The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
A researcher can be another name for proffesor. All we know of him we get from judging from his looks...he could be a nice proffesor, or an evil guy, or both (minus the nice part)...

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Not necessarily, since I'm sure all researchers in B/W weren't professors :( Don't really think he'd be the regional professor, though. I'm sure there's someone else we'll be going to for that anyway since he doesn't seem helpful.
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Him not seeming helpful could be a good ploy for them to approach the game! They never did something like this before, they almost did in R/B before releasing it judging from the unused Professor Oak battle data but that was much more tame. It would be cool if he actually is the regional professor this time.

I see your points as to why he doesn't feel like he would be. But the only researcher this personalized (that's not a regional professor) of recent memory would be Fennel, and somehow Akuroma doesn't strike me as the Fennel-type recurring character. Not that he should.
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Tbh, Fennel really only was important at the beginning of the game, so I'm not sure that's a good comparison. But he doesn't strike me as that type either.
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I guess. I only had a few examples to choose from as for researchers that aren't professors. Most that are in-game are not personalized at all, bearing one lab coat wearing sprite like those aides the regional professor has, very much unlike Fennel and Akuroma. The latter even shows up in the introduction, so that shows his large role I guess. In fact, wouldn't it be weird if the game had two researchers and the regional professor turns out to be the less important character between the two? Wait, with Oak and Elm, they did that in Gen II.
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Akuroma seems far too important to be just a researcher. Though maybe he's attempting to be the regional professor? Or a replacement for Juniper just for some time?

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I think that if he doesn't turn out to be an evil genius, he'll end up serving the same purpose as Professor Oak did in Jhoto. Hopefully he plays a larger role that that though, because he has an interesting design and a mischevious look to him, so I hope he turns out to be evil.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Okay we know for sure that Akuroma won't be handing us our starters. And so far with the news we've gotten, it doesn't look like he'll be the region's Professor either.

Hmm.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Forever
let it go

Definitely leaning towards him being the new leader of Plasma then. While something on the side would be great, since he doesn't have a "good" role, all that's left to assume is they'll go with the obvious and make him Plasma's leader.
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Watch he'll become a "Scott" or "Looker" role. One speculated to have great purpose, but really he doesn't even need to exist.

Maybe he set up the World Championship to test all the trainers around the world. I mean they do show him coming to meet the new PC on a stage that looked like it could be some major event. Maybe it was the World Tournament's Champions Platform and Akuroma was awarding him the trophy.

He is studying Pokemon's Strengths. Seems like the best way to show a Pokemon's strength by pitting them against the world's greatest trainers.
Old May 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

^ I agree, his presence in the tournament makes me feel that he's out to look for strong trainers much like Scott himself was, perhaps they have a connection, both being people who look for strong trainers.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Forever
let it go

Maybe he's hosting the world tournament because he wants to see what trainers he could potentially recruit. Why have someone in an introduction that hosts what we think is most likely just a post-game thing? >))>
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
Okay we know for sure that Akuroma won't be handing us our starters. And so far with the news we've gotten, it doesn't look like he'll be the region's Professor either.

Hmm.
I haven't seen anything that would even remotely suggest that Akuroma would play a "Professor" role. Misinterpreted word of mouth passes quickly in the fanbase, though, so I guess I can't be surprised.

A lot of things suggest that his influence in the game isn't a nice one.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
In all the pics I've seen him in he's smiling so I can't really picture him as a bad guy lol but I must say your reasons are very well thought out
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
He's certainly not the regional professor seeing as Juniper is still in operation. Bianca helps her give the protagonists their starters.
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
He's certainly not the regional professor seeing as Juniper is still in operation. Bianca helps her give the protagonists their starters.
That and the fact that Akuroma isn't a Professor to begin with. Akuroma is a Researcher.
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

I think akuroma would pull a "Charon" on all of us but he would also help the trainer out

Example: Akuroma without the protags knowledge would be the top researcher of team ??? Like charon But he would aid the trainer in various ways

The reason i see him helping the trainer is because in a world tornament screenshot you see him on stage with the protag

Edit: also what if he pulls a "cynthia" helping the player but ending up being a champion

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.

Last edited by Aquarius1997; May 15th, 2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added speculation
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius1997 View Post
I think akuroma would pull a "Charon" on all of us but he would also help the trainer out

Example: Akuroma without the protags knowledge would be the top researcher of team ??? Like charon But he would aid the trainer in various ways

The reason i see him helping the trainer is because in a pokéwood screenshot you see him on stage with the protag
If you are talkin about the one where he walks up and meets the Protag in the center stage with a crowd around him, that's the World Tournament, not Pokewood.
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Oops about to change it

But wait....

If he appears in the world tornament(which is most likely post-game) that means he will not play an evil character because by the time you apprehend team ??? he would have disappeared.

If he works for team ??? why would he return to the world tornament if we apprehended him?

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

His name strongly indicates that he's either with Plasma or a solo villain.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

there are rumors going around that he invented the World Tournament (which is highly possible)

some say that he is the new leader of team plasma/ "Neo" Team Plasma

but the question stands... who is Akuroma?

lets theorize!

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)

Last edited by KingCyndaquil; May 25th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Khrysta

We know he is a Researcher that does not agree with Team Plasma's ideals that Pokemon should be separated from Humans for them to reach their highest potential.

Other than that, nothing else has been said.
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We know he is a Researcher that does not agree with Team Plasma's ideals that Pokemon should be separated from Humans for them to reach their highest potential.

Other than that, nothing else has been said.
He also Researches Pokemon Strength, so interestingly enough, him and team plasmas ideals can coincide good with each other.

maybe he plays a role like Scott in RSE and invites you to this world tournament.

another thing that is possible is he could be a spy and lead the team plasma dressed in the old uniforms? farfetched but possible

Old May 25th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
there are rumors going around that he invented the World Tournament (which is highly possible)

some say that he is the new leader of team plasma/ "Neo" Team Plasma

but the question stands... who is Akuroma?

lets theorize!
We've already got a thread about Akuroma here. Let's keep everything in there. :)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

so we all agree he maybe affiliated with the World Tournament, but his name still basically means Evil, so i think there's something deeper here.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links