Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 A water theme, perhaps?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 13th, 2012 (06:42 AM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
It appears to me that Kyurem is wreaking havoc on the environment of Unova. Just look Entralink island and the apparent craters in Driftveil. So I'm guessing the water levels are rising and falling all over and that's why the tunnels were built. Two years seems kind of quick for something like that to be built but I don't really apply logic to the Pokemon series. But I loved the Dive/Surfing aspects of Hoenn so I wouldn't mind a similar thing happening in B2W2.
Old April 13th, 2012 (06:50 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Ooh logic! Perhaps that could also be due to the fact that Abyssal Ruins had "rushing currents" and something about that pressure just sorta spread to the rest of Unova when Kyurem started attacking, causing... something. Dunno the technical word for it but Abyssal Ruins I feel are related. :3
Old April 22nd, 2012 (07:42 AM).
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
In Gen V, Dive Balls were changed back to their original function: to work on Pokémon underwater. Yet, in the ONE diveable location, there were no Pokémon. So I think we can expect some underwater grass patches.

And maybe even... a water temple. That'd be cool, right? What could go wrong?
Old April 22nd, 2012 (07:59 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
That's actually a very astute observation, I hadn't really noticed they were wearing wetsuits/bathing suits (as such).
However, I don't really think it means that much with regards to gameplay or anything- look at Platinum. The protagonists' redesigns had them wearing warmer clothes because Sinnoh was getting colder- but for no real reason at all. I think it's just because they're in a kinda watery area when they start out; in the trailer, when the player is talking to the Water Gym leader (Shuzui, or something?), there's palm trees in the background, iirc. It's just sorta suggestive of where the player is starting out, I'm not sire it's indicative of a particular theme in the games.

I basically agree with this post:
Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
Those swimsuits are indicating that new protagonists live in area divided from mainland by water. I think they have nothing to do with swimming or diving without Pokemon. Perhaps protagonists' design will be changed to full swimsuit while surfing or diving.

And I think that the whole addition of water theme is hinting to R/S remakes but it's not discussion for this thread.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (09:25 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by tj4bigred:
In Gen V, Dive Balls were changed back to their original function: to work on Pokémon underwater. Yet, in the ONE diveable location, there were no Pokémon. So I think we can expect some underwater grass patches.

And maybe even... a water temple. That'd be cool, right? What could go wrong?
No they weren't. Their flavor text was changed to Pokemon living underwater, not Catches Pokemon better while diving, which was the original version. Its still the x3.5 rate while surfing or fishing in Black and White.

As of right now we don't know if Dive is still an active mechanic to the game, that was to show off some of the 3D models that they had placed in the game world, like the bridges and the two towers.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (10:25 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I'd be very disappointed if Dive wasn't a mechanic, because they didn't expand of it enough in B/W. But then again, if the Abyssal Ruins do resurface, that could mean tones of things. I could see the place being something like N's Castle near the end of the main story/where the end of the main story takes place. But, yeah - water theme. I am actually seeing it, but it could be for many reasons, if half of Unova is apparently frozen (which is discussion I'm not fully backing right now) then it would make sense, due to ice melting and the rest of Unova flooding. It could be global warming. There was that Pacifidlog looking Town in a scan, which does look fishy to me. :x

Old April 22nd, 2012 (10:41 AM).
Classic Elegance
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
I just hope they keep the amount of water in check. I for one do not want to see another Hoenn where a large percentage of the place is underwater and those creepy swimmers in speedos are a dime a dozen. More water than B/W Unova would be fine, as it really didn't feature much water. Of course, there better be some high-quality Water Pokemon to be had if they're adding water. But I don't want Unova looking like Archie and Team Aqua resurfaced and actually succeeded in covering half the place in water.

And Dive to me NEVER made sense as a gameplay mechanic. Because of the lack of scuba gear and the threat of hypothermia. Of course, a lot of the things in Pokemon never made any sense to me, so...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 22nd, 2012 (10:47 AM).

Based on the visible map, compared to the other, it doesn't look like you HAVE to use Surf or Dive like in B/W. So Water should be pretty tame if not, pretty much out of the way. Most of the time you needed Surf/Waterfall was post E4 travel.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (01:31 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Well tbh you never had to use them in B/W either, since HMs weren't necessary, etc. Only if you wanted to get the extra things. With B2W2, Surf/Dive could still be utilised a bit, since there's a whole lot of water near Castelia and stuff that you can't access in B/W, well, things could've changed! Besides there's potential for dive spots in Route 17/18 tbh. I'd say it has a bigger theme though and that it might just be a post-game thing, but water will have a major role imo.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (06:21 AM).
Lump Appraiser

I hope there are underwater locations, that was one of my favorite parts of playing R/S, mostly cause I liked bragging about all the Relicanth I would catch. x3
Old April 23rd, 2012 (02:59 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Their is a lot of water, and that town in the trailer that the water gym leader was in makes me think that this region will have as much of a water theme as Hoenn did...
Old April 23rd, 2012 (04:24 PM).

