Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 15th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Tonight!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
It has been done numerous times in past Pokemon games, and with new games on the horizon there is a strong possibility we may get to meet back up with past characters once more, whether they just have dialogue or they're a hidden battle within the game.
In B/W we had a number of cameos, particularly character from D/P/Pt such as Cynthia and Looker.

So, two years later in Unova do you think there are any characters that will make a cameo appearance within the game in some way?
Who do you think would make an interesting cameo?

Unfortunately we do not have a lot to go off of at the moment, but B/W has left a couple of hints here and there at things to come.
I know this has been brought this up numerous times here at PC, but Cynthia had some very interesting dialogue in B/W during the summer, stating:
Quote:
"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"
Being a couple years later, do you think this is a sign of things to come?
Old April 15th, 2012 (01:00 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
The characters I can see or would like to see are the likes of Cynthia, Alder, Steven, Professor Juniper etc. All those who were in Black & White originally and a couple of main characters in previous games, it would be nice to see some old faces. Also your quote is interesting and the fact that she said it must mean something, it must have some sort of purpose so this could well be the time it happens.
Old April 15th, 2012 (01:44 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Maybe Looker can return again, to try and stop whoever is trying to maybe control Kyurem?
Also, Hilda and Hilbert as a "Red" type thing (I know this has been said a million times but still)
Old April 15th, 2012 (03:40 PM). Edited April 15th, 2012 by Kaori.
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Since the games are taking place two years since the events of Black and White, I would think that Cynthia would be off in another region or back in Sinnoh. Then again, this is Pokémon so she still might be in that one room in Undella Town.

I would also like to see Looker make a return simply because I like him mixed into the plot.

Cheren and Bianca should definitely make a reappearance along with the main protagonists, even if they were to play a small role. I do wish that Cheren would be the champion of Unova or at least part of the Elite Four. It would even be nice to see him as a Gym Leader, like Green in GSC!

As for Bianca, I could picture her as Professor Juniper's assistant, but that's to say if Juniper is even in the game (which I hope she is).

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 15th, 2012 (03:51 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

I would think that Cynthia would stay away (she was in Undella Town btw), simply because it's so much later and whatnot.

I would LIKE to see Bianca in some sort of research position. Possibly as a part of Akuroma's plan (while she stay ignorant as to what is actually going on), or maybe her own independent research.
Cheren should most definitely be there. I mean, those two, plus the other two protagonists from B/W, couldn't have just DROPPED off of the face of the Earth in just two years, right?

Seeing the people from the Ferris Wheel would be fun to have again. <3
Especially the Ace Trainer who's scared out of his WITS. He was so cute. <333

"We've restored your Pokémon to full health.
We hope to see you again!"
Old April 15th, 2012 (04:11 PM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

I wanna see Cheren/Bianca now as you guys said, plus N (pleeeeeaaase, the games will be so much better with him in it ;;), and Alder making an appearance. Otherwise I'd like to see a brand new Unova, although I still have a feeling Burgh and Elesa will be returning.
Old April 15th, 2012 (04:14 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I'll like to see N appear too, they have to explain some things about Plasma still. Oh and the Shadow triad...I need to know if they are the gym trio or not!
Old April 15th, 2012 (04:18 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I'll like to see N appear too, they have to explain some things about Plasma still. Oh and the Shadow triad...I need to know if they are the gym trio or not!
Haha, this. Black and White left us at a cliffhanger at the end, and I want the whole N/Ghetsis conflict to come to one final end. If they don't make a reappearance I might cry. :[

Old April 15th, 2012 (04:25 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I forgot to add Ghetsis...I'm kind of concern that we have little sign of Plasma returning so far...I hope they hint at N returning in the next corocoro...if they don't finish the cliff hanger than GF would've wasted a perfectly good story
Old April 15th, 2012 (09:48 PM).
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Ghetsis is probably a given. As for the other sages and N, I'm not sure.

Having all the past Champions would be insane, lol.
Old April 15th, 2012 (11:14 PM).
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
I would like to see Hilbert and Hilda again! Maybe Alder, Ghetsis and N.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old April 15th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Oh and the Shadow triad...I need to know if they are the gym trio or not!
They probably won't be confirming that. XD; I'm sure they'd rather leave that for us to speculate :3

Oh right, I also want to see Charles the Heartbreaker ;__; I hope he didn't perish since he stood around where the craters were. I'd like to see him with a wife, actually. :)
Old April 16th, 2012 (02:24 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Livewire:
Ghetsis is probably a given. As for the other sages and N, I'm not sure.

