Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:10 AM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by wombateiro:
I think he could be the leader of that military looking new team (if they really are new team). He could have created some kind of disaster, use that team to show how they are fighting with with disaster and use media to make people think he and his team are heroes saving the day.
That's really interesting. If he was (like someone else brought up) able to manipulate people and gain charity (which would pay for his plans), he could have used a bit more of the original funds to actually cause some kind of disaster, undercover obviously, and then 'stop it' to win a serious amount of the population over, thus making him look like a hero while he plans even bigger things.

Yeah, probably overthinking, but ah well. This is something really crazy to think over, haha.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old April 15th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That book he is holding seems old, my guess is that it was discovered in the newly rebuilt ruins and details the full legend of the dragons.

Perhaps he uses the fu ds to unearth an ancient item that will allow him to control Kyurem and take over the region like Ghetsis before him dreamed of minus the unnecessary taking people's Pokemon.
Old April 15th, 2012 (12:06 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
@MRAS - I'm guessing that the book has to do with legend history as well, and maybe Akumora is trying to revive whatever happened in the past with Kyurem. Kind of like in the Pokémon Movie Jirachi Wish Maker -- the magician tried to recreate Groudon to prove Team Magma what he really could do. But it would all go wrong!

Loving these speculations! It's quite funny though, all we know about Akuroma is from what we've seen and the meaning of his name, but at the same time we know almost nothing at all. We can only infer. :B

He has to be the character that is really bringing out the hype in the games for me right now. He's so mysterious! To think that he may be an evil professor is genius.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 15th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Kaori:
@MRAS - I'm guessing that the book has to do with legend history as well, and maybe Akumora is trying to revive whatever happened in the past with Kyurem. Kind of like in the Pokémon Movie Jirachi Wish Maker -- the magician tried to recreate Groudon to prove Team Magma what he really could do. But it would all go wrong!

Loving these speculations! It's quite funny though, all we know about Akuroma is from what we've seen and the meaning of his name, but at the same time we know almost nothing at all. We can only infer. :B

He has to be the character that is really bringing out the hype in the games for me right now. He's so mysterious! To think that he may be an evil professor is genius.
It's definitely all of the speculation that makes it fun. I mean, finally we have a character that actually intrigues people. All of the other main characters or whatnot were explained in full who and what they were. Finally we have one that we can actually discuss and debate about. Finally we have an evil professor, a concept that MANY people have been waiting for.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old April 15th, 2012 (12:14 PM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah, I had my thoughts that he may be in control of those men you encounter at Nimbasa City, we don't have much info on him and he looks kinda shady to me.

Team Platinum
Old April 15th, 2012 (12:17 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well they did say he was a Mysterious character I can see him behind more of an enigma than even N was. Speaking of N may he have a connection with him or Plasma? Perhaps he got the book from the ruins of N's castle itself ,perhaps it has notes of Ghetsis' failed plan which he plans to execute himself in a different fashion from him and the previous five villainous teams.
Old April 15th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

^ I do hope he will have to do something with N or Ghetsis.

Two years ago, the professor of Unova was just in the hands of Juniper. It makes me wonder what Akuroma was doing during all of that time... and the possible evil team we saw as well.

Old April 28th, 2012 (09:45 AM).
Penguin PZ
Unhatched Egg

He has own special scene (with this book) just like N so who knows? Maybe he is a bad guy and has something to do with genesect and plazmas but it's just a speculation.
Old April 28th, 2012 (09:49 AM).
Blue
endless
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
He definately has a sinister look in his eyes but then again he could just be made to look like that. His appearence tells me that it's more likely he's the professor than the leader of an evil team he just doesn't really look the type.

Team Platinum
Old April 29th, 2012 (07:51 AM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
The way he appears in the intro reminds me an awful lot of the way Cyrus appeared in Platinum's intro...
Old April 29th, 2012 (07:14 PM).
Incepticon
The Fakemon Spriter

I think he will be the leader of Team Plasma. He just looks leader-like to me.
Old April 29th, 2012 (07:32 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I agree that he looks evil, and that he might be leading that team in nimbasa city. i also have a feeling he's gonna be some sort of evil politician type figure, able to twist words really well. I also think he'll have something to do with those ruins near Undella town, to use them to bring rise to Black/White Kyurem, sorta like spear pillar?
Old April 30th, 2012 (12:21 AM).
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
OK, I couldn't see anyone posting that so:

Akuroma's name should be translated to English as Achrom. Achromatic, specifically. Now, let's compare it to name of another character - Ghetsis.

Ghetsis - G and Cis - name based on a very well know discord, tritone.
Akuroma a.k.a. Achrom(atic) - name based on lack of colours.
Both Ghetsis and Akuroma have names that ruin some kind of harmony.

Both are blond, one has red eyes the other blue eyes... Aren't those the secondary colours of B2W2?! IMO, if Akuroma isn't Ghetsis itself, he's his brother.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 3rd, 2012 (09:48 AM).
Flygon-Gal
Fly Away!

Quote originally posted by Gonz0:
OK, I couldn't see anyone posting that so:

Akuroma's name should be translated to English as Achrom. Achromatic, specifically. Now, let's compare it to name of another character - Ghetsis.

Ghetsis - G and Cis - name based on a very well know discord, tritone.
Akuroma a.k.a. Achrom(atic) - name based on lack of colours.
Both Ghetsis and Akuroma have names that ruin some kind of harmony.

