Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 The Return of Contests, or Improved Musicals?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old April 18th, 2012 (01:30 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
As much as I would love them to, I am doubtful that we'll have contests in B2/W2. I think we will see a more interactive musical. The movie thing? It may be part of a new characters gym or something.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (06:37 AM).
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I never really liked the contests much, and the musical was hard to get into. I just liked collecting all the accessories x3 I hope they come up with a new, more exciting event in BW2.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (02:18 PM).

Nature: Naughty
I did not mind the contests much, I never really paid attention to the musicals, but if any why not just combine the two but keep 'em in separate rooms/competitions? I'd like to see something new though. Not sure what idea I could bring up here, but usually new introduces curiosity and that's what they should do. But I'm pretty sure they will keep the musicals.
Old April 23rd, 2012 (03:00 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I would really love it if they brought back Contests into B2/W2. When Black and White were first announced and they had mentioned Musicals as a replacement to Pokémon Contests, I was a bit skeptical. However, I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and try it out when I got the games. Unfortunately, when I finally participated in one of them, I couldn't help but feel they were a complete waste of space. They simply didn't have the same appeal as Pokémon Contests and they definitely weren't as rewarding.

There's just something special about having a ribbon placed on your Pokémon, you know?

Anyway, seeing as Musicals will in fact be back, I can only hope that they work on improving it. Then again, it really wouldn't matter to me, because I probably won't end up participating in them anyway.

This new film-like building, however, has certainly peaked my interest. Assuming that the green room and stage are both within that building, I actually wouldn't object to this new idea. I won't lie though, somewhere inside of me I'm praying it's some new kind of revamped introduction to Pokémon Contests that in some way reflects the Anime-style Contests. Sadly, I don't have my hopes up too high for this (perhaps in the RS Remakes this wish shall be fulfilled).

I will say this though, one thing that this theater building has going for it, unlike the musicals did from the start, is my interest. I'm just curious to know what exactly it does, and if it does have something to do with theater or movies, how it'll all work.
Old April 28th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
I really hated generation 4 and it's contests. However, I did like the musicals in Pokemon black/White. They were cute. I hope the return in Pokemon B/W 2/

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old May 14th, 2012 (08:44 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I know we have Pokewood but what will happen to the Musicals, is it possible that we might get both. If we do see the return of Musicals post game, or later in the game I hope they add more of a challenge spin to it like what the contests had.
Old May 14th, 2012 (10:08 PM). Edited May 14th, 2012 by Xander Olivieri.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I know we have Pokewood but what will happen to the Musicals, is it possible that we might get both. If we do see the return of Musicals post game, or later in the game I hope they add more of a challenge spin to it like what the contests had.
No Coro Coro said Pokewood replaces Musicals so those were taken out in place of Pokewood.

Serebii just updated the Screen shots for prerelease pictures and it shows Meloetta in a Musical...so maybe we still have them.
Old May 15th, 2012 (02:42 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Ah, it's nice to see that they didn't totally eliminate them. I found them kind of fun, but simply in need of more a contest like atmosphere, and challenge, hopefully they'll fix that up in these games.
Meloetta and Musicals go hand in hand, how fitting.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links