< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks Non-Pokémon Fire Emblem 7 hack: Fire Emblem: Bloodlines| (7 chapter patch available)!

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Do you plan on playing this?
Yep! Looks interesting 68 91.89%
Nope, not familiar/interested 6 8.11%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old February 28th, 2015 (9:50 PM). Edited August 16th, 2015 by Ghaststation.

Fire Emblem: Bloodlines is an FE7 ROM hack inspired by the Shining Force and Pokemon series. With these elements combined, FEBL provides gameplay with FE7's engine, with a complex, character driven plot revolving around humans and anthropomorphic animals. Players will follow Bram and his two companions: Dewey, a gifted puppy with hidden powers. And Malcolm, a courageous and prideful Voluprian Crow on a quest to repatriate his homeland. Their destined journey across the world of Massias will surround them in a deeper and deeper darkness...
But only one thing is clear... If not them, who?

Hi Folks! My name is GhastStation. I'm a regular over on Serenes Forest (ROMHacking and Spriting, specifically). It's a pleasure to see so much ROM hacking hype for pokemon! I saw that Progressing Hacks also included non-pokemon hacks. The Fire Emblem hacking community isn't what it used to be, and some fansites are on their last legs...

So I thought this would be a good chance to see if there was some people interested in this here hack I've been working on for a year now! I'm not sure if any of you guys care, but I'm just an aspiring ROM hacker trying to make something great just like you! (Also there's probably interest here moreso than some fandoms tbh... :/ )So Please be nice :D. Here goes...

[CENTER]Before Man, the Viperae ruled.
Then, man arrived and together...
Both kingdoms thrived.
--
However, Man overstayed his welcome.
--
Soon the Viperae found themselves fighting desperately
against Man,
in a battle for territory and power.
This war was called Extinction.
--
Nearly destroyed, the Viperae
emigrated to a far country.
Not long thereafter, Man, Animal and Djuron
kingdoms would form...
All over the world.
--
I continue to live,
Disappointed in all of it.

Here's a spoiler infested video compilation of all of Bloodlines' custom animations for the first patch!

new patch coming soon!

This hack has custom mugs, animations, music, CG's, events... Basically custom everything... even map palettes!

Thanks for viewing this! Still not sure if I'll get any feedback from here but take a look if you want, please!

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 1st, 2015 (2:15 AM).

Fire Emblem was always a game I loved. The concept looks good. I hope I'll be able to give it a try soon.
Old March 1st, 2015 (3:11 AM).
Gold Tier

Looks great! :) I can't say I have much knowledge of fire emblem or the hacking scene, but I might have to try it out. Good luck!
Old March 1st, 2015 (10:57 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndaKava View Post
Fire Emblem was always a game I loved. The concept looks good. I hope I'll be able to give it a try soon.
thank you I hope you try it out soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Looks great! I can't say I have much knowledge of fire emblem or the hacking scene, but I might have to try it out. Good luck!
thanks!

thanks for the likes everyone, I hope people interested can this it a whirl! :D
Old March 1st, 2015 (1:24 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
This hack looks pretty cool and I'm pleasantly surprised to see a hack not Pokemon related on this site. Like Chrunch, I'm not familiar with the Fire Emblem series although I will try your hack out.

"Memories warm you up from
the inside."
Old March 1st, 2015 (2:00 PM).

thanks friend!
A bit of warning, the hack was designed with prior knowledge of Fire Emblem 7 game mechanics in mind (just like pkmn hacks). The hack, I've been told is difficult. So if you start playing and get stuck somewhere please let me know!
Old March 2nd, 2015 (3:07 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2015 by Ghaststation.

** Added a poll, please answer!

Hello guys! I decided to write up a quick little guide to help you if you're having a tough go at the game. I'm worried that the difficulty might be a tad disheartening for some that aren't familiar with fe hacks and whatnot. So here's a list of spoiler free things that could help!

Spoiler:

Riddles- Each chapter contains a riddle that the player needs to solve in order to find out the item's location. There is a riddle item in each chapter, so make sure you look in houses, or check out some suspicious looking areas!

Chapter 1- Dewey can access the locked door to the town hall by placing him on the grating on the side of the building. (this is hinted in the opening cutscene)
- Watch out for the ambush spawn, if you enter the area above the Red house which gives you the Green Tea, you'll trigger it! (The lady warns you about this)
- The riddle item is really helpful for the next chapter. Make sure you find it!

