Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:14 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
can you feel the love tonight?
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 34,726
Oh because of the whole opposites thing? Maybe. If not I wouldn't mind seeing a greater importance placed on Emolga in Pikachu's place if it doesn't have a role.
__________________
Dream World ☆ Adoption Program
Join it now • Paired irl with Frizy

Relevant Advertising!

  #302    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:20 AM).
(Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
(Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Oh because of the whole opposites thing? Maybe. If not I wouldn't mind seeing a greater importance placed on Emolga in Pikachu's place if it doesn't have a role.
Oui.
And I would have thought that when they made Black and White, but Emolga's only importance was that it was in Elesa's team and that you could trade a Boldore for one. Other than that it was pretty absent. If they do bring back Pikachu I hope they give it a little more importance than it has been given. As much as I don't like it, it IS the franchise's mascot You'd expect to see a little more of it.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they bring in Magikarp and Gyarados. <3
Maybe not give them as many routes and towns as they have been given since the franchise began, but a little something, maybe like one or two routes.
__________________
"I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
Instagram
  #303    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:24 AM).
PaxAmericana's Avatar
PaxAmericana PaxAmericana is offline
Resident Peacekeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alabama
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 808
With them bringing back Magby-Magmar-Magmortar, I get the feeling they will bring back Elekid-Electabuzz-Electivire as well, and so my question is: Does anyone else feel the same way?
  #304    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:26 AM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,592
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Anyway, I'm really hoping they bring in Magikarp and Gyarados. <3
Maybe not give them as many routes and towns as they have been given since the franchise began, but a little something, maybe like one or two routes.
This, I'd like to see. After all, Magikarp and Gyarados were in the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Dexes. I don't see any reason to exclude them from the new Unova Dex. At least I don't have to waste P500 to buy one like in the original B/W.
__________________

  #305    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:32 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
can you feel the love tonight?
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 34,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Oui.
And I would have thought that when they made Black and White, but Emolga's only importance was that it was in Elesa's team and that you could trade a Boldore for one. Other than that it was pretty absent. If they do bring back Pikachu I hope they give it a little more importance than it has been given. As much as I don't like it, it IS the franchise's mascot You'd expect to see a little more of it.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they bring in Magikarp and Gyarados. <3
Maybe not give them as many routes and towns as they have been given since the franchise began, but a little something, maybe like one or two routes.
Yeah I want Gyarados too, maybe someone around route 17/18 if they're still accessible might own one, too. But yeah other than maybe being on the fishing rod I don't really think they fit in much. XD;
__________________
Dream World ☆ Adoption Program
Join it now • Paired irl with Frizy
  #306    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:38 AM).
(Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
(Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
This, I'd like to see. After all, Magikarp and Gyarados were in the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Dexes. I don't see any reason to exclude them from the new Unova Dex. At least I don't have to waste P500 to buy one like in the original B/W.
That one's my favorite. ;;
But yeah! They've appeared wild in every game, let them have a shot in this one, even if it is on just one route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post


Yeah I want Gyarados too, maybe someone around route 17/18 if they're still accessible might own one, too. But yeah other than maybe being on the fishing rod I don't really think they fit in much. XD;
No they don't at all, really. xD
But it'd be nice if they were placed in at least one little route where you can catch them off of a rod or something. Maybe the little surfing spots or something.
__________________
"I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
Instagram
  #307    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:46 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
can you feel the love tonight?
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 34,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
No they don't at all, really. xD
But it'd be nice if they were placed in at least one little route where you can catch them off of a rod or something. Maybe the little surfing spots or something.
Or maybe a larger event than what was at the bridge in B/W when you got Magikarp. A Gyarados/Magikarp fishing contest, winner gets one and a prize for whichever is biggest? And for that to be the only place to catch them obv. Maybe near where Shizui is found. :3
__________________
Dream World ☆ Adoption Program
Join it now • Paired irl with Frizy
  #308    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:54 AM).
(Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
(Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post


