The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Let's get the fire up in our gyms.

Would you like to face more gym leaders in double battles & triple/rotation battles, or do you prefer them single battles?

I'd like for them to be mixed up, instead of 7 of 'em being single battles and the other one being double or triple battles. It'd make it more interesting and test your skills much more as a trainer rather than just doing single battles everywhere.
  #177    
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
There was recently an episode with Ash battling Skyla. What is your thought on the battle & Skyla? Did it change your view on her after first seeing her in-game?

To be honest, I was really looking forward to Skyla's appearance in the anime, though when she finally came, everything was utterly ruined. The ever so kind-hearted, hard working gym leader the games introduced us to was completely broken apart and replaced by a cheap, annoying look-alike. Yes, I know the she was known to be a strong gym leader beforehand and always had battles piling up, but the fact that she would even resort to using something as dumb as air battles, where she imagines the battle, totally ignoring the fact that trainers are unique, and that you can't predict the outcome of a battle just by knowing the typings. Not enough with that, she had to have the most annoying voice ever, it's just GRHFHFJKAHSFJaskff

Though despite all that, she was a pretty strong trainer, and used her moves perfectly, I can give her that, though she had one of the most disappointing anime appearances ever.
__________________
  #178    
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Seraphimon-sama
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Gym Leader: Sabrina
2 Partner Pokemon: Gallade and Gardevoir
Why have you joined to be trained: Because Sabrina is my favourite Gym Leader and I'd really like to train under her.
Answer to Current Topic: My god she is so annoying! I've only just started watching the episode and already I hate her.
__________________
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.


Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!


GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Last edited by Seraphimon-sama; August 4th, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
  #179    
Old July 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Gym Leader: Candice
2 Partner Pokemon: Gallade and Gardevoir
Why have you joined to be trained: Because Sabrina is my favourite Gym Leader and I'd really like to train under her.
Answer to Current Topic: Honestly I haven't seen the battle between Ash and Skyla yet but my views of her will probably not change.
I did, however battle her in B2/W2 using my team of Emboar, Azumarill and Lucario. Azumarill was basically unstoppable in the battle, tearing through all of her Pokemon without taking a single hit because I trained her up so much.
Welcome to the club, Seraphimon-sama. Hope you'll enjoy your time here in the club.

If you're certain that your views on her won't change, prepare to be suprised. Her anime counterpart is literally the worst anime counterpart I've ever seen. I mean from the views we get of her in the games, she's pretty much a perfect gym leader and such, helping out around, though in the anime she turns out to be the most annoying person I've ever seen in the anime and is practically neglecting her gym battles because she wants to fly around more. I don't wanna spoil anything, so I'm not gonna say any more about the episode untill you've watched it, though at this point, I view the Skyla from the games and the Skyla from the anime as two completely different characters, as they're nothing alike personality wise.
__________________
  #180    
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:02 AM
TheAC29's Avatar
TheAC29
A new adventure begins now
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Inside your currently played Pokémon game
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Sorry for my very long inactivity because of school and a lot of homework that I did. So, what did I miss?
Should there be more Gym Leader Double Battles? What about Triple/Rotation Battles?
Well, yeah there should be more Gym Leader Double Battles since players battled Tate and Liza in Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire and other Trainer Double Battles. For Triple/Rotation Battles, I'm not so sure if that type of battling system fits with the Gym Leader battle, but it's the decision for Game Freak if they want to add Triple/Rotation battles for Gym Battles.
__________________
Pokémon Black 2 Version






  #181    
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphimon-sama View Post
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Your Gym Leader: Candice
2 Partner Pokemon: Gallade and Gardevoir
Why have you joined to be trained: Because Sabrina is my favourite Gym Leader and I'd really like to train under her.
Answer to Current Topic: Honestly I haven't seen the battle between Ash and Skyla yet but my views of her will probably not change.
I did, however battle her in B2/W2 using my team of Emboar, Azumarill and Lucario. Azumarill was basically unstoppable in the battle, tearing through all of her Pokemon without taking a single hit because I trained her up so much.
Welcome to the club!! But wait...first off...Candice is an Ice Gym Leader & you have Psychic Pokemon as partners. That won't work. But you mentioned Sabrina as your favorite & like to be trained under her, so I'm going to assume the Candice was a typo or something, right?

