Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B2 W2 [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2012 (08:35 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
^ Well I checked, and it appears that all the Pokemon we have speculated about such as Poliwag, Azurill, and Lotad lines can learn it, so he could very well have scald as a move. It kind of fits the tropical nature of where he lives (it looks tropical in the scans) as the water is warm.
I see the Poison gym leader giving out Poison shock as her tm, and having a member of Venipede line as it can learn that move, plus her gitar design.
Old April 19th, 2012 (08:46 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Poison Shock... Venoshock you mean? Or is there another idk about? ;x Well she could always give out Sludge Wave/Bomb, depending on how much she wants power in her poison times but it might be too much for an early gym :x
Old April 19th, 2012 (08:51 PM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
^Well Lenora gave out Retaliate which is a decently powerful move, and she was only the second gym. Lt. Surge used to give out Thunderbolt, Bugsy with U-turn. These were all relatively early gym sand they each had some pretty decen prizes if you ask me.So I could see her having Sludge Bomb/wave for sure.
Old April 19th, 2012 (08:58 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Hmm okay, Sludge Bomb it is! Wave they might consider "too overpowered" due to idk. I prefer using Sludge Bomb ANYWAYS. Oh God what if she gave out Poison Sting >___>
Old April 20th, 2012 (02:09 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Forever:
Hmm okay, Sludge Bomb it is! Wave they might consider "too overpowered" due to idk. I prefer using Sludge Bomb ANYWAYS. Oh God what if she gave out Poison Sting >___>
...That would really suck. u_u

But I can see her giving out Sludge Bomb. I love that move!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 20th, 2012 (02:32 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Sludge Bomb is da bomb. :'D (lamejoke)
But really what else could it be other than Toxic? As much as I love that move it just feels wrong for her, ya know? Of course it could just be regular ol' Venoshock.
Old April 20th, 2012 (08:04 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

OH TOXIC YES. I kinda disagree since I think that'll be the perfect TM for her gym since it's early on, it's useful, but not TOO useful that it'll give you too much of an advantage. :3
Old April 20th, 2012 (08:13 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
If it's the first Gym then it won't be Sludge Bomb because IIRC it has a power of 90 and that's way too high for that point in the game, Toxic would suit it nice but a hit landing move would also be decent, Venoshock or Poison Tail if it can be implemented into a TM.
Old April 20th, 2012 (08:15 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

True, but she seems like the kind of gal that'll just be like "Koffing, use Veno-SHOCK! -plays epic guitar solo-"
Where as Toxic seems like it'd be like "Koffing, use Toxic. -plucks a few guitar strands-"
xD
But I do like Toxic, a LOT, so I hope she has it.

I think Shizui should have Scald. That'd be an awesome move to have. Warm water is common on beaches and such. Plus who doesn't love a hot bath after being on a beach all day? That, and it's on of the only two TMs, so it's either that or Rain Dance. xD
Old April 20th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
Silver Tier

It would be pretty interesting if each gym leader gave you a TM with a move that helped you against the next gym leader. Like, say, if Homika is first and you get a poison move and Shizui does use something in the Lotad line you'd have an advantage over that.
Old April 20th, 2012 (08:59 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Hmmm okay so then logically Driftveil will remain to be... ground, since Scald would help that. :(((
Old April 20th, 2012 (09:20 AM).
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
I just hope they make the gyms more challenging.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 20th, 2012 (09:47 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

@ Forever: Well I wouldn't say it'd HAVE to be Ground. I mean, look at the transfer from Elesa to Clay. How on earth will Volt Switch help against his team? And then Clay to Skyla, how will Bulldoze hit her Pokemon? And then Brycen has a type advantage over Skyla's Pokemon. While Acrobatics does normal damage to his Pokemon, his type has an advantage over flying type, which Acrobatics is a flying type move.
Old April 20th, 2012 (09:57 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Well the games do seem kinda opposite to B/W. So the gyms could work in reverse benefit - aka what Scarf said! Not impossible imo given that everything seems to be surprising. :3
Old April 20th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Oui, but it would SUCK if it was a hard hitting Poison type attack, and they throw in a Steel type Gym right after Homika. D;
I'd have to cry. But if they DID do something where each gym had an advantage over the one before it, imo, it would feel a bit too much like G/S/C HG/SS. Flying, Bug, Normal, Ghost, Fighting, Steel, Ice, Dragon.
Old April 20th, 2012 (10:50 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
It's not a guitar, it's a bass.
it's a bass
it's a bass
IT'S A BASS

---

...Ahem. I wouldn't want the "gym has an advantage over the one before it", just because people would probably use that as the "too easy" argument - giving you a TM in the town before that will help you in the next town without fail.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 20th, 2012 (01:53 PM).

If Cilan/Cress/Chili appear, I think you might have a multi triple battle, probably with with your player counterpart and your rival, then you'd all get the badge together. :D
Old April 20th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
The official Machoke

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonpokemonpokemon59
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.
Old April 20th, 2012 (02:38 PM).
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I'd like to see a ??? gym, thats the only one that hasn't been done
besides Dark type.
Old April 20th, 2012 (03:23 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I don't see any gym leaders having legends, they're reserved only for the Player and the frontier brains.
I'll like to see Brycen return even though most don't like him...he could have Pokemon such as Lapras (maybe Lapras is found around his city).
Also I'll like it if Elesa had Rotom, and each time you challenge her it appears in a different form, so that you wouldn't know what to expect.
Old April 20th, 2012 (06:21 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by pokemonpokemonpokemon59:
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.
lool yeah if only it wasn't legendary, she might finally be a good gym leader. :( But sadly no, I doubt it. :x

Quote originally posted by Sodapop:
besides Dark type.
Hmmm what'd be at that gym though? o_O I can't think of anything that'd fit into that, unless it's a multi-type gym, which may be likely in the later cities tbh.
Old April 20th, 2012 (06:50 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Sodapop:
besides Dark type.
There arent any ??? type Pokemon except ??? Arceus, so I dont think we could have a gym like that. I wouldnt mind a Dark type gym however. This could be the generation where we get one of those.
Old April 21st, 2012 (01:33 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
I'm expecting most other Gyms to be the same as they were in BW- but I'm really uncertain on the Gym front, to be honest. They've introduced two new Gyms, which means it's almost Cretan they've removed two others. I had been wondering what they might've done with Striaton City's gym but now I think of it they'll probably scrap it entirely, and probably Lenora's too- simply. because they're not really on the path from the player's home town, haha.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 21st, 2012 (07:48 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Although the Pokémon Anime isn't canon to the games, could this possibly be a hint for a Fire-type Gym with Chili?

Here's a quote from Chili to Pansear from the anime -
"Pansear I'm really sorry. I totally feel bad, know what? I've got a dream! That you and I will open a gym, the very first fire type gym in the Unova region! To do that, we need to master everything about fire types first."

Just a thought!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 21st, 2012 (07:56 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

As I said, I like how that relates! Perhaps if we got him, we might skip out on the grass gym, since I don't think that'd appear later on, and "if possible" then the only place it could fit is early on and Homika/other guy are already earlyyy. I'd like to see a fire gym there tbh instead of grass. Kinda makes sense considering there's ice everywhere and it needs melting lool.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)