Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Drain Punch plz. i didn't even think of that. Drain Punch got that very pretty power boost, so now i want all of my Pokemon knowing it. Adding it back as a TM would make me so happy. I also hope to see a few of the very original attacks as TMs, too. Maybe like Fissure (just for kicks) or Pay Day and Bubblebeam. I would like Teleport back as a TM. It was fun having a Cloyster that knew Teleport. I really don't understand the point of Quash being a TM. Nor Round or Echoed Voice. Struggle Bug is somewhat useless, so seeing it being replaced with...idk, Bug Buzz would be nifty. c:

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Drain Punch plz. i didn't even think of that. Drain Punch got that very pretty power boost, so now i want all of my Pokemon knowing it. Adding it back as a TM would make me so happy. I also hope to see a few of the very original attacks as TMs, too. Maybe like Fissure (just for kicks) or Pay Day and Bubblebeam. I would like Teleport back as a TM. It was fun having a Cloyster that knew Teleport. I really don't understand the point of Quash being a TM. Nor Round or Echoed Voice. Struggle Bug is somewhat useless, so seeing it being replaced with...idk, Bug Buzz would be nifty. c:
I think Teleport would actually benefit the Unova region Pokemon, perhaps rework the off battle capabilities so that you can travel around Unova via teleportation or at least around ice areas.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

I think Teleport would actually benefit the Unova region Pokemon, perhaps rework the off battle capabilities so that you can travel around Unova via teleportation or at least around ice areas.
That would be awesome. Maybe treat it like Fly, or at least teleport to last healing spot. There aren't that many Pokemon Centers, from what I've noticed, and if there are, the space in between them is pretty impressive. So a quick way to hurry back to them would benefit many people greatly.
Of course then there's the houses that heal you, but still, it'd be pretty nifty to have.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
A move I'll like to see as tm again would be Seed bomb, I mean it got a power up but there aren't that many Pokemon who can learn it naturally.
Teleport would be nice to have, maybe they can make it into a Hm to make it more useful (perhaps it opens secret doors like dig did with the underwater regi door in RSE)
Stand for Life
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Bringing back Stealth Rock and the like for competitive would be pretty nice, same goes for old TM's that are egg moves/hard to pass moves like Dark Pulse, etc. Less stupid support moves would also be nice.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Community Supporter

Another move I'll like to see return is dream eater, mostly so that Munna can have it early on.
Stand for Life
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Another move I'll like to see return is dream eater, mostly so that Munna can have it early on.
Dream Eater is already a TM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Community Supporter

Opp, I meant to say nightmare...
This might not have to do with new tm's but where do you think the tm's will be placed this time around? I can see sandstorm being around the new ruins.
Stand for Life
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
I would want TM changes very much. Third versions such as Platinum and the others probably didn't offer TM changes and went for the Move Tutor approach because TM's can still be traded through Pokémon back then. But now that TM's can no longer be held, they better change some of the more gimmicky ones like Round, Echoed Voice and Struggle Bug. I'm liking the thought of having Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Roost, Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse back as TM's. They could add a few new ones, too, as long as they make the new TM's compatible with various Pokémon.

If they couldn't change them, then they could at least make the current ones available to other Pokémon previously left out. I'll be fine with that.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
dreamcatcher
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
Please god, bring back Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse -.-
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
FREEFIGHTER07
Beginning Trainer

All I know is they should not have 120 power moves as TM's, I mean come on people, you know you you just feed that stuff to all your pkmn like chocolate
POKEMON PIMPED (White Hack)
NEW STARTERS - LEGENDARIES - MIX AND MASH UP WILD POKEMON
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
pknight96
Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFIGHTER07 View Post
All I know is they should not have 120 power moves as TM's, I mean come on people, you know you you just feed that stuff to all your pkmn like chocolate
Yes, and then all Dragons get walled by Steels, same with Fire against Water. Come on, dude! By doing this, you make it a nessecity to own Black and White, and would thus make it even harder to train for competitive battling. I mean, getting rid of TM Thunder makes Kyogre nigh unbeatable, outside of Zekrom. That's just an example. I would love Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Dark Pulse, Giga Drain, and Drain Punch as TMs. And as an HM, I'd love to see Rock Climb again.
3DS FC: 3609-1545-3635

Friend Safari Pokemon: Oddish, Swadloon, Quilladin

My Trade Shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324928

This is my OC, Alima! Please be nice to her!

