The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?
Blonde 14 27.45%
Brunette 37 72.55%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠Dawn Rayne♠ View Post
I wonder if these new characters will be integrated into the Manga series as well.. I like the look of the other ones better actually, usually the female character is more appealing to me too but this time the male looks cooler. Nice hair bro! Will name him Jericho. ;)
More like ridiculous hair
But that is an interesting theory, kind of like how they put Homika in the anime!

I'm pretty anxious to see how they incorporate older characters (if any are included in this game at all) into the games and if they have an updated wardrobe. That'd be neat to see, too.

So far though I'm excited to see what type of personality each new character has, especially the Gym Leaders'.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:54 PM
Volcoronawing649
New Recruit

Nature: Rash
I think that they are as well done as the first BW character designs.

The female protagonist looks amazing, especially with those little hair balls on the side

of her head. The poison gym leader is, in my opinion, so cool looking. Definatly a good

design for a Poison-type gym leader by far. But I do think that they should of put just a

LITTLE more effort in the male protagonist's design. Really, it looks like there is a

palm tree on his head. LOL

Volcarona FTW! Oh and Larvesta, he is cool too........
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
I don't like the way the male looks but they did a good job with the female.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Everyone seems to be saying how much better the female's design is than the males- what the hell? XD It's not half bad, imo, I think they're equally good! I think the female's is a little ordinary in comparison (aside from that spectacular hair, lol).
One thing I'm uncertain on is the fact that they've actually SHOWN the protagonists hair as much as they have here. I guess they're running out of different headwear to use, hahaha. But I don't think it's bad at all, I suppose. :)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Rodeo
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Hate hate hate hate hate the male trainer's hair. Haaaaaaate. Other than that, his design seems pretty cool looking to me. I have no problem with his outfit. The female trainer looks okay, although her hair is a little silly looking. The rival just looks awesome. Like an even more swag version of Gary/Blue. Part of me hopes he says "Smell ya' later" at one point in the game, ahahah.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
-Grayscale-
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Hate the new guy character. Who the heck thought of that?
Otherwise, I adore the girl. She looks adorable and tough :'D

The professor is also pretty good. Looks a little menacing, and I can say the same for the rival...

The guys really need haircuts. Right now. I just despise that protagonist's hair design. First time I saw an avatar of that I chuckled and thought it was silly/ridiculous. But if I had to play a character like that... no. No no no no no.

As for the rival... he just needs less hair. Otherwise, perfect. I'd really look forward to another evil rival like Gary or Silver.

I don't think I'll be playing as a guy this time haha

Edit: That poison-type Gym leader is the best gym leader design I've seen yet, close to Elesa. Love love loveee~

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Last edited by -Grayscale-; April 22nd, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
I think the girl has the best design; probably one of my favorite girl characters. The others, eh... not the best. The older characters will always be the best in my book.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem

Last edited by Nomine; April 22nd, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hikomi Yuuki
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Why do I feel like the professor is just loaded with evil materials His cold eyes and that hairstyle scare me somehow.
The male protagonist is...weird to say the least. Girly face feature, palm tree hair and those leggings turn me off.
The female one is cute, but kinda meh. She looks like a kid that should be in school, rather than being a pokemon trainer. There's utterly nothing special about her besides those ridiculous hair.
The rival probably has the most normal design out of the main characters, but that isn't saying much. He looks rather cool to me though, in an offsetting way.
The gym leaders, especially the poison one, look very good. They actually look like they have a personality.

"Is it okay if I never want to wake up ?"

Old April 26th, 2012, 08:12 AM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
The male has some pretty crazy hair, kind of reminds me a a year ago when I had long hair and always wore a hat lol. The girl char is quite amazing, and the rival is pretty sweet too! Somewhat wish we could switch it

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old April 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Looking at them now, I don't think either of them are that bad. Other than the hair, I think the dude is pretty sick, but the hair isn't that bad either. To tell ya the truth I like Hilda better than the new girl, but maybe that'll change. I definitely like the new dude better than Hilbert
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8 View Post
The male has some pretty crazy hair, kind of reminds me a a year ago when I had long hair and always wore a hat lol. The girl char is quite amazing, and the rival is pretty sweet too! Somewhat wish we could switch it :P
Oh so you want to have the rival as the protagonist, or...? I wouldn't mind if the male rival was the protagonist design because I'd much rather see the male protag than the male rival often. >> I just reallyyyy don't like his design, lol. :x
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

I wouldn't really want the choice because that would annoy me. "You have two guy designs to choose from but only one girl!" It would feel like Game Freak was reverting back to their 'catering to men only' days.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Forever
let it go

Oh, no, I meant the design of the rival = the protag, and the design of the protag = the rival. So you basically could only choose one, but you'd see the current protag as the rival, since he looks better. :3 Wishful thinking however.
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I LOVE these new designs. I'm a girl, so I don't really care about the boy's character, but he's....okay....but the girl is AMAZING.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
The character designs are amazing! I love the female's art! And the rival looks kind of dark if you ask me.

