Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:55 PM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Okay Ashley, we get it. You really like his hair. :P
Old April 14th, 2012 (05:30 PM).
Toshiro.
Community Supporter

Really hate the fact that old pokemon are being encountered in these games. Unova is supposed to be far away from the other regions, meaning all other pokemon from other regions shouldnt be encounterable. Idk, that just bugs me.

Also no follow me feature annoys me.
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
My only disappointment is the fact that I only get one rival. Two rivals added much more story to the original BW.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:50 PM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

One of the few things that I would be disappointed by is if they don't fix the really pixelly problem during battles. That really got to me in Black and White. I was really hoping for Black and White 2 to be on the 3DS. But who knows?! Maybe there will be "Pokemon Black and White 3D"
Old April 14th, 2012 (07:44 PM).
Twilight-kun
Pokémon World Champion - 2015-16

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I hate the male's hair
I'm so happy its a DS title, now I don't have to get $250 for a 3DS (add tax and game and it gets expensive...)

and dear lord the Rival looks like someone out of Dragon Ball Z

also, no following=good thing

Keep my pokemon in their pokeballs where they belong unless I need to battle someone
Old April 14th, 2012 (07:54 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Yes my only disappointment is only having one rival. It feels weird travelling with only one person and I'd like a male and female companion. Why can't the rival be female?

I also hope we see the other protagonist along the way. I'd be disappointed if we don't.
Old April 14th, 2012 (07:58 PM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

Well, I mean... you only had one rival in the rest of the other games. I'm kinda happy that there is only one rival because that way, Cheren isn't coming up to you every time you go to a new Route and challenge you to a battle.
Old April 14th, 2012 (07:59 PM).
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
My disappointment is the new male hero's appearance. I'm glad it's not for 3DS (I don't understand why others want a 3DS exclusive Gen 5 game. I can't even afford or save up money for something almost $300). I'm also disappointed that the Vs. Seeker option is not there for certain trainers that power up in team and levels after the main story. And Prof. Juniper is replaced!? Why replace the only female Professor? I DEFINITELY LIKE to see older Pokemon in the main story because forcing players to go through it with only Unova pokemon is infuriating. But having older Pokemon in the regional Pokedex means that the Battle Subway Normal lines will have older pokemon in the rosters, right? If the Battle Subway is left unchanged, I'll be the most disappointed player yet.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:15 PM).
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
The fact that they aren't exclusively 3DS games, and by the male trainer's/Evil Prof's really dumb haircut & design are my complaints, lol.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:17 PM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Watching the new Pokémon Smash, I'm actually kind of disappointed that Game Freak chose to stick with the EXACT same music for regular battles and whatnot. Maybe what I was hearing was just a demo, but I would prefer to have remixed tracks, because those tracks DO get old.

I'm being picky, but c'mon, we have two whole new sequels that are set in the future ;-;
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:18 PM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

I love how everyone hates how the characters look, not how the actual game looks. XD
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:22 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by PokeRaidenFighter350Z:
My disappointment is the new male hero's appearance. I'm glad it's not for 3DS (I don't understand why others want a 3DS exclusive Gen 5 game. I can't even afford or save up money for something almost $300). I'm also disappointed that the Vs. Seeker option is not there for certain trainers that power up in team and levels after the main story. And Prof. Juniper is replaced!? Why replace the only female Professor? I DEFINITELY LIKE to see older Pokemon in the main story because forcing players to go through it with only Unova pokemon is infuriating. But having older Pokemon in the regional Pokedex means that the Battle Subway Normal lines will have older pokemon in the rosters, right? If the Battle Subway is left unchanged, I'll be the most disappointed player yet.
1: 3DS is $170...not almost 300. 3DS cost as much as an iXL.
2: Haven't gotten far enough to rule VS Seeker out so still hope for that.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:27 PM).
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
^ Well, still, I can't afford or save up that much money for it.
And hopefully, they'll add the Vs. Seeker option. It will be a major disappointment to only grind by Audino-hunting and Elite 4 over and over again.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:55 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by Bobbyman46:
I love how everyone hates how the characters look, not how the actual game looks. XD
Because the games look flippin' awesome!

