The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Well Akuroma actually means something along the lines of lack of color, not evil. I don't really think he's going to be a antagonist anymore.
Old May 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
If he invented the world tornament which brings in plenty of strong gym leaders and champions WHY would he evil he wouldnt be able to be evil because he invented a place for the greater good

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
There is something still up with him, why would he have a meeting with the player at night? maybe he's more involved with the story then we thought

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Forever
let it go

Well, maybe it's something to do with the moon, as in... the moon holds the key to his developments or something? Since idk I noticed the moon specifically in that scene.
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
The time of day he meets with the player probably has no meaning. If its an automated event in the game, its going to happen during the day when you get to that point if you are playing during the day.
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Zerrah.
Mauling with Ursaring

It would be incredible if Akuroma is evil, and by all means he definitely looks evil. But even in the trailer for the new games, when the protagonist comes face-to-face with Akuroma, he either looks confused or reproachful, so I can only think that he is not a good guy.

Friend Safari and DW Pokemon - A Gen VI Trade Thread

3DS Friend Code:
3754 7177 6489
Brittany
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
There's something about Akuroma that when you look at him, he gives you this certain vibe like he may have his own motives in the game, and not one with exactly good intentions either. However, if he really is the founder behind the World Tournament like people keep saying, then it makes sense since he apparently studies the strength of Pokémon.

Still, I agree with those who seem to have this certain type of offset about his character. He may not be evil, but there's a distinct sent of mystery behind his character in my opinion. Out of all the new characters being introduced, Akuroma is the one who probably interests me the most.
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
The time of day he meets with the player probably has no meaning. If its an automated event in the game, its going to happen during the day when you get to that point if you are playing during the day.
Could be something that only appears at a time of day though, maybe like a post-game thing where he just appears, kinda like how the Royal Unova happens at a certain time of day. Just idk chances are it could not even be a part of the story and rather gives context to something else. I wouldn't put that past GF.
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
This researcher? Well, whatever he's up to, it's probably something that might throw us in a loop. Sure, he does look like he's evil or somesuch, but there's no definitive proof. And what he does doesn't ring any alarm bells when you consider the World Tournament, but there's still a bit of doubt.

All might become clear within a month's time or, if a leak does happen, a bit earlier. The only thing I don't want is for him to have no plot resolution.
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
I don't think that hes part of team plasma. Unless he's lying in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U
Its the subbed version of the intro movie, and it reveals that he goes against team plasma. Skip to 1:23 to see it. But he could be hiding things. I don't think he started the world tournament like speculated, I think that he is part of his own evil plot that somehow interferes with team plasma. Or something along those lines.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

Could be something that only appears at a time of day though, maybe like a post-game thing where he just appears, kinda like how the Royal Unova happens at a certain time of day. Just idk chances are it could not even be a part of the story and rather gives context to something else. I wouldn't put that past GF.
Well, I think it's more on the lines of the automated events. Since I think the event in the animation is based on one of the scans we've seen, etc;

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

Well, I think it's more on the lines of the automated events. Since I think the event in the animation is based on one of the scans we've seen, etc;

Oh wow I skipped that. :( So annoying! I wonder why he's in Castelia specifically though, maybe he lives in the city and just comes out to talk to the player as they're walking through to stop them from going any further (in which case he'd be kind/a good person, which is weird).
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Honestly I think he may just act like a good character throughout, but has ulterior motives. :[

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Community Supporter

I just realized with the cresent moon that Akuroma's hair looks like cresent...
Anyways the scene at the night sure does nothing to make him look anything but suspicious. Perhaps Akuroma isn't evil per say but just selfish, perhaps he's even like an adult rival.
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:7195799
I just realized with the cresent moon that Akuroma's hair looks like cresent...
Anyways the scene at the night sure does nothing to make him look anything but suspicious. Perhaps Akuroma isn't evil per say but just selfish, perhaps he's even like an adult rival.
Well it could also be that he has different plans in mind for Plasma and is using them for it -- doesn't know consequences and is selfish with everything that happened.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