Chapter 2- The is a Fog of War chapter, so don't rush!
- The enemy reinforcements (gragan) are tough, so make sure you use the forest tiles to increase your evasion.
- Be prepared for the area that dewey hilights during the cutscene on turn 3, there are enemies waiting for dewey to be placed on that spot!

Chapter3-
- You need to mind the enemy attack range on this chapter. Flying archers will be hell on earth if you neglect their range!
- Don't turtle too much! Kadven warns that he will charge at you after 10 turns, and that's bad news!

Chapter4-
There are a lot of things you need to take care of in this chapter. You need to defend both thrones, not let Loyis die and kill Seeker. So you're gonna need to play defensively, but send a squad out to fight Seeker as well.
-Nilou can recruit Lemonie and Sadaati can recruit Nobia.
- Make use of the Green Tea from chapter 1, it will be really helpful in chapter 4's second part.

I hope this helped!
Old March 3rd, 2015 (10:16 PM).

hey guys, I made a poll question but instead of posting about it i just edited the above post. So I don't think a lot of folks saw it. I'd appreciate it if this forum gave me a consensus about interest on the hack. I mean so far there are 3 votes saying 'yes its interesting' which is great! But still.

Another thing, moreso for the mods but can you have multiple poll questions going on at once? Also, how do I remove polls? Can they only be removed if I set a due date for when it closes? (i didn't set a close date, and i can't seem to find the option to delete a poll for future reference.)

Another another thing, I update this thread with progress reports fairly decently on other FE specific hacking forums, and I'm wondering what kind of updates you guys wouldn't mind seeing? Because usually i ask game specific questions to try to engage and discuss characters and whatnot, but i don't even know if someone gave this a shot yet hahaha.

Are general screenshot updates and videos and stuff good enough for this forum? I figure anything less would be spammy since there's no pokemon things to discuss here.

thanks! (sorry for the triple post, but these things are important to me esp. since i'm treading on new ground!)
Old March 3rd, 2015 (11:56 PM).
AKA InnerMobius
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaststation View Post
Another another thing, I update this thread with progress reports fairly decently on other FE specific hacking forums, and I'm wondering what kind of updates you guys wouldn't mind seeing? Because usually i ask game specific questions to try to engage and discuss characters and whatnot, but i don't even know if someone gave this a shot yet hahaha.

Are general screenshot updates and videos and stuff good enough for this forum? I figure anything less would be spammy since there's no pokemon things to discuss here.

thanks! (sorry for the triple post, but these things are important to me esp. since i'm treading on new ground!)

Screenshots and videos and any kind of progress is always welcomed! My hack thread, for example, also has nothing to do with Pokemon haha I tend to post and share random progress whenever I deem necessary! This looks epic by the way, good luck to you!
Old March 4th, 2015 (9:41 PM).

Don't think that I can't hear that Captain America theme in there... Anyway, you've done some mighty fine work with this hack. Currently almost done with Chapter 1. By the way, any chances of us getting a dark magic user before the last 70% of the game?
Old March 4th, 2015 (11:28 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
Screenshots and videos and any kind of progress is always welcomed! My hack thread, for example, also has nothing to do with Pokemon haha I tend to post and share random progress whenever I deem necessary! This looks epic by the way, good luck to you!
Haha, my hack is more outfield than yours! at least you have the engine! Thanks for the tip. Will post screenie updates! Also sorry I didn't get back earlier, I wanted to reply with screenshots of a new animation i've been working on, but I need to answer this xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalterro View Post
Don't think that I can't hear that Captain America theme in there... Anyway, you've done some mighty fine work with this hack. Currently almost done with Chapter 1. By the way, any chances of us getting a dark magic user before the last 70% of the game?
Hey! Ya! that's Cap lolol. Thanks. And yep! You get a fem shaman on chapter 3! so last 75% of the patch..

thanks for the feedback people, and the votes! means a lot
Old March 7th, 2015 (12:12 AM).
pokemon revenge developer

Wicked hack man. Can't wait for more,, will look forward to see what comes next.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old March 8th, 2015 (12:10 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393 View Post
Wicked hack man. Can't wait for more,, will look forward to see what comes next.
thanks man! I'm happy you enjoyed it!

here's some animation progress... bouncy bouncy bouncy... Animation video TBA
Old March 9th, 2015 (3:01 AM).