Having all the past Champions would be insane, lol.
If Ghetsis returns and N doesn't, I'd be pretty mad! They have an unfinished story to end together, and I'm expecting some kind of showdown between the two, haha. N and Ghetsis should both return, if not I don't think it would make as much sense for just one to. Ghetsis escaped and his lesson wasn't learned, but I'd like for N to either destroy him or show him what he's all about.

Old April 16th, 2012 (02:45 AM).
ソーナンス
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Kaori:
Cheren and Bianca should definitely make a reappearance along with the main protagonists, even if they were to play a small role. I do wish that Cheren would be the champion of Unova or at least part of the Elite Four. It would even be nice to see him as a Gym Leader, like Green in GSC!

As for Bianca, I could picture her as Professor Juniper's assistant, but that's to say if Juniper is even in the game (which I hope she is).
I'd love to see Cheren, Bianca and Professor Juniper reappear.

100% agreed with Kaori.
Old April 16th, 2012 (03:30 AM).
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I would like to see team Plasma back in action, or maybe another team? Past champions would be a great addition, I'm keen to find out what happened to N but I doubt they will continue off his story, he ran away and that's that. Also I wonder if the Hero/Heroine in Black/White will make an appearance?

Old April 16th, 2012 (04:23 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Forever:

They probably won't be confirming that. XD; I'm sure they'd rather leave that for us to speculate :3

Oh right, I also want to see Charles the Heartbreaker ;__; I hope he didn't perish since he stood around where the craters were. I'd like to see him with a wife, actually. :)
*GASP
How could I forget Charles?! DDD:
I want him to have his own little building where he trains people in the art of triple/rotation battling, and maybe he's settled down with a foxy lady or something!

Old April 16th, 2012 (04:49 AM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

Yesss, or maybe even be running his own romance camp or something lol, and and and... members of the Black Empoleon! Although they were small, I'd like to see them take over the west of Unova and have a little backstory.
Old April 16th, 2012 (04:52 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Oh gosh I forgot about those little bridge trolls. Bring them on! I'll take them down again! D<
But they were funny, I'd like to see them have taken over a town, but in a sense that they learned a lesson from the protagonist in Black and White, and now they own the town financially and help everyone have a job and money and food on the table and d'awwwww. c':
I could see them being in the town that the Poison Gym leader is in, actually.

Old April 16th, 2012 (05:17 AM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
If Charles does make an appearance, it better be in the Accelguard costume. xD;

As for Ghetsis, I wouldn't rule it out - I mean, if he had learnt his lesson I don't think they would have mentioned an escape, they'd have just left him in a cell somewhere. As for the Shadow Triad, I kind of feel like I'm expecting the whole triplets uncover (if they are infact the triplets) but then there's that whole mysterious side they have, and I'd love to see them in a new region/game. But then I still wouldn't mind it in these games either. Gah!

I don't mind seeing Cynthia again, I mean, she is my favourite Champion - but there wouldn't really be a point of sticking her again would there?

I could definitely see Looker making an appearance, I mean - why not? He could probably mention more on N, maybe another sighting or something. Whether or not we'll see N in these games I don't know though, but when Looker mentioned "Distant Land" I don't think that meant another close region, but more or less another continent. (maybe the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh area idk)

Old April 16th, 2012 (05:24 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

^I'm hoping they'd even go as far as letting us battle Looker! Sure he only had a Croagunk in Platinum, but it's been years since then, maybe he has a full fledged team now!

I really wouldn't see the point of sticking Cynthia back in except for just pleasing the fans, which is basically what she was for in Black and White. Really, she's overextended her stay, and needs to go home. lol

Ghetsis I wouldn't rule out, but I don't think he's evil. Maybe he escaped so he can figure out wtf it is he wants to do for the rest of his life that doesn't involve taking over the world, and instead wishes to help it!

Old April 16th, 2012 (07:21 AM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

I don't think Looker will make a reappearance. :( To have such a small role end-game in B/W leaves me with little confidence of him returning, or even getting to battle you.
Old April 16th, 2012 (08:34 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Alder - I can see him still in the game, just not as the role of Champion. From what I thought he didn't really feel like dealing the the role that a Champion has to deal with i.e. manning the helm at the League. So I could see him pass on the title to his apprentice Marshal or Cheren who already beat all of them right after the character did. Alder strikes me as a traveling that goes about the region and helps where he can and takes in the pokemon world, which is what he seemed to be doing at times in BW. I can see the character being able to face him post main story, and him assisting the character in a double battle like Lance and Steven have done in the past.

