Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2012 (07:13 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Kaori:

Aw, Clay was so amazing.

I don't really understand why they only had three Pokémon too, and I hope these sequels fix that. I mean if Shizui is indeed the third gym, he has three Pokémon and it just can't stay that way for the rest of the gyms. That would suck.
If Shizui is in that place where Undella bay used to be he may be fourth or fifth Gym. So we may still have the 3 Pokemon limitation.
Old May 13th, 2012 (08:57 AM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
"Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)"

So I'll assume he'll have a Patrat & Lillipup or something like that although as other people have said it would be more fitting for him to have a full team of Normal types.
Yeah unfortunately that will be what his team looks like. Hopefully his full team turns out like this.

Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Yeah, I don't think he's a gym leader this time around. The scan says he was a gym leader in BW. All the others say they are gym leaders. It looks from the scan like he's gone into movie making.
Yeah when I saw Pokewood I didn't get the feeling he would be. Maybe he battles but in a Pokewood way.

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
If Brycen isn't a gym leader then it's either two things, one there's a couple of more new undiscovered Gym leaders or two Shikima (Water leader) takes his place. Yes he has 3 Pokémon but so did Brycen at that point in the game.
Shizui takes his place? How so, unless they just don't have a Gym in Icirrus. Either thing it is almost invitiable that we will get more new Gym leaders anyways. So far we have two need and one confirmed replacement for Lenora. Not to mention they could still have a gym in Nacrene but just remodel the gym to a different type.

Quote originally posted by Cameo:
I'm actually really excited about the fact that some of the old gym leaders will be replaced and we'll get introduced to new ones.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but if Basic Badge is the first one the player will get then that could mean either two things. It might be that Cilan, Chili and Cress will have another role in the game or then they just don't have a gym at their possession anymore or have been ranked up. So they might just have become stronger and taken the place of for example fourth gym.

Nevertheless I'm quite happy that there's again a gym leader who uses Poison type because the only one so far has been Koga and he left to join Johto Elite Four later on. Shizui in the other hands, I'm really disappointed. We've had during these last five generations too many gym leaders using Water type i.e. Misty, Wallace who became Hoenn Champion in Emerald, Juan, Crasher Wake and now this new one. Ugh.

Personally I'd wanted to see a gym leader who'd been using Dark type for example because there hasn't been a single one of them so far. Hopefully also Unova Elite Four will be changed more or less. I didn't really care to battle agains such weak trainers who are supposed to be E4 after all. But enough about that in this topic.

By far I'm pretty satisfied for the information that's been revealed already because in B&W gym leaders were really poor and didn't stand a match at all. Maybe it all changes now in B&W2.
For the Trio I think there is definitely more then two options. They could also stay at Striation, its just the gym order is changed. The only reason that they would be a fourth gym is due to the placing the Player starts, more then them being a whole lot stronger.

Janine has be a Poison Gym Leader as well since he replaced Koga after he got promoted to the Elite Four.

Water is the most common Type in pokemon so its not surprising that Water has seen some many Gyms over the Generations.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 13th, 2012 (11:53 AM).
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
C/C/C would be gym leaders if they were the Shadow Triad, so that new players know who they are...

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old May 13th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I could see a Grass type gym in Nacrene, if they put more ivy on the buildings. We don't know if it will even be accessible, however. Are those rumors about a Stevia disproved? If not, then she might be there.
Old May 14th, 2012 (07:51 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I would like to see Grass too, perhaps they could make a new town covered in old style ivy covered buildings and put it there...
I would also like to see a Dark type gothic looking gym in these games.
Old May 14th, 2012 (11:14 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
I could see a Grass type gym in Nacrene, if they put more ivy on the buildings. We don't know if it will even be accessible, however. Are those rumors about a Stevia disproved? If not, then she might be there.
Nah Striaton, not Nacrene. It has more of the old grassy feel, plussss you have like the water garden around there too. That could've expanded and became something more!
Old May 15th, 2012 (01:13 AM).
Cameo
Superior heat protecter!

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
Janine has be a Poison Gym Leader as well since he replaced Koga after he got promoted to the Elite Four.
Well, it depends on how you look at these things. Technicly there has been two Poison Gym Leaders because Koga's daughter (correct me if I remember she being his daughter) replaced him while he left to join Johto's Elite Four.

And in the same time through these five generations so far there has been just ONE Gym that specializes in Poison type. It's just that the leader of the Gym was replaced.

Still, happy to see a completely new Poison Gym in Unova.
Old May 15th, 2012 (08:41 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Going by this image and assuming they stick to the usual pattern as they did in BW, it looks like Cheren will have a Level 11 Patrat and a Level 13 something (most likely lillipup) although I hope it's slightly stronger Pokémon but back to my point. In the games it was Level 12 Lillipup & Level 14 Panpour/Pansear/Pansage so does this mean the games have became easier? I hope not.
Old May 15th, 2012 (08:57 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Well good news...we don't have to deal with Hypnosis first Gym. Bad News Bide and Detect Spam x_x
Old May 15th, 2012 (10:40 AM).
Toshiro.
Community Supporter

I dont like the fact that Cheren is the first gym leader. I would love if he were the 6th or 7th so that he can have a stronger team. Bleh :/
Old May 15th, 2012 (05:50 PM).
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
So from what we see in the new B2W2 trailer, could that really be Elesa? If it really is, I'm loving the new look far better than her design in Black and White. Her hair is amazing. She better not have two Emolga on her team though. I expect her gym to remain in Nimbasa.

