Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2012 (03:42 PM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

Well the character is only a smart part of the game. I probably will play as the male character because he gets a higher chance of getting Male pokemon, So I can have a team of male. But I do agree that the main characters don't look...the greatest...
Old April 17th, 2012 (03:46 PM).
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by Bobbyman46:
Well the character is only a smart part of the game. I probably will play as the male character because he gets a higher chance of getting Male pokemon, So I can have a team of male. But I do agree that the main characters don't look...the greatest...
The part about the male protagonist that bothers me the most is... well... everything, actually. His hair looks like crap, his visor cap is stupid, his tights are just weird, his V-neck is awful, he's too short, and his eyes are the biggest I've ever seen on a Pokemon character.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old April 17th, 2012 (04:49 PM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

Yes, he does look a bit...stupid. But I bet you can barely notice it when your actually playing the game.
Old April 17th, 2012 (05:17 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Elgyem:
The part about the male protagonist that bothers me the most is... well... everything, actually. His hair looks like crap, his visor cap is stupid, his tights are just weird, his V-neck is awful, he's too short, and his eyes are the biggest I've ever seen on a Pokemon character.
Well the girl has pretty big eyes as well...both of them have the biggest eyes yet in the franchise...
Old April 17th, 2012 (08:09 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
The only really thing I can think of it that they haven't done anything to pull back the screen, so the back sprites are still all pixilated. Hopefully fixed for next generation
Old April 17th, 2012 (08:35 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura
Top of the Class

Nature: Lax
While I do notice the pixellation, I don't really see a technique that would improve it other than rendering three different back sprite sets for them to deal with the multiple sizes. Even if they pulled the view back or rearranged the Pokémon locations, you'd see pixels at one point or another.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 17th, 2012 (08:39 PM).
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Right now, the only real disappointment I have is that they're not 3DS titles. :/
Old April 17th, 2012 (08:51 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm disappointed by the lack of no following feature and that this game isn't in the 3ds...though this being a true sequel makes up for that .
Old April 17th, 2012 (08:58 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura
Top of the Class

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Livewire:
Right now, the only real disappointment I have is that they're not 3DS titles. :/
On the "bright" side, it's easy to pirate as a result and those people who are stuck with a DS don't need to deal with region locking.

Screw that, I want my SpotPass.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 17th, 2012 (09:02 PM).
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Nature: Relaxed
Actually, I'm quite glad that it's not on 3DS. The latest handheld I own is a DS Lite.
I would upgrade to 3DS but there aren't enough games out on it that I'm interested in and forking out money for a new handheld for just one game is a waste of money in my opinion.

The onyl gripe I have is that they still haven't implemented following Pokémon again since HG/SS. Oh well...
Old April 18th, 2012 (05:29 AM).
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
It isn't 3D. If it were, I would've told them to SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. But, no, we need to get stuck with 2004 Graphics, crappy texturing and 2D pixelated sprites when tryingto make a psuedo 3D engine. This is truly the only disappointment- Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 look like they are DESIGNED for the 3DS- with the StreetPass-like features, the good implementation of 3D and so on. And getting Gift Cards through SpotPass would be NEAT.
Old April 18th, 2012 (05:38 AM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
I'm only disappointed that the follow-me feature didn't seem to make a return. :/ I wanted Petilil following me dang it. But I'll survive... :( :( :(

;________________________;

No I won't.
paired to diddy

Old April 18th, 2012 (05:48 AM).
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\
Old April 18th, 2012 (06:00 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Tropical Sunlight:
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\
I was also disappointed, but only because I wanted them to start with new starters (aka new Pokemon) rather than B/W's. :( But oh well! Better than past generation Pokemon imo.
Old April 18th, 2012 (07:28 AM).
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

My disappointment is original pokemon in the game, If I want a Zubat I will play Heartgold

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old April 18th, 2012 (11:00 AM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote originally posted by Tropical Sunlight:
I'm kind of disappointed by this as well, but it makes every bit of sense for Game Freak to keep the same starters since it's still Generation V. My main reason for disappointment is the fact that I hated the Unova starters to begin with... (well, I agreed with Tepig)
Old April 18th, 2012 (12:18 PM).
HyperXhydra

If N doesn't appear in this game, It will be a little disappointment.
Old April 18th, 2012 (02:44 PM).
Bobbyman46
Brony

Well if there weren't original pokemon in the game, it would be kinda boring since you would only have the new ones and the pokedex would even be that big.
Old April 18th, 2012 (02:51 PM).
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
About the starters, it's kinda of a dilemma for me. No, I didn't really like the starters they had in B/W, but at the same time, if I was asked to choose a different set of three starters for the game (just based on the Unova Pokedex), I probably wouldn't be able to do that either.

One of my big disappointments is the fact that we now have yet another shirtless Gym leader (the water dude). Bare chests in Pokemon games is something I haven't particularly cared for since Bruno.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 18th, 2012 (03:15 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by HyperXhydra:
If N doesn't appear in this game, It will be a little disappointment.
If N doesn't appear in these games I will be very disappointed. v_v But if GF can make it up with an even greater plot/storyline, I'll be fine.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 18th, 2012 (07:35 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Kaori:

If N doesn't appear in these games I will be very disappointed. v_v But if GF can make it up with an even greater plot/storyline, I'll be fine.
Yeah, N is such an amazing character. He made a huge impact on the series IMO.
Old April 18th, 2012 (07:54 PM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Hiroshi Sotomura:
While I do notice the pixellation, I don't really see a technique that would improve it other than rendering three different back sprite sets for them to deal with the multiple sizes. Even if they pulled the view back or rearranged the Pokémon locations, you'd see pixels at one point or another.

I just assumed they would set it so that the screen would just stay pulled out when not attacking, so you see the whole pokemon in the frame.

But ya, It's not completely necessary.
Old April 18th, 2012 (08:13 PM).
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Quote originally posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™:

One of my big disappointments is the fact that we now have yet another shirtless Gym leader (the water dude). Bare chests in Pokemon games is something I haven't particularly cared for since Bruno.
If we were talking about Cynthia or Flannery this would be a totally different story.

I would actually rather that the trainers with nothing to flaunt should really keep their clothes on.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (03:56 AM).
Forever
let it go

About the shirtless thing, sure it's kinda disappointing that they didn't put more clothes on him especially because of his weird tan, but tbh I'd be more disappointed if they didn't... since like, he's the water leader and all, plus the region seems water based etc. :x
Old April 22nd, 2012 (04:08 AM).
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote originally posted by Forever:
About the shirtless thing, sure it's kinda disappointing that they didn't put more clothes on him especially because of his weird tan, but tbh I'd be more disappointed if they didn't... since like, he's the water leader and all, plus the region seems water based etc. :x
The region seems water based? How so? o:

Sponsored Links