Super Luck Unfezant equipped with Scope Lens. If you want to use this pigeon, get Super Luck for the ability cos Big Pecks is terrible.

Cryogonal
I love the design but its defense is so terrible despite being a special wall. It's like an Ice-type Blissey in some way. At least it gets an interesting movepool though.

Druddigon
One word, terrible Speed. Good movepool and abilities make up for it though.

Shelmet & Accelgor
They are very interesting but their strategies are so different. Shelmet uses defensive tactics but when it evolves, it has to adapt to being offensive. Accelgor's defenses and movepool sucked despite the cool design.

Karrablast & Escavalier
Cool designs but Escavalier's real dilemma is Speed. So sluggish everything will attack before it unless if it's Munchlax or Shuckle. Like Accelgor, Escavalier's movepool also didn't live up to expectations.

Alomomola
I like it's amazing support movepool but on the offensive spectrum, it's physical-based but lacks good physical Water-type attacks. Just focus on its support moves and you should be fine.

Woobat & Swoobat
The design looks cute and quirky but their stats all stink apart from Speed. At least they can learn Acrobatics, which is nice.

Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
I hate it cos when Zen Mode triggers, you are so close to getting knocked out which is bad considering Zen Mode slows Darmanitan down and turns it into a Special attacker. Sheer Force is the much better ability.
quoted for truth for everyone of them! Very good analysis! There were so many disappointments with pokemon in this gen.
Old April 9th, 2012 (03:16 AM).
Rechi
Beginning Trainer

The Snivy line all the way. I boxed it while it was a Servine because it either died in every battle or took forever to win because it had literally no attack power. It was the only starter I ever gave up on halfway through. Even Chikorita wasn't that bad
Old April 9th, 2012 (03:26 AM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechi View Post
The Snivy line all the way. I boxed it while it was a Servine because it either died in every battle or took forever to win because it had literally no attack power. It was the only starter I ever gave up on halfway through. Even Chikorita wasn't that bad
I tried all 3 out and Oshawott was the one I was most satisfied with, Tepig is 2nd best and Snivy is the worst.

Snivy = Good defenses and speed, terrible offenses and HP.
Tepig = Good offenses and HP, terrible defenses and speed.
Oshawott = All-rounder but leans towards the offensive spectrum.

I 100% agree with you Rechi.
Old April 10th, 2012 (12:51 AM).
flubbateios
Woof.

Nature: Docile
Samurott = OHKO with any decent electric/grass type move.
I think Serperior turns out the best, you don't need the offense in game.

I think I got disappointed with Zekrom,Powerful? ... and I keep OHKO'ing it.
Old April 10th, 2012 (12:19 PM).
hardmr
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to hardmr
One comes quickly to mind...
I personaly think Poison Pokemon are a waste of space, but seriously, Garbodor.
It is basically a pile of trash, (no pun intended) that can only beat Trubbishes and the occasional weedy Grass Pokemon, which aren't much better if you ask me.
On top of that, it's just scary. The stuff of nightmares.
I guess you just have to accept that evry generation has it's oddities, I mean, dont start me on Jynx...
Old April 10th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
Totaldile
appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!

OMG, Tepig, you useless pokemon.....
Dearie me if sucked. I played through first with Snivy, no trouble, then again with Oshawott; didn't evolve it because I loathe the design of the final evo. Struggled to beat Elite 4.

Super disappointed in the starters.
Old April 10th, 2012 (01:03 PM).
3L3MEN2
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
well i thought Garbodor was gonna be good but it was just useless
Old April 11th, 2012 (07:25 PM).
Madam Cheezy
Imakuni Trainee

It's been said so many times, but...

Purrloin/Liepard
This one was at level 26 and got knocked out by a wild Pokemon half it's level. Into the box it went.

Audino
Adorable as hell, but, it's kinda made just for support. You know it's bad when Giga Impact has no real impact. Sill went to the E4 with it, though.

Blitzle/Zebstrika
If you lasted more than 3 turns with this guy, it was pure luck. Went to the E4 with this one too. Slepnir should of been named Kamakaze though.

Tepig line
Just for the looks. And did we really need another Fire/Fighting?

And, I guess I'm one of the strange ones, but, I liked the Snivy line. And Trubbish/Garbadour. Maybe because I've always had a soft spot for Grassies, and derpiness. :D
Old April 15th, 2012 (01:32 PM).
porkcrapper
Beginning Trainer

that weird little electric-ground fisk thing. i mean, What the frick is that? it is fairly useless TBF...
Old April 15th, 2012 (06:30 PM).
MaddogSix
Comp. Programmer/Online Gamer

Nature: Jolly
definitely the ice cream cone one, Vanillite I think, the evolved forms were weak too...
Old April 15th, 2012 (06:45 PM).
Archenoth
The arch foe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Snivy = Good defenses and speed, terrible offenses and HP.
I guess you never used the incredible move that was "Coil"? It was easy enough to take down most of the Elite four when it is around level 63-ish because of that move. Leech Seed, Coil a couple times, and then sweep the entire team!
Old April 15th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
Quixote
Pokemon Researcher

I was highly disappointed by the Snivy line, not only because it is the suckiest starter I have ever encountered, but also because I had high hopes. I always usually start with the grass starters (except Turtwig) and just look at Snivy's face! It knows it's going to kick your ass!