As for the other characters. I think their alright I don't have anything to say about them.

And yes I think this is a beta. Their appearances are going to change for sure. These designs aren't going to be final.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM
★Midnight★

I love them all! Actually, at first, I thought they where the same protagonists from the first Black and White, two years later!
I love the rivals hair, and his eyes..they look sorta goldish to me.
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
What I like about the new characters so far:

Male PC
I know a lot of people complain about his hair but he's pretty good-looking and is only the third male PC to wear shorts.

Female PC
I love most of the female PCs and she's no exception. I love her cute hair and that skirt-shorts thing of hers. I'm a girl anyway so that's why I like her.

Rival (Hihihiroshi)
He looks weird compared to other rivals, especially with the hair and clothing. Cheren will always be my fave rival cos of him being a nerd but I'm hoping I get to name this "Hihihiroshi" guy.

Akuroma
He probably has the quirkiest hair of any character in history. That's what I like about him and I think with that mysteriousness about him makes him even cooler.

Homika
I like that we finally have a rock chick Gym Leader. Poison isn't exactly my fave type but I love all that fanart of her popping up on sites like Zerochan, Pixiv, Tumblr and DeviantArt. She is so cool!

Shizui
I really don't like that tanned skin of his, at least I love Water-types though.
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Crysta Blade
Shooty Refutey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Rival (Hihihiroshi)
He looks weird compared to other rivals, especially with the hair and clothing. Cheren will always be my fave rival cos of him being a nerd but I'm hoping I get to name this "Hihihiroshi" guy.
Oh, we will. How else would PokéSmash have named him something silly?

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
My Dangan Ronpa sprites are also available in avatar size!
3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
Formerly known as Suicune Girl.
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Beth
DEAD ACCOUNT

I can't get over how cute they are!
I was thinking maybe their names were Black and White, but I think those are Cheren and Bianca's names in Japanese (Correct me if I'm wrong).
The female looks like a Skye to me.
Seriously though, Hilda/Hilbert aren't bad names. Someone with either of those names could be reading this, so be nice.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:23 AM
IKawaiiThief
Summer Sakura Trainer!

I think Homika looks awesome with her bass guitar, and she'll make an awesome gym leader, with her team being:

Koffing level 15
Venipede level 13

Shizui...I think they could have had him lost the tan, or lose the white on his lower body, I mean, c'mon, it looks weird >_< His team'll be:

Psyduck level 20
Alomola level 18
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
CyanFlame
Gotta get the sauce

Nature: Jolly
I think the new avatars look like hippies. Just sayin'...!

Old April 28th, 2012, 01:06 PM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
I like the new characters we will be using, but I still want an appearance from the Striaton Trio!

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Crysta Blade
Shooty Refutey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
I was thinking maybe their names were Black and White, but I think those are Cheren and Bianca's names in Japanese (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Bianca was Bel in the original and Cheren was still Cheren.

I just hope they don't give them similar-sounding names. It just seems kinda lazy, to have stuff like Hilbert/Hilda or Touya/Touko, y'know?

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
My Dangan Ronpa sprites are also available in avatar size!
3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
Formerly known as Suicune Girl.
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
ミズゴロウ
nations

The female character looks pathetic... The male characters never look good to me (except for Red and Yuki) I like the rival though, except for his shirt. Why such a weird turtleneck?
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Sonicfan9988
Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥

The female character is EPIC WIN IMO =D! She is just SO adorable that you could just give her a hug!

The poison type gym leader and the rival are cool, too.

Credit for the Sonic and Pokemon X & Y heroine friendship icon goes to Lakia on the Bulbagarden forums and Nix-U on DeviantArt.

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa fanboy for life! The best video game characters ever!

I am now a moderator on the Romeo Sigs Forum! If you join, Sonic, Hilda & Rosa will be very happy!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links