Going off topic here, but the stage in which she was found on (as well as Akuroma in the games) I expect to be in Nimbasa too.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 15th, 2012 (05:53 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Confirmed Gym Leaders:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Brycen

Three more to go for the main storyline
Old May 15th, 2012 (06:47 PM).
RedJ
OR

Nature: Quiet
I have this vision of the protagonist and Elesa battling on that stage in front of all those people, then suddenly he/she has a bunch of fans stalking following him/her after he/she wins. I dunno why.

Which is cool. Now that I think about it, you don't really get much recognition in the games until you either beat the evil Team or become the Champion, and even then it's not much.

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old May 15th, 2012 (07:22 PM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I love Elesa's new look, I'm glad she's back cos she's my fave Unova Gym Leader from the original Black & White.
Old May 15th, 2012 (08:40 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm actually shocked, if that is Elesa (and I think she is) then she's the first one in Pokemon history to dye her hair...though I like it better the way it is now, it looks cute :3
Yes, Brycen's back. Now we just need an fire gym leader so we can have Electric, Ice and Fire
Old May 15th, 2012 (08:55 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by Zayphora:
There hasn't be confirmation or any flat out disapproving of the notion as far as I have heard.

Quote originally posted by Toshiro.:
I dont like the fact that Cheren is the first gym leader. I would love if he were the 6th or 7th so that he can have a stronger team. Bleh :/
Yeah I think all of us were a bit disappointed in the placement for Cheren. Maybe will see him constantly get better throughout the game since I assume he will help the protag like he did in the promotional trailer which he had a Stoutland.

Quote originally posted by Kaori:
So from what we see in the new B2W2 trailer, could that really be Elesa? If it really is, I'm loving the new look far better than her design in Black and White. Her hair is amazing. She better not have two Emolga on her team though. I expect her gym to remain in Nimbasa.

Going off topic here, but the stage in which she was found on (as well as Akuroma in the games) I expect to be in Nimbasa too.
Hopefully the replace one of them with Tynamo or Eeletrik. And it is almost certainly her.

Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
Confirmed Gym Leaders:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Brycen

Three more to go for the main storyline
Was Brycen confirmed as a "Gym Leader" yet? Cause we know he is involved in the PokeWood but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a gym leader currently even though he is still present. Not to say he is not either.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 15th, 2012 (10:49 PM).
Esper

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
Was Brycen confirmed as a "Gym Leader" yet? Cause we know he is involved in the PokeWood but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a gym leader currently even though he is still present. Not to say he is not either.
I still think that since he was mentioned and specifically not called a gym leader that means he isn't one.

I'm glad we're having some returning gym leaders though. It makes the most sense story-wise for some of them to stick around and some of them to change.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 16th, 2012 (02:12 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

In the anime trailer for B2W2 Elesa appeared as an Electric type gym leader with brunette hair next to her Zebstrika, I wonder does this mean she is still a leader? After all she was quite difficult and Nibasa City is still part of the storyline, I'd like to see how she'd look in game with darker hair.
Old May 16th, 2012 (02:59 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

I love Elesa's new look so much! Like, I honestly didn't like a thing about her in Black and White but now she looks so cool! With her being a model you can only expect her to color her hair and whatnot.

I'm still rooting for Brycen to be a Gym Leader still, and then him making movies will just be a hobby or something.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old May 16th, 2012 (03:01 AM).
Forever
let it go

You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team. :(
Old May 16th, 2012 (03:06 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Requility:
You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team. :(
...-le sigh-
Well, at least her style has improved.
But come on girl! Get better Pokemon! Get an Eelektross! Snatch up a Galvantula! Makes yourself a LITTLE more intimidating! Gosh. Well, if any other Leaders return I really hope their team improved somewhat.
#427 Buneary
Supporter Collab January 2015
babies l blog
Old May 16th, 2012 (05:22 AM).
Toshiro.
Community Supporter

Glad that Elesa is returning as a gym leader. I just want Skyla to return and then im good!
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:10 AM).
RedJ
OR

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
...-le sigh-
Well, at least her style has improved.
But come on girl! Get better Pokemon! Get an Eelektross! Snatch up a Galvantula! Makes yourself a LITTLE more intimidating! Gosh. Well, if any other Leaders return I really hope their team improved somewhat.
Since when did Gym Leaders needs to be intimidating? Sure, you look at her Pokemon and think "BAH THIS IS NOTHING", but then that's when she starts spamming Volt Switch, which could very easily mess you up.

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:49 AM).
Blue
c'est la vie
Community Supporter

Just because Brycen has made an appearence at Pokéwood doesn't indicate that he still remains as Gym Leader, if anything it could go against that as he replaced his Gym status to become a Judge at Pokéwood or whatever the deal is with that. That means either a leader from BW takes his place or again we get a new one.
Old May 16th, 2012 (07:58 AM).
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote originally posted by redjacketalchemist:
Since when did Gym Leaders needs to be intimidating? Sure, you look at her Pokemon and think "BAH THIS IS NOTHING", but then that's when she starts spamming Volt Switch, which could very easily mess you up.
It is so easy to bypass Volt Switch, especially if we can find a Wooper before then. Then Volt Switch is just useless. Plus it never even gave me a huge problem, but that's just me. I think intimidation is good, because they're supposed to prepare you for the Elite Four and they need to be challenging. Why should Gym Leaders be so easy all of the time?

@Forever - I'm just glad that in the trailer, they showed one Emolga and not two. So there's a slight chance she'll have something in replace of that, and GameFreak just doesn't want to show it yet.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links