Both are blond, one has red eyes the other blue eyes... Aren't those the secondary colours of B2W2?! IMO, if Akuroma isn't Ghetsis itself, he's his brother.
Thats a possibility... Or it could be ghetsis disguised. Unlikely but y'know... Actually it's quite possible
Old May 3rd, 2012 (02:13 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

I wanna know how he became the professor in Unova. Hopefully they explain it in-game; surely no one can become the only professor of the region easily.

Old May 3rd, 2012 (06:55 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I can't really see Akuroma as Ghetsis' brother though because well, ... Ghetsis looks kind of old. But maybe! Akuroma is N's older brother and that's why he might be in Team Plasma, you know, to follow his father's legacy. And maybe he ended up as the leader of Team Plasma who also convinced everyone to make him the new prof. of Unova because he found that old book and realized that the previous prophecy in BW1 could re-occur differently if Kyurem was awakened and realized you could be the next hero so he is trying to manipulate you. A little too in-depth and unlikely but not impossible...
Old May 4th, 2012 (02:02 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Quote originally posted by pikakitten:
I can't really see Akuroma as Ghetsis' brother though because well, ... Ghetsis looks kind of old. But maybe! Akuroma is N's older brother and that's why he might be in Team Plasma, you know, to follow his father's legacy. And maybe he ended up as the leader of Team Plasma who also convinced everyone to make him the new prof. of Unova because he found that old book and realized that the previous prophecy in BW1 could re-occur differently if Kyurem was awakened and realized you could be the next hero so he is trying to manipulate you. A little too in-depth and unlikely but not impossible...
Yeah, I highly believe that this professor is going to suck up to the people of Unova and look good for them, whilst attempting to manipulate the protagonists (or the rival) into joining Team Plasma and/or getting him closer to awakening Kyurem.

Old May 4th, 2012 (02:23 AM).
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Indeed, Akuroma feels way more sinister compared to the other professors. And Professor Juniper specifically gives great contrast. He could create a facade with his position as a professor, and it would make the games incredibly interesting if he actually turns out to be the main villain. Him sucking up to the main characters and everyone else sounds really plausible, and he might even be revealed late in the game as a villain to make it more evil.

I don't think he has to have a relation with Ghetsis or N, though, not that I would care too much if they did that. And yes, I think they will actually give him enough backstory if he is a villain. Heck, even if they don't make him bad, they should at least give him backstory for being a professor. And why his hairstyle oddly reminds me of Kyurem.
Old May 4th, 2012 (04:59 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

I'm still not convinced that he is the professor for the game. Have they said that he is or something and I just didn't see it?
Maybe he's just a scientist that plays a main role. I mean just because he has a lab coat doesn't mean he is the professor of the game. I'm still thinking that he's just some celebrity, being all nice and popular for the public, while behind closed doors he's plotting a way to take over the region/world.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old May 4th, 2012 (05:15 AM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I agree with Jellicent, I'm confident that this new guy has a somewhat darker role than the standard Professor of a Pokemon game. The fact that they've shown him in the introductory video and in various stages throughout the game, I'll bet that he's all friendly at first but then it turns out he's the head of Neo-Team Plasma or whatever.
It seems a little... you know, "That's what they want us to think", and seeing as Black/White was so full of surprises, it's hard to know what way GameFreak have gone with this.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 4th, 2012 (06:11 AM).
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

When I first saw it, I figured he'd be evil. If he's not I'll be surprised, because it looks very obvious.
Old May 4th, 2012 (12:18 PM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Maybe he's not the Team Plasma leader at all...It's very possible that Team Plasma as a whole team will not be in the game (I mean with all the grunts and stuff. Ghetsis and N will most likely be back.) So it's possible that Akuroma, if he is a team leader(which I firmly believe because of his book scene) then he could have his own team...COUGH TEAM NOVA COUGH
Old May 4th, 2012 (02:18 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm definitely alongside those who believe Akuroma will be presented as the "secretly-bad-guy-but-playing-good" character. The meaning of his name aside, just the design of his character alone gives off this certain vibe to which you don't trust him. Not to mention how much of a bigger role he seems to have in these game. It just doesn't seem like he's going to be presented as the region professor as Jellicent stated earlier. It seems as though he'll be so much more than that.
Old May 4th, 2012 (02:29 PM).
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
I think Akuroma looks hot.:cer_wink: Although he does seem a bit suspicious.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 4th, 2012 (02:55 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I'm still not convinced that he is the professor for the game. Have they said that he is or something and I just didn't see it?
Maybe he's just a scientist that plays a main role. I mean just because he has a lab coat doesn't mean he is the professor of the game. I'm still thinking that he's just some celebrity, being all nice and popular for the public, while behind closed doors he's plotting a way to take over the region/world.
Quote originally posted by giradialkia:
I agree with Jellicent, I'm confident that this new guy has a somewhat darker role than the standard Professor of a Pokemon game. The fact that they've shown him in the introductory video and in various stages throughout the game, I'll bet that he's all friendly at first but then it turns out he's the head of Neo-Team Plasma or whatever.
It seems a little... you know, "That's what they want us to think", and seeing as Black/White was so full of surprises, it's hard to know what way GameFreak have gone with this.
He's not a Professor. He's a Researcher.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links