Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2012 (09:43 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I really doubt they will connect those two...they should have saved it for the post dex if there was to be a connection and have made that connection in the originals...I feel that it's simply too late now...
Old April 12th, 2012 (09:59 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Game Freak knew what they were doing when they modeled Bouffalant/Tauros and Alomomola/Luvdisc the way they did, they didn't just forget that the previous Pokemon existed. I don't think they ever intended for evolution lines to be connected, as they don't look like 'evolutions', just similar.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 12th, 2012 (11:04 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Luvdisc sucks on purpose to prove that heart is a lame power. Luvdisc might get an evolution in the future, but his stats would stay the same. Why? Cuz Luvdisc! That's why!

Alomomola is not amused by your wild accusation that Luvdisc looks similar to her highness.
Old April 12th, 2012 (11:06 PM).
KingDrapion
dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.

I don't get how they would introduce another 150 foreign pokemon into Unova. But since this is 2 years later anything could happen. I'm just happy Eevee is in the game. i really want an Espeon and Umbreon. Looking at the scans, I guess that they have not made any sprite changes like they have done in previous versions.
Old April 12th, 2012 (11:07 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
^ Yes more like expies of those two like Audino to Chansey.
I can see them dividing the Pseudo's with Tyranitar, Salamence, and Hydreigon in one and Dragonite, Metagross, and Garchomp in the other. or Maybe Slacking will take Hydreigon's place if the were to do version exclusives so that they may include Hydre. into both games again.
Old April 13th, 2012 (02:11 AM).
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Marill is seen on this pre order poster so here's 3 more. https://twitter.com/#!/nyomo/status/190735687807549440/photo/1/large
Old April 13th, 2012 (02:16 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Speculating which Pokémon from previous generations will be added into Unova? I'm just glad GameFreak is adding Pokémon over to Unova! It gets really boring without the others.

However I'm guessing that a lot of the look alike Pokémon will be in the games, just because it would make sense to have them be in the same areas/locations. Chansey and Audino EXP. Mmm.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012 (02:19 AM).
Forever
let it go

Ooh that's awesome @ above poster. I really like the collection of Pokemon so far, past gen Pokemon I don't actually hate!
Old April 13th, 2012 (03:07 AM).
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm loving the selection so far. Seems to be a good mix of first and second generation pokemon, which is where most of my favourites come from anyway. I can see them adding Pikachu in somewhere, or maybe getting it as a gift. I could see them adding Pokemon like Cacnea, Trapinch, Sandshrew, etc. into the desert area too.
Old April 13th, 2012 (04:07 AM).
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

I saw a Mareep in one of the scans - I'm pretty much good to go.

But really, I was pretty surprised by the decision to bring in some of the old guys. I think it's great, though, since we now get an even bigger variety to choose to use in-game.

Maybe if they're focusing on a water aspect in the game, they might consider bringing in some more Water types? Instead of Zubat in caves, we'll get back Tentacool in the water. Yay!
Old April 13th, 2012 (05:23 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

I don't find their addition of new Pokemon surprising at all. In the original games, they weren't part of the Unova Pokedex because it was a recent outbreak of Pokemon, that hadn't been there long enough to become part of the ecology. Now though it's 2 years into the future, those Pokemon have had more than enough time to settle in and be included in the Pokedex.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 13th, 2012 (05:54 AM).
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I'd love to see the Pichu line and the Gastly line in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2!
Old April 13th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
I don't find their addition of new Pokemon surprising at all. In the original games, they weren't part of the Unova Pokedex because it was a recent outbreak of Pokemon, that hadn't been there long enough to become part of the ecology. Now though it's 2 years into the future, those Pokemon have had more than enough time to settle in and be included in the Pokedex.
That and the theory I thought of that they escaped from Dream World, or that everyone visited there and they just... fit in after a while, rather than the post-game Pokemon fitting in. Actually, if the post-game Pokemon and the normal ones are in the PokeDex, how much room does that leave for everything else?
Old April 13th, 2012 (07:23 AM).
Zeph.
Casual Player, Silly Username

Nature: Lax
As long as Munchlax is available for capture. I'll be more than a happy man.

