The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I don't really see why him winning would automatically mean they have to start anew with a new trainer. The win could be a point where there is a point of no return and he keeps progressing with no renerfs, then they can introduce new characters and use him as a mentor role as well as a "master trainer."
Actually, winning would prove his development. It would mark his improvement from the first league he entered, where he lost because he couldn't get his Charizard to listen to him. His development is very minimal, but it's still there. He can still battle and train; it's his brain that's a bit knocked up and he gets forgetful. So winning is clear progression and marks Ash's 'maturity' in a sense, or at least as a trainer. And I just realized that pretty much agreed with your point.

However, I'd imagine Champions have other duties, though they could still travel. Unless they have a filler arc with Ash training some kid, I think it's safe to say that they'll stick with the old formula and keep a journey thing going on. That's probably the best way to spotlight new Pokemon and new Gyms, with Ash not really going to battle them since he'd be stuck in Unova. At least, that's just how I see Champions. I mean, you wouldn't expect to see Cynthia in Kanto, do you?

Odds are, they'd do the same to a new protagonist, but at least their personality would be different with a different cast. There's only so much Pikachu I can take, anyway. Hopefully, though, the writers might have learned a thing or two by now and decided to actually put in development, which might in turn start a trend where they start with a new protagonist every region and with that comes character development, etc. Hell, Jimmy from Raikou: Legend of Thunder! was an interesting character, even though he didn't have much development and I'd still prefer to watch him than Ash.
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic
Actually, winning would prove his development. It would mark his improvement from the first league he entered, where he lost because he couldn't get his Charizard to listen to him. His development is very minimal, but it's still there. He can still battle and train; it's his brain that's a bit knocked up and he gets forgetful. So winning is clear progression and marks Ash's 'maturity' in a sense, or at least as a trainer. And I just realized that pretty much agreed with your point.
He assuredly developes no doubt about that since he has had gradual improvement in every league he has entered in and he has grown as a trainer getting his pokemon to listen. What I was trying to get out is yes this is a clear sign, but what will the writers do with this moment? Will they make him a noob once again, will they set him on a path to being a world champ(if they have that), will he compete in Champions Leagues? The road for his future seems unclear but the progression he has made is definitely not.

Quote:
However, I'd imagine Champions have other duties, though they could still travel. Unless they have a filler arc with Ash training some kid, I think it's safe to say that they'll stick with the old formula and keep a journey thing going on. That's probably the best way to spotlight new Pokemon and new Gyms, with Ash not really going to battle them since he'd be stuck in Unova. At least, that's just how I see Champions. Imean, you wouldn't expect to see Cynthia in Kanto, do you?
They will definitely stick with the old formula since it has proved marketable in the past, and as definitely a great way to showcase the new region and pokemon in it. But I would like too see them throw a wrench into it like they did with the games and change things up a bit. I think Conference Champion and Regional Champ differ a bit. From what I understand the Conference Champ has earned the right to face the Elite 4, but isn't apart of the Elite 4. That means they are not bound to the duties of the Pokemon League of that region if that is the case. And Champions travel all the time in games and anime. Look at Lance he is part of the Pokemon G Men traveling to Hoenn and I am sure other places on top of traveling abroad in Johto. Cynthia travels a multitude of places in the game such as Johto and Unova outside of Sinnoh. So it's not like the Champions are stationary they just have the option to move around. Now if Ash took a Frontier Brain position then that may have actually be a bit travel restrictive though, but winning the conference doesn't really seem that way too me.

Quote:
Odds are, they'd do the same to a new protagonist, but at least their personality would be different with a different cast. There's only so much Pikachu I can take, anyway. Hopefully, though, the writers might have learned a thing or two by now and decided to actually put in development, which might in turn start a trend where they start with a new protagonist every region and with that comes character development, etc. Hell, Jimmy from Raikou: Legend of Thunder! was an interesting character, even though he didn't have much development and I'd still prefer to watch him than Ash.
I am sure they would knowing they have done it for the past 14 years. No Pikachu would be great, I think that's the best fanservice a repeat watcher could get. I would have loved what you suggested, but are they willing to implement it is the real concern and question. Honestly though at this point I think they could gamble with a new style or two shows(they probably have enough staff for two) that they run the same generic wash rinse and repeat stuff then they show a new type with new protagonists and new fresh story lines each generation.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:58 AM
mootjuh117
Beginning Trainer

Think about it:
He was in the top-16 in the Johto League
He was in the top-8 in the Hoenn League.
He was in the top-4 in the Sinnoh League, which he could have won if that overpowered guy wasn't there.
I assume the will be in the finals in the Unova League and will win the next league in the next generation.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
As long as Cilan is in the generation 6 series I'm okay with it.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
mootjuh117
Beginning Trainer

I'd rather have Brock back, but I think it's ok if they keep Cilan.
Old April 21st, 2013, 04:53 AM
magianangel6
Unhatched Egg

ash loses the league then the show focuses on ash and the others taking on team plasma n and ghetsis

Last edited by magianangel6; April 21st, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Please don't revive threads that have been dead for over a month. Thanks.

Closed

Sponsored Links