The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
If he's friendly in the beginning, I'm hoping either Akumora or Team Plasma (orrr, the new evil team if not Plasma) will make him "realize what he wants to do in life". Then he could join their side, and be this epic rival we never had before.
Aha, that does kind of sound like a cool scenario, not exactly original - but I suppose for a Pokémon game. I could picture it quite well.

Old April 15th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia789 View Post
I think his personality is like Silver, Blue, and Barry. Or maybe only clever and charming to the player and friends.
Misread as female, which is interesting, because other than the female protagonist, I think he might be a womanizer in order to get to where he needs to get. Or at least willing to pull all the shots to win. ;)
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I see the rival acting like he knows it all more than a womanizer. :p

I guess towards the protagonist he'll be more like Gary/Barry (but in less of a rush) in a way, since they are childhood friends. To everyone else, he could be pushy and wicked.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew

Last edited by Kaori; April 15th, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
^ I agree, I see him as being all Barry and May/Brandon to us, but Blue like to everyone else, that would mean that he only feels confortable with people he knows and comes off as rude to those he doesn't know...that's an interesting characteristic combo I haven't seen in any rival in the games so far.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
I hope his personality is so different from it. What I'm hoping his personality will be is a mixture of Barry and Gary. Some medium between the two.

http://serebii.net/black2white2/pics.shtml#

The rival and protagonist are together in most of these pictures. SQUEEEE!!!
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but maybe there will finally be a rival that sticks with you most of the game? I'd feel happier, knowing that my true friends weren't only Pokemon, tbh.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe the player is the only friend the rival has due to his attitude which is why he follows us so closely, making his dependent on us...if that's the case I'll feel sorry for him
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacla View Post

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but maybe there will finally be a rival that sticks with you most of the game? I'd feel happier, knowing that my true friends weren't only Pokemon, tbh.
YES. I would love this! I'm hoping that the rival/protagonist will be close enough to travel and stick together more than just at random points in the games. The rivals going off on their own to be stronger than you gets boring and it's very generic.

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Oh my God, and what if you're going through the grass with him with you, you meet a wild Pokemon, and he catches the Pokemon on the route, instead of having a SET team? That would be magical. <333
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Oh my God, and what if you're going through the grass with him with you, you meet a wild Pokemon, and he catches the Pokemon on the route, instead of having a SET team? That would be magical. <333
I can see that happening with his second Pokemon similar to how Wally caught his first Pokemon, minus we actually have to weaken it this time rather than the computer working .
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
That would be cool. And double battles in grass with your rival, and every here and there he catches a Pokemon. I could see myself putting his Pokemon asleep, or KOing it, because he could become an annoying thief.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post

I can see that happening with his second Pokemon similar to how Wally caught his first Pokemon, minus we actually have to weaken it this time rather than the computer working ^_^.
I'd kill the Pokémon he would try to catch on purpose. ;) Which you also have to take into account. It would be fun if the protagonist and rival traveled together, but he should also venture off and catch Pokémon by himself so we'll be "surprised".

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Community Supporter

He could leave after we arrive in a town, and arrive in the following one to challenge us, then we go together again and so on. I can also see him teaming up with us like Steven and Barry did against the antagonists.
Part of me is also hoping that their is a second rival we have yet to see...like Wally did, except she doesn't steal the whole spot light of the first rival.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Antemortem
NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERHETERO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
The rival is absolutely adorable looking and his hair speaks so many words in terms of good fashion sense. His jacket and everything are just so cool. Honestly, I have to say he is the coolest rival ever, outclassing that of Brendan; one of which I thought would never be topped for me. (that hat owo~)

Anyway, I think he's an unrelated kid to the protagonists. I'm thinking that he's somehow related to the Professor, just for a toss up in the family trees, and has heard of the protagonists around the city and when the day comes that they can take a journey, he confronts the protagonist.

so kawaii~
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minzy View Post
The rival is absolutely adorable looking and his hair speaks so many words in terms of good fashion sense. His jacket and everything are just so cool. Honestly, I have to say he is the coolest rival ever, outclassing that of Brendan; one of which I thought would never be topped for me. (that hat owo~)

Anyway, I think he's an unrelated kid to the protagonists. I'm thinking that he's somehow related to the Professor, just for a toss up in the family trees, and has heard of the protagonists around the city and when the day comes that they can take a journey, he confronts the protagonist.

so kawaii~
It's been confirmed that he was the protagonist's childhood friend. Him being related to the proffesor would bring back so many memories...