So why is Sabrina your favorite gym leader? What makes her so special?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAC29 View Post
Sorry for my very long inactivity because of school and a lot of homework that I did. So, what did I miss?
Should there be more Gym Leader Double Battles? What about Triple/Rotation Battles?
Well, yeah there should be more Gym Leader Double Battles since players battled Tate and Liza in Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire and other Trainer Double Battles. For Triple/Rotation Battles, I'm not so sure if that type of battling system fits with the Gym Leader battle, but it's the decision for Game Freak if they want to add Triple/Rotation battles for Gym Battles.
No worries. Like I said before, it would test the trainer's skill as a trainer & their Pokemon in battles other than just singular ones. If you look at the Anime, like Orange Island for example, they did more than just battle Pokemon, they test many other obstacles too. Of course in-game is completely different, but still.

Have there been any news on how the new Elesa will fit into the Anime or will that look just be in-game only?
  #182    
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
I have a feeling we'll get to see Elesa and her new looks at some point in the anime, so I don't think it's a game feature only. They've already included Homika, and they're probably gonna include all the other B2W2 gym leaders too in some way, whether it's gonna be official gym battles and Ash may get more badges than 8 this time, or if it's just matches against them. There's also the possibility that he'll lose and just leave, but since it's against Ash's nature to give up, I don't think they'd include that.
__________________
  #183    
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
I have a feeling we'll get to see Elesa and her new looks at some point in the anime, so I don't think it's a game feature only. They've already included Homika, and they're probably gonna include all the other B2W2 gym leaders too in some way, whether it's gonna be official gym battles and Ash may get more badges than 8 this time, or if it's just matches against them. There's also the possibility that he'll lose and just leave, but since it's against Ash's nature to give up, I don't think they'd include that.
I think he'll come across Elesa again in some sort of tournament maybe that we see in B2/W2 or during some sort of event and Elesa will have her new look then, but not for a gym battle? Could be a very logical explanation, in my opinion.

Also I've updated the Pokemon on the list. As you can see, I've added the Pokemon each gym Leaders would have in the tournament and the newer gym leaders will be added later I've spent nearly 2 hours getting everything organized in the main post! It saddens me to see that some such as Lt. Surge, Janine, Pryce & the first 6 of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders won't make their appearance in battling at the tournament, or am I wrong? I'll get the 3 new gym leaders in by tonight, so after today, we can update our partners and leaders to train under! (Yes, its that time for an upgrade!)

EDIT: I added something new under the rules section! Also I fixed the badges that were extremely huge in the Sinnoh/Unova sections. Now they are fixed! (Need to find a smaller/better one for Homika/Roxie though). Everything is added, updated & ready to go!

Last edited by Sector; July 21st, 2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Updates!
  #184    
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
I think he'll come across Elesa again in some sort of tournament maybe that we see in B2/W2 or during some sort of event and Elesa will have her new look then, but not for a gym battle? Could be a very logical explanation, in my opinion.

Also I've updated the Pokemon on the list. As you can see, I've added the Pokemon each gym Leaders would have in the tournament and the newer gym leaders will be added later I've spent nearly 2 hours getting everything organized in the main post! It saddens me to see that some such as Lt. Surge, Janine, Pryce & the first 6 of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders won't make their appearance in battling at the tournament, or am I wrong? I'll get the 3 new gym leaders in by tonight, so after today, we can update our partners and leaders to train under! (Yes, its that time for an upgrade!)

