The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Kleinchen
boldly going

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to Kleinchen
I would be really surprised if N or Ghetsis weren't part of the story line in some way - it just seems to me that their unfinished business is by far the most likely route GF would take for the sequels. I also think RSE remakes will still be part of Gen V so it would make sense for a few Hoenn characters to make appearances or cameos - maybe one of the Gym leaders/E4, or some other important character like Wally the psuedo-rival.

White: Klein -- 5457 9480 5619
Black 2: Nikolas -- 5244 0858 4656

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have one major reservation about the "champions get together" thing... it could be used as an excuse for Game Freak to include an overused character in yet ANOTHER game. Now, if they made Kanto's representative Leaf (to make up for her absence in HG/SS) or even Lance, I'd be okay with it, but if you-know-who from Kanto shows up yet again, I'm going to be very angry and disappointed. On that topic, I'd rather see Steven as Hoenn's entry over pretty boy Wallace.

Now, as for Unova characters, I definitely am in support of an N vs. Ghetsis final showdown. Other characters I want to see come back are Elesa, Bianca, Cheren, Clay, and Shauntal.

And... just in case Game Freak wants to throw in a totally random and unrelated character in B2/W2 to throw us for a complete loop... I would suggest Miror B.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:19 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I can see Brawley appear in the town with the water gym leader, surfing and enjoying the beach like how Jasmine enjoyed the beach and the light house in DPPt.

Cynthia- She will likely appear once again, but I don't mind, she's one of my favorite characters.

Crasher wake- Well he did appear in HgSs so why not B2W2. He can appear near Landorus' shrine, enjoying the site of Unova's waterfalls.

I can see Brawley appear in the town with the water gym leader, surfing and enjoying the beach like how Jasmine enjoyed the beach and the light house in DPPt.

Cynthia- She will likely appear once again, but I don't mind, she's one of my favorite characters.

Crasher wake- Well he did appear in HgSs so why not B2W2. He can appear near Landorus' shrine, enjoying the site of Unova's waterfalls.

Last edited by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire; April 16th, 2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Sadly Leaf doesn't exist outside of FR/LG so its doubtful she'll appear. Same as Lyra with HG/SS. Only female Protags are May and Dawn that are set as seconds, though due to choice, either could become a Champion. I see Dawn/May over Lucas/Brendan only because they are Anime Character as well like Red is a representation of Ash.

Though if its a Tournament of Champions I see Red/Lance (thier regions are linked so there is only one Champion for Kanjoh Group), Steven, Cynthia, and Cheren/Alder/B2W2 PC (Well YOU become Champion after all). So it would be between the four of these groupings. As I see it at least.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Community Supporter

I alse see May and Dawn as the champions but that's due to the manga rather than the anime (the two girls gathered their regions badges), and Black will show up again as champ (again basing this due to being a fan of Poke special).

I'll perfer to see Steven return rather than Wallance, that guy was too easy...
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
Now, as for Unova characters, I definitely am in support of an N vs. Ghetsis final showdown. Other characters I want to see come back are Elesa, Bianca, Cheren, Clay, and Shauntal.
Shauntal might not have a place in Unova now, though. If there's a new Elite Four I don't think she has any other connections to the region other than maybe knowing Cynthia? Don't think her entire existence could be in Undella. :x
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Community Supporter

Shauntel will proably return, I can't imagine them throwing her down the bus just like that...
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Shauntal might not have a place in Unova now, though. If there's a new Elite Four I don't think she has any other connections to the region other than maybe knowing Cynthia? Don't think her entire existence could be in Undella. :x
The only connection Grimsley had was that he was an Elite Four member. The only connection Marshal had was that Alder taught him. The only connection Caitlin has period is that she owns a Villa in the region and USED to be a Frontier Brain. Who's to say they aren't ALL replaced? They each had a pretty minor role, Grimsley most of all. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were back, but yet had a much more active role this time around.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Community Supporter

^ I would love for the E4 to have an active role like their Manga counterparts, they could help the player out by teaming up with her/him, and giving them items, maybe even Tm's like Dark pulse, etc.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
^ I would love for the E4 to have an active role like their Manga counterparts, they could help the player out by teaming up with her/him, and giving them items, maybe even Tm's like Dark pulse, etc. ;)
Bein' real subtle about the TM there. xD

But yeah. I thought they didn't have enough of an impact, so I'd like to see them somewhat mentor, if you will, the protagonist and maybe the rival, too. I'd love Shauntal to be my mentor. <333

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Community Supporter

^ Hahaha, I can imagine her writing down what we're doing while training, making a story based around us.
Marshall would be pretty cool too, he seems more like the mentor type too. Speaking of mentor, perhaps Cheren returns as a teacher in the Poke school in the players home t- city, mentoring the player thoughout the game (when we return to the city)
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
After replaying through B/W a little bit lately I feel like GameFreak really did set up a lot of the characters for better character development than in past games.
They really put on emphasis on what a lot of the people you came in contact want to be someday, which is why I feel we'll be seeing a lot of the B/W characters return. It also made me get the feeling that GameFreak had sequels in mind this whole time.
They made it clear that Cheren wanted to be much like Alder and told us that Bianca wanted to be like Elesa. I feel like we'll see the both of them return as something along those lines.

