The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
The only disappointment for me so far is the male protagonist.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magius View Post
The region seems water based? How so? o:
This thread would cover the explanation. :3

Also at this point I'm still kinda disappointed that we don't have much information right now, I mean I'd have expected more by now. :(
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
i wish it was on 3ds, lol i wish they would my both 3ds and ds versions but the 3ds one come out like a month sooner, but then gf would have alot of pissed off fans
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I'm actually kind of glad BW2 aren't coming out on the 3DS, cause I still don't have one and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon. Cause I gots no money and I'm pretty content with my DSi even if the camera doesn't work.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hikomi Yuuki
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I'm actually disappointed about the fact that old pokemons are returning early. Take away the whole isolated effects surrounding Unova. Seeing Zubat in Chargestone cave ruin my fun...
And I agree with some that the new protag designs are just awful...

"Is it okay if I never want to wake up ?"

Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

This thread would cover the explanation. :3

Also at this point I'm still kinda disappointed that we don't have much information right now, I mean I'd have expected more by now. :(
Ah, well nice observations! :D

..And I know! The game's released in a few months and we have already anything :-( Hats off to Game Freak, though, for concealing it so well.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Growlithe/Arcanine in the dex this time around. They were actually my least favorite Pokemon for a while (due to my fear/allergies/dislike of dogs) until Pikachu took over that top spot.

I'm actually dissatisfied with the revealed "old" Pokemon thus far... the only ones I would bother with would be Eevee (assuming I could evolve it into Jolteon in fairly short order), and the Beldum line.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Celestis
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naive
I was hoping the next Pokemon game would be a 3DS exclusive game, but sadly its only getting some perks. I do hope one of those perks will be wide screen on the top.

I was also hoping they would bring back the First party Pokemon follow you again. Always thought that was neat.

Also, The appearance of older gen Pokemon suddenly showing up is kinda saddening. Yeah we will be able to play with some of out older favorites, but it takes away the isolation effect. I hope they have at least a good reason for it.

And lastly, the male characters hair is wack, if that's even a cool word to use any more. Not really a disappointment, just kinda looks funny.
Black- 4083 4871 1697
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I'm OK with the game being released on DS, it seems like Nintendo/Game Freak are showing respect for Pokemon players who don't have a 3DS yet.

The male protagonist's hair was something I didn't like but I'm OK with that, and I play as a female Trainer in every game anyway. The female protagonist in this game is really cute by the way.

So yeah, only disappointment was the male protagonist's hair.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
The male protagonist's right arm placement. Like who does that?

I'm also disappointed in old Pokemon appearing in the main storyline but I guess since Unova is bigger, it fits.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
Growlithe/Arcanine in the dex this time around. They were actually my least favorite Pokemon for a while (due to my fear/allergies/dislike of dogs) until Pikachu took over that top spot.

I'm actually dissatisfied with the revealed "old" Pokemon thus far... the only ones I would bother with would be Eevee (assuming I could evolve it into Jolteon in fairly short order), and the Beldum line.
I'm actually not disappointed by those. As far as I remember, Unova doesn't have that many useful physical fire types so thats a good thing tbh. I'll be disappointed in a lack of water ones though since Unova has not many at all :x
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
LoveableMew
Legendary

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to LoveableMew
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 won't be released on 3DS because the first games are on the regular DS. It would be a dumb move to have the sequels on the 3DS and not have them on the DS. 2nd. A lot more people have the DS than the 3DS. The sequels will still be playable on the 3DS so I don't know why anyone on the net complains. Plus one can assume they are hinting at a possible Pokemon 3DS game with the stuff they plan on releasing on the eshop. Hopefully that clears that up ^.^

Now the only disappointment so far is not being able to transfer data from the first games onto the sequels.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveableMew View Post
Now the only disappointment so far is not being able to transfer data from the first games onto the sequels.
Well I dunno I didn't really expect that in the first place. What'd you mean by that, anyways? Save files? Don't know how that'd work out 2 years later. XD; Certainly didn't expect that, so ya. Maybe you can transfer things in other ways, or at least at minimum transfer the Pokemon at leasttt.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
I'm also disappointed in old Pokemon appearing in the main storyline but I guess since Unova is bigger, it fits.
I'm finding it really strange that people are actually disappointed with older Pokémon returning. Last time I checked, earlier on people were complaining that the Unova Pokémon got really boring and previous Pokémon should have been included. u_u Well we've pretty much experienced the Unova Pokémon fairly well, and to have them in the games again without the others would be bland, to be honest. We've seen these Pokémon many times, and sure we've seen the others many times as well, but to include them would be a given so the games don't get too boring (aside from the storyline). Plus who really wants to deal with trading to get more of the old Pokémon into Unova? :[

Quote:

I'm actually not disappointed by those. As far as I remember, Unova doesn't have that many useful physical fire types so thats a good thing tbh. I'll be disappointed in a lack of water ones though since Unova has not many at all :x
If there aren't a lot of Water Pokémon included, I'm going to be disappointed too. They're my favorite types! n__n

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:51 AM
Huggie
Mewtwo lover :3

Nature: Gentle
The only disappointment I have is the one I had since G/S/C came out...I just wish they would continue to add a second region as in crystal. After Johto you could go to Kanto. Why not travelling between regions in the followin games? I really think that black/white 2 should give us the opportunity to visit another region.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:27 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
The only dissapointment I have is the game intro. It is like... umm... HG/SS theme with a hint of R/S/E music... And if you would noticed in the intro.. the pokeballs are 3D.... That's all... I like B/W's better tbh...