Nature: Careful
I really like your sprite work man, and the custom animations are really smooth and well done. It'd be nice to see this hack of yours get a following here, good luck with everything!

Old March 9th, 2015 (8:13 PM).
Progressing Assembly hacker

Nature: Lonely
I always liked non Pokemon hacks. And here it is! Lovely I must say. Keep up the great work and finish the game. Good luck!
Old March 9th, 2015 (9:01 PM).
Angel's Light, That Beams Beyond the Spheres

Nature: Relaxed
guess i'll take a break from por to power through this
To impregnate the World with the measure of my existence and a reasonable amount of selfishness.
Old March 11th, 2015 (7:37 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Ninja View Post
I really like your sprite work man, and the custom animations are really smooth and well done. It'd be nice to see this hack of yours get a following here, good luck with everything!
thank you! I'm so pleased to hear that :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Knight View Post
I always liked non Pokemon hacks. And here it is! Lovely I must say. Keep up the great work and finish the game. Good luck!
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by probono View Post
guess i'll take a break from por to power through this
haha well i hope you have a good time.

----

sorry for the delayed reply. I've been working to finish up an animation and then i ran into some pretty critical problems. Currently trying to get it resolved though ahah
Old March 11th, 2015 (9:13 PM).

So, all new races like Pig, Bird and Bear-men? Interesting. =D Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old March 13th, 2015 (12:34 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu The Weredragon View Post
So, all new races like Pig, Bird and Bear-men? Interesting. =D Can't wait to see how it turns out!
You bet! Well you can play through the first 5 chapters atm!

ANYWAY! After some struggles with Fire Emblem 7's stupid engine. I finally managed to make this animation and character trailer for Redahli! A protagonist in the hack. Caution though, mega spoilers! Please watch and let me know what you think!

Old March 13th, 2015 (6:50 PM).
AKA InnerMobius
Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaststation View Post
You bet! Well you can play through the first 5 chapters atm!

ANYWAY! After some struggles with Fire Emblem 7's stupid engine. I finally managed to make this animation and character trailer for Redahli! A protagonist in the hack. Caution though, mega spoilers! Please watch and let me know what you think!

This is epic, great work man!
Old March 15th, 2015 (4:25 AM).
Super ModeratorCS

Your animations look really on point. You've had a great idea for that protagonist as well - his speech, animation and general fighting style is quite unique and lets him stand out from the crowd. LOVED the spring blade.

Keep up the good work o:
Old March 15th, 2015 (5:09 AM).
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
This looks awesome. I've never actually played the original but I can see where you changed the animations based off what I've seen in other videos of this game. It looks good so far and I'm definitely gonna try it out. Love that its not a Pokemon game for a change haha good job

/// Pokémon: Discovery
/// Pokémon: Fat Kid
/// Tile Insertion Tutorial For AdvanceMap
/// Pokémon Emerald Specials Resource Thread
/// Pokémon Emerald Decapitalization Patch
/// Emerald Titlescreen Cloud Removal Tutorial
/// Tutorial For Fixing Any ROM-related Bug
Old March 15th, 2015 (9:09 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowth View Post
This is epic, great work man!
haha thanks Meowth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Your animations look really on point. You've had a great idea for that protagonist as well - his speech, animation and general fighting style is quite unique and lets him stand out from the crowd. LOVED the spring blade.

Keep up the good work o:
Red's a girl! xD but thank you very much, those were the sell points i was trying for in the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
This looks awesome. I've never actually played the original but I can see where you changed the animations based off what I've seen in other videos of this game. It looks good so far and I'm definitely gonna try it out. Love that its not a Pokemon game for a change haha good job
sweet! Though fair warning (again) its designed for people who are experienced with vanilla. So keep that in mind.
---

thanks all, getting feedback, especially from another community is v motivating.
owo !
Old March 15th, 2015 (9:31 PM).
pokemon revenge developer

Very wicked man. Love the animation & the updates. I love the Fire Emblem series. Glad to see a hack of it. I missed having a Fire Emblem to play. Really enjoying the story and game mechanics.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old March 16th, 2015 (12:48 AM).
White
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naughty
Looking really good so far! I must say I haven't seen many Fire Emblem hacks, but this one is really well done! I've played up to 1-5 but I kinda almost forgot about it. But even so, I had fun with it and I look forward to seeing this when it's finished!
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links