The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:18 AM
BryGuy Shinigami
Psychic Pokemon Prophet

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to BryGuy Shinigami

Advertise here
If they are bringing the Gym Leaders of Kanto back, I hope all of them (meaning Sabrina) and I hope they bring her old look back, but as far as who is coming back for sure, I am glad Bianca is back, she made me laugh throughout B/W and kind of reminds me of Yui from K-ON. And I like her new look, she looks so cute. As for who I hope comes back: Sabrina (as mentioned), Archie, Maxie, Cyrus (could have escaped DW), Looker, and I hope Lenora is still a gym leader. I enjoy battling her and she was not that hard imo. I would also like to see HB Charles, Ghetsis, and Scott (he was awesome in Emerald).

White: ASHLEY-4298 7627 2928
SoulSilver: BRITNEY-3053 0208 4241
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Just saw this and I'm so glad that's it's confirmed, this looks great and the fact that Cynthia, Green (Gary), Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance are all returning and hopefully more. Just can't wait for these games now! Also, is it just me or does the battle below Gary and diagonal to Lance the character look like Brendan?

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Volkner! he and Elesa could be shipped easier now haha. Glad to see the old Gym Leaders. What seems odd is that Steven might be the only one from Hoenn. Saving the other sprites for the remakes?
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:33 AM
BryGuy Shinigami
Psychic Pokemon Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Just saw this and I'm so glad that's it's confirmed, this looks great and the fact that Cynthia, Green (Gary), Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance are all returning and hopefully more. Just can't wait for these games now! Also, is it just me or does the battle below Gary and diagonal to Lance the character look like Brendan?
Could be either Branden or Steven. Looks like one or the other.

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Volkner! he and Elesa could be shipped easier now haha. Glad to see the old Gym Leaders. What seems odd is that Steven might be the only one from Hoenn. Saving the other sprites for the remakes?
That was my thought exactly, either that or some Hoenn leaders will be revealed soon after and then they are ready to be implemented into remakes but back onto topic, it's funny how they've used the same sprites from HGSS for the Kanto & Johto leaders from the looks of it anyway & I do think that is Brendan in one of the battle scenes.

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:08 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Also, is it just me or does the battle below Gary and diagonal to Lance the character look like Brendan?[/SIZE][/COLOR]
It's clearly Steven. I have no idea how can you see Brendan on that picture. Unless it's Brendan cosplaying Steven lol.
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
BryGuy Shinigami
Psychic Pokemon Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
It's clearly Steven. I have no idea how can you see Brendan on that picture. Unless it's Brendan cosplaying Steven lol.
I looks like it could be either to me, I think it's Steven since he is definitely in there.

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
Some speculation is finally over
Personally i would have like to see more hoenn leaders in the scan would sooth my troubled mind that they would make a hoenn remake

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'm guessing Blue/Green is going to be classified as a Champion and not Gym Leader, just due to the fact that he's next to Cynthia and on the other side there is Steven and Lance, so I'd assume Giovanni would be classed as a Gym leader then. XP This is clearly guess work though, since I don't understand any of the text.

I do really like the idea of PokeWood though. :D It sounds so much better than Musicals, and returning characters ftw!!! XD

Pokémon Aureolin

Old May 12th, 2012, 05:02 AM
PokeGirlBel
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I'm guessing Blue/Green is going to be classified as a Champion and not Gym Leader, just due to the fact that he's next to Cynthia and on the other side there is Steven and Lance, so I'd assume Giovanni would be classed as a Gym leader then. XP This is clearly guess work though, since I don't understand any of the text.

I do really like the idea of PokeWood though. :D It sounds so much better than Musicals, and returning characters ftw!!! XD
But that would not make sense would it? The Team Rocket grunt was in BW 1 so if BW is based after Gen 2 wouldn't Giovanni be exposed? I'm guessing maybe he joins Ghetis in some plan. Idk. I mean maybe they ignore the timeline and he does appear as a gym leader.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGirlBel View Post
But that would not make sense would it? The Team Rocket grunt was in BW 1 so if BW is based after Gen 2 wouldn't Giovanni be exposed? I'm guessing maybe he joins Ghetis in some plan. Idk. I mean maybe they ignore the timeline and he does appear as a gym leader.
Yeah, I'm guessing it is just significant characters, and the placement is just coincidence. I completely forgot about the grunt in B/W, bur yeah, you're right. That would mean that Lance is still champion of Kanto unless Blue/someone else has become champion in the time between B/W and B2/W2 (doubt it though.) Maybe it is just significant characters -simple as. XP And that yeah, I'm just over-analysing things. XP

Pokémon Aureolin

Old May 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Lack of Wallace as Champion makes me think that B2/W2 take place before R/S/E. To make it clear, I'd like Wallace to appear as Juan's student in B2/W2.