EDIT: I added something new under the rules section! Also I fixed the badges that were extremely huge in the Sinnoh/Unova sections. Now they are fixed! (Need to find a smaller/better one for Homika/Roxie though). Everything is added, updated & ready to go!
Yeah, I just don't see it as very likely that he's going to challenge her to another gym battle, since he doesn't really have anything to win. There's also the possibility that he isn't even gonna battle her, and rather watch her battle, or there being some kind of side thing where she shows off her Pokémon. Either way, I'm still pretty sure she'll make an appearance.

Now, I guess we can throw a new topic, no?

Which previous gym leaders would you like to see reappear in the games and/or anime?
__________________
  #185    
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Yeah, I just don't see it as very likely that he's going to challenge her to another gym battle, since he doesn't really have anything to win. There's also the possibility that he isn't even gonna battle her, and rather watch her battle, or there being some kind of side thing where she shows off her Pokémon. Either way, I'm still pretty sure she'll make an appearance.

Now, I guess we can throw a new topic, no?

Which previous gym leaders would you like to see reappear in the games and/or anime?
Sabrina!! She's my all-time favorite gym leader. I love her newer look (Johto style) than her Kanto's though, but I was still very much a fan during Generation 1, just became even more in Generation 2! I would love to see her show off some more skills of hers with new and more current Generation Pokemon though. That'd be very interesting to view.
  #186    
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:36 PM
CarefulWetPaint's Avatar
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Which previous gym leaders would you like to see reappear in the games and/or anime?
blue or red
Janine! Or Claire <3 I think it'd be nice to see Janine in the anime at least, maybe show that Koga's got a promotion as well but I guess that'd mean that time has gone past in the pokemon world and thats not allowed. It would be pretty cool. Her in another game would be awesome as well, she's a great trainer. Maybe even having her promoted to the elite four as well!!
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Nice gif, but it exceeds the 1MB file size limit :(
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #187    
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Which previous gym leaders would you like to see reappear in the games and/or anime?

Falkner and Morty ! I'd really like to see them in the anime with their new design, mainly Morty who looks totally different from the when he appeared in the anime in the one of the previous season (the 5th I believe).
I also want to see Misty in the anime again, for obvious reasons.
Then Sabrina, her creepy side will haunt me forever x) I perfectly remember how much the episodes where she appeared scared me. With her new design she seems not to have the same personnality as before, I'd be curious to know how they could picture her.
And in the games... I want to see them all reappear ! Really I can't choose. Mainly the Hoenn gym leaders though, because, seeing them reappearing in a game would mean a RSE remake, and I want an RSE remake
__________________

  #188    
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Alright, let's bring about a new topic to this club.

How do you feel about Iris leaving her Gym Leader status to become a Champion? Is she better off staying a Gym Leader? Explain your reasoning.
  #189    
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
How do you feel about Iris leaving her Gym Leader status to become a Champion? Is she better off staying a Gym Leader? Explain your reasoning.

I would have prefered her to remain a gym leader. I liked the idea of a different gym leader for each version, it was original, and changed from the former versions. And, we already have a Dragon-type champion anyway.
__________________

  #190    
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Ownership of the club is being transferred to me at request of the owner.
__________________
  #191    
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Disregarding the game scheme, would gym leaders' Pokémon have equivalent levels in real life or would the level difference between the "first region's town" 's gym and the "last region's town" 's gym remain?

I'm not sure you'll understand what I mean x)
__________________

  #192    
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm still here.

How do you feel about Iris leaving her Gym Leader status to become a Champion? Is she better off staying a Gym Leader? Explain your reasoning.

I would have loved her to stay as a Gym Leader cos I loved having different Gym Leaders between versions (even though I played Black and not White) plus as Mentalii said, we already have a Dragon specialist Champion. I mean, Iris is in my opinion too young to be a Champion at the moment (aside from protagonists) which made me wonder how she'd handle taking on challenges as a Champion not to mention she would have made a great new Gym Leader for Opelucid Gym should Drayden retire. However, Iris's new design makes her look sooooooooo cool. But anyways, I didn't mind her becoming Champion.
__________________


Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

  #193    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:26 AM
Queen of Poison's Avatar
Queen of Poison
I love Muk
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In my palace with my Poison Pokemon
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Name: Queen of Poison
Your Gym Leader: Roxie
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!):
Seviper and Drapion
Why have you joined to be trained:
To become a gym leader one day. I even got a puzzle for my gym for when I am leader.

