The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I find it interesting that the starter towns from last game are frozen over. After the game starts usually no one really cares about the starter towns, so to make them an important part of the game would be amazinggg.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:07 AM
fireyboy345
Skilled Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest

I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I find it interesting that the starter towns from last game are frozen over. After the game starts usually no one really cares about the starter towns, so to make them an important part of the game would be amazinggg.
I completely forget about that town that's just north of Nuvema. Maybe them giving that side of the map some attention (via Ice Age) will help me remember. It'd be cool if the freezing (if any at all) actually started around that area! Or maybe it started from the Giant Chasm, seeing as that was where Kyurem once lived.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I thought we were clear on the map, it isn't frozen, it's just to cover the map up for a later reveal right?

Also, is that area in east Unova on the mountain the Abundant Shrine? It's sort of in the same place, or just slightly higher idk.

Old April 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Well until it's confirmed, I'm still going to believe that it's frozen over on that side of the region. c':

And I don't think that's Abundant Shrine. If anything, I'm thinking it will be a small village near the shrine.
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireyboy345 View Post

I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!
I thought you were going to start with a most interesting man in the world statement.

Pretty interesting to see the changes side by side. I was too lazy to try and compare them. x]
I certainly hope the ice is just a cover-up, though according to serebii it actually isn't. However, if that's true and they do fit all of the new gyms into those new areas, I feel like this is going to be a relatively short game story-wise, not unless they choose to open the frozen areas up sometime during the game and not after.

I wonder how if there are any people still living in the frozen over areas? Kind of a scary thought.
Perhaps they're frozen as well?

Yikes.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
I'm pretty sure the ice is just there to tie in with the Kyurem theme, it isn't literally there. Just to cover up new areas and the like.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I hope it's just covering stuff up. Having those lands actually be completely iced over gives the whole game a post-apocalyptic feel, which I don't feel suits the Pokemon franchise. Besides, having less territory to explore isn't usually a good thing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Now I wouldn't be at all surprised if the area where Kyreum was found is a Ice Castle or something instead of just a cave.

But I think everything else i just normal. Just hideing new things like other people have said.

Last edited by Iceman3317; April 16th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
I'm curious on how we're going to go to Opelucid City, if at all. Since the path to get to Opelucid is frozen and even then, the exit from the cave to get to Iccirus City to get to the path is frozen too. :I

There is that little path in the grass though, but it wasn't accessable in BW, so it's not likely that we would be able to cross it, though, that sole chuck of ice next to Opelucid looks interesting.

If you look really closely, there's a small ident in the chuck of ice that looks like an opening. Maybe we'll be able to explore it as a cave?
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
I'm curious on how we're going to go to Opelucid City, if at all. Since the path to get to Opelucid is frozen and even then, the exit from the cave to get to Iccirus City to get to the path is frozen too. :I

There is that little path in the grass though, but it wasn't accessable in BW, so it's not likely that we would be able to cross it, though, that sole chuck of ice next to Opelucid looks interesting.

If you look really closely, there's a small ident in the chuck of ice that looks like an opening. Maybe we'll be able to explore it as a cave?
It would be interesting if you could go to the frozen areas, and its the towns underneath, but uninhabited other than Pokemon, or something.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
WHAT IF THERE WAS A TIME FREEZE???

Really, it would be funny if GameFreak used the ice to point out something else that may happen in the game (like a time freeze), and it doesn't actually have anything to do with being a cover up or being literally frozen. Maybe that part of the region has been frozen in time, and time doesn't pass at all, until things are fixed with Kyurem.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