Or maybe a larger event than what was at the bridge in B/W when you got Magikarp. A Gyarados/Magikarp fishing contest, winner gets one and a prize for whichever is biggest? And for that to be the only place to catch them obv. Maybe near where Shizui is found. :3
-twitch-
That would be beautiful! D8
Gyarados AND Shizui (dat tan) in one sitting? You ma'am, are a genius.
I'm hoping they add a lot more Water-type Pokemon into the games, as well. I'd love to see Goldeen and Seaking make a return. <3
There are plenty of little ponds for them to live in, too! Lotad and its family would be pretty epic to have added to the games, as well. No Tentacool. Leave that little guy out. :c
__________________
"I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
Instagram
  #309    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:56 AM).
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
Nyeh?
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 12,592
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Since we're talking about whether or not Magikarp and Gyarados would be in the game, how about Feebas and Milotic? All 4 Pokemon were together in the Hoenn and Sinnoh dexes, plus they're counterparts to one another (Magikarp to Feebas and Gyarados to Milotic).
__________________

  #310    
Old May 30th, 2012 (7:59 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
can you feel the love tonight?
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 34,726
I really don't see them making a return. Given that they were the rarest in Hoenn and that we think R/S remakes are soon, imo I think they'll save them for the remakes rather than give them an appearance in B2W2.
__________________
Dream World ☆ Adoption Program
Join it now • Paired irl with Frizy
  #311    
Old May 30th, 2012 (8:03 AM).
(Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
(Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 2,653
Idk, I could see them making a return. Maybe have much less importance than a possible Magikarp/Gyarados return, but still be there. They may very well be in the same area with the same appearance rate, Magikarp and Feebas having 40%, Milotic and Gyarados having 10% or w/e. Either way, I don't see them really taking them out just because of the possibility of an R/S remake.
__________________
"I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
Instagram
  #312    
Old May 30th, 2012 (9:55 AM).
ANinyMouse's Avatar
ANinyMouse ANinyMouse is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender:
Posts: 70
So far, we have...

Riolu Lucario
Psyduck Golduck
Lapras
Belbum Metang Metagross
Larvitar Pupitar Tyranitar
Sneasel Weavile
Growlithe Arcanine
Mareep Flaafy Ampharos
Eevee Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Espeon Umbreon Leafeon Glaceon
Grimer Muk
Koffing Weezing
Absol
Wingull Pelipper
Drifloon Drifblim
Sunkern Sunflora
Zangoose
Seviper
Buneary Lopunny
Magnemite Magneton Magnezone
Magby Magmar Magmortar
Azurill Marill Azumarill
Mantyke Mantine
Zubat Golbat Crobat


...which brings us to... only 55/150 of the old Pokemon known to us so far. That's not many! But, if we add all the Eastern Unova ones, all the Swarms, and all the ones found by fishing (all from BW), we get WAY OVER 150. Thus, I think it's safe to say that the 150 old Pokemon that are in the Unova Dex are just the ones that are found before completing the main storyline, while others will show up after beating the main game.
  #313    
Old May 30th, 2012 (1:38 PM).
Zayphora's Avatar
Zayphora Zayphora is offline
Don't mess with the lights...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere beyond the Veil
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 493
I WANT my Milotics!! I got one postgame at rt 1 and it's awesome, but it took foreeeeever to catch! Sadly, they prob. won't be included...
__________________
  #314    
Old May 30th, 2012 (1:41 PM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
I WANT my Milotics!! I got one postgame at rt 1 and it's awesome, but it took foreeeeever to catch! Sadly, they prob. won't be included...
Weren't they included in B/W? I don't see why they would take them out in the new ones...
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #315    
Old May 30th, 2012 (5:05 PM).
ANinyMouse's Avatar
ANinyMouse ANinyMouse is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender:
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post


Weren't they included in B/W? I don't see why they would take them out in the new ones...
Because not all the Gen 1-4 Pokemon are gonna fit in the expanded Unova Regional Pokedex, as I was saying above. After you beat the main storyline, however, I don't see any reason why Feebas wouldn't be included.
  #316    
Old May 31st, 2012 (6:17 AM).
PaxAmericana's Avatar
PaxAmericana PaxAmericana is offline
Resident Peacekeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alabama
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 808
I wonder if the will pull an Emerald on us and give us one of the Sinnoh starters after we beat the game.

Remember, in Emerald, they gave one of the Johto starters to us.

Even though B2W2 is a sequel, it could happen.
  #317    
Old May 31st, 2012 (8:53 AM).
Forever's Avatar
Forever Forever is offline
can you feel the love tonight?
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Queensland
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 34,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram Man View Post
I wonder if the will pull an Emerald on us and give us one of the Sinnoh starters after we beat the game.

