The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

As seen in the trailer for B2/W2, there is a building with the inside looking like a Battle Frontier stage from R/S/E. Could it be a contest/music hall, or is it just a gym?

Spoiler:

Would you like to see contests brought back in B2/W2?
If you think it's a musical, would you like to see them improved?

Last edited by Clacla; April 15th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It doesn't seem like Contests or Musicals, but more like movie shoots from what I've seen, plus the place has movie film like decorations which makes me think this will take the place of Musicals this time around.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I didn't really get into the contests, and I didn't try the musical. But I'd like to see a return of the Pokeathalon lol That wont happen though.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
When I saw that I figured it would have some relation to the musical so it could be an addition which ties in with the Musical.

Old April 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Bottom picture isn't with the Top Picture.

The top one is a movie making building where the Main Character takes a role in a movie, in that specific one he battles a robot Tyranitar.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Bottom picture isn't with the Top Picture.

The top one is a movie making building where the Main Character takes a role in a movie, in that specific one he battles a robot Tyranitar.
Really? I had believed there to be a connection between the two pictures.
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

The trailer makes it seem like there's a connection too, especially as they have a moment when the trainer enters it and lights are beaming up like when you enter the Battle stage in Pokemon PtHgSs...
Either way, I think that we are now going to play the role of short movie stars than have our pokemon star in musicals, it's kind of nice seeing the actual trainer take a role in a mini game for once.
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I hope musicals don't make a return. Those things were even more boring than the watered down D/P/Pt contests.

Ooh, I hope if it is a movie you get to dress up your trainer too instead of just the Pokemon for a change.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

I really hope that musicals don't return. I mean, it was fun to dress up your pokemon but only to an extent. It didn't feel like there was all that much to achieve within them either. Whereas, with contests you could actually progress through the ranks. So in a choice between musicals and contests, contests would be my pick.

However, movies sound intriguing. As long as they're not just a gimmick, and there's some sort of progression or goal.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Contests come back!

I'm thinking that the movie theater will be the main Contest replacement. If so, I'm actually excited about it. It seems interesting. It looks like, from what I saw via trailer, that the protagonist actually dresses up to do what looks like battle a robotic Tyranitar. So that will be an exciting feature to see. c:
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe the player becomes a power ranger (shot)
Though this would be a nice change of pace from the Pokemon centric world of contests,Musicals, and Poketholon
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
♠Dawn Rayne♠
Best in the world at what I do

Send a message via Skype™ to ♠Dawn Rayne♠
I would love to see the old contests back complete with Ribbons once more. I vow to become the top Pokemon Coordinator in Unova! xD
I've seen it all, I was here first..

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Well I think with all the goodness we know as processing power, I think we could definitely throw in a couple movie-stage settings (that we saw in the trailer) and have the same contest.

But nonetheless I'm not a real Contest fan (I know, shoot me) so I'm still stoked about the release!

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
I WOULD LOVE FOR CONTESTS TO RETURN. But at the same time, I'd hope for GF to wait until RSE remakes to bring them back. u_u

& If it had to come between the two, I'd think there would be improved Musicals.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I think Gen V should stick with what they started and improve the musicals. Contests are for RSE remakes. ;) Also, I have never participated in a musical, but...I haven't heard good things, so...I can only imagine they need some fixing up.
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

omigosh, what if you got costume sets, like super hero, romantic, horror, etc etc, and your pokemon got matching costumes, and then you get points based on performace/outfit matching with theme of movie/whatever it is? That would be ridiculous, in the good way! 8'D
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Oh and just so you all know.

Surprise, surprise! The Musical building is still there. :B So I'm guessing they will be the same or slightly improved.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Surprise, surprise! The Musical building is still there. :B So I'm guessing they will be the same or slightly improved.
Dang. Well I hope they at least made them a bit better and more interactive other than just spinning a prop or two. :c
Like an actual dance number like they did in the fourth generation games! That'd be pretty neat to put in.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I honestly think they should do something new, I had with pokeathlon, so I know they can come up with good ideas that'll engage the player.
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
It really doesn't matter to me, I was never really big on either of them to be honest. That may change if they make it more appealing, though. I haven't really cared about doing contests since Sapphire. :x
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Ohh wow, when I saw this in the trailer I just thought it was Elesa's gym, but that guy sure ain't Elesa xD Hopefully contests will be back, I'd love to see that happen. They were one of the best things about Hoenn and Sinnoh :3 But I can't really see that happening based on the games/anime; contests seem to have no mention in Unova. It's possible that its just an extension of the Pokemon musicals but taking the anime slant on it? (Where one person performs there act with a team of their Pokemon and then the next person will afterwards) This is something that I'd like to see. Then it is almost like a contest :3 But I hope if they do have a musical feature again they make more of it/make it more important. The current musicals are very underwhelming D:
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I think the pokeathalon was a good idea, it provided a level of interactivity that other contests did not.

Mario Party has a mini-game where you dance and stuff. Pokemon could at least do that much with Musicals to make them interactive.

The pokemon contests in the Pokemon Anime during Diamond and Pearl where just as exiting as the Gym Leader Battles. If they could capture some of that flavor in a video game, I think it would be more accepted by the fans. (p.s. contests in the Advanced era anime are similar, but not as well executed.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I would like to see contests instead of musicals, the only time I ever participated in one of those 'contests' was in R/S/E, they were addicting. But from then on it wasn't to appealing for me.
I hope we'll get something like the Pokeathlon minigame in HG/SS that was really enjoyable.

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Oh, blast... I just wish you could command your Fire Pokemon to set fire to that place. Nobody should have to suffer through the pure torture that are musicals.

I wish one of these mini-games would involve the trainer instead of just the Pokemon. I'm kinda fed up with the Pokemon getting the spotlight all of the time. Maybe B2/W2 can introduce the idea?

Contests are really the only minigame I've actually enjoyed. Pokeathlon didn't appeal to me all that much, and I've already ranted about the musicals, so 'nuff said.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

I doubt Contests will appear in Unova because there is nothing about them in Unova's anime. Musical could be improved with ability to control your Pokemon, it would dance in the same way you move on touch screen. The goal would to be dance in the same way as other Pokemon. As for movies - I think movie shoots will be in one of those new buildings in the desert. Anime episode about making movie was between Castelia and Nimbasa, so that newly built buildings seem likely to have movie shoots.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links