But Kyruem has nothing to do with time. how would they be able to explain that? xD
Unless Kyurem's ice is SO powerful that it can freeze time itself, which is just...yeah.
I'm still thinking that the region is actually frozen, but still what COULD they be hiding if it weren't? One more building on a map that we would need a life size replica of the map in order to notice it? What would be the point, saying "oh look new subway"? The whole map for one feature? Why not just that one spot?
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
But Kyruem has nothing to do with time. how would they be able to explain that? xD
Unless Kyurem's ice is SO powerful that it can freeze time itself, which is just...yeah.
I'm still thinking that the region is actually frozen, but still what COULD they be hiding if it weren't? One more building on a map that we would need a life size replica of the map in order to notice it? What would be the point, saying "oh look new subway"? The whole map for one feature? Why not just that one spot?
Maybe GF made it such a large cover up so we wouldn't expect anything different underneath. If one or two areas were frozen alone, we would all speculate on only that. But there's so much more to speculate with that whole part of the region being frozen. So perhaps it's a purposeful thing?

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
^ I agree, there must be something else going on with the map...they mentioned it was frozen for a reason in the magazine, if it was cover up that would be disappointing...then again they have hyped things before...
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Maybe GF made it such a large cover up so we wouldn't expect anything different underneath. If one or two areas were frozen alone, we would all speculate on only that. But there's so much more to speculate with that whole part of the region being frozen. So perhaps it's a purposeful thing?
Oh it definitely has a purpose or else they wouldn't allow our minds to travel so far and quickly about this. OR AT LEAST I HOPE SO.
But we'll never know for sure until they actually reveal what the heck it's all about.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Community Supporter

So the ice is meant to make us raise our expectations for new areas? Well it seems to be working on some of us... I just hope it's worthwhile like new gyms, a battle frontier,ect.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
So the ice is meant to make us raise our expectations for new areas? Well it seems to be working on some of us... I just hope it's worthwhile like new gyms, a battle frontier,ect.
That's what I'm guessing. But I'm also guessing a lot of things about the ice. lol
Though, my main theory and I will stick with this until proven otherwise, is that the ice is actually in the game, not just ON the artwork to cover for something.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Community Supporter

^ I would like the ice to do both, being made by Kyurem as a shield away from Humans who may threaten it like Plasma did with the dragons. While at the same time there are new areas we can access after the ice starts to break.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

I'm sticking with the Ice in-game theory too, as I really want to scale these glacier mountains and/or explore underthem via Subway.

Or, better yet, the Ice isn't touching the ground, rather, it's above the cities, replicating a roof of some sorts. Kind of like a boundry so the people inside can't leave or something. Thus suiting with Kyurem's title, The Boundry Pokemon.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
I'm sticking with the Ice in-game theory too, as I really want to scale these glacier mountains and/or explore underthem via Subway.

Or, better yet, the Ice isn't touching the ground, rather, it's above the cities, replicating a roof of some sorts. Kind of like a boundry so the people inside can't leave or something. Thus suiting with Kyurem's title, The Boundry Pokemon.
That's what I thought too when I first saw the ice on the map. The ice being over the clouds could be symbolic of just how high up the barrier/walls are.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Esper

Quote:

If you look there appears to be a new island under the ice around where Undella Town would be. Abyssal Ruins resurfacing, perhaps?

deviantart blog pair
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
If you look there appears to be a new island under the ice around where Undella Town would be. Abyssal Ruins resurfacing, perhaps?
My favorite town in the game and I actually missed that. Huh. Well that's exciting!
I'm wondering if yeah, maybe they did surface! I mean, it's been two years, a lot can happen, ruins can surface,e specially considering how many currents ran through that place.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

I'm actually curious where the Pokemon League would be. If my boundary theory is correct, it would stay in the same location. If not, I have a feeling it will be in that dried up circle area (Entralink was the name, iirc?)
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Unknown Trainer
The one and only! =)

Nature: Adamant
Quote:

I really like that you pointed out the differences of the maps there. As for me, in my opinion I think the ice is just a cover up. Although, maybe the reason for the cover up is because GF isn't done editing the map the whole way yet? :o
Think of it as a sneak peek for what they gave us now but they could TOTALLY change the east side of Unova in just 2 months.

Soul Silver FC: 3138 3630 0215
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures.
I catch my Pokemon the way they
are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links