It'll be nice to hopefully see a character with a little bit of moral flexibility; it certainly breaks the traditional mould of everyone being completely good or completely evil. This guy's probably the most interesting character that I'm looking forward to, based on the details we've been told so far.
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Akuroma is a very confusing character. His hair and design seems more evil, while in game pics show a more friendly expression. I guess we will find out in the games when we get them.
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
It'll be nice to hopefully see a character with a little bit of moral flexibility; it certainly breaks the traditional mould of everyone being completely good or completely evil. This guy's probably the most interesting character that I'm looking forward to, based on the details we've been told so far.
Well N was sort of morally flexible.
We really shouldn't get our hopes up too high, he might end up disappointing us...
Also Akuroma might just be the mysterious good guy...
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Or Akuroma could be the secret antagonist of the games. Fattening up the cow (you) for the slaughter. "Oh, have some berries for your Pokemon. Use them in battles in tight pinches to pull through!" *later* "Now have a battle w/ my Lv.100 Hydreigon. Mhahahahah... did the berries help you?"
If, Akuroma is neutral then could he be helping the protagonist along the way, yet also assisting the remnants of Team Plasma.
And if he's a straight up helper (doesn't seem like it) then he has been placed in the "Hall of Derpiness". I mean come on, all this hype for him and that's what we get? A derpy helper who only looks cool?
Or he could be another slave of Ghetsis. Or his grandson. Or his brother. Or, let me stop this.
Either way, we can expect a bit from him. The story line seems to be a bit dependent on him. I am curious about his title of "Researcher". Any thought on that? And his hairdo?

Random mugshots of Ghetsis and his team. I wonder if he'll keep his team.
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:45 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

I know we've already translated this a million times, but me doing it myself just helps me form my opinion better.

"I am Akuroma, an important Scientist." Now what "Iyashikkei!" means...

...Google says, "No disrespect!" So...he seems nice enough...but then again, evil people don't necessarily disrespect everyone on first sight, and Japanese people are known for their politeness.

Also...Akuroma in Hiragana means "bad road between", so it seems...so his name...probably reveals that he's some sort of meh guy who helps you, although leaning dangerously close to the evil side....

:D

I don't know. This doesn't reveal anything about Akuroma, other than that he's a scientist/researcher.

There, that's my view of Akuroma. Although as with common speculation, I think he's going to be some sort of meeeehhhhhh but slightly evil helper.

And the other screenshot..."I made a tool that activates the Pokémon..."

Yep, definitely some level of bad.

...So basically I've repeated everything that everyone else has said, right?

Old June 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
I see him as somewhat of a neutral character for some reason. He's described as being mysterious and difficult to read; most "good" and "bad" characters aren't necessarily mysterious. He seems to be a character that is trying to reach a goal and is willing to do what is needed to get to it. This is why I see him as a neutral figure.
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:50 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
genetic modification? biological and ethical issues? if this is really the theme, I applaud Game Freak for having such a really awesome theme.

anyway, first impression I got of Akuroma (Chrome anyone?), I thought he's the new professor. I guess, I was wrong. but i still couldn't see Akuroma as that bad bad guy. Yes, he might have some bad intentions, bu I am guessing he's more like the "anything for the love of science" type of guy. I am guessing neutral for him.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fallen View Post
I see him as somewhat of a neutral character for some reason. He's described as being mysterious and difficult to read; most "good" and "bad" characters aren't necessarily mysterious. He seems to be a character that is trying to reach a goal and is willing to do what is needed to get to it. This is why I see him as a neutral figure.
Ghetsis was bad and I'd consider him pretty mysterious for the most part. What also implies that for me is kinda his design, he looks evil, rather than looks mysterious. Sooo although one may not be the reason for the other, it kinda fits.
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

Anyone notice this in the new trailer?

He's standing over a Plasma symbol. So he's either trying to help us stop them, or he's actually with them. And in my opinion, it looks like he's at the head of some sort of Plasma control centre.
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:19 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
That proves it, he's with Plasma, I mean that's pretty much a control panel, and he's a researcher/scientist, why else would he be standing at it.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here