Remember, in Emerald, they gave one of the Johto starters to us.

Even though B2W2 is a sequel, it could happen.
That would be kinda boring to do imo. XD; We receive every set of starters basically in every game (okay minus a few, but still) and having to choose from the Sinnoh group would just kinda lose the appeal of Unova just having its own + new natives. :(
__________________
Dream World ☆ Adoption Program
Join it now • Paired irl with Frizy
  #318    
Old May 31st, 2012 (8:57 AM).
PaxAmericana's Avatar
PaxAmericana PaxAmericana is offline
Resident Peacekeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alabama
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post


That would be kinda boring to do imo. XD; We receive every set of starters basically in every game (okay minus a few, but still) and having to choose from the Sinnoh group would just kinda lose the appeal of Unova just having its own + new natives.
Now that I think of it, it would be kinda boring to do, but again, it was just a thought.
------------------------------
I really wish they'd at least release some new Pokedexes news sometime soon before the release.
I really want these two lines to return
Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence
Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite

They are overused, but they are amazing nonetheless.
  #319    
Old May 31st, 2012 (9:17 AM).
Oryx's Avatar
Oryx Oryx is offline
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 13,206
I always found Salamence really boring. I mean, he's like...the most basic dragon-looking thing you can have. :( Idk not one I would ever use, haha.
__________________


Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

  #320    
Old May 31st, 2012 (9:21 AM).
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
black and white ★
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 15,896
I can see Taillow & Hoothoot being available early on as the bird Pokémon, I can see them fitting in quite nicely.
__________________
» release me ♪
  #321    
Old May 31st, 2012 (9:26 AM).
PaxAmericana's Avatar
PaxAmericana PaxAmericana is offline
Resident Peacekeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alabama
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I can see Taillow & Hoothoot being available early on as the bird Pokémon, I can see them fitting in quite nicely.
Either them or Starly, because Starly is pretty amazing for a start off bird.
Starly could fit in okay just as well as Tailow and Hoothoot for the early on bird.
  #322    
Old May 31st, 2012 (2:49 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 17,150
Well it'll be nice if we could get the Sinnoh starters to cut off from the old DS games much like gen IV did with gen III with HgSs.
I see two of the regional birds being in one game and the other two in the other. Pigey and Hoothoot in Black 2 with Swallow and Starly in White 2 or vise versa/ another combo.
__________________
# TeamRowlet
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun
  #323    
Old June 2nd, 2012 (7:47 AM).
(Duzzy<3)'s Avatar
(Duzzy<3) (Duzzy<3) is offline
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 2,653
I honestly can't see any of the regional birds returning to be THIS region's bird, especially since Unova already has one. Yeah they're bringing back a lot of Pokemon, but something with that type of status, I just can't see coming in until post-game times.
__________________
"I've been able to see spirits since I was born!" - Jesse Anderson
Instagram
  #324    
Old June 2nd, 2012 (8:19 AM).
Lt. Col. Fantastic's Avatar
Lt. Col. Fantastic Lt. Col. Fantastic is offline
The Arianator
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: America
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram Man View Post
I just now noticed this. If you look in the bottom left corner of one of the scans, there are the 2 Kyurem formes. Lucario stands in front of one, while Metagross stands in front of the other. Could this mean Lucario and/or Metagross are version exclusives?
Well, they are both dual steel types, but I don't think they will do that. Metagross has 3 forms and Lucario has two, and game freak loves symetricality. ( Is that a word? )

I also hope we don't have the same starters. I think ( dont shoot me! ) that the fire/water/grass starter tradition is getting old. We could see something like fight/dark/psychic or electric/flying/ground....you know what? That sounds lame. Keep the starters.
  #325    
Old June 2nd, 2012 (11:10 AM).
SchwarzRozen's Avatar
SchwarzRozen SchwarzRozen is offline
Sugary Delight
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Richmond, VA
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 134
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Fight/Dark/Psy would never go into play as there is an Immunity, and same with Electric/Flying/Ground.

I say Pikachu will be in it, because its the one that appears everywhere. I also am going to call out Abra, mostly because I really want it xD
__________________
~|FC - 2409-6359-0843|~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:54 PM.