Last but not least, I think we'll see N return as a crazy Tarzan man wearing nothing but a loincloth, swinging tree to tree.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Now that I think about it, an N vs Ghetsis battle would A, be really cool, and B, tie up loose plot ends. N swoops in and hold off Ghetsis, while you go on to fight the Champion/New bad guy, I guess.
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Sadly Leaf doesn't exist outside of FR/LG so its doubtful she'll appear. Same as Lyra with HG/SS. Only female Protags are May and Dawn that are set as seconds, though due to choice, either could become a Champion. I see Dawn/May over Lucas/Brendan only because they are Anime Character as well like Red is a representation of Ash.

Though if its a Tournament of Champions I see Red/Lance (thier regions are linked so there is only one Champion for Kanjoh Group), Steven, Cynthia, and Cheren/Alder/B2W2 PC (Well YOU become Champion after all). So it would be between the four of these groupings. As I see it at least.
Wrong, Leaf exists in my heart, my dreams, my computer desktop, and over 1 gig of fanart on my computer lol

But really, I don't quite agree that they "never existed" and the anime and games are different universes so who appeared in the anime should have no bearing on which characters officially "existed." Besides, she's very real to me.

The rabid Leaf fan in me is the one saying she should return. More realistically, it would make more sense for the NPC's (more specifically, those who were never player characters) to show up, which would mean Lance for the Kanto/Johto area. Namely, those who you actually battled as the fifth challenge of the Elite Four with "Champion" in their title.

And your character should definitely be Unova's participant. I'd actually rather not want to see Alder aka Cipher Admin Dakim return.

[QUOTE=Jellicent♀;7135469But yeah. I thought they didn't have enough of an impact, so I'd like to see them somewhat mentor, if you will, the protagonist and maybe the rival, too.[/QUOTE]
Bah, we need no mentors! We're plenty good enough to become champion on our own, lol.

But as I said if only one B/W Elite Four member can make a reappearance, I'd want it to be Shauntal.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Old April 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
RedJ
OR

Nature: Quiet
So it just occurred to me that you never actually battle the Shadow Triad in B/W (at least, not that I can see- I haven't beat B/W yet, and I'm not finding anything online about a battle with them, so). I'm thinking it would be kind of awesome to have a Triple/Rotation battle against them, even if only as a side thing. Possibly have Looker/Cheren/N/Hilbert/Hilda helping you out, although I think it would be better if it were just you against them.

...in fact, now I'm sort of hoping this happens :I

As for the Champion thing, it makes me wonder- assuming they go for the Champions-Free-For-All thing, and if we do get the former Champions (Lance/Steven/Cynthia), what happened to the other player characters? Unless former Champions also participate in it, but...they aren't the Champions, so...o-o?

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"
I'd kinda forgotten about that. It really would be amazing if we could battle the likes of Lance, Steven/Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, and so on. And I think that it's a distinct possibility- Game Freak seem to be all about trying new things, and while having all the Champions in one place might seem totally "fan-service"-ish, I don't think it can be ruled out entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist
As for the Champion thing, it makes me wonder- assuming they go for the Champions-Free-For-All thing, and if we do get the former Champions (Lance/Steven/Cynthia), what happened to the other player characters? Unless former Champions also participate in it, but...they aren't the Champions, so...o-o?
I know what you mean, but look at Red in GSC/HGSS. They acknowledge that Red beat Blue at the Pokemon League, but they just kinda ignore the fact that Red hasn't taken residence at the Pokemon League as Champion, Lance is just there. So when it comes to that sort of thing I guess the Champions just happen to be whoever Game Freak decides it is, even if it might seem a little contradictory of certain things.

As for other characters, I'm anticipating that we'll see Bianca working at Professor Juniper's lab still, and perhaps we'll see Cheren somewhere too. As for the previous Player characters... That might be cool too, but they'd really have to be creative as to how they'd include them, in my opinion.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Cheren and Bianca will probably make an appearance in B2/W2, and they'll probably look older and have powerful Pokémon. N should come back as well, since he was such a hit with the fans.

And I'm hoping to see some characters from R/S/E, to hint at their remakes!
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post

I know what you mean, but look at Red in GSC/HGSS. They acknowledge that Red beat Blue at the Pokemon League, but they just kinda ignore the fact that Red hasn't taken residence at the Pokemon League as Champion, Lance is just there. So when it comes to that sort of thing I guess the Champions just happen to be whoever Game Freak decides it is, even if it might seem a little contradictory of certain things.

... As for the previous Player characters... That might be cool too, but they'd really have to be creative as to how they'd include them, in my opinion.
Honestly, HG/SS especially is a huge gray area in regards to who's Champion. I mean, if you played as the girl, does it mean she's completely forgotten or does it mean that she originally beat the League, then Red came around later (perhaps with another Rocket insurgence sometime between FR/LG and HG/SS) after your character had left the position of Champion? And regardless of that, I've always felt that Lance took over as Champion because Red decided he was fed up with waiting in room 5 at Indigo Plateau and wanted to disappear from public view.