At first I wasn't that disappointed when hearing that the game wouldn't be made for the 3DS because for one I don't own one, and I didn't really care about it much. But seeing the trailer/gameplay just makes me wonder how it would all look on a 3DS with the 3D features. & I would imagine it to look amazing. :[

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:58 PM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
Yes my only disappointment is only having one rival. It feels weird travelling with only one person and I'd like a male and female companion. Why can't the rival be female?

I also hope we see the other protagonist along the way. I'd be disappointed if we don't.
Yeah, I hope the other protagonist serves a role as a professor's assistant or something.

I don't want this to be like FR/LG, where one protagonist doesn't appear at all...

I enjoyed B/W cos of the two rivals thing.
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:59 PM).
Ephemeral Euphoria
Persistent Kid

Nature: Quiet
Well having the same starters was kind of a letdown but at the very least this gives me a valid enough excuse to go with Oshawott now seeing how I already used Tepig once before and Snivy is rather underwhelming from what I've seen, not expecting Samurott to be as great as some of my friends put it out to be though but if I can get the TM for Swords Dance I can make a pretty effective wallbreaker with Aqua Jet, Megahorn, and Hydro Pump if I do say so myself but again I'm not getting my hopes up that much atm.

That and Kyurem still retaining its Dragon/Ice typing regardless of what form it changes into makes me a tad sad.

Can't touch this.
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:09 AM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

The only thing I didn't like about the two rival thing in Black and White was that they were constantly battling you (which got annoying) and that Cheren was much much stronger than Bianca.
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:14 AM).
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
I was actually expecting to hear about a Dark-type gym leader, instead of a water one(poison is a nice surprise though), but I guess we can wait because we still don't know too much.

The only thing I didn't like about the two rival thing in Black and White was that they were constantly battling you (which got annoying) and that Cheren was much much stronger than Bianca.
It would be a nice change of pace at having a real competitive female (main) rival for once, tbh.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:16 AM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I excitement far outweighs my disappointment! But the lack of Follow-me feature does disappoint me a little. Everything else, I can live with!
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:32 AM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

The Follow-me feature was...okay for me in Heart gold and Soul Silver. The only thing I didn't like about it was that when ever I pressed A on my Pokemon, it would have a sad face alot and I would be like..."WHAT DID I DO WRONG?" Also, it got a bunch of useless items for the contests that I never did.
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:44 AM).
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
This is the disappointment thread, not the follow-me thread. The only problem I have right now is the name "Akuroma". Seriously, how obviously evil is this guy?

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old April 15th, 2012 (11:04 AM). Edited April 16th, 2012 by Bobbyman46.
Bobbyman46
Brony

hey! You never know, there are plenty of rivals in games that look really evil but are good in the end.
Old April 17th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote originally posted by bwburke94:
This is the disappointment thread, not the follow-me thread. The only problem I have right now is the name "Akuroma". Seriously, how obviously evil is this guy?
Yes, and people consider the lack of Follow Me to be a disappointment...
Akuroma definitely sounds and LOOKS evil (reminds me of Elpizo from Mega Man Zero 2 or Dr. Weil from the series), but we'll have to see his English name, since I have no idea what connotations on a Japanese name looks like. xD

hey! You never know, there are plenty of rivals in games that look really evil but are good in the end.
Akuroma isn't a rival, is he? He's a Professor.
"He researches Pokémon strength and is experimenting on something to do with the dormant abilities of Pokémon."
Well if he's experimenting on Pokémon, I don't think that's a good thing..
Old April 17th, 2012 (02:54 PM).
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I'm dissapointed its not on 3DS, I've been waiting for a 3D Pokemon adventure (other then Super Pokemon Rumble, I enjoyed it though). Older GEN Pokemon appearing is a bit confusing since none have appeared in Black until the east side was opened up to us, but hey, anything can happen in the space of 2 years... Hero's design isn't all that in my opinion, in fact the only Hero designs I've liked are Red, Gold/Ethan and Brenden, the rest I dislike, especially Lucas.

Old April 17th, 2012 (03:26 PM).
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
The male protagonist looks like a transvestite with his sickening leggings and awful pants. The jewfro guy should have been the male protagonist. I'm a bit biased on this, though, considering I actually have a jewfro in real life.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links