The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)
Well from the looks of it, the Striation Gym Leaders might split (with, hopefully Chili opening up his own Fire type gym) because Cress isn't needed anymore.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
We've heard that B2W2 has a "Brand New Story" that will follow for the games. While I've seen massive amount of Speculation to Gameplay, Kyurem, and things to add such as Move Tutors, I haven't seen anyone mentioning new or Changed Gyms.

Gym change talk was pretty big when we thought the new game was Gray, but now that we know it isn't, lets see what kinda Gyms we get.

Gyms can change, Anime, Manga, and the Video Games have shown this. With this being something new to all of the Pokemon History, we can't say that they won't change the Gyms up.

Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Assuming we are still in Unova, what you think we'd get this time around?

The new gym leader concept in great and it would be nice to see a change in gym leaders and type, i am looking forward to see how it turns out.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Well from the looks of it, the Striation Gym Leaders might split (with, hopefully Chili opening up his own Fire type gym) because Cress isn't needed anymore.
To be honest, since we already know that Cress won't be a leader, I don't see Cilan and Chili still being leaders, either.

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi-San View Post

To be honest, since we already know that Cress won't be a leader, I don't see Cilan and Chili still being leaders, either.
Well if it's anything like what Chili told his Pansear in the anime, he could open up his own fire type gym in these games.

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)
Yeah idk why they'd run two water gyms, unless Cress changed his type, and Brycen isn't a leader anymore so it's like, Cress became ice, Brycen has his own thing and so on. Don't think there's much chance of the triplets in their full form being back though.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Brycen might simply be looking at the show, just because he's at Pokewood doesn't mean he's not a gym leader anymore.
Also I think the triplets are gone...S.T.
What did happen to Lenora though...she better not pull a Loreilei and Agatha on us...
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
Bethanie
Sound Soldier

Quote:
Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.
Yeah, you'd think they'd do it buy now. They always have the "elemental" fire, water and grass gyms (Forgetting Sinnoh as it really only had three fire types - Ponyta, Chimchar and Houndour, but Ronald McDonald Flint was the in the E4 so...)

I'm happy to see another poison gym.

Apparently, Cheren is the new norm. type leader (Funny. First black character is there and gone :p), which is weird 'cos I assumed he would at least be in the e4.

Last edited by Bethanie; May 21st, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Community Supporter

Perhaps Lenora was promoted to the E4...
Also it seems like Elesa has a new gym, at least it looks that way in the trailer, with her badge being seen behind the large screen. I wonder if any of the other gym leaders will radically change their gyms, like Brycen's could be a ski resort, having to go up and down on ski lifts to get to get to him.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
1st triple battle 2nd a dark type steel 4 elesa (confirmed) 5 fire 6 fighting 7 ghost 8 dragon
Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Community Supporter

Well 1st is Cheren, 2nd is proably Homika, 3rd is likely what's his name, 4th or 5th might be Elesa, and 7th will be Brycen shall he retain his position.
If one counts Brycen than we have 5 of the 8 gym leaders. So who are the 3 others who remain? Skyla, Clay, Iris/ Drayden is my guess.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Well 1st is Cheren, 2nd is proably Homika, 3rd is likely what's his name, 4th or 5th might be Elesa, and 7th will be Brycen shall he retain his position.
If one counts Brycen than we have 5 of the 8 gym leaders. So who are the 3 others who remain? Skyla, Clay, Iris/ Drayden is my guess.
Shizui @ 3rd Gym Leader!

I think Elesa will most likely keep her position as the 4th Gym Leader, unless she has moved up a rank after two years. Which would be great, considering that would mean she'd be a bit more powerful.

Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
Forever
let it go

She's likely to stay where she is tbh, depending on where exactly the tunnel is located and where it leads to. XD;

At the other post, though, first won't be a triple battle because there's only one leader and it's too early to have three Pokemon for the one leader. :x
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
At the other post, though, first won't be a triple battle because there's only one leader and it's too early to have three Pokemon for the one leader. :x
Yeah and Cheren's one known Pokémon just had to be a Patrat too! u_u patrat triple battle

Oh well, at least he's a Gym Leader. u_u!

Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Ugh, I hate Patrat. And Watchog. Basically that whole stupid family. Ugh. That first Gym's going to be fun. Ugh. [/grouch]
Old May 23rd, 2012, 05:28 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

Shizui @ 3rd Gym Leader!

I think Elesa will most likely keep her position as the 4th Gym Leader, unless she has moved up a rank after two years. Which would be great, considering that would mean she'd be a bit more powerful.
Shizui would be after Elesa since you have to go through Nimbasa before getting to the new area that he would be in. I think the last bit of news said Elesa was still in Nimbasa. So she's either third or still fourth.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Forever
let it go

idk I have a feeling the new area is closer to Castelia than after Nimbasa. Shizui only has three, so unless that means Elesa just has Emolga/Zebstrika, but that would leave questions as to what happened to her old Emolga.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm pretty sure Shizui will be the third leader although it's possible he could be the fifth/sixth/seventh... Brycen had 3 Pokémon and he was the 7th leader. With Elesa I'd say she keeps her position at Nimbasa City as the 4th leader as I'd say that the half-way mark for both games (IMO)

Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Doesn't Shizui have only 2 poke's though?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Doesn't Shizui have only 2 poke's though?
He has three Pokemon. Which pretty much every Gym after Lenora (2) did in Black and White. We were kinda hoping that we wouldn't follow the same pattern, but it doesn't look like it.

Cheren = 2
Homika = 2
Elesa = ? (2 possible)
Shizui = 3
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Community Supporter

I'm thinking Elesa will have three even if she is the third gym leader, considering how even Burgh had three. I was hoping they'll have more pokemon than three but it doesn't seem like it now that you guys have pointed that out .
Edit: Wait, Elesa can't be the third gym, her badge doesn't match that of the case!

Last edited by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire; May 23rd, 2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: reason why elesa can't be third
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Shizui would be after Elesa since you have to go through Nimbasa before getting to the new area that he would be in. I think the last bit of news said Elesa was still in Nimbasa. So she's either third or still fourth.
Even if you do reach Nimbasa City first, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be battling the gym there before his. Keep in mind that in earlier games there were similar situations (like RBY with the first gym you see being the last one you challenge).

Old May 24th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Community Supporter

^ That's right, she could be like Norman, making you get three or more badges before battling her as a challenge.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Don't see Elesa as THAT much of a challenge that you'll need to return to her, however something as a viable reasoning could be that she's on leave to model and will be back later, like touring the country.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:52 AM
bryanyam1999
Beginning Trainer

Since Cheren, Elesa, Homika and Shizui are confirmed as a gym leader, who do you want to be a gym leader?

Shizui might be the last gym leader because his gym is in Undella Town and the town is the last place that you will go.

Last edited by bryanyam1999; May 24th, 2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Of past characters...?

And is gym isn't necessarily in Undella. ;x Besides, why would the last gym leader have only 3 Pokemon? :(

Sponsored Links

Advertise here