The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Forever
let it go

Unless it's in Dragonspiral tower, idk where else it can fit post-game. :(
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Rock could fit in a new town if they added anymore.
Perhaps the gyms are balanced out, so no matter which starter you pick there is a challenge at at least one point in the game.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
We need another fire gym. Blaine was in 1st Generation, Flannery in 3rd Generation, and 5th needs an actual Fire gym to keep the chain going.
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well, Electric's shown up in 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations, but never in the Elite Four. I think Electric needs to be moved from a Gym to Elite Four status.

And actually, a Rock gym could be challenging this time around no matter where it is. Just make sure they have a Boldore or two. The combo of Sturdy and Sand Attack/Mud Slap and various powerful offensive attacks caused me much aggravation in B/W; surely a Gym Leader armed with that powerful weapon of mass frustration could pose a major threat during the course of the game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshiram Man View Post
We need another fire gym. Blaine was in 1st Generation, Flannery in 3rd Generation, and 5th needs an actual Fire gym to keep the chain going.
Agreed, I would like to see another cool fire gym leader, they're quite likeable imo. And seeing how the Unova Pokedex is quite large they could have quite the selection of fire Pokemon compared to the other two.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I wouldn't mind seeing a Fire-type Gym set up in the Unova Region. I never noticed the odd number pattern before, but just to keep up an "unofficial" trend going, then I'd be all for it. Even more so that we'll now have a Water-type Gym and more than likely the Trio Gym will be replaced(?).

I'd also like to see a Dark-type Gym for the first time, however, if Grimsley is still kept as an Elite member, then it probably won't happen until maybe the 6th Generation comes out.

I'm actually hoping we get a couple other new Gym Leaders other than Homika and Shizui added in. It would definitely make the experience of the games feel more like a new journey, and that's something I'd like, since Black and White didn't leave the best impression on me.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Here's my theory: I think that after you beat the game there will be more gyms to complete the other gyms will open seeing as there are now more towns. Perhaps you will have to earn 16 badges in Unova now? That would be interesting and just like G/S/C.

Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
A dark gym would be great. I'd also like to see a legitimate grass gym, one later in the game, maybe around 6th challenge? As I always pick the water starter a real grass gym and not just a fake one with a monkey would give me a great challenge. I use dark and psychic types a lot later in the games, but not in the gym challenges really so if they do have any "extra" gyms I'd like to see an antagonistic type for both.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
I'd love to see a Dark type gym! But of course, I think the only gyms that will be replaced are Striaton's city gym and Nacrene city gym, because those two cities are covered in ice. The rest of the gyms will stay...I think.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Zayphora

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Midnight★ View Post
I'd love to see a Dark type gym! But of course, I think the only gyms that will be replaced are Striaton's city gym and Nacrene city gym, because those two cities are covered in ice. The rest of the gyms will stay...I think.
i agree, sadly...then the only true new gyms will be Homika and Shizui...but hopefully they will do some sort of "extra gym"...

All i can say is, i want rematches.
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
Well, Electric's shown up in 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations, but never in the Elite Four. I think Electric needs to be moved from a Gym to Elite Four status.

And actually, a Rock gym could be challenging this time around no matter where it is. Just make sure they have a Boldore or two. The combo of Sturdy and Sand Attack/Mud Slap and various powerful offensive attacks caused me much aggravation in B/W; surely a Gym Leader armed with that powerful weapon of mass frustration could pose a major threat during the course of the game.
I would like to see an Electric E4 member, we've had 4 Electric Gym Leaders but no E4 members.

These types have yet to be specialized by an E4 member: Electric, Flying, Grass, Normal, Rock, Steel and Water.

I'm hoping for a new Dark-type Gym too.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old April 28th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Post
Here's my theory: I think that after you beat the game there will be more gyms to complete the other gyms will open seeing as there are now more towns. Perhaps you will have to earn 16 badges in Unova now? That would be interesting and just like G/S/C.
16? I'd love the extra challenge but I don't think GF are that nice. ;; Maybe like, 12 but not the complete 16 or something tbh. If there's a few other gyms that'd be nice, but ya I guess I'll deal with just Homika/Water leader if that's what there's gunna be. :(
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Aquarius1997
The Horoscopical Master

Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

Ex Fire- gym inside a volcano
Electric- Gym is a power plant
Poisen-( in the future) maybe in a hospitol and the gym leader is a doctor
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
IKawaiiThief
Summer Sakura Trainer!