He is quite cool looking, even more so than Blue and Silver...
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:

It's been confirmed that he was the protagonist's childhood friend. Him being related to the proffesor would bring back so many memories...

Like Giovanni and Silver?
I kind of hope this isn't one of those types of scenarios, but if it is, I definitely don't want it to be that Akuroma is the father. I want him to be an older brother, at most.

Though it would be neat if they had some sort of relationship between the two, family or friends and such. That would only make me more suspicious of the rival, though. Which is ok. I still love him. <3333
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Antemortem
NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERHETERO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Quote:

More childhood friends... great, cliches to the max.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Like Giovanni and Silver?
I kind of hope this isn't one of those types of scenarios, but if it is, I definitely don't want it to be that Akuroma is the father. I want him to be an older brother, at most.

Though it would be neat if they had some sort of relationship between the two, family or friends and such. That would only make me more suspicious of the rival, though. Which is ok. I still love him. <3333
That would make the Rival seem so much like Silver and N...
Maybe he's a friend of the prof's who is fooled into misleading the Main character away from the evil groups activities...then he teams up with the player after find out he's been used as a pawn.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clacla View Post
So battle at basically every town or something? Or meet up at every town? Might kinda get a bit repetitive though :( I think there is a good thing in not seeing the rival that often. XD;
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

So battle at basically every town or something? Or meet up at every town? Might kinda get a bit repetitive though I think there is a good thing in not seeing the rival that often. XD;
I'm not too sure about most of the time, and through a lot of the journey through Unova. He doesn't exactly look like he'd want to, he still has that smugness about him if you ask me. I'd quite like it if it were in set events occasionally throughout the game. Sort of like how you team up with Cheryl, Riley, Mira, Buck and Marley in D/P. I'd actually quite like to see a bunch of more trainers in B2/W2 like them, I found it quite fun.

Old April 16th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
This rival dude does seem like a bit of a badass to me. Things will probably be quite competitive between the rival and the protagonists.
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
He could leave after we arrive in a town, and arrive in the following one to challenge us, then we go together again and so on. I can also see him teaming up with us like Steven and Barry did against the antagonists.
Part of me is also hoping that their is a second rival we have yet to see...like Wally did, except she doesn't steal the whole spot light of the first rival.
SHE.
SHE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

So battle at basically every town or something? Or meet up at every town? Might kinda get a bit repetitive though :( I think there is a good thing in not seeing the rival that often. XD;
I think it would be nice for us to meet our rivals a lot more than at random points in the games! Like the anime but not throughout our entire adventure. To see him and battle him at least more than we usually get to with the previous rivals, would be cool.

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

I think it would be nice for us to meet our rivals a lot more than at random points in the games! Like the anime but not throughout our entire adventure. To see him and battle him at least more than we usually get to with the previous rivals, would be cool.
I want this. Especially at that movie theater place. That would be awesome. It'd feel more like a rival if he were to participate in big events like a tournament or something (if they even have those in this game) or Contests or something similar to that, rather than some kid who just challenges me to a battle every time he gets a shiny brooch from a guy in a wet suit surrounded by lilypads.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I like the random encounters though and wouldn't want to lose that, because it makes sense. Not like the rival will know where you are every step of the way, so when you do meet up it's just by chance and random, which is what I think the random encounters are trying to portray. I like the idea of him participating in the non-training stuff in the region too though, even if it's only done once or twice.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Right. He has to have a small case of the Gary Oak Syndrome, but not after every single gym battle or right before every single cave. But the idea of him taking place in things that don't concern training or the such just, idk, makes it seem more real, to me.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Although we have to question whether or not that matches with his personality. It would have made sense to see Bianca in the musicals, but considering his expression and his "I'm going to rage" motto, will he be the type of person to compete in things outside of training just for fun?

Sponsored Links