Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old May 15th, 2012 (04:52 AM).
Slender snake
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Hiroshi Sotomura:
By the way, if it's any consolation, Cheren does outright state that he's battling as a Gym Leader for the first time.
This does sound a bit interesting when you think about it. I think he probably developed enough in his mind in the last few years to be able to handle such a position, no? At least we won't have these two Johto leader situations again.

That said, speaking of recurring characters, it's probably to everyone's wishes, mostly, that more should be back. Now, come to think of it, I think we already have most of who and what we love back in, so I think I don't really have any further hopes, but I do hope that the entire thing is a bit more fleshed out.
Old May 15th, 2012 (05:07 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
I'm actually stoked that Cheren is the first Gym Leader. It makes me think that he's there to help new trainer jumpstart their journey.

I also think it's pretty hysterical Brycen wants to be a big time actor, considering how serious he was in the previous games.

"We've restored your Pokémon to full health.
We hope to see you again!"
Old May 15th, 2012 (02:56 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Suppoedly he already is recognized as a big time actor according to BW xD
Well I'm glad to see Brycen back, hopefully this means he'll retake up his post as Gym leader.
Old May 28th, 2012 (03:48 PM).
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Is Alder confirmed to be in the games? I can't remember...
Old May 28th, 2012 (04:38 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
Is Alder confirmed to be in the games? I can't remember...
Your question was better asked here, so moved it for you, but yes he has been confirmed in the games. You meet him fairly early in the games according to the last issue of CoroCoro.
Old May 28th, 2012 (09:05 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I also think it's pretty hysterical Brycen wants to be a big time actor, considering how serious he was in the previous games.
ikr! I find it kinda weird that they decided to give him a purpose when it's like, he was the least useful in Black and White, lol. Did he suddenly get a wake up call in the last few two years...? Or maybe at the end of the games he realises being an actor isn't his true calling. :x
Old May 28th, 2012 (09:15 PM).

Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I'm actually stoked that Cheren is the first Gym Leader. It makes me think that he's there to help new trainer jumpstart their journey.

In the anime, Cilan says Brycen used to be a big actor and that Cilan was a fan of his. So its possibly not so random a thing. They already incorperated him being an Actor into one of the Canons.

Quote originally posted by Requility:

ikr! I find it kinda weird that they decided to give him a purpose when it's like, he was the least useful in Black and White, lol. Did he suddenly get a wake up call in the last few two years...? Or maybe at the end of the games he realises being an actor isn't his true calling. :x
Honestly Brycen and Skyla did pretty much the same thing. After you beat them they tell you to go to the towers near their cities and that's pretty much all they do to assist the PC.

Skyla: OH YA I saw some sick Pokemon over by the tower. Lets go make sure its ok...*separated and meet at top* Its ok now. I made it better. Aren't I special? I have really good eyesight.

Brycen: I sense a disturbance in the force...*Shadowtriad talk and Dragon Spiral tower climb later* Hm....Bad guys stronger now...This is bad....

They pretty much don't do anything of heavy importance other than side commentary...
Old May 28th, 2012 (09:32 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
In the anime, Cilan says Brycen used to be a big actor and that Cilan was a fan of his. So its possibly not so random a thing. They already incorperated him being an Actor into one of the Canons.

Honestly Brycen and Skyla did pretty much the same thing. After you beat them they tell you to go to the towers near their cities and that's pretty much all they do to assist the PC.

Skyla: OH YA I saw some sick Pokemon over by the tower. Lets go make sure its ok...*separated and meet at top* Its ok now. I made it better. Aren't I special? I have really good eyesight.

Brycen: I sense a disturbance in the force...*Shadowtriad talk and Dragon Spiral tower climb later* Hm....Bad guys stronger now...This is bad....

They pretty much don't do anything of heavy importance other than side commentary...
Oh really? That's amazing. xD

Yeah, neither one of them had much to add to the story, at all. Many Gym Leaders didn't, actually, but they at least had a little more than Brycen and Skyla. It's great to see Brycen doing something, but if they bring Skyla back, I really hope she doesn't play such a small part again.Maybe she'll fly the player in the planes as a form of transportation or something! Probably a slim chance of that happening, but at least she'd have a little more importance.

Old May 28th, 2012 (10:52 PM). Edited May 28th, 2012 by bewbs.
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Glad Alder and Cheren are coming back. I'd also like a Hilbert/Hilda battle similar to Red as well.

Old May 29th, 2012 (05:57 AM).
Silver Tier

Actually someone a NPC mentioned that he was a Actor in BW so it was established within game canon itself so him returning as an actor was already foreshadowed quite well.

Well for me Brycen seemed more helpful as he held out the Plasma Grunts...Skyla couldn't even bother to help us out in getting to the top, she simply wasted out time xD.
Old May 31st, 2012 (09:08 AM).
Resident Peacekeeper

I hope N at least makes a brief return in BW. If not, I am really gonna miss him.
I loved his wild goal strive he made during the game. But by far, his inspirational speech at the end was the best.
Old May 31st, 2012 (09:19 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Reshiram Man:
I hope N at least makes a brief return in BW. If not, I am really gonna miss him.
I loved his wild goal strive he made during the game. But by far, his inspirational speech at the end was the best.
I'm pretty sure N will return, he's in the anime, the sages mention him in game and it would be a mystery to leave him out.
Old May 31st, 2012 (09:23 AM).
Resident Peacekeeper

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

I'm pretty sure N will return, he's in the anime, the sages mention him in game and it would be a mystery to leave him out.
And then everybody would be shocked, while some would be angry, and a few would be sad.

