The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Red, Steven, Cynthia and such could return as 'super bosses', each giving a choice of pokemon as a reward.

I don't think there would ever be more than one set of starters in the regional pokedex. I don't think this is an issue. But imagine 45/300 pokes being starter... (just a passing thought)
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
pokemonpokemonpokemon59
The official Machoke

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonpokemonpokemon59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
The new Professor discovered that Emboar is a Pure Fire Type after all....
---Is that to much to ask for?
For Gamefreak, Yes.

Imagine a B/W vs B/W2 game and someone is using emboar.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Looks like we keep the same starters.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Looks like we keep the same starters.
We were already kinda aware of that, but thanks for reposting old news? Haha.

As for who we receive them from, that's another question.
Perhaps since we're near a school we'll receive them from a teacher this time rather than a professor as a nice change from things?
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:59 AM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
I'm fine with this. Looks like I'm picking Oshawott once more
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post

We were already kinda aware of that, but thanks for reposting old news? Haha.

As for who we receive them from, that's another question.
Perhaps since we're near a school we'll receive them from a teacher this time rather than a professor as a nice change from things?
Oh, that would be really cool!! It would be a nice change if we were students of a trainer school for a little bit before we go on an adventure and we're given a Pokémon that way. Whether it be from a professor paying a visit to the school, or some other way.
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I just hope they don't slam the "school" part into our heads too much, like forcing us to go through basic things that we already know (except for catching since that's in every game). That would make for a super boring intro haha.
PM
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Receiving our starters from a school teacher really does change things up, and it would give us a different way to meet the professor too! But if we don't start out to be 10 like in Black and White, I don't see why we would need to go to a school to get our starter. Plus, I'd much rather GameFreak give us a little hint in the beginning when Akumora hands us our starter Pokémon as to why he would if evil.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:44 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
First you get a pidove. Then you suffer through the tutorial section. (ie Trainer School) Once the tutorial is over, you get the running shoes, a starter pokemon, and you get to leave the stupid tutorial behind forever.

That's how I see it. The starter is given as a graduation gift, not just given to any 10 year old.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Chopgood18
Beginning Trainer

I wonder if they would have you start off with Reshiram or Zekrom depending on which game you bought and Reshiram/Zekrom gets stolen and you have to start off and your mom tells you to go see the professor and he will help you get them back in return for filling out the pokedex

That would be an awsome opening . the player vs. Black Kyurem or White Kyurem and you lose badly or the fight gets interrupted by Team Plasma or whichever new team they will have

Last edited by Chopgood18; April 13th, 2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:47 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I'm 99% sure they won't change the starters. But I am just curious what the twist will be. They might just be talking about how we obtain the starters, and not the starters themselves.

Maybe we'll find out tomorrow when they show footage on Smash.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopgood18 View Post
I wonder if they would have you start off with Reshiram or Zekrom depending on which game you bought and Reshiram/Zekrom gets stolen and you have to start off and your mom tells you to go see the professor and he will help you get them back in return for filling out the pokedex :)

That would be an awsome opening :). the player vs. Black Kyurem or White Kyurem and you lose badly or the fight gets interrupted by Team Plasma or whichever new team they will have
But then you'd have like... a level 5 Reshiram or Zekrom. o_O Wouldn't that be way overpowered early on? XD; I'd much rather just the normal starters. :x
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
I wish they would do what the company who did the GC games did with a preset one.
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM
BBA_Beyblader_321
♥ the abbey boys

Nature: Sassy
I thought there was a new professor. So shouldn't we be receiving the pokemon from that guy? Where'd you find the information about the school teacher :/

I also think they're keeping the original starters from the unova reigon :(
kinda sucks, but makes sense. I'll bet the older pokemon are just for catching variety.
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Chopgood18
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

But then you'd have like... a level 5 Reshiram or Zekrom. Wouldn't that be way overpowered early on? XD; I'd much rather just the normal starters. :x
No I mean they would be level 50 Black Kyurem or White Kyurem (Whichever you're fighting) is around level 55 in the middle of your battle you're inturrupted etc. It would be nice *sigh*
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Forever
let it go

Probably even more unlikely. Starting off with level 50 would significantly harm your journey, whereas Tepig/Oshawott/Snivy would be an appropriate start.
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
It would be nice to have different starters. I'm not a huge fan of the Unova starters so if it's them again, I'm just gonna trade in something else as soon as I can. Probably a Cherubi. :P

I do like the idea of the school, though. That makes a lot more sense to me re: pokemon trainers than professors handing out Pokemon to random kids in their town.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
It would be nice to have different starters. I'm not a huge fan of the Unova starters so if it's them again, I'm just gonna trade in something else as soon as I can. Probably a Cherubi. :P

I do like the idea of the school, though. That makes a lot more sense to me re: pokemon trainers than professors handing out Pokemon to random kids in their town.
You do begin with the same starters. :(

That's true but I guess it's what the Professors were made to do (though they only have three choices)? Not that I don't like the idea of switching it up. I'd really like that. I want more out of the professor since it seems all that's been given were small roles (like Juniper calling up and appearing at different scenes - only for a short period of time though). & It does seem like there is going to be more to do with this professor and I'm really interested in that!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
apahllo
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
id really like to see a fixed starter like in pokemon yellow. mareep no way. eevee would be a cool idea. get some new eeveelutions as well.

i dont want to see these starters again. i picked tepig who was hugely disappointing as a pokemon... i think its almost lazy to have the same ones. someone mentioned that each region has universal starters so we arent getting 3 new fire/water/grass pokemon.

really hoping they dont slip up, black/white turned out to be amazing games, dont want just another story. new pokemon AND new story then id be in love!
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
The same starters. Also the professor reminds of N for some reason. I think he's going to be an antagonist.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm still happy we get the same Unova starters. I'm still gonna pick Oshawott!
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Chopgood18
Beginning Trainer

No no no it would be a continuation of Black and White. You know after you complete everything and capture the Reshiram/ Zekrom. You don't keep the m in the beginning you lose them because your battle gets interrupted and someone steals your legendary admidst the confusion....ugh nevermind
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I'm kind of liking the thought of a school teacher giving me my first Pokemon. That'd make the person my favorite teacher EVER. It makes sense, though, if you ask me. Teachers give you the tools you need to learn, or in this case Pokemon, and then you learn with those tools. A scientist/professor who researches Pokemon give them to you more so as an experiment. I always feels like a Professor's Aide more than anything else.
So if it's a teacher giving me my Tepig, I'm stoked. <3

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
You do begin with the same starters.
Has it been confirmed?
Because it'd be a shame to play with the same starters once again.
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
The starters will be the same as they were in B&W. Gamefreak won't make that kind of drastic change I don't think.
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links