The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
I'm thinking we'll see the return of Team Plasma, although seeing a return of Team Galactic would be an interesting twist, or maybe a new uprising from Team Rocket or Team Aqua/Magma just for the nostalgia factor. :3
Or perhaps Team Plasma and Team Galactic will clash through the storyline somehow! We haven't seen Galactic since Sinnoh, so they could possibly be the evil team with new outfits. Which could only be a good thing, since the Plasma and Galactic outfits look pretty similar (with gray).

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Or maybe Plasma will clash with a different team altogether....hopefully called Team Nova. Because along with it being awesome, it goes with the whole space element thing that they like to go with for naming evil teams. Somewhere around I saw someone say that maybe Looker is secretly the leader of the evil team...yeah right...but that would be epic though.
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I think this is probably a different team that may have a different goal or a "reformed" Team Plasma. Their uniforms are different, which makes me think this is a different team. Im wondering also if Akuroma has something to do with them( or is their boss), it could happen.
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Its the League of Raging Gingers! Formerly known as Plasma Grunts.

Seriously? Same Region, both bad guy teams are Gingers. Too coincidental to be anything else.
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
This is gonna sound crazy, but I feel like there might not be an evil team. I think the bad guy in this game is Kyurem, and these lovely red-haired people right here are just an environmental organization created to fix the sudden freeze caused by one (two?) dragon(s). Just guessing but it sounds believable to me.

And why is professor suddenly evil? I know he has a "I'm a nice guy with hidden intentions" feel to him, but maybe GameFreak expected everyone to immediately peg him as a bad guy. I for one think he's a nice person with no global domination schemes up his sleeves.
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:42 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
"Aku" means "evil".
"Kuro" means "black".

In other words, THIS GUY'S A VILLAIN. What don't you get?

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:51 AM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Hm I wonder what the new team will be called.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 26th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
"Aku" means "evil".
"Kuro" means "black".

In other words, THIS GUY'S A VILLAIN. What don't you get?
Not necessarily. He could just be a bad person and not be a villian, but either way that's a discussion for the Akuroma thread tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garjora View Post
Hm I wonder what the new team will be called.
Maybe something medieval, like vikings or something, idk.
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
You know, I really hope that Team Plasma isn't replaced in this game, I really hope that they just have a new motive and have no massive changes other than a new leader at the most...

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:22 PM
StMRyEire
Beginning Trainer

I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be facing off against Team Plasma again but obviously under new leadership. Perhaps the new professor is the leader? He kinda gave me a Ghetsis-esque vibe when I looked at him, but that could have just been me.
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
There were kinda some lose ends that needed to be tied up with Team Plasma so although we haven't had any information on them for these games, we haven't had much information at all they could easily make a reappearance alongside another villainous team, Ruby & Sapphire had two teams, right?.

Old April 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Zayphora

If you watch the trailer, Akuroma appears with his book in a way that very much reminds me of the first time we see Cyrus in the opening sequence for Platinum. Just my opinion, but he seems like he has an ulterior motive if not an evil plan.

I hope they don't continue with the medieval theme. It was a nice fresh touch, but its not my favorite. But maybe I am depreciating it. It will most likely be used. I wouldnt mind a team called the Vikings, as long as they made it unique. Doesn't really fit the police-looking thing though. I still think Nova would be a great idea. That could be a good name for a reformed Plasma, too. Nova means new, as in new motive, new ideals....new freaky-haired leader....Yeah.
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

If they do replace Plasma, I hope the new team dresses a little less ridiculously.
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a team called the Vikings, as long as they made it unique.
But the game isn't set in Minnesota!!! (first movie lol)

They should dress like butlers and Chamber Maids.

Ironically, that costume would be less ridiculous than normal.

Team Rocket could come back and start a Pokemon War. Though, from the screen shots we have seen, it is probably not Team Rocket.
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
I hope they don't continue with the medieval theme. It was a nice fresh touch, but its not my favorite. But maybe I am depreciating it. It will most likely be used. I wouldnt mind a team called the Vikings, as long as they made it unique. Doesn't really fit the police-looking thing though. I still think Nova would be a great idea. That could be a good name for a reformed Plasma, too. Nova means new, as in new motive, new ideals....new freaky-haired leader....Yeah.
I like Nova. :3 Might actually be possible too, since supernova and that... Kyurem comes from space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
Team Rocket could come back and start a Pokemon War. Though, from the screen shots we have seen, it is probably not Team Rocket.
Ya, not imo really, team rocket doesn't really invest in ginger-haired people. :x Purple and red? Sure, but seems to be Unova-exclusive according to the games lool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
If they do replace Plasma, I hope the new team dresses a little less ridiculously.
But from what we've seen, they do. ;__;
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Zayphora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Totally in agreement. I have no idea where they thought they were going with the whole "Knights in Badly Sewn Hoodies" thing. One word- UGH.
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

I like Nova. :3 Might actually be possible too, since supernova and that... Kyurem comes from space!

But from what we've seen, they do. ;__;
Nova is perfect to be honest.

Also, I wouldn't really judge by the sprite. We've barely seen the actual designs unfortunately. I think I'll believe these people are an actual new evil organization when we see a screenie of a battle scene with one or two of them. That, or Team Plasma's new look.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Zayphora

If GAME FREAK doesn't use the name Nova now, they will later. Like in 6th Gen. Unfortunately I won't see it as I don't own a 3DS and will probably never get one.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
I doubt Team Aqua or Team Magma will make an appearance in Unova. But perhaps they will have a new leader will appear because I can't see Ghetsis returning in B/W2.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM
★Midnight★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

I'm sure he does but not sure that that follows into new evil teams. xD

I don't really see a new team, tbh. The "red and blue things" around the region were mentioned in the context of this image:

Which looks far from evil and much more like a Musical addition than an evil team's base. If they did bring in a new evil team, I would guess they would bring in a brand new one instead of an old one across an entire ocean.

Actually, I saw this on YouTube, its some sort of movie (somewhere around there) theater, and it could be a side quest.
There isn't anymore known about it, at the moment anyway.
I highly doubt team Magma and team Aqua will appear. Gamefreak will probably never do that, unless the make a re-make of Sapphire and Ruby.
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Zayphora

I really doubt that that thing is about Magma and Aqua. It just doesn't look like it.
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Flygon-Gal
Fly Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
Or perhaps Team Plasma and Team Galactic will clash through the storyline somehow! We haven't seen Galactic since Sinnoh, so they could possibly be the evil team with new outfits. Which could only be a good thing, since the Plasma and Galactic outfits look pretty similar (with gray).
I would like team galactic back... I found them quite funny idk why. But It's very unlikely. I want to see N back again though.
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Zayphora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon-Gal View Post
I would like team galactic back... I found them quite funny idk why. But It's very unlikely.
TBH I could see them back as a side quest...maybe to get Giratina? I just want to see Cyrus back xDDD
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I hope Plasma isnt in this game, they were such a joke. I highly doubt that Aqua and Magma are in these games. I think there will be a complete new team in these games.
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Zayphora

Do you think that the Shadow Triad will show up at all? What about Looker? Will they play any part in the evil team plot?

Just realized that the police-looking people could be more of Looker's International Police group...but they don't really look the part. They look like they have a definite template. Also, why would they use an equal amount of male and female sprites for them if they were just a security group? GAME FREAK may have just been trying not to be biased, but it looks a bit weird to me.

Sponsored Links