Either way, I am okay with him returning or not, but I would like him to return nonetheless.
Old May 31st, 2012 (02:43 PM).
Silver Tier

Considering that the game is said to revolve around the mystery of where N went if they don't show him it'll be a big let down...then again they didn't show Giovanni in GSC either.
Old June 1st, 2012 (04:46 PM).
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by Reshiram Man:
And then everybody would be shocked, while some would be angry, and a few would be sad.

Either way, I am okay with him returning or not, but I would like him to return nonetheless.
I would be one of the many to slap Nintendo in the face.
Even if they've presented N in the anime and everything, I honestly have doubts that he's coming back. If he does show up in the game I'm going to be very giddy, but I'm not keeping up my hopes for anything. They already said N's nowhere to be found, but I guess I might be oblivious to hints of his comeback.

I still wonder if Ghetsis will ever show up again. Doubt it, but meh. It would be cool to see him show up. He's one of my favorite villains.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old June 1st, 2012 (05:17 PM).
pin pin

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

What anime? Oh the promo. I thought you meant the regular one haha.

I hope the plot isn't al revolved around N, I'd like N's disapperance to be a sideline to the plot. It's doubtful though.
Old June 1st, 2012 (05:28 PM).
Silver Tier

I hope Lenora returns, I wanna know why she's not a gym leader no more! Also Skyla and Clay returning will be nice seeing how they were some of my favorite characters.
Old June 1st, 2012 (08:28 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I hope Lenora returns, I wanna know why she's not a gym leader no more! Also Skyla and Clay returning will be nice seeing how they were some of my favorite characters.
So there should be two Normal-type Gym Leaders in one region?

I'd like Clay to return. he was cool as heck. Especially in the anime. But beyond making us take a sidetrack to a useless tower that had no effect on the plot, Skyla was really just...there. She never spoke to me, so I honestly wouldn't miss her even a little bit.

Old June 1st, 2012 (09:19 PM).
Resident Peacekeeper

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I agree on Skyla and Clay, because I enjoyed them too.
Old June 2nd, 2012 (02:57 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

N has made an appearance in a trailer on Pokemon Smash! So has Ghetsis. N is shown with a Zekrom and Ghetsis with Kyurem!
-credit of source goes to serebii-

Old June 2nd, 2012 (03:07 PM).
The Horoscopical Master

Nature: Quirky
N and Ghetsis are CONFIRMED to come back

Heres a screenshot link

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tv-n-confrontation.jpg

Are you excited?

What do you think their role is in the game?

DISCUSS!!!!

The Aquarius loves a party. Anytime, anywhere is their motto. It is not unlikely that an Aquarius will consider a wake a good place to meet chicks. Aquarians love to be naked. It is even better if they are naked and crocked. Froot Loops is a very Aquarian cereal. So is Rice Krispies, since it will engage in a friendly chat with the Aquarian as he or she is eating breakfast. Count Chocula is off-limits, however. It belongs to the Scorpios. Aquarians use the phrase "Dude, man..." frequently when describing philosophical concepts. Aquarians have out-of-body experiences on a daily basis. If you are talking to an Aquarian and he or she zones out, consider the conversation hopeless. He or she is talking to the guy three feet away from you. Aquarians are fun because they channel people. Plus, if you tell them to, they will run around naked. Aquarians like astronomy because they've been to all those places. If you want to know what the food is like on Saturn, ask an Aquarius. Aquarians can allow themselves every possible vice on the planet, and don't think twice about it. That is why they piss everyone else off. They are cosmically entitled to do this.
Old June 2nd, 2012 (03:22 PM).

Quote originally posted by Aquarius1997:
N and Ghetsis are CONFIRMED to come back

Heres a screenshot link

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tv-n-confrontation.jpg

Are you excited?

What do you think their role is in the game?

DISCUSS!!!!
Move this to Returning Character's Thread since N and Ghetsis are returning Characters~
Old June 2nd, 2012 (03:27 PM).
Silver Tier

Well that was no surprise really. I expected that they will return. By the looks of it it seems as if Ghetsis caught Kyurem, so he might be the one who fuses the dragons!
Old June 2nd, 2012 (06:20 PM).
Ace Trainer

Skyla is also confirmed to return as well, as in one of the new trailers from pokemon smash today, it showed a gym with a bunch of fans and propellers and stuff, and you can catch a quick glimpse of her in that part.
Old June 2nd, 2012 (08:11 PM).
Resident Peacekeeper

It is just me, or does Ghetsis's new outfit sporting mainly the color black make him look more evil?

IMO, I think the new outfit is amazing, especially compared to the royal blue and gold from BW.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links