The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Advertise here

Old April 5th, 2012, 11:11 PM
~V~
"Winds of a New Beginning"

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Trying to beat Whitney. Stupid Milktank with rollout! Even in HG/SS it still beats the crap out of my team and I've battled her over 20 times now.
Old April 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Ice Path and the Dragon Gym Puzzle made me pull out my hair, ugh. So annoying :<

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Three words: Claire's! Damn! Kingdra!

I had a strategy guide when I was playing through these games, so things like the Ice Path and even the harder Gym puzzles weren't that much of a challenge. But the one thing that a strategy guide can't help with is actual battling, and the final Kingdra in Blackthorn was probably the most annoying, as well as the hardest, battle I faced when playing Gold version.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:47 AM
fuz
Beginning Trainer

My most annoying part was having to use waterfall and forgetting to bring the Pokemon with that HM...
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM
goldenyellowcrystal
A Black Crystal of Mystery

The part that annoyed me was when I encountered a roaming Pokemon, and realized that my box was full! Grrr...
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Ice path in crystal was easy for me, but in Silver just forget it.

Anyone remember having to save every time you wanted to use the PC or switch the box? Now THAT was a pain in my rear end.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old April 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Either Whitney and her Miltank, or navigating Mount Silver only to discover the extreme disappointment at the end. Even if Mount Silver was even more annoying and the end disappointment more disappointing in HG/SS, it still doesn't make the whole place any more bearable in the originals.

Oh yes, and the fact that "normal" Pokemon like Skarmory could flee as you tried to catch them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM
alehizzle
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
The fact that Lugia (in Crystal, at least) doesn't have Aeroblast without the use of a Gameshark code. Aeroblast is, like, the coolest flying move EVER, ONLY Lugia can learn it, and the game gives it the latest four moves in its learnset: Gust (hate), Hydro Pump (love, but it only has 5 PP), Rain Dance (loathe entirely), and Recover (indifferent toward). ._.

Old May 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
One of the more annoying things in GSC for me (probably by far not the most, but anyway) was the part in the beginning, where you were setting out your journey, and then when you're at the third town or so you get a call to go all the way back again lol.
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Literal Ghost
Beginning Trainer

Miltank used Rollout
Miltank used Rollout
Miltank used Rollout
Miltank used Rollout
Miltank used Rollout
Miltank used Milk Drink.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Uhh... yeah getting through the cave with the ice in Gold. I even got help from some guy at primary school with it lool. I still remember that day - it was like a specific meet up, just to... get through that stupid cave. ;x
Old June 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Vasquez
Hacker and LPer

Nature: Jolly
Tin tower and Whitney... I mean, god. For starters, no tower should ever be as convoluted as the one to Ho-Oh. All the more annoying is the fact you are constantly encountering Rattata while trying to figure out how to climb this behemoth. Whitney was just... impossible. I mean, her Miltank would just sweep my team if I didn't grind them to exceed it's level. More often than not you can beat a gym w/out being the same level by using type advantages, but for her, you didn't get ANYTHING strong against her (Except a Machop trade in Goldenrod I think), so you were forced to just try and overpower it, which was hard as **** since it's Def. stats are pretty high for a Pokemon that level, and also b/c it had Milk Drink. This battle used to just give me NIGHTMARES as a kid...
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:41 PM
Leviathan-666
Beginning Trainer

Ice path was difficult for me when i was little, but now that im older and i understand the levels more, it was actually pretty easy. I used to be annoyed by the ice gym too.

But team rocket in mahogany town and the radio tower was just unbearable! all they ever have is koffing, rattata, grimer, ekans, zubat... and once in a while, golbat or muk. lame!
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
Jorgomli

Nature: Lonely
That Miltank still haunts my dreams. I remember rage-quitting on Halloween one year because it just Roll-out'd EVERYTHING.

