< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation Black 2White 2 [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2012 (1:48 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
I want Homika to at least have a Scolipede really. That's all I want, and GameFreak can put whatever in the next slot. :[

esoteric. paired to syn & exile & vrai

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 24th, 2012 (9:41 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
I want Homika to at least have a Scolipede really. That's all I want, and GameFreak can put whatever in the next slot. :[
It definitely suits her with that guitar. If and when they possibly have that rematch option added by the gym leaders this time, it shouldn't matter what she has from the start or not? Since it'd seem like many of us would be battling her like crazy anyway! (Judging that she will have full party of 6 anyway and Scolipede would be highly added to her party then!) Wanted to share a photo of Homika from the anime:
Spoiler:

Old April 24th, 2012 (9:46 AM).
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
To be honest it doesn't bother me if a Gym Leader has duplicates.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 24th, 2012 (11:15 AM).
On that 'Non stop road'
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
I just hope that her Scoliopede has Poison Point... God, I hate facing Pokemon with that ability... Same thing with Elesa's Static-equipped Emolga in the originals...

With that said, though, she and Clay would be my choices for Gym Leaders in B/W that I would like to see return... either as Gym Leaders again or being promoted to Elite Four. The rest of the Gym Leaders in B/W never really resonated with me:/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Old April 24th, 2012 (4:48 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

I have a feeling that we might be getting another steal gym in this game, he or she could have Lucario and Metagross, two confirmed pokemon to be in this game.
I also want Elesa and Clay to return, Clay doesn't seem like the one retire...maybe he was promoted to the E4 after the way he helped gather the leaders against Team Plasma's Sages.
Crimson Ruby, Indigo Sapphire, Green Emerald.
Old April 24th, 2012 (6:15 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Hey I just had a new idea. What if this new Professor, Akuroma, has his own Gym!? This could be that groundbreaking idea that Game Freak has been dying to tell us. He could be another Gary Gym with all it's varied Pokemon and whatnot. Well, of course he has the decision of picking Pokemon from 3 different regions so varied teams are definitely a must.
If this comes true I'll call myself the "Seer of Pokemon Games".
The pictures below are from the Pokemon wiki and apparently I use the pictures below under the U.S. copyright law of Fair Use.
Attached Images
File Type: png Professor_Akuroma.png‎ (104.9 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Akuroma_1.png‎ (40.2 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Gave up on my signature... so...
SIGNATURE. <-----Happy? Yeah, I give up easily... tsk, tsk...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old April 24th, 2012 (6:20 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmoor View Post
Hey I just had a new idea. What if this new Professor, Akuroma, has his own Gym!? This could be that groundbreaking idea that Game Freak has been dying to tell us. He could be another Gary Gym with all it's varied Pokemon and whatnot. Well, of course he has the decision of picking Pokemon from 3 different regions so varied teams are definitely a must.
If this comes true I'll call myself the "Seer of Pokemon Games".
The pictures below are from the Pokemon wiki and apparently I use the pictures below under the U.S. copyright law of Fair Use.
If Akuroma does turn out to be one of the Gym Leaders, then what type will he specialize in? Psychic (that's my guess)?

Old April 24th, 2012 (6:24 PM).
the land I love
Crystal Tier

Oh wow, didn't think of that. Maybe he could be the new flying leader cause of his hair and Skyla's new job is to transport people to the mountain. :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old April 24th, 2012 (7:17 PM).

If Game Freak tries to make the Black 2/White 2 games fresher, should the Professors have a Gym to themselves? We all know they're capable of becoming a Gym leader but should our random region Professor/next door neighbor stand in the way of our dream to become a Pokemon champion because as Arceus knows we can't become a Pokemon Master .
Is this ethical at all, to have your mentor stand in your way to become a Pokemon Champion?
Old April 24th, 2012 (7:36 PM).
Eldritch Smackdown!
Administrator CSPokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Lax
You absolutely certain every Pokémon Professor would be qualified to be a leader? :P

It'd be a twist, yes. But I couldn't imagine it happening this turn of the generation. Now, Akuroma as a Gym Leader is by far not something I can't imagine.

Nevertheless, it's being discussed in the Gym Leader speculation thread, so I'll be merging the thread.
Old April 24th, 2012 (8:03 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
That would be an interesting twist to the game...also Akuroma is a Researcher not a Professor. Which could help the speculation further as each Gym Leader basically researches their own specific type. Bugsy was just a Super Bug Catcher and Blain was a Scientist.

You could say that a Roark was a Researcher of sorts with his love for fossils.
Old April 24th, 2012 (9:45 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

And Steven who loved stones
Anyways, the proffesor being a gym leader would be interesting, and considering he reseaches strength he'll most likely be a fighting gym leader.
Crimson Ruby, Indigo Sapphire, Green Emerald.
Old April 25th, 2012 (2:09 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Akuroma as a Gym Leader? That's interesting. It would be epic to have a battle with him, though him being the Professor not only makes me wonder what type of Pokémon he could have, but what city/town will the gym be at, and when do we get to battle him? I wouldn't expect to battle him early on.

I think he may as well be our multi-type gym maybe?