I was also disappointed by the Klink line and the Zebra line. Who said Galvantula? That thing never let me down haha.
Old April 16th, 2012 (03:58 AM).
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I was thinking about leaving a spot free for Heatmor, but I looked it up and well, I wasn't impressed by what I saw, its another useless Pokemon, I like the design though.

Old April 16th, 2012 (04:44 AM). Edited April 16th, 2012 by Hikamaru.
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
I guess you never used the incredible move that was "Coil"? It was easy enough to take down most of the Elite four when it is around level 63-ish because of that move. Leech Seed, Coil a couple times, and then sweep the entire team!
I tested all 3 starters (after trading Snivy and Tepig from my brother's White) and with my eventual Serperior I tried the Coil strategy but it took time to set up which was a bit hard.

I found Emboar and Samurott easier cos they hit hard without needing a boost. This could be because I'm an all-out offensive battler so I usually don't waste time setting up.
Old April 19th, 2012 (04:13 PM).
Volcoronawing649
New Recruit

Nature: Rash
Trubbish, Klink , Woobat, Vanilluxe, and Maractus (because we already HAVE a cactus Pokemon, and his name is Cacnea) Either then these 5 Pokemon, the generation 5 Pokemon are quite awesome, especially Volcarona_______________________________________________________________________

Volcarona FTW! Oh, and Larvesta, he is cool too...
Old April 19th, 2012 (05:30 PM).
Cassino

Cinccino: Relies on putting its opponent to sleep and/or attracting it, and multi-hit moves.
Eelektross: Nice in theory but still faints like anything else; can't really exploit its ability by being defensive.
Swoobat and Garbodor both look as bad as they are to me, so I wasn't disappointed with them, I could already tell.

Archeops is a beast though, don't let anyone tell ye otherwise because there is no ability — it's either at full HP or fainted after taking one hit.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (07:02 AM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Cinccino: Relies on putting its opponent to sleep and/or attracting it, and multi-hit moves.
Eelektross: Nice in theory but still faints like anything else; can't really exploit its ability by being defensive.
Swoobat and Garbodor both look as bad as they are to me, so I wasn't disappointed with them, I could already tell.

Archeops is a beast though, don't let anyone tell ye otherwise because there is no ability — it's either at full HP or fainted after taking one hit.
I didn't find Eelektross, Cinccino or Archeops disappointing, I tried all 3 and I was satisfied.

I agree on Swoobat and Garbodor, they have terrible stats and are seriously lacking in good moves.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (08:02 AM).
Lost Christmas
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Cheezy View Post
It's been said so many times, but...

Purrloin/Liepard
This one was at level 26 and got knocked out by a wild Pokemon half it's level. Into the box it went.

Audino
Adorable as hell, but, it's kinda made just for support. You know it's bad when Giga Impact has no real impact. Sill went to the E4 with it, though.

Blitzle/Zebstrika
If you lasted more than 3 turns with this guy, it was pure luck. Went to the E4 with this one too. Slepnir should of been named Kamakaze though.

Tepig line
Just for the looks. And did we really need another Fire/Fighting?

And, I guess I'm one of the strange ones, but, I liked the Snivy line. And Trubbish/Garbadour. Maybe because I've always had a soft spot for Grassies, and derpiness. :D
Zebstrika if trained right, Can be a true powerhouse, 3 turns Is not luck, it would be called SKILL. Liepard miteaswell be calle retard, i agree it had no use, Audino were always just training material to me, never caught one.
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges
Old April 23rd, 2012 (08:58 AM).
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Liepard was just awful, I didn't like the look of Trubbish either.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 23rd, 2012 (11:44 AM).
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

The Ice Cream Cone and the Trash Bag and their evolutions. Equally.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (07:11 PM).
Madam Cheezy
Imakuni Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO. Word up. View Post
Zebstrika if trained right, Can be a true powerhouse, 3 turns Is not luck, it would be called SKILL. Liepard miteaswell be calle retard, i agree it had no use, Audino were always just training material to me, never caught one.

Skill/luck, potato/potahto. Whatever. It was still a huge letdown for me.

You shouldnt have to do anything crazy to make a Pokemon work, is all I'm saying. A good Pokemon is as such without breeding, special training and whatnot. Most Zebstrika movesets I saw when I was doing my first playthrough suggested doing just that.
Old April 24th, 2012 (11:53 AM).
pokemews
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Hello everybody,

My biggest disappointment in the 5th gen of Poke'mon was "Reuniclus" When I first saw him i was stoked because he looked so cool .and he was a 3 evolution so I kinda had high hopes when it came to battling. I know Its right there in the stats. but he was so slow that I had to dump him. What is the use of a strong poke'mon if they don't even get the chance to attack. or just waite tons of HP every battle waiting to attack . idk.

that was a pretty big let down because i really wanted him to back up my team.

also. a big let down was "Seismitoad" i know i should have been used to the whole water+ground being extra weak to grass. but it just wasnt that good to have on my team. overall in the game and battling with friends. it was just an obvious flaw that made him hard to use. and i did like the design alot so it was hard to let him go.

anyways two poke'mon that i really liked and used well were: Vaniluxe (Sillycone) and Candelure (Candleheart) both of which supported my team in a big way.

peace out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links