The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecalec2 View Post
I just beat the elite 4 + champion but after the credits it starts over again O_o?
I cant manage to save manually in game so i used save states... how can i continue?
It should have saved your game regularly so you should be able to go to that rather than picking new game.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:12 AM
topgunitsme
Unhatched Egg

hey srry for posting so many qs but ive missed the 4th and the 6th gym.....can u pls tell me where they are
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:39 AM
conchim

Is this possible to evolve eevee into leafeon in this hack. If so how it can be done. Thank you very much.
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
paxor
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunitsme View Post
hey srry for posting so many qs but ive missed the 4th and the 6th gym.....can u pls tell me where they are
Gyms are at Xero City, Brox City, Reinbort Town, Elemis City, Ciprus Town, Largas City, Rem City, and finally Crimson City.

I found Selphy and brought her the pokemon she wanted to see the butler talked to me and said its a shame my bag is full and after i got rid of something he still wouldn't give it to me. Is it supposed to be like that?

Here's a bug, after you've beaten the elite four and head back to Profesor Oak's and talk to him he'll say good job for catching lots of pokemon blah blah, there are new pokemon out there from other places than Kanto blah blah, Gary/Older brother starts talking and we look to where he should be, but isn't.. cuz he's dead.. and Oak acts totally normal about the whole ghost of his grandson talking..

Last edited by paxor; April 15th, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
cryogenixz

where can i find the breeding center thanks
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Dr.
Beginning Trainer

don't know if it has been brought up before, but when you fight your brother in the route with the power plant, after the battle when you go to the power plant and the team rocket guy tells you to **** off if you get into a battle in the patch of grass below. then run from it, when you reappear you are in control of the tea, rocket guy but the camera is still on you. allowing you to enter the power plant. is this normal? hahaha.
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
don't know if it has been brought up before, but when you fight your brother in the route with the power plant, after the battle when you go to the power plant and the team rocket guy tells you to **** off if you get into a battle in the patch of grass below. then run from it, when you reappear you are in control of the tea, rocket guy but the camera is still on you. allowing you to enter the power plant. is this normal? hahaha.
It happens sometimes with some people. I did have a really bad route, 8 i think, where every person on the route had that glitch @_@
I went ahead and fixed him and re-uploaded the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchim View Post
Is this possible to evolve eevee into leafeon in this hack. If so how it can be done. Thank you very much.
No, I was looking at adding eevee evos for my next hack, but apparently the game only allows 6 evolutions max for any pokemon in the gba games :/

Last edited by Sloo; April 15th, 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:46 AM
shomoher

Nature: Calm
Nice hack!! Although one disappointment is that the cities remind me too much of the original FireRed... but nevertheless I think its a great hack so far!

Just one question - I've finished the event at the Safari Zone. Where do I go next?

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomoher View Post
Nice hack!! Although one disappointment is that the cities remind me too much of the original FireRed... but nevertheless I think its a great hack so far!

Just one question - I've finished the event at the Safari Zone. Where do I go next?
You go to Rem City, you can get there either through Frosty Cave or from Xero City.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
braedonb
Beginning Trainer

What do I use to play this on? VBA won't support it
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Dr.
Beginning Trainer

what level does golem evolve at?
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
GourmetTrainerx
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
what level does golem evolve at?
In my experience, all my pokemon that evolve through trades have evolved at level 42.

This was true for my Haunter --->Gengar & Scyther --> Scizor

Hope that helps.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by braedonb View Post
You need to patch the ips file to a fire red rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GourmetTrainerx View Post
In my experience, all my pokemon that evolve through trades have evolved at level 42.

This was true for my Haunter --->Gengar & Scyther --> Scizor

Hope that helps.
Your experience would be correct. I think Kadabra is the only one who doesn't evolve at 42. He evolves at 36. Although some evolve with stones like clampearl.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:43 PM
anugrah6
Togepi

after writing name of my brother a black screen appears what to do??
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braedonb View Post
Worked well on my VBA. You might've patched the wrong ROM version.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA_Hitomi View Post
I recommend Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2, you can get it from the Official site here: vba.ngemu.com
downloads, for version 1.7.2 (latest Stable release) are listed at the top of the download page. VBA works on Windows, Mac OSX,and Linux computers.
Mac OSX users that use Lion want to get MacBoyAdvance or VBA-M. VBA won't work since Lion got rid of Rosetta (and both are a little faster anyway due to being Intel only.)