How do you feel about Iris leaving her Gym Leader status to become a Champion? Is she better off staying a Gym Leader? Explain your reasoning.

I think if she should still be a gym leader because she is still young and probably has alot to learn. Drayden should be champion because he is older and more experienced imo.

  #194    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Poison View Post
Name: Queen of Poison
Your Gym Leader: Roxie
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!):
Seviper and Drapion
Why have you joined to be trained:
To become a gym leader one day. I even got a puzzle for my gym for when I am leader.

How do you feel about Iris leaving her Gym Leader status to become a Champion? Is she better off staying a Gym Leader? Explain your reasoning.

I think if she should still be a gym leader because she is still young and probably has alot to learn. Drayden should be champion because he is older and more experienced imo.

Welcome to the club, Queen of Poison. The craze for Homika had appeared to have gone down a bit, but I'm guessing you're still liking her a lot? If that's the case, what is it that you like about her? Hope you'll enjoy your stay in the club :D

I partly agree with what you said, with how she might be too young to have become champion, as they appear to take a lot more responsibility, and a lot more is expected from them than a gym leader, at least from what I've seen from Cynthia, but then again. She was young as a gym leader too, and age isn't everything. She must surely have been chosen for a reason, since she, out of all the other candidates, got chosen to be champion.
__________________
  #195    
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Queen of Poison's Avatar
Queen of Poison
I love Muk
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In my palace with my Poison Pokemon
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Welcome to the club, Queen of Poison. The craze for Homika had appeared to have gone down a bit, but I'm guessing you're still liking her a lot? If that's the case, what is it that you like about her? Hope you'll enjoy your stay in the club :D
What I like about her is she is a Poison trainer and female like me. And she is a rockstar which is awesome. And in the anime she is a strong trainer.
  #196    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Poison View Post
What I like about her is she is a Poison trainer and female like me. And she is a rockstar which is awesome. And in the anime she is a strong trainer.
Ah. I'm not the biggest fan of Poison type Pokémon actually, so she didn't really appeal to me, only really the rockstar part did, though only slightly since Rock isn't really my favourite genre xD Anyways, I haven't actually seen the anime episode yet, since I'm just following the dub, though no doubt she'll be a strong trainer. This actually made me think of a topic we should've had a while ago, so here goes.

Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

__________________
  #197    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post

Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

I personally prefer Posey or Poise instead of Roxie. First thing comes to mind is:
Roxie=Rock type Pokemon


Also, I've never personally heard of Homika her so Homika is like an automatically thinking of a disease of some sort for me. x) So Homika WINS!
  #198    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Roxie's name comes from the fact that she's a rockstar though, but I can see your point. Most people would probably get the reference when seeing her gym and stuff though, so I don't think that'd be a problem. But generally, i just don't really like the name. Apart from Homika being what I first got to know her as, I think it has a much nicer sound to it than Roxie, and well, I just really like it.
__________________
  #199    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Queen of Poison's Avatar
Queen of Poison
I love Muk
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In my palace with my Poison Pokemon
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

I don't mind both names. I can't really say which one I like better but I am going to say Roxie because of her being a rockstar.
__________________

  #200    
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Major Ziggs's Avatar
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Poison View Post
Homika or Roxie? Which name do you prefer?

I don't mind both names. I can't really say which one I like better but I am going to say Roxie because of her being a rockstar.
I think I love you.

Homika of course! Roxie is a great name of course because of the rock star thing, but it doesn't sound very Poison-y D: 'Homika' sounds quite secret and unique and quirky, just like Poison types are. And it almost sounds kinda ninja-y too! I just think that image suits a Poison type leader a lot better than a rock star does but idk... It's probably just because when I first fell in love with her I knew her as Homika so I'm biased x]
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.