Old April 25th, 2012 (6:16 AM).
the land I love
Crystal Tier

Fighting leader? Boringgg. Give him a deep role or something related to how he looks plz, or just go with the multi-leader as mentioned, and he could be the leader for the first city which you don't battle til the end. :3
Old April 25th, 2012 (9:34 AM).
my user title got ate :(
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I also want Elesa and Clay to return
If Elesa does return she needs a new outfit. Not that the one is bad, but if you're a model you need new outfits. And if she does reappear and does have a new look I could maybe see her having a new type specialty to match it, but doubt they'd do something like that as much as it would be a fun twist.
Old April 25th, 2012 (10:25 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
If Elesa does return she needs a new outfit. Not that the one is bad, but if you're a model you need new outfits. And if she does reappear and does have a new look I could maybe see her having a new type specialty to match it, but doubt they'd do something like that as much as it would be a fun twist.
I would think that it's pretty much a given fact that they would change at least a little something, especially considering these are sequels, and not remakes. Clay definitely needs something other than those chaps. Good lord man.

I doubt that the leaders themselves would have changed type. maybe the gym's main type if the previous leader is no longer there, but not the leader themselves. Though, it would be a nice little twist.
"Oh, fantastic! What did you think? My team was pretty cool, right? It's a bit embarrassing to show off, but I love to show their best sides!"
1091-8737-0112
Old April 25th, 2012 (10:54 AM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
That is true. If she changes outfits, she should have a different hairstyle too though. maybe she'd have been the one to set the crazy hair trend, pretty believable to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I would think that it's pretty much a given fact that they would change at least a little something, especially considering these are sequels, and not remakes. Clay definitely needs something other than those chaps. Good lord man.

I doubt that the leaders themselves would have changed type. maybe the gym's main type if the previous leader is no longer there, but not the leader themselves. Though, it would be a nice little twist.
Though the Gym Leaders don't seem all that young (like the leaders in RSE), maybe they could have possibly settled to follow another dream. Not necessarily go into an entirely new direction in the region, but take on a new type of Gym Pokémon. It's still possible, I mean like you said, these are sequels.

Old April 25th, 2012 (11:34 AM).

If Homika is really first leader I think she might have Venipede and Skorupi. Skorupi has suitable stats for first leader's Pokemon.

Bulbapedia says that Shizui speaks Kyushu dialect in Japanese version. Hoenn is Kyushu's counterpart, does that mean he's from Hoenn? If that's true, he might have Ludicolo which would suit his gym. He could also have Corphish and Chinchou which is common in Hoenn's underwater.
Old April 25th, 2012 (7:44 PM).
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
I just want a dark type gym, considering there has never been one before. They have to make one eventually, right?

With Sneasel, Purrloin, Sandile, Scraggy, Vullaby, Zorua, Pawniard, Deino, and Umbreon, I gotta think you could make a pretty good gym. (I'm not including Tyranitar for obvious enough reasons)
Old April 26th, 2012 (3:48 PM).
the land I love
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj4bigred View Post
I just want a dark type gym, considering there has never been one before. They have to make one eventually, right?

With Sneasel, Purrloin, Sandile, Scraggy, Vullaby, Zorua, Pawniard, Deino, and Umbreon, I gotta think you could make a pretty good gym. (I'm not including Tyranitar for obvious enough reasons)
Well if it's the last one, basically hmm, I'd say out of those, the evos of Pawniard, Deino, Scraggy and Sandile are likely. Others don't really seem like they'd fit the last gym :(
Old April 26th, 2012 (3:57 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

I can see Umbreon being part of a dark type Gym Leader team. I mean Eevee keeps appearing in the trailers, certainly one of the Gym Leaders should have the evolution of one.

Old April 26th, 2012 (3:59 PM).
the land I love
Crystal Tier

Yeah I agree, but they seem like they'd fit into other gyms. For example Flareon in the gym we predict is fire and so on. Umbreon just doesn't seem like a gym Pokemon. XD; Idk why tbh.
Old April 26th, 2012 (7:04 PM).

If there is/will be a Dark Gym then i'm screwed. Usually most of my teams, at the time of the 6th Gym, are 1/2 Ghost and Psychic.
I wonder how this Dark Gym challenge could go anyways? Like Fatima's Ghost Gym? 100 Questions Quiz Time!
Anyways I wanna see a Dual Type Gym. That's right Dual Type. Maybe Fire and Water? Water and Ice? Dark and Psychic? So many possibilities! But of course this Gym will probably occur at mid-game where we could actually have a good team to counter the two types.
Old April 26th, 2012 (7:11 PM).
the land I love
Crystal Tier

Questions? Nah that wouldn't be very "dark". Maybe the leader would be cloaked like in Kanto? As for a dual-type gym, I kinda doubt it, I mean we just had triples and we know they're gone so idk why they'd jump back to dual :(
Old April 26th, 2012 (7:15 PM).
The Lord of Smug
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Yeah the dark gym would probably be to navigate a hidden path like with Morty.

You know what we need? A late game Rock gym. Show people that Rock pokemon aren't just some scrubs easily beaten by water pokemon.
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links