Last edited by Projectwolfie; April 17th, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
where do you get the bike? I cant move on to the next team rocket mission without it....
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
paxor
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
where do you get the bike? I cant move on to the next team rocket mission without it....
You get the bike in Xero city at the bike shop.
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:04 AM
shomoher

Nature: Calm
Thank you for your reply!
But I have another question... uh... I finished the event with Mewtwo and Deoxys in Crimson Canyon... and I went down the waterfall and ended up in my hometown. What do I do now??

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
matheusinho09
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomoher View Post
Thank you for your reply!
But I have another question... uh... I finished the event with Mewtwo and Deoxys in Crimson Canyon... and I went down the waterfall and ended up in my hometown. What do I do now??
You must go back to Crimson City and then defeat the Gym Leader, that's Professor Oak, I think this is it...
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
I tried your hack last weekend and thought of posting some critic about it.
As you've already gotten lots of positive feedback, having negative shouldn't hurt either.

I read what you wrote in the main post about the hack "not being so cool" but as I saw other people like it, I decided to try it out just to see how it is. There are lots of things that should be improved: grammar, bugs (I remember "Gary" talking something strange in Pokemon lab about Prof. Oak being away while he was there or something similar to that, also the route next to the starting town wasn't next to it in town map etc.), overall gameplay...

What I disliked the most is that the game is way too similar to FireRed - at least in the beginning. And the beginning is actually the most important part of the hack which shows the player the overall look of the hack and after that, the player makes his/her decision whether to continue playing the hack or not. I made the decision to quit after I had battled the rival first time and got beaten by that "Sentret-trainer" in Route 3. The reason for that is mainly because nothing exciting happened that would have made me want to continue playing it. And as I said before, I didn't like the grammar either because it doesn't match with the game any way. "Bad" grammar is okay in some parts but it's too constant at least in the beginning.

But as you finished the whole hack already, I don't see a point in re-making stuff either but in case you're going to go with another hack after this one, make sure to get the job done better!

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
I'm going to have to agree with miksy here. Although this hack has a ton of potential, as all hacks do, I couldn't get past the first three routes. Reason? I didn't want to. The hack was uninteresting and boring.

The hack has a ton of grammar errors, lack of detailed plot, and other things that could have been fixed with a little effort. Overall, I was just confused, like when Prof. Oak says to "Go get his watch in the forest," I spent like, half an hour searching on route one, only to find it was on route two.

I'm not saying this is a terrible hack, I hate it, or that other people shouldn't play it, I am saying that a lot more work could have been put into this and should have if you want the broader hacking population to play this.

~sincerely, teejermiester

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Oddrane

Nature: Mild
Where do you find the legendary/special event pokemons.

I have so far found Moltres,Zapdos,Articuno,MewTwo,Suicune,Deoxys,Lugia,Ho-Oh and Celebi, but now i am stuck with thoose, so what do I have to do next now to find the rest?
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Myc Shredder

Thank you so much for this hack, sir. Great job without a doubt.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
I'm going to have to agree with miksy here. Although this hack has a ton of potential, as all hacks do, I couldn't get past the first three routes. Reason? I didn't want to. The hack was uninteresting and boring.

The hack has a ton of grammar errors, lack of detailed plot, and other things that could have been fixed with a little effort. Overall, I was just confused, like when Prof. Oak says to "Go get his watch in the forest," I spent like, half an hour searching on route one, only to find it was on route two.

I'm not saying this is a terrible hack, I hate it, or that other people shouldn't play it, I am saying that a lot more work could have been put into this and should have if you want the broader hacking population to play this.

~sincerely, teejermiester
Can't say I didn't warn ya
I used this hack mostly to learn the different elements of hacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddrane View Post
Where do you find the legendary/special event pokemons.

I have so far found Moltres,Zapdos,Articuno,MewTwo,Suicune,Deoxys,Lugia,Ho-Oh and Celebi, but now i am stuck with thoose, so what do I have to do next now to find the rest?
Lets see;
Mew > Crater Cave
Entei > Victory Road
Raikou > Victory Road
And the rest are in Omega Cave.

Last edited by Sloo; April 17th, 2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM
pokemongamer2223
Beginning Trainer

hey i have problems downloading the game can you help me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here