Nature: Quiet
With the revelation of Homika and Shizui, I can definitely see there being new gyms. I kinda want 16 Gyms, probably 8 during the main story and another 8 to fight post story, but it doesn't seem likely.

Homika-Poison-Koffing level 15, Venipede level 13

Shizui-Water- Psyduck level 20, Alomola level 18
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Community Supporter

I'm thinking that there will be no more new gyms. Perhaps the replacing two is a call back to Kanto in GS, I mean Unova is an expy of Kanto...

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole_ View Post
With the revelation of Homika and Shizui, I can definitely see there being new gyms. I kinda want 16 Gyms, probably 8 during the main story and another 8 to fight post story, but it doesn't seem likely.

Homika-Poison-Koffing level 15, Venipede level 13

Shizui-Water- Psyduck level 20, Alomola level 18
Shizui has three Pokemon. Still think he's gunna Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo us.
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius1997 View Post
Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

That's a good idea. Game Freak has tried to do that-ish. Ex. Eterna City has Eterna Forest before it hinting the coming of a grass-type leader. It always amazed me that a forest could fit in a Gym. Also Castelia Gym got me so confused. I mean really, honey coated walls and a nature theme in a city metropolis? The dude didn't even have a Combee!
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
ShadowStriatonTriad
Shadow Triad Elite

Nature: Bold
I can't wait to meet and challenge the new gyms. Though, I do hope that at least the Striaton Gym Leaders make an appearance in this next game.

Don't leave comrades behind.

Old April 30th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:

That would be nice! Only thing that may possibly be likely is the volcano gym... it could happen considering there's ice everywhere and a volcano could be dormant somewhere! Electric ya I doubt they'd relocate completely if Elesa's gym type stays, and for poison, ya not happening sadly :(
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Esper

Quote:

The gyms from BW mostly already did this.

1st gym (Fire/Water/Grass) is a cafe where you could get some tea (which you get by mixing hot water and tea leaves).
2nd gym (Normal) is a library and this is one where I don't quite see a direct connection.
3rd gym (Bug) is in a large city building which mimics how insects live: in large colonies like ants or bees.
4th gym (Electric) is in an amusement park with tons of bright lights.
5th gym (Ground) is in a mine shaft.
6th gym (Flying) is in an airplane hanger.
7th gym (Ice) is in an icy cave.
8th gym (Dragon) is some kind of stone room with big dragon statues. That sorta fits.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post

1st gym (Fire/Water/Grass) is a cafe where you could get some tea (which you get by mixing hot water and tea leaves).
2nd gym (Normal) is a library and this is one where I don't quite see a direct connection.
3rd gym (Bug) is in a large city building which mimics how insects live: in large colonies like ants or bees.
8th gym (Dragon) is some kind of stone room with big dragon statues. That sorta fits.
Maybe 2nd gym is in library because books are basic sources of knowledge and normal types are considered to be the most basic types.

I think Homika's gym could be in the city with some kind of factory producing poisonous chemicals.
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post

Speaking of the 7th Gym! I hope it's elsewhere to be honest. I mean why have an Ice type Gym Leader in Icirrus, where the city itself doesn't even deal with anything icy. :[ Plus there's randomly Dragonspiral Tower.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Zayphora

I thought Icirrus was cute...The music was kind of irish! AND IT HAD CLAPPING!!!

Enough weirdness.

However, GAME FREAK kind of likes the Ice gym to be 7th, they did it in d/p/pt too. So I think they'll keep it. Off topic, but I hope they make there be a point to icirrus moor...it was pretty but pointless...
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
I thought Icirrus was cute...The music was kind of irish! AND IT HAD CLAPPING!!!

Enough weirdness.

However, GAME FREAK kind of likes the Ice gym to be 7th, they did it in d/p/pt too. So I think they'll keep it. Off topic, but I hope they make there be a point to icirrus moor...it was pretty but pointless...
Yeah, but I was referring to the 7th Gym being moved into a different city or town. You see DPPt had Snowpoint, and an Ice type gym was perfect there. In Icirrus, not so much.

Thoughhh, I guess there really isn't any other place it could be. Unless somewhere on the east side of Unova there is a better icy/snow-ish themed town or city.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Unless they move it to the mountain with the airport I don't really see where else it could fit. :x

Sponsored Links