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
Forever
let it go

YES I feel the same gunner. :( When I saw the intro I was really disappointed. I think B/W just set me up for disappointment, since I really expected B2W2's to be amazing, but yeah idk doesn't really seem exciting at all, and is kinda taking a step back imo.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Quote:

But why did it have to be the DOG based ones... why not Ponyta/Rapidash or something not based on an animal that, you know, has tried to slaughter me before?

Seriously, if they show up and the Meowth line DOESN'T show up, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Dark Breloom
Beginning Trainer

No complaints atm. This game lets me use pokemon I actually like to look at while not having to a buy a handheld I don't want.

Also, I don't understand why everyone hates the male protagonist. N has green hair and a ponytail and everyone loves him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post

But why did it have to be the DOG based ones... why not Ponyta/Rapidash or something not based on an animal that, you know, has tried to slaughter me before?

Seriously, if they show up and the Meowth line DOESN'T show up, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.
So, uh, if I'm correct, just because you're afraid of domesticated dogs they can't have a pokemon based on a dog in the game? I'm pretty sure GF isn't picking the pokemon based on preference between cats and dogs.

Also, I kind of doubt that a dog has tried to slaughter you, unless of course you maybe pissed off some highly trained Rottweiler or you decided to go pet a wolf in the forest.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Breloom View Post
So, uh, if I'm correct, just because you're afraid of domesticated dogs they can't have a pokemon based on a dog in the game? I'm pretty sure GF isn't picking the pokemon based on preference between cats and dogs.

Also, I kind of doubt that a dog has tried to slaughter you, unless of course you maybe pissed off some highly trained Rottweiler or you decided to go pet a wolf in the forest.
Um, they can throw in whatever the heck they want to. Doesn't mean I have to LIKE every one they do decide to put in there. And it certainly doesn't mean YOU have the right to say I can't have an opinion on it or that I can't express that opinion.

And every time they've introduced a dog and a cat Pokemon in the same generation, which one has always had the better stats? I call bias.

And you've never met that really nasty dog that my one relative used to have. That thing attacked EVERYONE. So much so that a neighbor had to take care of it during an attack.

Ahem, apologies for that diversion from the topic at hand. Back on topic, if what's being speculated in the "Water Theme" threrad is true, I'm going to be quite disappointed if there's an abundance of water like in a certain also region.

And I was also hoping they'd put those awful Musicals to rest permanently.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
To be quite honest? I'm not going to start complaining until I have the game in my hands. I don't want to disappoint myself before I even pick up the game. So other than the male protagonist's hair I'm not really disappointed in anything. Old Pokemon coming back? Cool. Might be a little early for some but... I don't care. I can complain about that when I get the game. However, if more water types come into the game because of it then I'm not going to see it as much of a disappointment.

Just my two cents.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
To be quite honest? I'm not going to start complaining until I have the game in my hands.
This really.
I was, personally, let down by B&W because I just really didn't get into it at all. Maybe it was just down to my personal preferences and not liking Pokemon as much anymore, but I still feel it just didn't hold as much punch as the previous versions.

Anyway, I am going to reserve judgement before attacking it.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
LoveableMew
Legendary

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to LoveableMew
Quote:

Well I dunno I didn't really expect that in the first place. What'd you mean by that, anyways? Save files? Don't know how that'd work out 2 years later. XD; Certainly didn't expect that, so ya. Maybe you can transfer things in other ways, or at least at minimum transfer the Pokemon at leasttt.
Basically yes saved files from either Black or White. It would of been interesting to see.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
People will be disappointed and excited for varies reasons. I on the other hand, don't ask for much from this game other than play an exciting storyline, which I also expect!

Gym Leaders? I expect them all to be different, doesn't hurt to be the same. Although I do want to see an appearance of Elesa and maybe Skyla SOMEWHERE!

Pokemon- I do believe there will be many, many, MANY return of past generation Pokemon in Black/White 2. The version differences may play a huge role. (Like Vulpix available in one, Growlithe in another for instance) Which can be a plus. I'm not sure how the fusion of Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom will turn out though. I have a gut feeling saying disappointments will occur here.

Disappointed as I once was for Black and White, I hope they can fix disappointments for Gym Re-Matches! Better bring those back!

Last edited by Sector; April 23rd, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Point Forgotten
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Quixote
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Relaxed
Am I the only person in the world who prefers the BW2 male design over the first one?

Nothing is disappointing me yet... except lack of information haha.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here