The only thing that's keeping me from wanting to see previous player characters (God knows I'd die a happy fan if Leaf came back) is how the whole thing would be executed. How would it be decided whether the males or females show up (would it be based on your B2/W2 character's gender, choices you make in game, or what) and how their team members would be decided. It's something that GF would have to tread on lightly if they decided to pursue that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Old April 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magius View Post
Cheren and Bianca will probably make an appearance in B2/W2, and they'll probably look older and have powerful Pokémon. N should come back as well, since he was such a hit with the fans.

And I'm hoping to see some characters from R/S/E, to hint at their remakes!
I can see Cheren having powerful Pokémon (and I'd love to see him as the champion), but I'd want Bianca to return as the professor's assistant. Or an assistant for Juniper, which would mean Juniper returning as well. She definitely wouldn't be the main professor, but if Akuroma is evil, at the end she could be? :B

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

I can see Cheren having powerful Pokémon (and I'd love to see him as the champion), but I'd want Bianca to return as the professor's assistant. Or an assistant for Juniper, which would mean Juniper returning as well. She definitely wouldn't be the main professor, but if Akuroma is evil, at the end she could be? :B
I'd love to see Bianca back with her own Pokemon, too. <3
Like, everything from her original team barring the monkey and starter. <3

Cheren would be neat. It'd be cool if he were Champ, but it'd also be cool if he were just a trainer you could chat with and junk.

Old April 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post

Honestly, HG/SS especially is a huge gray area in regards to who's Champion. I mean, if you played as the girl, does it mean she's completely forgotten or does it mean that she originally beat the League, then Red came around later (perhaps with another Rocket insurgence sometime between FR/LG and HG/SS) after your character had left the position of Champion? And regardless of that, I've always felt that Lance took over as Champion because Red decided he was fed up with waiting in room 5 at Indigo Plateau and wanted to disappear from public view.

The only thing that's keeping me from wanting to see previous player characters (God knows I'd die a happy fan if Leaf came back) is how the whole thing would be executed. How would it be decided whether the males or females show up (would it be based on your B2/W2 character's gender, choices you make in game, or what) and how their team members would be decided. It's something that GF would have to tread on lightly if they decided to pursue that.
Leaf, Crystal, and Lyra don't exist outside of their specific Games. Generation 1 and 2 originally had only Male protagonists so if they come back they'll only bring in the males.

For Gen 3 and Gen 4 they are most likely to use the Females due to Anime related counterparts, they could also bring in their Anime teams like how Red is a mixture of Yellow and Manga information.

If they don't do either, then they'll randomly choose Brendon or May for Gen 3 and Lucas or Dawn for Gen 4, but Gens 1 and two would be Red and Ethan.

Champion wise I kinda still feel it'll be Lance(Kanto/Johto), Steven(Hoenn), Cynthia(Sinnoh).

Maybe we'll get some old E4 Members to battle or talk to. Would like to see Bruno meet with Marshall. Would love to see how Karen would react to Grimsley too.

Maybe Detriarch (sp?) could come back to assist Caitlyn.
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

And how does the fact that they didn't appear in the first games automatically exclude them from appearing again? The remakes are considered valid games, so I don't quite follow that logic. If anything, they should be included because they were left out of their respective original games - to give them fair screen time. And as I said the anime should have no bearing on who shows up in the games - they're two totally different aspects of the franchise.

Oh the heck with it, I think we just need to forget the whole playable character thing altogether. It's just one big can of worms because no matter which characters show up or who's on their respective team, someone's gonna be unhappy.

So actually, Lance, Steven, and Cynthia (and your character) would be the most logical choice, if GF were to go through with this idea.

I would support a "glasses-wearing" Elite Four get-together with Lorelei, Lucian, and Shauntal.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Old April 21st, 2012, 06:09 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Possibly!! That initial trailer thing looks like her, so... :x Juniper, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I'd love to see Bianca back with her own Pokemon, too. <3
Like, everything from her original team barring the monkey and starter. <3

Cheren would be neat. It'd be cool if he were Champ, but it'd also be cool if he were just a trainer you could chat with and junk.
Oh so this random profound dude? They could do that and say Cheren was champion once but decided not to take the job and instead travel the region. :3
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Oh so this random profound dude? They could do that and say Cheren was champion once but decided not to take the job and instead travel the region. :3
Yeah ya know, maybe he just chills out in Victory Road and he's just like, the cool awesome guy who will give you little tips and junk and be able to be battled. He'd be a cool dude to just have in the game. :'D
Like they did with Steven kinda in HG/SS. The most he did was give you a Pokemon and asked for a trade. Other than that, nothing important, but he was neat to have. c:

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:54 PM
Hikomi Yuuki
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I hope they don't reuse the Cynthia mechanic again. She had appeared in way too many games...It's time for someone else to take the role of the recurring character from a different region.
...And if there's existed no reapprearances of characters from the original BW, especially characters that contribute to the plot like Cheren, Bianca, and (especially) N and Ghetis, then Game Freak is an idiot.

"Is it okay if I never want to wake up ?"

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links