Its very possible actually.......hey maybe now magicarps splash attack will do something!!!!!
ROFL- watch it be the same as sheer cold haha
Old April 23rd, 2012 (09:23 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by dreamcatcher:
I hope there are underwater locations, that was one of my favorite parts of playing R/S, mostly cause I liked bragging about all the Relicanth I would catch. x3
Yeah hopefully, maybe an extended Abyssal Ruins and some general underwater routes. :3

Quote originally posted by FREEFIGHTER07:
Its very possible actually.......hey maybe now magicarps splash attack will do something!!!!!
ROFL- watch it be the same as sheer cold haha
I... doubt that. XD; Splash ain't gunna do much ever imo.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (09:27 PM).

Just noticed something when you meet Shizui, there is a metalic bridge in the same area as all his other screen shots that pans off to the right. Could that be the entrance to the Under Water Tunnel? If so where does it lead? Could it be that they managed to air pocket Abyssal Ruins for exploration?

It really does seem like he would be in the new Dock like city that is where Undella used to be and that the tunnel could be there as well. If you can take that tunnel underwater I wonder where it goes if not to connect Castella with the new starter town side.
Old April 24th, 2012 (08:09 PM).

I missed using surf. Felt odd
Old April 25th, 2012 (04:31 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
I like the idea of this, possibly an underwater city of come sorts?
That could tie in with the underwater gym and so on. As long as you didn't have random battles in the actual city! XD
Old April 25th, 2012 (05:52 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ToriSora:
I missed using surf. Felt odd
I'm sure surf will have more of a role in B2/W2, and if it doesn't, that... just does not make sense at all considering the hints so far. XD;

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Just noticed something when you meet Shizui, there is a metalic bridge in the same area as all his other screen shots that pans off to the right. Could that be the entrance to the Under Water Tunnel? If so where does it lead? Could it be that they managed to air pocket Abyssal Ruins for exploration?

It really does seem like he would be in the new Dock like city that is where Undella used to be and that the tunnel could be there as well. If you can take that tunnel underwater I wonder where it goes if not to connect Castella with the new starter town side.
Yeah I think the tunnel connects to Castelia tbh. I want it to connect somewhere else but I just see it as the new Skyarrow. :(

Quote originally posted by Captain Fabio:
I like the idea of this, possibly an underwater city of come sorts?
That could tie in with the underwater gym and so on. As long as you didn't have random battles in the actual city! XD
Well... that's interesting--actually just thought of something related, a water version of White Forest/Black City! :3 Well, since there's the whole ice theme and such, and that water is kinda hinted to by everything... I think it'd be a nice overall exclusive thing. Maybe one version could have water on top, and the other version can have water belowwww, or the remains of the ruins there!
Old April 25th, 2012 (06:06 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Forever:
Well... that's interesting--actually just thought of something related, a water version of White Forest/Black City! :3 Well, since there's the whole ice theme and such, and that water is kinda hinted to by everything... I think it'd be a nice overall exclusive thing. Maybe one version could have water on top, and the other version can have water belowwww, or the remains of the ruins there!
What can I say, I have an interesting mind! XDD

I think it would just be a cool theme to have element based towns/cities/forests.
Old April 25th, 2012 (06:10 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Well I'd only want a water one based on the opposite versions. The other "elements" aren't really related, but a new water city based on your version? Yes plz. Also possibly we might get access to new "islands" if there really is a water theme, perhaps that's where the city could be found, or at least under those.
Old April 25th, 2012 (06:14 AM).
Lump Appraiser

I really like the theme of a more water-based Unova map I missed surfing everywhere with an HM slave. An underwater city would be interesting or a sunken forest. I hope there's some type of sea floor to be explored, that was one of my favorite features in R/S. <3
Old April 25th, 2012 (06:20 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

A sunken forest...? What do you mean by that? Sorta a forest half covered by water? Because omg, that'd be amazing. Sure it'd be due to global warming or something, but it'd give your character some sort of urgency as well as provide a nice place to capture different Pokemon. :3
Old April 25th, 2012 (06:23 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Maybe so, it wouldn't fit but I like the idea! XD

A half/flooded forest would be cool. Or a frozen one, which would tie into the main legendary? IDK.
Old April 25th, 2012 (03:50 PM).

Quote originally posted by Forever:

Yeah I think the tunnel connects to Castelia tbh. I want it to connect somewhere else but I just see it as the new Skyarrow.
Yes...but there is no beach at the port city between the new Starting City and Castella.
Old April 26th, 2012 (03:50 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Could be entirely underneath, tbh. You could have a kinda port-hole thing to come up through and between...?
Old April 26th, 2012 (04:21 PM).
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
This all seems very interesting. The idea of underwater towns is a wonderful one, and tbh Undella was a pretty boring town in any time but summer...the only cool thing was the summer music. The Riches were dumb, and I wouldnt mind that city being replaced with some sort of port.

Sponsored Links