Last edited by wombateiro; May 14th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Introducing old characters concerns me since it could open the door to bring back a certain someone who I don't want to see since he's been in enough games already. At least he isn't on this list, and fortunately, none of the announced have been player characters and the Champions from each region have been accounted for, so I'm hopeful this bodes well that you-know-who will stay out of the game.

However Blaine, Surge, and Giovanni are win (even if I wish they went back to Blaine's old lab-coat look... he looked more epic that way). So I guess this means Giovanni's reformed now if he's appearing in this capacity? And I'm so glad they chose Steven over Wallace as Hoenn's Champ representative.

Regarding the Grunt, I've always thought he joined after Gio left the first time, so he likely wouldn't have seen the man in person; just heard of him through the rest of the team. When you encountered him in Cerulean, he seemed like a greenhorn to me xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I wonder, since the gym leaders from Kanto/Johto look the same is BW perhaps a few months after GSCDPPHgss with BW2 three years post...
Either way I find the lack of Hoenn gym leaders interesting...perhaps they'll show off more Gen III and IV gym leaders (Volkner seems to be the only sinnoh one) later...or perhaps they're omitted for a reason...
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I wonder, since the gym leaders from Kanto/Johto look the same is BW perhaps a few months after GSCDPPHgss with BW2 three years post...
Either way I find the lack of Hoenn gym leaders interesting...perhaps they'll show off more Gen III and IV gym leaders (Volkner seems to be the only sinnoh one) later...or perhaps they're omitted for a reason...
I think they'll still feature Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders, they just chose to show those specific ones. I hope we get to see Winona, Norman and Flannery.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Quote:

Wait a minute- is it just my imagination or does the person across the leader board from Erika look like Mars? That doesn't make any sense. Anyone know who that is? I've no idea.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I just realized, this is the first time that Hoenn members will have in battle sprites in a DS game...I hope the rest are redesigned ^_^, maybe cameo their new looks...
Norman, Watson,Wallace, Flannery, and Winnona are the one's I'm hoping to see the most...come to think about it how will the twins fit into this tournament...will there be a double's match? Oh and if so hopefully Chilli and his siblings will have a triple match...
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Wait a minute- is it just my imagination or does the person across the leader board from Erika look like Mars? That doesn't make any sense. Anyone know who that is? I've no idea.
Nah I'm pretty sure it's Misty.

Ah yes, so excited for this feature!. I kinda wish it was 6 on 6, but that probably would make the battles too long or tough or something idk. Some more Hoenn leaders and maybe... well nah I'm fine with no more Sinnoh but more Hoenn would be nice. I kinda wish they took the time to redesign the sprites and artwork and such though, although it's not that big of a deal.
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
PokeGirlBel
Avengers Assemble!

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGirlBel
Could be like the anime leagues. First 3 on 3 then the finals are 6 on 6
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
@MRAS & drakonomega - Maybe the lack of Hoenn Gym Leaders will be a good thing, since they should leave it to RS remakes. u_u

Also, I'm glad Cheren is returning (and a Gym Leader at that), but why does he have to have a Patrat? I would guess it's because he's just starting off fulfilling his dreams and this is how he has to go about it, but it sucks. Doesn't he know better than to have a Patrat? :s

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Ghiaccio
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Also, I'm glad Cheren is returning (and a Gym Leader at that), but why does he have to have a Patrat?
Ah I was wondering the same thing. Why in the world would he end up as the first gym leader, I mean he was all for strength and stuff... The only explanation I can think of is that he's trying to find strength in the weaker Pokemon but thats just a guess... Kinda disappointing IMO
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:58 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
@MRAS & drakonomega - Maybe the lack of Hoenn Gym Leaders will be a good thing, since they should leave it to RS remakes. u_u

Also, I'm glad Cheren is returning (and a Gym Leader at that), but why does he have to have a Patrat? I would guess it's because he's just starting off fulfilling his dreams and this is how he has to go about it, but it sucks. Doesn't he know better than to have a Patrat? :s
I'm glad that Cheren made a comeback too, and I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing that he's still learning the ropes on how to be a Gym Leader, and I think that he wants to take things slow and easy by having something like a Patrat.

Old May 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Vsjester13
Former battler

Nature: Naive
Quote:
I think it's Misty the hair looks more orange then red.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Lol
It is kind of redundant of cheren always ranting about how he wants to become stronger in b/w but he starts with a patrat

BIG LEAP TO STRENGHTH CHEREN
lol

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Esper

Quote:
It's unmistakably Misty since it says her name right next to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Green/Blue is being labeled as Kanto Champion. Lance, Steven, and Cynthia are labeled champs of their respective regions, too. Giovanni is labeled as a gym leader.

deviantart blog pair
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here