N - As already mentioned there seems to be a lot left open with his story that has yet to be resolved or explained. His return more then just about any prior character seems essential to me. N needs to resolve the conflict with him and Ghetsis and thwart whatever Ghetsis has in mind. I can see N playing the role of the silent protagonist that helps when needed again maybe Plasma or whomever else is present.

Ghetsis - Him and N return seem interlinked imo. As with N his story seems unresolved as he got broke out of prison, and then what? Did he start a new organization, did he go into hiding, did he go to another region? I would like them to fill in the blank for me. And then ultimately have him properly deal with what he put N through and the crimes he committed.

Cheren - I think he would be good as a gym leader, elite four member, or Champ. He has proved to be strong in the previous game, so maybe he may some notable improvements with the time skip as well.

Bianca - I can see her either being Juniper assistance(obviously pending Juniper is there) or playing some sort of role in Pokemon Musicals. Other then that I don't see what role she would really play.

Juniper(s) - I can see both of the Junipers still in Unova, what role they may play though may be different. Hopefully you can get another regions starter for Aurea though.

Looker - I would rather see another international police member this time around. I mean Looker can't be the only officer in the police organization. More then likely he will stay, but I'd like to see a new officer.

Cynthia - She may be at the Villa again, but if there is a Champs League I'd rather see that instead.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 16th, 2012 (09:02 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
Alder - I can see him still in the game, just not as the role of Champion. From what I thought he didn't really feel like dealing the the role that a Champion has to deal with i.e. manning the helm at the League. So I could see him pass on the title to his apprentice Marshal or Cheren who already beat all of them right after the character did. Alder strikes me as a traveling that goes about the region and helps where he can and takes in the pokemon world, which is what he seemed to be doing at times in BW. I can see the character being able to face him post main story, and him assisting the character in a double battle like Lance and Steven have done in the past.

N - As already mentioned there seems to be a lot left open with his story that has yet to be resolved or explained. His return more then just about any prior character seems essential to me. N needs to resolve the conflict with him and Ghetsis and thwart whatever Ghetsis has in mind. I can see N playing the role of the silent protagonist that helps when needed again maybe Plasma or whomever else is present.

Ghetsis - Him and N return seem interlinked imo. As with N his story seems unresolved as he got broke out of prison, and then what? Did he start a new organization, did he go into hiding, did he go to another region? I would like them to fill in the blank for me. And then ultimately have him properly deal with what he put N through and the crimes he committed.

Cheren - I think he would be good as a gym leader, elite four member, or Champ. He has proved to be strong in the previous game, so maybe he may some notable improvements with the time skip as well.

Bianca - I can see her either being Juniper assistance(obviously pending Juniper is there) or playing some sort of role in Pokemon Musicals. Other then that I don't see what role she would really play.

Juniper(s) - I can see both of the Junipers still in Unova, what role they may play though may be different. Hopefully you can get another regions starter for Aurea though.

Looker - I would rather see another international police member this time around. I mean Looker can't be the only officer in the police organization. More then likely he will stay, but I'd like to see a new officer.

Cynthia - She may be at the Villa again, but if there is a Champs League I'd rather see that instead.
Nicely laid out post. I agree with most of it. One thing though. Cheren would make a good gym leader - a role in which he could find a use for that strength he was searching for - but a member of the Elite 4 is probably pushing believability.

I'd hope most or all of the gym leaders would return for cameos, but not all as gym leaders since having new gyms is part of the fun.
Old April 16th, 2012 (10:16 AM).
Etria is at hand

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Cello:

I know this has been brought this up numerous times here at PC, but Cynthia had some very interesting dialogue in B/W during the summer, stating:

Being a couple years later, do you think this is a sign of things to come?
....so. Red vs Ethan/Kris/Lyra/Lance vs Steven/Wallace/Ruby/Sapphire vs Cynthia vs Alder/Cheren(?)/Hilbert(?)/Hilda(?) in one glorious battle royal?

....take my money now Game Freak.

EDIT: OH. As a post-game thing, after you become Champion, you could fight ALL of them. Well, maybe not all, but most of them.

Anyway, I'm pretty much going to echo what's been said about the Unova characters, but as for non-Unova...I can see Steven or Wallace showing, maybe one of the Hoenn Gym Leaders, especially if they plan on doing a R/S/E remake next. At least, that would make sense to me.

The labyrinth swallows all...
Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old April 16th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Cynthia hasn't missed a game since her introduction, and a champions tournament would continue that streak. As for Looker, I doubt he returns.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links