The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
Of past characters...?

And is gym isn't necessarily in Undella. ;x Besides, why would the last gym leader have only 3 Pokemon?
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was.

As for Gym skips, that only happened in Gens 1 and 3 as major story elements with Giovanni and Norman (Giovanni being the leader of Team Rocket and neglecting his Gym leader role, and Norman telling his child that he would not battle them unless they had four badges.) Gen 4's changes. You DO meet Fantina and see her gym in Pearl/Platinum while you don't get to challenge them yet, but in Platinum you challenge her when you get to Hearthome so her Gym placement switched.

If they skip gyms, I don't think it'll be Elesa's gym that gets skipped seeing as she was a highlight to the Trailer.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was.

As for Gym skips, that only happened in Gens 1 and 3 as major story elements with Giovanni and Norman (Giovanni being the leader of Team Rocket and neglecting his Gym leader role, and Norman telling his child that he would not battle them unless they had four badges.) Gen 4's changes. You DO meet Fantina and see her gym in Pearl/Platinum while you don't get to challenge them yet, but in Platinum you challenge her when you get to Hearthome so her Gym placement switched.

If they skip gyms, I don't think it'll be Elesa's gym that gets skipped seeing as she was a highlight to the Trailer.
If they don't skip than that would mean that there is a trainer before Elesa, my guess is it's Burgh as it seems like one gets to Castelia before her city.
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was..
Oh right I forgot about that. Even so, the location doesn't look directly like Undella, so the gym might be somewhere different. Besides maybe the gym could be like nearby it since it seems to be floating on something which Undella isn't.
Old May 25th, 2012, 06:57 AM
oldbarrel
Beginning Trainer

THere should be new gym types. I was thinking maby making each gym specialize in two types.
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbarrel View Post
THere should be new gym types. I was thinking maby making each gym specialize in two types.
Well that might be kinda awkward because we already know Homika/Shizui are water/poison exclusively, as well as Cheren as normal exclusively. Elesa could be electric/steel and relocated to the steel area but I kinda doubt it. :(
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Azure
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I think Shizui will be replacing Clay and Homika will be replacing Skyla, we know Elesa is returning, Cheren is taking Lenora's place & Brycen has some role in the game so that just leaves Drayden/Iris & The Striaton Trio who I'd assume would possibly link up with the shadow triad and Iris may have taken over Drayden for both games after his retierment for example.

Old May 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Forever
let it go

Striaton guys have been confirmed not to be Triad by eyes :x Besides, if so, that'd mean there's a new gym leader so either Clay or Skyla are staying. I think it's Skyla-- if I did the maths right. XD;
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Clay plz! He was much more fierce and his dialogue is too amusing. Especially with older Pokemon returning, I would love for him to remain a Gym Leader.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

I want Clay back. Skyla was boring as all can be. ;A;
Plus with more ground Pokemon coming back, his team will be epic. <3
Or, maybe they'll change his type into Steel! -GASP- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I want Clay back. Skyla was boring as all can be. ;A;
Plus with more ground Pokemon coming back, his team will be epic. <3
Or, maybe they'll change his type into Steel! -GASP- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
Actually i would like to see how Skyla's team turns out, but i agree that they should keep clay, I also wouldn't mind him turning into a steel gym.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Khrysta

I dunno I'm kinda hoping that we get more new Gyms. I still want a Dark Gym. We may not get one seeing as Homika is the final Gym in the Anime apparently since they've made no mention of Shizui in the Anime yet.
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Azure
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Out of Clay & Skyla I'd much prefer Skyla to return, I love her typing, looks, personallity etc. With Clay it's the opposite but I'd like to think Skyla had a bigger part in the storyline than Clay so it's more likely she'll return.

Old May 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Out of Clay & Skyla I'd much prefer Skyla to return, I love her typing, looks, personallity etc. With Clay it's the opposite but I'd like to think Skyla had a bigger part in the storyline than Clay so it's more likely she'll return.
I agree with the part about Skyla being better, but Clay had a bigger part in the story, he held the team plasma grunts in custody and met Ghetsis.

Old May 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I agree, Clay played an more important role. I think though that in the end both Clay and Skyla will be returning.
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
Actually i would like to see how Skyla's team turns out, but i agree that they should keep clay, I also wouldn't mind him turning into a steel gym.
Actually yeah, Skyla's team really needs improving. You can't just leave it at what she had imo, it has to be a bit better because she was basically the weakest of all.

Another reason for Skyla to stay! Plus she needs a bigger role too. :3
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

Actually yeah, Skyla's team really needs improving. You can't just leave it at what she had imo, it has to be a bit better because she was basically the weakest of all.

Another reason for Skyla to stay! Plus she needs a bigger role too. :3
I would like to see Skarmory and Staraptor/Pideot on her team, that would be a huge improvement in it self

Old May 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Forever
let it go

I think of Skarm more as steel than flying tbh, but Pidgeot or Staravia would greatly improve her lacking team - maybe both and a Swanna?
Old May 26th, 2012, 10:57 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

yeah thats a good team, I wonder what Shizuis team will be? if he is the second gym i would want a Marril on his team, and if possible a Lotad, that would fit the setting of the Lilly pads lol

Last edited by KingCyndaquil; May 26th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Well I could see Shizui having a Poliwag or a Poliwhirl (and if there are rematches, later on a Politoad). There are so many choices for water types though. :c

Old May 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
yeah thats a good team, I wonder what Shizuis team will be? if he is the second gym i would want a Marril on his team, and if possible a Lotad, that would fit the setting of the Lilly pads lol
Tympole, Poliwag, and Lotad lines? (he has lily pads in his gym)

Or...Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo~

Or...Triple Ludicolo~ Just give him a Pokeball wig, some 60's threads and some grove~
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Kaori
tragedy

I would hope his team would be made with a mixture of water types and not evolutions of the same line. :[

Old May 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Kenmoor
Beginning Trainer

Or Shizui's team would consist of random "Fish" Pokemon (hence the netting he carries) such as Magikarp, Seaking, etc.
Or "Deep Sea" Pokemon (he has diving goggles and leg fin thingies...) like Gorebyss (name doesn't suit them imo), Clampearl, or Jellicent.
Or we could screw that idea and just give him 2 Gyarados and a Lapras. Yup.
Don't know if this post sticks to the thread... feel free to delete!
Old May 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

I think his team will be the Second gym, so levels around 14-16 maybe, maybe polliwirl, Lombre and Tympol?

Old May 26th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
I think his team will be the Second gym, so levels around 14-16 maybe, maybe polliwirl, Lombre and Tympol?
Homika is Second.

Shizui is Third on up due to number of Pokemon, and Fifth on up due to possible location of his Gym.
Old May 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Skarmory would make sense for Skyla since airplanes are made of metal and fly like the said Pokemon.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here