My RP, A Rising Shadow! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326137

OOC Topic: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326431
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
Man, they're are so many moves I want as TMs. Obviously, I'd like to see SR return, as well as Dark/Dragon Pulse and Roost.

As for other moves, I'd like to see Nasty Plot (with distribution as wide as Swords Dance ), Aura Sphere, and Earth Power.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Permanent TMs make move tutors redundant, save for Draco Meteor and other special moves.

Immagine BW2 had 50% -- 100% different Library of TMs. By owning BW and BW2, you get more TMs.
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM
A Sadistic Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFIGHTER07 View Post
Not really. Most of those moves have something wrong with them.

Solar Beam- Takes a turn to charge
Focus Blast- Mediocre accuracy
Thunder- Mediocre accuracy outside of rain
Blizzard- Mediocre accuracy outside of blizzard
Fire Blast- There isn't anything wrong with this one. I guess I could say it gets weaker in the rain.

----------------------------------
White FC: 2580 7669 3124
Platinum FC: 5028 8983 1499
----------------------------------
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

STEALTH ROCKS. BRING THEM BACK AS TMs
You know how annoying it is having to breed in 4th gen, then catch other random Pokes just so you can transfer over?
MAKE IT HAPPEN GAMEFREAK.
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I wish they kept Dark Pulse as a TM, that was the only good Dark move learnable via TM, infact it's probably one of the best Dark type moves.
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

One change I would like to see doesn't involve the move itself but where in the game you get it. I didn't like that Ice Beam wasn't obtainable until post-game, and I definitely want to see that changed in B2/W2. Blizzard has horrible accuracy, and Samurott couldn't learn Frost Breath, so I was essentially stuck without a decent Ice attack till very late in the game.

TM 13, TM 24, and TM 35 were traditionally available in the Game Corner as prizes. Since I don't think there's much chance of bringing the Game Corners back, these TM's should be made available for purchase somewhere, just so you obtain them in a somewhat similar manner.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:08 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
While I'm not an expert in whether the Game Corner can come back, the Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt TMs have been buyable with coins at every Game Corner since Generation III, with the exception of the GBA Wireless ones in FR/LG/E.
YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | ??? (Coming soon!)

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
I totally agree with some of the old TM's coming back especially Stealth Rock, Drain Punch, the list can go on. Another thing that would be cool although not a TM, move tutors would be great maybe some with old 4th gen moves?

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old April 30th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Now, you can't give TMs as items, so they could make a completely new set of TMs and eliminate tutors with this. Also, Stealth Rock is useless in doubles and those are the official format, so IMO it's very unlikely that this move will return as TM (referring to the first post).

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Official format in what way? Most battles thus far, outside of official tournaments (of which I have no idea), are conducted as single battles, where Stealth Rock still has a use.

I would side with the idea Stealth Rock's curse-worthy destruction is still worth a TM. There's little reason not to make it a TM. Of course, whether they end up changing the TMs at all or not is still a question.
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Forever
let it go

I agree with the above tbh. I think that Stealth Rock didn't really -need- to be taken out in the first place, and the fact that it "wasn't necessary" shouldn't really count as a lot of TMs we have now aren't necessary. So really, ya. :x Still it'd be nice to have SR - not sure what I'd like to learn it via TM, but I think it would help people think more about their team set-out to be able to have that on more than just a few Pokemon.
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Yes, singles are popular among players, but it's not what Game Freak and Nintendo care about, unfortunately. And that's my point about unnecessity of SR at all. I miss Giga Drain and Drain Punch as TMs as well as Roost, teaching Hydreigon Dark Pulse via egg move is kinda hilarious as well. I wish they make a completely new set of TMs but that is very unlikely to happen. IMO, they could put elemental punches in place of Ice Beam, T-Bolt and Flamethrower as they are available in BW and the games will be compatibile. If they change a lot of TMs, there won't be any need to put move tutors in the game. Actually, it would be convienient - you'd have to pay for the move only once!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
IMO, they could put elemental punches in place of Ice Beam, T-Bolt and Flamethrower as they are available in BW and the games will be compatibile.
That would be terrible. :( Those attacks that we have are better - plus more Pokemon can learn them (I think?) and replacing them completely would be not so great, imo.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here