Pretty sure the Pikachu family is a given too.

/ω´ 3`)。
Old April 13th, 2012 (08:00 AM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
What I think they're doing is sloooowly but suuurely linking us to the Hoenn sequel. And then we know why in BW there's not any old Pokés. And then once they finish BW2 development they're gonna announce a Hoenn remake. Lols

Old April 13th, 2012 (11:46 AM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm excited for the Beldum line and Eevee for no other reason than Jolteon.

I'd like to see Meowth/Persian in the game but I'm not getting my hopes up... just as long as there's some sort of cat Pokemon I can use I'll be happy.

I really don't want to see any Pokemon whose names end in "chu" but I fear it will be a very real possibility.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 13th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Now thinking about it, after you beat the Elite Four the first time around in Black and White, a new area was opened where you got to battle/catch wild Pokémon from previous generations. They never gave us an explanation how they got there right? So advancing Unova to have the other Pokémon is no shock at all. I even expect to see the same Pokémon from that area be in the games too. :B

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012 (08:00 PM).
MattyyO!
Beginning Trainer

I will say this. I've been a Pokemon fan since I received Pokemon Blue for my sixth birthday in 1999. I loved Pokemon Gold, Sapphire, and Diamond(not so much on this one). But for the longest time, I was really turned off on the idea of starting fresh in Pokemon. It took a lot of time, but I grew to like the 5th Gen as much as the 1st Gen I grew up with. So the idea that a lot of the classics will be integrated with my new found favorites really excites me. I haven't been this pumped for a Pokemon game since Sapphire.

look in my eyes
what do you see?
The Cult of Personality.
Old April 13th, 2012 (08:25 PM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Most likely every Pokemon that could be found in Unova region without Poke Transfer and Dream World. I always wondered why Pokemon like Absol and Ditto were found in Unova but weren't in the Unova Pokedex.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old April 13th, 2012 (08:48 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

I'm not entirely surprised. I was happy until they included Eevee, I'm sick of seeing it's stupid little face in ever single Pokemon game in the world. Other than that, the selection is pretty satisfying. I'm guessing Abra is going to make another appearance. I'm guessing most of the Pokemon from the post-game accessible areas will definitely make an appearance. I mean, years later they've been "revealed' to the region, they have got to have made homes in other places of the region, right? If so, I'm hoping Drifloon and Misdreavus will be available in the game, also.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
P0kelegend

A new Pokemon is being revealed in next month's Coro Coro. I wonder what it'll be? It could be a Gen VI Pokemon like Munchlax that wont even be in the games, or it may be something that will indeed be in the games.

Thoughts?
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:24 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by P0kelegend:
A new Pokemon is being revealed in next month's Coro Coro. I wonder what it'll be? It could be a Gen VI Pokemon like Munchlax that wont even be in the games, or it may be something that will indeed be in the games.

Thoughts?
A new Pokemon? o_O Yeah with all these older Pokemon that's kinda interesting...

All the formes have been released, which means it could literally be a new one, omg. OH WAIT, except Genesect. Ugh, hope it's not Genesect. >__>;
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:25 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri

Thoughts?
Genesect or they are just going to rain more of the older Pokemon down on us. Keep in mind these are "New to Unova" Pokemon.
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:29 PM). Edited April 13th, 2012 by Jellicent♀.
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Thoughts?
Huh.
I say it's just Genesect. Unless it really IS a new Pokemon, in which case I hope they just reveal a basic Pokemon. Revealing some super-cool uber awesome TOTES AWESOME Pokemon would be a bit of an overkill. Something small and cute, like Munchlax, yes, would do just fine.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old April 13th, 2012 (10:29 PM).
P0kelegend

It's going to be a Pokemon which will be in the upcoming movie btw.

That hidden Pokemon next to Meloetta is obviously its Pirouette forme, but the other one is the one that needs to be revealed.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links