*Cue Ludacris song* ROLLOUT!
Old June 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Xebelleon
Mugcake Handler

The frequency of Goldenrod Game Corner's move teacher guy. Something like one pokemon one time a week. Lame.
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
GSC were my favourite Pokemon games ever, right up to HGSS (maaaaaaaybe this is trumped by BW/B2W2 now, but still, I adore GSC).
As such, there is very little in the game that annoyed me. One small thing was the way Kanto was dummied down due to the hardware limitations at the time. It was unfortunate that the Seafoam Islands were just.. negligible, as well as Viridian Forest (not to mention the nonexistant Safari Zone). This was made up for with the fantastic remixes of Kanto's music, though, and so many other things.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:30 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
I should say trying to get to ho oh and also when the togepi egg hatches PROF ELM wants u to go back and show him. cant he wait till u finish
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
HeroesAndCons

Catching Raikou and Entei (since catching Suicune is a doddle in Crystal) is one of the most annoying experiences in Pokemon history.
Oh, and scaling Tin Tower is a *****.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Katie the Friendly Ghost
I like rain.

Nature: Adamant
Not being able to fly from Kanto to Johto. I mean my Pidgey can fly all over Johto but not a shorter distance from Kanto back to Johto? :P
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Two words... Miltank & Whitney, spamming Rollout then getting it's health down but just before taking it down "Milk Drink" it's just awful.

Old July 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Dartht33bagger
Only plays Gen I and II

In G/S/C, I have always hated the ice sliding part towards the end of the game. I had no strategy guide or internet when I was a kid trying to run through it, so I spent hours trying to figure out how to get past it. It's no longer such a big deal, but the memories still haunt me.

Last edited by Dartht33bagger; July 26th, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Polizard'12
Pokemon Trader

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Polizard'12
The second gym was very annoying! as well as Ice cave, I coudn't figure it out as a kid!

Black: 1464-1648-3107 (Connor)
SoulSilver: 0562-3433-1970 (Gold)
Pearl: 3482-9492-0865 (Adam)

Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

When I was younger, I guess Miltank was my only problem, since I was a beginner. Last time I played Silver, she turned out to be really easy. Never knew how useful Rage could be. And to be honest, I found out recently what Rage exactly does. Before that - I rarely used it.

Now the things that annoyed me few days ago when I played Silver again. The thing that annoyed me the most are those places that need a dozen HMs, like the cave with Lugia and the path to Kanto. I mean, at the end of the Victory Road, Silver awaits you. You can be really handicapped without a Pokemon, unless your team's great. But still, better have the sixth ranger than not.

Also, it kinda annoyed me that Silver's awesome theme is lagging. The music starts playing few seconds after his appearance, when he gets close to you and starts talking. Blue's theme at least played when he entered the screen. It really annoyed since the song is good, and I mostly skip the dialogues when I replay or rush through games.

And also, Mt. Silver. Last dungeon. What do you need inside of it? FLASH. Thankfully, I can look up the map on the net, so I can easily walk in the dark, but without it, it'd be really annoying having to take only 5 members once again. And erasing one of your great moves for Flash just kills the game.

Although Kanto was a bit lack luster nowadays, it was still a great feat back then, and we can easily ignore the lack of challenge and boring stuff in-between. It's post game after all. If they created a story for Kanto too, it wouldn't be a post-game anymore, but the real game. Still, the gyms were too easy. They should have raised the levels, at least by 2 for every next gym. The only challenge was Blue, since he had a mixed team. Others were too easy. And of course Red, the weakest of them all (j/k). My Pokemon were mostly in their fifties, and still kicked his ass. I only lacked moves against Snorlak and Blastoise, so they were a problem. Mostly since I played Nuzlocke. If I played like normally, they'd be easy too.

Aside from all these things that annoyed me, it's still one of my favorite Gens. Or maybe I just love them all :3

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Gym_Leader_Zechariah
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
I had bad luck because all of the Pokemon I found except my (at the time) Lvl. 12 Geodude were all male.

Enemy MILTANK used ATTRACT!

CROCONAW fell in love!

And so forth... bye Togepi, bye Croconaw, bye Butterfree, bye Unown. Rollout victims. Lovely.

On the upside though, I forgot about the Tin TOwer in Crystal until I beat Claire, did the Dragon's Den thing, and went and got the Master Ball. Goodbye, Tentacool. Hello SUicune.
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
shadexpwn
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
I didn't like having to run around doing that part for the Moomoomilk in Crystal as it took awhile for me to figure it out when I played it as a kid.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here